NBA FORUM

Comments

• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

7:30 PM EST : Orlando ( -6.5 ) at New York ( 6.5 ) —- T: 216.5
    8:00 PM EST : Boston ( 4 ) at Toronto ( -4 ) —- T: 224.5
    10:30 PM EST : Okla City ( 3.5 ) at Denver ( -3.5 ) —- T: 237

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NBA thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• Njsum1

@Kmasonbx said...

Makes me wonder, since I’m having my best NBA season, am I just running good or am I actually good at NBA? Of course I like to think since this is by far my favorite sport and I actually used be a pretty respected scout in NYC that I’m actually good but who knows could be that I’m just OK and I’m running good.

You’re probably good. Yet also a little running good too. You seem to know what you’re talking about. 👍

I don’t think Panda is having a bad season, he can correct me if I’m wrong, just sounds from his post like he’s been struggling lately. He did win a 100k tourney, so I doubt he’s negative on the year. Maybe just giving a little more back than he’d like. 🤷‍♂️

• Wooden_Bones

@feekdogg said...

SGs has been getting it done against the Thunder lately. Might just pair Morris and Beasley on FD and hope one of them pops.

IT being back muddies up that rotation a bit. I’m not sure Morris and Beasley will be getting the minutes you’d want.

• Pandamonious

• 2019 Blogger of the Month

@Ace15 said...

Yes to everyone talking about how tough NBA DFS is right now. It’s been tilting for suree, pretty sure I’m going to take a break until NBA Playoffs or NFL season soon lol. You definitely need to be creative with your LU’s these days.

Tonight is pretty simple for me RWB/PG/Kyrie studs. Kevin Knox or Trier will break the slate you can book that right now. Marcus Smart and D. Green are on my radar as well. You will need to get creative tonight.

Playing a lot of Trier. I’m strictly looking at ceilings tonight. Making some funky line ups. Grant and Augustin together for example. Leaning Vuc over Jokic. I’ll be hunting that Barton break out quite a bit. I’ll take some stabs at IT. Got extended run last game only because of a blowout, but the fact that he played 24 minutes is a good sign for his potential.

• Njsum1

Don’t like the first game much, yet I think I’m going to want a piece or 2 for cap savings. Dont know where I want to go, yet I’m leaning towards a Fournier/Dotson stack. Maybe the wings will give us a little back and forth? And Augustin, while he doesn’t have a ton of upside, is a nice value piece for 4100…imo.

• frugal

I think lot’s of folks are going to look to Westbrook and Jokic tonight and I think fading them both is going to provide a large advantage.

• Pandamonious

@Kmasonbx said...

Makes me wonder, since I’m having my best NBA season, am I just running good or am I actually good at NBA? Of course I like to think since this is by far my favorite sport and I actually used be a pretty respected scout in NYC that I’m actually good but who knows could be that I’m just OK and I’m running good.

Probably both. You’re probably legit good, while having some variance on your side.

• ScofieldReturns

@feekdogg said...

SGs has been getting it done against the Thunder lately. Might just pair Morris and Beasley on FD and hope one of them pops.

watch IT, barton and garris all go off lmao

• Ace15

@Benf15harp said...

I feel like fading rwb and pg13 is the only rational thing to do LOL

Lol, I would but I know I’ll only be disappointed later. I will maybe fade RWB for Kyrie. I’m not playing many LUs tonight though lol.

• Njsum1

@frugal said...

I think lot’s of folks are going to look to Westbrook and Jokic tonight and I think fading them both is going to provide a large advantage.

Westbrook has been playing really well lately. I don’t think I can fade him in a game with that total and spread. Jokic I can fade, yet probably won’t competely fade.

• ASitar

I don’t see how you fade a player with a 90 point ceiling on a 3 game slate (unless you’re doing more than 3 LUs). If Russ hits 70+ DK points you WILL need to have him to get into the top 500.

• Pandamonious

@Ace15 said...

Lol, I would but I know I’ll only be disappointed later. I will maybe fade RWB for Kyrie. I’m not playing many LUs tonight though lol.

Fully expecting Kyrie to hit 55-60 tonight. No doubt about it. Maybe 65. The question is does Westbrook ‘just’ hit 60 or does he get to 80. Same with PG. Fully expecting 50-55 from Kawhi, but does PG ‘just’ get 50 or does he hit 60-70?

