7:00 PM EST : Philadelphia ( -7.5 ) at Cleveland ( 7.5 ) —- T: 220
    7:00 PM EST : Brooklyn ( -1.5 ) at Washington ( 1.5 ) —- T: 235
    7:30 PM EST : Orlando ( -2 ) at Atlanta ( 2 ) —- T: 227
    7:30 PM EST : Dallas ( -5 ) at San Antonio ( 5 ) —- T: —
    7:30 PM EST : Minnesota ( 10 ) at Miami ( -10 ) —- T: —
    8:00 PM EST : Memphis ( 10 ) at Houston ( -10 ) —- T: —
    9:00 PM EST : LA Clippers ( -5.5 ) at Phoenix ( 5.5 ) —- T: 233
    10:00 PM EST : Boston ( 4 ) at Utah ( -4 ) —- T: —

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterday’s games will be moved to yesterday’s NBA thread. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

• dominicanpapi

@barko15 said...

Thanks! Agreed, I am building a pretty safe lineup but really could use some help on this Beal vs Booker thing. Both of them have huge upside and reasons to play each. I am tempted to try to shove both in but really struggling to get off Derozan.

Is this FD or DK? Beal is on a heater, however, the Nets generally play better defense with Kyrie off the floor. Earlier in the season, Kyrie missed a chunk of games. As a result the Nets’ defensive rating was 5th.

He comes back, they fall back to 12th but keep in mind Kyrie missed a couple of games. Otherwise they probably would have been middle of the pack.

Kyrie began missing games again on 2/3, Nets defensive rating? 2nd, behind Milwaukee.

So with that being said, Beal’s peripherals have gone down lately. So if his shot isn’t falling (and this heater is unsustainable) and he’s not giving you assists or rebounds, you’re screwed. I haven’t even looked at Booker either b/c the Clippers are back at full strength now and honestly, I’ll bite on the ownership and just play DDR. The usage and shots will all be there.

• RipCityRings

Is it just me or does most of the early value today seem dubious at best?

Drummond news should ostensibly be meaningful, but at this stage in this season I don’t see the Cavs giving TT 30+. I hate playing Nance and the matchup is bad regardless, but that still seems a little too crowded for Zizic to be in play.

What is Josh Jackson ‘s ceiling at 4.5K? I’ve been hesitant to play him at 3.5, I don’t know if a few extra minutes are a game-changer there.

Spurs are a mess. Aside from Poeltl, the fact that I’m still questioning whether 3.3K Rudy Gay is worth it says a lot. Lyles breaks 30fps like twice a season, DDR has a 50% chance of being passive and awful, and Murray can only score effectively 10% of the time this season.

The Suns have plenty of ball-dominant players to fill Oubre’s void, and Saric isn’t exactly a model of consistency.

I’m just struggling to find anything to love here, much less like.

• barko15

@dominicanpapi said...

Is this FD or DK? Beal is on a heater, however, the Nets generally play better defense with Kyrie off the floor. Earlier in the season, Kyrie missed a chunk of games. As a result the Nets’ defensive rating was 5th.

He comes back, they fall back to 12th but keep in mind Kyrie missed a couple of games. Otherwise they probably would have been middle of the pack.

Kyrie began missing games again on 2/3, Nets defensive rating? 2nd, behind Milwaukee.

So with that being said, Beal’s peripherals have gone down lately. So if his shot isn’t falling (and this heater is unsustainable) and he’s not giving you assists or rebounds, you’re screwed. I haven’t even looked at Booker either b/c the Clippers are back at full strength now and honestly, I’ll bite on the ownership and just play DDR. The usage and shots will all be there.

Thanks for the insight! It’s on Fanduel. I think I’m going to eat the DDR chalk. You make a good point on the Beal lack of peripherals. I’m looking at Booker because with Oubre out his usage is amazing. That Clippers spread is only 7 so at least Vegas doesn’t expect the blowout. If it’s close I’d assume its bc of Booker?

• dakimbell

Man I hate feeling like I need to play DDR, guy hates me.

• Njsum1

@telestraightshooter said...

got me thinking – dK should discount the winning $ to clone trains in single entry cash contests

If a Cash Clone Train extend over 10% of entries…..
    … then reduce their return from 200% to say (125% or 150%)….
    …. & extend the cash line.

I’m not sure I’d want that…I’m having a really good nba dfs season. Not sure why, maybe I’m more experienced, maybe it’s because optimizers putting people on the same plays…it’s not like the thing is going 8 for eight every night.

But in theory I understand your point about dissuading people from running site generated optimals

• superjon

@captainwacky said...

Same premise as with graham out yesterday (even though he didn’t perform well)— Jaylen McDaniels has effectively been their 7th man, and now with Monk out (regardless of the positional difference), he should see more minutes and usage. I think that’s another good cheap guy with 0 ownership.

Why would Jaylen get more minutes?

Monk avg about 29 minutes over his last 5.

Surely they can spread that out across Rozier, Graham, Bridges and Cody and Caleb Martin.

And even if Jaylen did pick up a few extra minutes, not sure why he would be interesting when you can just play Saric or Lyles.

• Petergunz82

@theIrrigator said...

For me anything over 20% is chalky and anything around 5% is low owned

You can still have a unique build with a bunch of 20% owned players…more likely on a 5 – 7 game slate than a 9 gamer

• theIrrigator

• Ranked #43

RG Tiered Ranking

@superjon said...

Royce O’Neale has started most of his games this season (48 out of 57)

Royce O’Neale sucks.

