8:00 PM EST : Sacramento ( -1 ) at Detroit ( 1 ) — T: 224.5
    8:00 PM EST : Phoenix ( 5 ) at Chicago ( 5 ) — T: 229
    8:00 PM EST : LA Clippers ( -6 ) at Memphis ( 6 ) — T: 226.5
    8:00 PM EST : Utah ( -6 ) at Miami ( 6 ) — T:
    8;00 PM EST : Atlanta ( -5 ) at Oklahoma City ( 5 ) — T: 223.5
    10:00 PM EST : Portland ( 5.5 ) at LA Lakers ( -5.5 ) — T: 222
    10:00 PM EST : Charlotte ( 6.5 ) at Golden State ( -6.5 ) — T: 231.5

DRAFTKINGS RG FORUM LEAGUE

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterday’s games will be moved to yesterday’s NBA thread. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

• Tweety888

https://twitter.com/fastbreakbreak/status/1365155215528312833?s=21

If OT would have helped anyone in the Den/Wash game

• Yukerboy

• Blogger of the Month

@monarch said...

Yuker. They will not put Lamelo Ball on Wardell Curry at least as a primary defensive assignment.

Rozier will be primary as he doesn’t have the size to cover Wiggins, but they will switch off at times with backcourt screens.

• monarch

@Yukerboy said...

Rozier will be primary as he doesn’t have the size to cover Wiggins, but they will switch off at times with backcourt screens.

Or they will play a box and one with Miles Bridges on Curry. Charlotte is not particularly well equipped to defend this Warriors team. I think they may just hang on for dear life and attempt to outscore them with pace and effort.

• Tribefan18

Bazely has burned me 3x in a row but I like him a lot tonight vs the hawks.

• thegunnard

Is Detroit C Isaiah Stewart not available on FD?

• Yukerboy

• Blogger of the Month

@monarch said...

Or they will play a box and one with Miles Bridges on Curry. Charlotte is not particularly well equipped to defend this Warriors team. I think they may just hang on for dear life and attempt to outscore them with pace and effort.

If so, Zeller is looking at another sub 25 minute game if he plays.
    Now that I’m looking at it, Biyombo has a total of 2 less minutes than Zeller their last five games and is minimum price on FD.
    However, Wiseman and Looney combined for 36 minutes in their last game and I see that continuing.
    Both teams will be itching to go small and up tempo.

• Yukerboy

• Blogger of the Month

@thegunnard said...

Is Detroit C Isaiah Stewart not available on FD?

Check under PF.
    He’s $4,600.
    Just be careful. If Whiteside doesn’t play, that means Stewart is back to his 14 minute role. And even if Whiteside plays, there’s a chance God Whiteside doesn’t get 10 minutes anyway.
    Last game against New Orleans, Detroit had 3 guys to fill the 96 minutes for the 4 and 5 position. With Grant back and Haliburton eating into Bagley/Whiteside minutes, Detroit won’t have to worry about that this game.

• maddysdaddy0914

Is it a Boucher game? I think so

• thegunnard

• Yukerboy

• Blogger of the Month

@maddysdaddy0914 said...

Is it a Boucher game? I think so

Boucher’s minutes have been trending down (just over 20 his last 5g) and I don’t understand why. Bembry has more minutes than Boucher in the last 5 games for crying out loud. And after having a usage of over 20 in 16 of the first 25 games, he’s now gone 8 straight games of sub 20% usage.

If he has a good game, it’s coming out of nowhere and his price still is too jacked up on FD.
    Now, with that all said, his ownership will be at a season low and he’s still capable of a random 40 burger and he presents massive matchup problems for Houston.
    Sadly, Nick Nurse is atrocious and won’t take advantage of that, instead running smaller as the game goes on to “match up” rather than take advantage of the mismatches that would obviously be in his favor. Baynes may see a season low in minutes and may even be a DNP-CD because Nurse is that much of a moron while guys like McCaw and Yuta get increased playing time because Nurse fears Sterling Brown, Eric Gordon and David Nwaba.

If Toronto had a coach, Boucher sees 30, Baynes sees 25, and Yuta/McCaw/Benbry pick up the pieces of our 20 point fourth quarter lead.

• DefinitelyMiami

@Brendan239 said...

I’m in line on Top Shot!!! Gonna pull AD

What does this have to do with NBA DFS?

1st glance — Another Curry/Dray blowup spot vs swiss-cheese CHA ‘D’.. Ball/Hayward on the other side. Wow. Loving this slate. Of course DSJ and Lee again vs SAC. Some Jax.. Fox/Hali. Lotta good plays today.

• maddysdaddy0914

@Yukerboy said...

Boucher’s minutes have been trending down (just over 20 his last 5g) and I don’t understand why. Bembry has more minutes than Boucher in the last 5 games for crying out loud. And after having a usage of over 20 in 16 of the first 25 games, he’s now gone 8 straight games of sub 20% usage.

