NBA FORUM

Comments

• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

7:30 PM EST : Orlando ( -6.5 ) at New York ( 6.5 ) —- T: 216.5
    8:00 PM EST : Boston ( 4 ) at Toronto ( -4 ) —- T: 224.5
    10:30 PM EST : Okla City ( 3.5 ) at Denver ( -3.5 ) —- T: 237

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NBA thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• Agent47

@mbunner23 said...

Don’t rely on previous matchups. OKC and DEN both playing faster right now.

Sometimes I do, but not always and not necessarily doing so tonight. Just shared that since I was surprised to see it. Like I said, OKC has been playing high-scoring games pretty consistently as of late.

• captainwacky

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #44

RG Tiered Ranking

@mbunner23 said...

I don’t feel comfortable with this slate at all.

Yeah… I keep looking at everyone’s thoughts and thinking “wow, those aren’t good/right, this should be an awesome slate,” but then I try to come up with a plan I like and it’s not going great so far in terms of something I think is distinctly better/sneaky for a 3 game slate.

• biancap18

i take it u have a core of trier milsap russ kyrie and murray??

• frugal

@Wooden_Bones said...

A center that shoots the three isn’t a bad play against the Celtics.

On a 3 games slate gotta take a stand somewhere or you hedge yourself into losing money.

• klemi96

Pascal siakam or ibaka?

• wafic

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #20

RG Tiered Ranking

@frugal said...

On a 3 games slate gotta take a stand somewhere or you hedge yourself into losing money.

DJ Augustin gonna be my highest own player of the night.

• Wooden_Bones

@frugal said...

• Pandamonious

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #76

RG Tiered Ranking

• 2019 Blogger of the Month

@captainwacky said...

Yeah… I keep looking at everyone’s thoughts and thinking “wow, those aren’t good/right, this should be an awesome slate,” but then I try to come up with a plan I like and it’s not going great so far in terms of something I think is distinctly better/sneaky for a 3 game slate.

see, I thought you’d be excited to play Jerian Grant, Birch, and Trier.

• captainwacky

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #44

RG Tiered Ranking

@Pandamonious said...

see, I thought you’d be excited to play Jerian Grant, Birch, and Trier.

I am! I have many of those lineups. I actually have had the Grant (well, briscoe), Birch/Iwundu stack on most slates involving the magic recently.

• Pandamonious

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #76

RG Tiered Ranking

@captainwacky said...

Also, which of my thoughts particularly wasn’t good/right? I got a funk to snap out of.

• frugal

@wafic said...

DJ Augustin gonna be my highest own player of the night.

• captainwacky

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #44

RG Tiered Ranking

@captainwacky said...

I am! I have many of those lineups. I actually have had the Grant (well, briscoe), Birch/Iwundu stack on most slates involving the magic recently.

But it still is not as enticing with some of the other pricing today. Like Keef/Hawyard are better plays than those dudes (I thiiiink?) Or harris, or augustin, or the list goes on.

• captainwacky

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #44

RG Tiered Ranking

@Pandamonious said...

Also, which of my thoughts particularly wasn’t good/right? I got a funk to snap out of.

I will have approximately 0 lance thomas and live with the results. Outside of that, you seem to be on a decent track. And if Lance thomas gets 25 points or whatever at 18+ percent ownership, then so be it.

• Pandamonious

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #76

RG Tiered Ranking

@captainwacky said...

But it still is not as enticing with some of the other pricing today. Like Keef/Hawyard are better plays than those dudes (I thiiiink?) Or harris, or augustin, or the list goes on.

Yeah. Hayward just seems like one of the best plays on the slate to me. Going to be way overboard there. Not sure what to think of Keif and where he fits and how many minutes. Going to have some, but I wish I knew he would get 24 minutes for sure. I would think Grant is still their main guy, but maybe not? As Noel is still their main guy backing up Adams. It’s not like Denver is going to go small.

• monarch

Really warming to Adams. No Plumlee, they will want to attack Joker as much as possible and Beasley and company can’t keep RWB in front of them plus he is really discounted.