• feekdogg

@ScofieldReturns said...

watch IT, barton and garris all go off lmao

They’re all cheap enough where I could game stack Harris, IT, Beasley and Morris with RWB and PG13. I wouldn’t play Barton under any circumstances. That guy can go pound sand.

• Njsum1

@Pandamonious said...

Fully expecting Kyrie to hit 55-60 tonight. No doubt about it. Maybe 65. The question is does Westbrook ‘just’ hit 60 or does he get to 80. Same with PG. Fully expecting 50-55 from Kawhi, but does PG ‘just’ get 50 or does he hit 60-70?

As of now I’m not choosing between Westbrook and Kyrie. I’m playing them both.

• Kmasonbx

@Njsum1 said...

You’re probably good. Yet also a little running good too. You seem to know what you’re talking about. 👍

Thanks!

• monarch

@Njsum1 said...

As of now I’m not choosing between Westbrook and Kyrie. I’m playing them both.

Not in front of a computer but isnt Torrey Craig the RWB stopper?

102 possessions…15 total points allowed defending RWB

• eatmyturf23

You east coast degens forgot to post the new yahoo league info up to the top / first page hahaha. Now it will not be seen!

https://rotogrinders.com/threads/nba-2-25-2933964?page=29#reply-2935480

• eatmyturf23

YAHOO LEAGUE STARTING AGAIN
    Starts tomorrow (Wed), 50-man league (it’s hard lately to fill these, we need every one of you!)
    A mere $1 entry gets you five days of fun!

https://sports.yahoo.com/dailyfantasy/league/17409/overview

https://sports.yahoo.com/dailyfantasy/league/17409/overview

thanks Dirk

• frugal

@ASitar said...

I don’t see how you fade a player with a 90 point ceiling on a 3 game slate (unless you’re doing more than 3 LUs). If Russ hits 70+ DK points you WILL need to have him to get into the top 500.

And that’s exactly why fading him when he doesn’t hit his ceiling will provide a massive advantage.

• jess701

@Pandamonious said...

Yeah, last night was a mess all around. The grind is real. I’ve never in general been more frustrated and tilted on a daily basis with NBA DFS before. I love NBA DFS. It consumes me. It’s been my favoritie thing in this world that isn’t living for 3 years now. I’ve gotten to the point where it just frustrates me more than anything. I know it’s my own doing. I’m just not playing it right anymore. I’ve never wanted the season to just be over before. I’ve never looked forward to MLB or NASCAR Sundays so much before. I’ve never had so many nights within a season where I was one realistic within the realms of my player pool move away from taking down another GPP to the point that I’m angered by it and that it hasn’t happened again, as cash empties and flows from my bankroll on a daily basis. Anyways…

On to tonight. Shoot for ceilings and end up somewhere in the middle. Good luck everyone.

Ya my best night in awhile 330 and I still didnt cash in, Your right Very Very frustrating!

• Dolphins2016

@frugal said...

• Njsum1

@monarch said...

Not in front of a computer but isnt Torrey Craig the RWB stopper?

102 possessions…15 total points allowed defending RWB

Doesn’t seem like Craig is a big part of the rotation now. Maybe if he draws a start, there might be some validity to that thinking as it would let us know that the Denver coaching staff believes that to be true.

However, I was hesitant to play RWB versus Utah, cause they shut him down twice, and he went nuts. The dude has just been so good lately, that I’m not really paying attention to history when it comes to him. He’s still cheap for the output and it’s a 3 game slate. I’m not fading him, yet I could be wrong.

• stugots219

Went balanced in all my lineups with a few Olynk’s and cashed every lineup. Who cares about winning a GPP. As long as you win money that’s all you need. Balanced for me through and through

• ASitar

Didn’t know Kadeem Allen was in the G League. Trier might be the best value on the slate. Tonight’s Olynyk.

• Benf15harp

@Pandamonious said...

Now you’re talking. It’s all geometry. Lmao

• frugal

@ASitar said...

Didn’t know Kadeem Allen was in the G League. Trier might be the best value on the slate. Tonight’s Olynyk.

Yeah, I learned the hard way last slate NY was on as I had Allen and didn’t read the note he was in the D league. Mudiay is playing those minutes now.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).