8:00 PM EST : Sacramento ( -1 ) at Detroit ( 1 ) — T: 224.5
    8:00 PM EST : Phoenix ( 5 ) at Chicago ( 5 ) — T: 229
    8:00 PM EST : LA Clippers ( -6 ) at Memphis ( 6 ) — T: 226.5
    8:00 PM EST : Utah ( -6 ) at Miami ( 6 ) — T:
    8;00 PM EST : Atlanta ( -5 ) at Oklahoma City ( 5 ) — T: 223.5
    10:00 PM EST : Portland ( 5.5 ) at LA Lakers ( -5.5 ) — T: 222
    10:00 PM EST : Charlotte ( 6.5 ) at Golden State ( -6.5 ) — T: 231.5

DRAFTKINGS RG FORUM LEAGUE

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterday’s games will be moved to yesterday’s NBA thread. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

• Kanner88

Happy Friday to everyone! Do the Friday dance and let’s get it today !!

• frugal

Last night, every player on fire….then games blew out…and fire turned to ice.

First look today…DET PG getting pricier but think Lee still slightly underpriced, Shai & Roby, PHO, Lebron.

• WhiteyJones8

Dragic for $4600 on FD against Utah? Or nah?

He only played 20 minutes Wednesday. I could see something like 22-24 tonight. Tough matchup though. He’s probably closer to a 5x than a 6x.

Also, who is going to use a “vacation day” on the Clippers b2b? Is that our value source tonight? FD looks tough at first glance.

(Note: LAC play at Memphis again tonight so there wasn’t any travel on this b2b)

• theIrrigator

• Ranked #79

RG Tiered Ranking

Nice we get an extra 30 mins today. Gonna be working most of the day so that will be helpful. Probably a no go on Dragic. Really a no go if Herro plays. If Herro doesn’t i could see Dragic hitting 25 fpts but I doubt that gets it done on a slate of this size. I imagine by lock there is some better value

• WhiteyJones8

I would rather Gordon Hayward out to go here (he doesn’t have an injury designation) but Malik Monk has been decent value with Devonte’ Graham out the past three games. He has scored 17.2, 27.2 and 38.9.

The play might be a little too thin but the matchup against GS isn’t terrible for $4,900 on FD

• fleishmo6

Thinking LBJ is close to the lock button
    Him and Dame will shootout

• Alvance83

Paul,Lowry, fox all cheap on dk
    Dort, Roby and either piston guard maybe my 2 go to sub 5000 players

• superjon

I have learned it’s impossible for me to win anything if I’m only playing 1-3 lineups.

Going back to 50-100

• dominicanpapi

@superjon said...

I have learned it’s impossible for me to win anything if I’m only playing 1-3 lineups.

Going back to 50-100

All it takes is 1 man. Can’t tell you how many screenshots I see of folks with a single bullet taking it down. Happens probably 2-3 times a week.

• WhiteyJones8

@dominicanpapi said...

All it takes is 1 man. Can’t tell you how many screenshots I see of folks with a single bullet taking it down. Happens probably 2-3 times a week.

Probably not the best comparison but DFS is similar to lottery in one regard. You are more likely to hit a massive payday the more tickets (entries) you play. That said, people that buy just one ticket or only a few win all the time. The same is true about DFS.

I’ve learned to mostly focus on the things I can control (my lineup) and not what everyone else is doing.

My strategy tonight will be the same as always. 1.) Identify the best plays (chalk). 2.) Determine which of those are traps 3.) Find my “diamond in the rough” play 4.) Profit?

• dominicanpapi

@WhiteyJones8 said...

Probably not the best comparison but DFS is similar to lottery in one regard. You are more likely to hit a massive payday the more tickets (entries) you play. That said, people that buy just one ticket or only a few win all the time. The same is true about DFS.

I’ve learned to mostly focus on the things I can control (my lineup) and not what everyone else is doing.

My strategy tonight will be the same as always. 1.) Identify the best plays (chalk). 2.) Determine which of those are traps 3.) Find my “diamond in the rough” play 4.) Profit?

You’re right. If superjon is playing 1-3 lineups, why not do a 3 max contest? Better odds. And if he feels really confident about a LU, why not enter it in the Clutch?

• theIrrigator

• Ranked #79

RG Tiered Ranking

@superjon said...

Going back to 50-100

Correct. Lol. I think 20 lineups is about the sweet spot for me on DK. Probably on FD as well but I keep doing 150. I’m gonna go back to 50 on FD. I usually have such a tight core that if my projections are off the extra lineups are usually just more dead lineups.

The last couple days I have been trying to figure out the best way to just do my 20-50 with my tight core and then another 20-50 that are hedged somewhat so that if my favorite guys fail I still have some lineups that are competitive.