Edit: NvM…Plumlee is around but not playing as much. Maybe he plays more today if Adams gives them trouble, could be a problem for Milsap

• ASitar

Can’t wait to see the Knicks starting LU. This forum always goes bananas when that drops.

• captainwacky

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #44

RG Tiered Ranking

@Pandamonious said...

Yeah. Hayward just seems like one of the best plays on the slate to me. Going to be way overboard there. Not sure what to think of Keif and where he fits and how many minutes. Going to have some, but I wish I knew he would get 24 minutes for sure. I would think Grant is still their main guy, but maybe not? As Noel is still their main guy backing up Adams. It’s not like Denver is going to go small.

I always have Noel shares, and for Keif, it’s mostly that he can jump his price in those 15-20 even if that’s his minutes floor. Obviously were this not a 3 game slate I would pay him no mind, but if our goal is to get say… 25 out of grant or birch, Keif’s explosion game ceiling is way higher. Same with Hayward.

• captainwacky

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #44

RG Tiered Ranking

@monarch said...

Really warming to Adams. No Plumlee, they will want to attack Joker as much as possible and Beasley and company can’t keep RWB in front of them plus he is really discounted.

Edit: NvM…Plumlee is around but not playing as much. Maybe he plays more today if Adams gives them trouble, could be a problem for Milsap

Fwiw, I think plumlee is a great play today.

• Pandamonious

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #76

RG Tiered Ranking

@ASitar said...

Can’t wait to see the Knicks starting LU. This forum always goes bananas when that drops.

Yes. Watch it be DSJ/Jenkins/Knox/Hezonja/Kornet.

• JSteele

Fizdale is pretty easy to figure out. Whatever happened last game will not happen this game.

Mudiay goes off
    DSJ goes off
    Trier goes off
    Dotson goes off

Today would suggest Mudiay and Trier are the plays

• monarch

Upon realizing that Adams was sneaky I have concluded that Plumlee is the sneakiest…lol and your Millsap pivot. Plum can guard Adams and all of those Thunder forwards

• gunshow2425

@JSteele said...

Fizdale is pretty easy to figure out. Whatever happened last game will not happen this game.

Mudiay goes off
    DSJ goes off
    Trier goes off
    Dotson goes off

Today would suggest Mudiay and Trier are the plays

• captainwacky

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #44

RG Tiered Ranking

@monarch said...

Upon realizing that Adams was sneaky I have concluded that Plumlee is the sneakiest…lol and your Millsap pivot. Plum can guard Adams and all of those Thunder forwards

I agree with you. Also, one of my favorite strategies on small enough slates (which this qualifies as) is to find the guy who could overwhelmingly benefit the most from a starter’s foul trouble or injury yet is still a decent play if things go normally. Magic PG is good, Noel is good, plumlee is good, etc. Teams that don’t have much positional depth provide opportunities, even if they’re unlikely ones.

• Benf15harp

@Pandamonious said...

Yes. Watch it be DSJ/Jenkins/Knox/Hezonja/Kornet.

No Kurt Thomas ? 😬

• Pandamonious

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #76

RG Tiered Ranking

@Benf15harp said...

No Kurt Thomas ? 😬

We have to move forward a decade to Lance Thomas.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Use our links to sign up and deposit on sites listed in this thread to get these bonuses:

• FanDuel

Get 1-month of RotoGrinders Premium for FREE (a ~$40value) by signing up through one of our links!

Learn More
  • DraftKings

Sign up for DraftKings using a RotoGrinders link & receive our DraftKings Premium content FREE for 1 month. That’s a ~$40 value! No DraftKings promo code necessary!

Learn More
  • FantasyDraft

FantasyDraft strives to put players first, with a mission to “provide a fun and fair experience for all.” To this end, the site has a well-built, easy-to-use interface and a the first of its kind in offering “Rake-Free” fantasy contests.

Learn More

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week. Our goal is to help all of our members make more money playing daily fantasy sports!

Bet with your head, not over it!
Gambling Problem? Call 1-800-Gambler