Agreed but I didnt post that because of Royce O’Neale. More so about Conley to the bench

• dominicanpapi

@barko15 said...

Thanks for the insight! It’s on Fanduel. I think I’m going to eat the DDR chalk. You make a good point on the Beal lack of peripherals. I’m looking at Booker because with Oubre out his usage is amazing. That Clippers spread is only 7 so at least Vegas doesn’t expect the blowout. If it’s close I’d assume its bc of Booker?

The $2600 price difference or whatever it is between Beal and DDR is stark though. Like…even if projections have Beal scoring 6-7 points more, the cost savings is too big to ignore.

• captainwacky

@superjon said...

Why would Jaylen get more minutes?

Monk avg about 29 minutes over his last 5.

Surely they can spread that out across Rozier, Graham, Bridges and Cody and Caleb Martin.

And even if Jaylen did pick up a few extra minutes, not sure why he would be interesting when you can just play Saric or Lyles.

It might be a little thin today given the value… but none of those guys play the knicks, so I’m willing to explore a little.

• theIrrigator

• Ranked #43

RG Tiered Ranking

@Matoshea said...

I had an extra $20 in my account so I figured I’d enter some NBA contests tonight for the 1st time in a year or 2. Holy shit I don’t miss this. I forgot how closely you have to pay attention to all the news coming in throughout the day. God bless you guys who do this on a daily basis. I’ll stick to playing golf contests from here on out.

Have no fear, the optimizer is here! Just click optimize at 5:58 and win money! Easy as 1-2-3 lol

• RipCityRings

I think Dinwiddie is far and away a better play than Beal or DDR tonight. The Wiz simply do not guard primary ball handlers. Look at the last three games- LaVine, Bledsoe and Sexton all went off.

I can see a lot of merit to pairing him with LeVert and running it back with Ish or Shabazz at a discount.

• theIrrigator

• Ranked #43

RG Tiered Ranking

@Petergunz82 said...

You can still have a unique build with a bunch of 20% owned players…more likely on a 5 – 7 game slate than a 9 gamer

Correct

• superjon

@Petergunz82 said...

Winning lineups on FD

Feb 25th (7 game slate)
    3 players over 20%
    4 players under 10%

Feb 24th (8 game slate)
    2 players over 20%
    4 players under 10%

Feb 23rd (6 game slate)
    3 players over 20%
    3 players under 10%

Feb 22nd (6 game slate)
    5 players over 20%
    3 players under 10%

Feb 21st (9 game slate)
    4 players over 20%
    3 players under 10%

Jan 31st (7 game slate)
    3 players over 20%
    3 players under 10%

• superjon

@theIrrigator said...

Agreed but I didnt post that because of Royce O’Neale. More so about Conley to the bench

Gotcha

• travvis

Really liking Josh Jackson tonight. Houston has been playing small. Seems like he might finally have his head screwed on straight with the way Memphis has brought him along. Tonight is a great night for him to show that their effort they put into him was well worth it.

• JSteele

@barko15 said...

I think Beverly will guard Rubio (and may even be playing limited minutes). I think Booker’s usage may be ridiculous but with that said, I expect Kawhi on him. Beal should be in a great spot just have to pay 1.3k more to get there.

I’m expecting Paul George to be on Booker when he’s on the perimeter and Kawhi will help it when he drives to the paint. Clippers are not a team to target against when they have a healthy roster. They become one of the best units in the league. When they are missing a piece or two that is when they give up a ton of points.

tl;dr go with Beal

• theIrrigator

• Ranked #43

RG Tiered Ranking

@superjon said...

Gotcha

I doubt I play anyone from that game

• Ace15

@RipCityRings said...

I think Dinwiddie is far and away a better play than Beal or DDR tonight

100%. I will still have DDR, but Dinwiiddie, Josh Jackson, Mitchell Robinson my highest exposures so far.

• mbunner23

@travvis said...

Really liking Josh Jackson tonight. Houston has been playing small. Seems like he might finally have his head screwed on straight with the way Memphis has brought him along. Tonight is a great night for him to show that their effort they put into him was well worth it.

Agreed, perfect game script for some Josh Jackson.

• rickleese

RG Optimizer has both J Valunciunas and Gorgui Dieng projected at 28 minutes each. That would mean at least 8 minutes on the court together. I don’t see this happening against the Rockets. Was looking at Dieng, but not sure his minutes are safe.

• emnj69

@Ace15 said...

100%. I will still have DDR, but Dinwiiddie, Josh Jackson, Mitchell Robinson my highest exposures so far.

m rob is great points per minute guy but will he get the minutes-out of last like 8 games he got over 30 minutes once-once over 20 the rest all under 20-he usually only gets minutes if a blow out , randle foul trouble or night off.

I love mrob the player but knicks coaches all year been scared to let him play big minutes. I will have Mrob exposure but I the guy I think really is the play is Randle who should see heavy minutes and be strong on the boards

• telestraightshooter

@Pandamonious said...

You can’t punish people for ending up with the same line up as someone no matter how they ended up there.

I am thinking only in egregious cases – better yet, keep track of players’ LU’s that habitually end up in big cash trains.

employing a statistical approach, it’s easy to sort out the occasional duplicate LU from habitual clone train riders who are gaming the system.

• RipCityRings

Also worth noting that the Spurs have absolutely no one to stop Porzingis tonight. C only eligibility on DK should also keep ownership down, but this feels like a smash spot to me.

• Theguy49503

Great line up (in my small opinion)but got $4200 left for the UTL spot and don’t like anything I’m seeing please help

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).