I did it yesterday with Boban but without csv download on FD it’s hard to analyze the results without going through each lineup one by one

• emnj69

will boston big 3 show any kind of heart tonight at home ? it is a surprise how much of a train wreck they are becoming in Boston-I cant believe missing Smart is what is destroying that team. I actually like TT tonight at a cheap price too

• Brendan239

Anyone else waiting for the Top Shot pack to drop at 12 EST today? I’m new to the game.

• fleishmo6

Funny, I was going to take a stab given the opportunity. Logged on to site and my log in was I guess hacked or some how crossed with someone else’s as their screen name etc is on my phone when I open up the site

• sochoice

• 2017 DraftKings FBWC Finalist

• 2017 FanDuel WFFC Champion

Made a no thought, gut feel FD lineup last night for the Clutch. Just watched BeerMakers Fan RG video and he is humping 3 of those same players. F me. Back to the drawing board for me…..

• Brendan239

I need to start over. I keep on jamming in Pistons and Hornets.

• frugal

@theIrrigator said...

Correct. Lol. I think 20 lineups is about the sweet spot for me on DK. Probably on FD as well but I keep doing 150. I’m gonna go back to 50 on FD. I usually have such a tight core that if my projections are off the extra lineups are usually just more dead lineups.

The last couple days I have been trying to figure out the best way to just do my 20-50 with my tight core and then another 20-50 that are hedged somewhat so that if my favorite guys fail I still have some lineups that are competitive.

I did it yesterday with Boban but without csv download on FD it’s hard to analyze the results without going through each lineup one by one

I stopped hedging about a week ago and extended entries from 5-6 to ~15 and went on a nice streak of cashing but last night was a huge dud. I may get up to 20 in the 2nd half of the season but I need to figure out a hedge strategy so when my core fails I can get close to recovering entries at min.

• superjon

@sochoice said...

Made a no thought, gut feel FD lineup last night for the Clutch. Just watched BeerMakers Fan RG video and he is humping 3 of those same players. F me. Back to the drawing board for me…..

He’s better (just a little) at NBA than NFL.

I wouldn’t start jamming in his touts, but if you like a player first, and then see he likes them as well. I wouldn’t completely take them out of consideration.

• IT4MVP

If Roby does well then so be it. I refuse to get burnt by that dude again. Probably why I’ll never win big, recency bias gets me every time smh. Dame in LA sounds juicy and liking the Trae/Shai stack

• gaelicgirl

@dominicanpapi said...

Yessir!

• Yukerboy

• Blogger of the Month

Houston and Toronto play each other and have no one questionable or game time decisions. That has to be a first for either of them, let alone both. Wonder if Lowry or Wall or Gordon or Glassier gets added throughout the day.

The two games Bam missed, so did Jimmy. Herro and Precious both started. I would think Precious would start, but with it being Royce, perhaps Herro starts and Robinson moves to the four. Precious minutes have been trending down hard. Either way, Herro gets his 30 if he plays and I have to think Strus gets at least 25 starting or not. If Herro is out and Dragic is on a limit, Strus could see 30.

If Cam is out, Snell won’t hit four threes, assists, or rebounds like last game. Gallinari won’t hit ten threes. They will both be overowned and complete fades for me, but I will definitely have some Collins and Capela, even on the same lineup.

If Bey sits, I’m thinking it has to be Svi starting and Jackson keeping his 28-30 minute bench role. Have to think with Haliburton, Saban Lee and Dennis Smith should floor time together, but they still only get 48 minutes between them because NBA coaching remains atrocious. With that said, Halliburton seeing Josh Jackson #wayne-ellington)Wayne Ellington”:/players/wayne-ellington-1009 defending him says give me all the Haliburton, but his price is up there around Glassier.

With Schroeder back, I wonder if the Lake show keeps Kuzma in his bench role. My gut says yes because again, NBA coaching is horrendous, but also because Kuzma adds a pop off the bench and Kief starting won’t take usage away from LeBron and Schroeder. However, Kuzma off the bench does limit Harrell’s upside which is a shame as Portland’s biggest guy off the bench is Anthony. Matter of fact, between Kuzma and Harrell, I can see the Lakers bench being +20 so no need to worry about a Portland blowout, but I can definitely see the Lake show blowing this game wide open, especially if Lillard has another 10-30 night. Keep in mind 10-30 Lillard is still 35 points to go alone with 10 assists. He’s still a top target for me.

Finally, would have loved this spot for Biyombo if Zeller sits if Looney/Wiseman had missed more time. Interested to see LeMelo defensively against Curry and will definitely be under the field on both counts.

• binz21

Last night was my final straw. NBA Dfs used to be fun before all the optimizers did all the work. Im done. Good luck all.

• Brendan239

I’m in line on Top Shot!!! Gonna pull AD

• monarch

Yuker. They will not put Lamelo Ball on Wardell Curry at least as a primary defensive assignment.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).