NBA FORUM

Comments

• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

7:30 PM EST : Orlando ( -6.5 ) at New York ( 6.5 ) —- T: 216.5
    8:00 PM EST : Boston ( 4 ) at Toronto ( -4 ) —- T: 224.5
    10:30 PM EST : Okla City ( 3.5 ) at Denver ( -3.5 ) —- T: 237

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NBA thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• biancap18

or lance thomas may start again at 3.3

• Kmasonbx

@samuri8 said...

Yeah a Knickerbocker as a core play is pretty dumb, I retract that part of the post as I forgot I like money.

My thought is on a 3 game slate using a Knick as a core play isn’t dumb as long as they aren’t popular. The thing that makes Fizdale’s rotations unpredictable isn’t that he plays guys extra minutes on a whim, it’s that guys get extra run when playing well and that will come at the expense of someone. He’s not one of those coaches who will play a player 20 minutes no matter how well they’re playing, if they’re playing well they might get 28 minutes and if they’re playing poorly they may only get 12 minutes. When it comes to the Knicks nobody is good enough that they’re going to consistently play well, so everybody is risky since they’re playing time is essentially merit based, which is what makes popular Knicks not a great play. The two guys that were deemed safe, DSJ and Kevin Knox, have even seen their minutes disappear in spots.

• mbunner23

The two Knicks I am considering are Dotson and Trier. Robinson foul trouble is concerning for me.

• stugots219

@dominicanpapi said...

Me too bro! I was in enamored with Whiteside, wasn’t expecting Zeller to put up a 60 burger last night tho lol.

Well Whiteside had a good night didn’t he? Well above value

• Costamesa5

I realize it’s a three game slate. However, NY/ORL is lowest total, highest spread, and Fiz working his magic. FADE

• casper

@samuri8 said...

Yeah a Knickerbocker as a core play is pretty dumb, I retract that part of the post as I forgot I like money.

I like money two hate getting fizzed.I faded Knicks last game and Dotson Robinson Thomas all smashed.they had to be in the winning line ups

• biancap18

cant fade , somebody will exceed value by a lot trier dotson lance robinson someone

• frugal

@mbunner23 said...

The two Knicks I am considering are Dotson and Trier. Robinson foul trouble is concerning for me.

See, I think with Jordan out, Robinson is the safest play in terms of rotation as I imagine he’ll get as many minutes as it takes to get 5-6 fouls tonight regardless of outcome. He’s looking like he’s going to be an elite shot blocker in the next few years once he learns how to foul less, had 9 in 22 minutes vs ORL back in NOV. Of course a week later he had 5 fouls in 9 minutes. He’s had 3+ blocks in 11 of his last 15 games.

• Sleazygreazy

RG Overall Ranking

Any reason to think Markieff Morris gets more than 20 minutes?
    What’s holding him back? Injury, Patterson?!

• samuri8

The Torrey Craig mention was spot on, he has played heavy minutes and done well against the Thunder. He started those games however. No one’s projections are likely to lead them to Craig so it’s an interesting angle.

• mbunner23

If I remember correctly, the last time OKC/DEN played, Murray and Westbrook got into a heated exchange with seconds left in the game. Westbrook mad mode. ALL IN.

• monarch

@samuri8 said...

The Torrey Craig mention was spot on, he has played heavy minutes and done well against the Thunder. He started those games however. No one’s projections are likely to lead them to Craig so it’s an interesting angle.

He’s a real solid showdown play IMO.

• samuri8

My thoughts on Robinson align with frugal, that his defensive stats anchor him. Core play was def an overstatement though, more of a first take.

• fongster

@samuri8 said...

probably a good reason (besides his recent form) to avoid barton

• dominicanpapi

If the Craig situation is legitimate, is it a bad play to punt at SG on FD with Trier/Craig? The worse case scenario is that one of them will be your drop score.

• You guys have fun with rwb and kyrie love, i will be taking murray at pg.

• mbunner23

@samuri8 said...

My thoughts on Robinson align with frugal, that his defensive stats anchor him. Core play was def an overstatement though, more of a first take.

I don’t mind the play, I’m just worried about potential foul trouble in this spot. Shot blockers tend to foul a lot and he’s likely guarding the best player on the court.

• wafic

Who’s your chalk bust of the night? I think it’s Millsap. He’s been playing way too well lately. Everyone is locking him in without a second thought much like the Bledsoe Middleton fiasco from last night. Prior to this streak he was hot garbage. He could easily revert to that again tonight. My chalk bust pick of the night.

• biancap18

is it possible to fit in rwb jokic and pg ??? i think so

• jess701

@biancap18 said...

og lol

I took that bum the other day he burned me!

• biancap18

is it possible to fit in rwb pg and joker? i think so

• mbunner23

@biancap18 said...

is it possible to fit in rwb pg and joker? i think so

I’d hate to see the rest of that lineup.

• BawseGeller

Don’t think we’ve really mentioned Siakam or Ibaka at all yet…anyone playing either??

• Kmasonbx

@biancap18 said...

is it possible to fit in rwb jokic and pg ??? i think so

Just because something can be done doesn’t mean it should be done.

• monarch

@wafic said...

Who’s your chalk bust of the night? I think it’s Millsap. He’s been playing way too well lately. Everyone is locking him in without a second thought much like the Bledsoe Middleton fiasco from last night. Prior to this streak he was hot garbage. He could easily revert to that again tonight. My chalk bust pick of the night.

His teammate Jamal Murray. He hasn’t had big games with Millsap available and there are lots of ways for Murray to have his minutes cut. Millsap is their only true power forward in the rotation against a team that stays big and struggles vs the four.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).