If he has a good game, it’s coming out of nowhere and his price still is too jacked up on FD.
    Now, with that all said, his ownership will be at a season low and he’s still capable of a random 40 burger and he presents massive matchup problems for Houston.
    Sadly, Nick Nurse is atrocious and won’t take advantage of that, instead running smaller as the game goes on to “match up” rather than take advantage of the mismatches that would obviously be in his favor. Barnes may see a season low in minutes and may even be a DNP-CD because Nurse is that much of a moron while guys like McCaw and Yuta get increased playing time because Nurse fears Sterling Brown, Eric Gordon and David Nwaba.

If Toronto had a coach, Boucher sees 30, Barnes sees 25, and Yuta/McCaw/Benbry pick up the pieces of our 20 point fourth quarter lead.

You lost me at “if Toronto had a coach”

• Wsdm61987

@emnj69 said...

will boston big 3 show any kind of heart tonight at home ? it is a surprise how much of a train wreck they are becoming in Boston-I cant believe missing Smart is what is destroying that team. I actually like TT tonight at a cheap price too

It’s Brad Stevens and his rotations. He should be utilizin’ RW way more than he does. RW at a max/min of 21/10ish minutes a game is a complete travesty. He’s way too good to on the bench a majority of any game.

• Macb44

What are your guys strategies for lineups and contests? I’m kinda new to this so I’m not exactly sure. I usually enter about 15$ of contests a night, with like 2-4 lineups. Should I be doing that differently? And what kind of contests should I be entering? Sorry for all the questions just trying to learn lol.

• Yukerboy

• Blogger of the Month

@maddysdaddy0914 said...

I can’t believe you think Boucher is a sub 23 minute player.
    I can’t believe you think Bembry should get more minutes than Boucher.
    I can’t believe you think Yuta/McCaw should see more minutes than Baynes.

Nurse won less games than Casey with the same team – Demar Derozan and + Kawhi Leonard. He won a championship with a fully stacked deck with 11 players who start right now and he has a losing record with the third best starting five in the East along with the best 6th man in the East not named Tyler Herro or Thaddeus Young. He’s half a game from being in 10th place in the East. This is not the tenth best team in the East.

Edit: No disrespect to TJ Mac or Derrick Rose. I would take Boucher over either though. Maybe not in DFS, but definitely on an NBA roster.

• newzreview

@Brendan239 said...

I’m in line on Top Shot!!! Gonna pull AD

Did you get a pack? I got in line at 138K for only 11K packs.

• thegunnard

@maddysdaddy0914 said...

• Brendan239

@newzreview said...

Did you get a pack? I got in line at 138K for only 11K packs.

I’m in line at 150,000

• frugal

@Yukerboy said...

Saban Lee and Dennis Smith should floor time together, but they still only get 48 minutes between them because NBA coaching remains atrocious.

Because DSJ was mentioned, I’m going to post my typical take on him with the disclaimer that it’s based solely on watching him with the Mavs (though I don’t think anything’s changed). DSJ is absolutely horrible off ball. Literally stand in the corner and do nothing horrible. For DSJ to succeed in DFS (and in actual ball), he absolutely has to have the ball in his hands and be the one executing the offense. With Grant in and DSJ priced up, I don’t have much interest there maybe he’ll prove me wrong, but I think tonight we see a reversion to the last few games with Lee playing most the PG minutes. Why? Because knows how to play off ball next to Grant. The “atrocious” coaching here IMHO isn’t playing Lee and DSJ together, it’s that Lee should be starting and DSJ off the bench where he can run the 2nd unit with all the usage he needs to succeed.

• Yukerboy

• Blogger of the Month

@frugal said...

Because DSJ was mentioned, I’m going to post my typical take on him with the disclaimer that it’s based solely on watching him with the Mavs (though I don’t think anything’s changed). DSJ is absolutely horrible off ball. Literally stand in the corner and do nothing horrible. For DSJ to succeed in DFS (and in actual ball), he absolutely has to have the ball in his hands and be the one executing the offense. With Grant in and DSJ priced up, I don’t have much interest there maybe he’ll prove me wrong, but I think tonight we see a reversion to the last few games with Lee playing most the PG minutes. Why? Because knows how to play off ball next to Grant. The “atrocious” coaching here IMHO isn’t playing Lee and DSJ together, it’s that Lee should be starting and DSJ off the bench where he can run the 2nd unit with all the usage he needs to succeed.

Nothing wrong with DSJ running point and Saban at the two. In no universe should Saban be on the bench solely as a backup for DSJ or vice versa. Let them both eat into Ellington/Svi’s 40 minutes and Stewart/Sekou’s 25 minutes. But that’s just me bitching about typical NBA coaching.

The fact is, DSJ/Lee won’t see more than 48 minutes and that’s a travesty. It also makes both useless to me in DFS except for a few one offs where I pray and hope.

But if there was ever a game to run both, Sacramento would be it.

• Brendan239

I hate using Draymond Green but it IS Charlotte and I want to run Rozier/Monk back w a Warrior. On Stewart, I have him on FD w Jackson. Hopefully Bey is out.

• frugal

@Yukerboy said...

Nothing wrong with DSJ running point and Saban at the two. In no universe should Saban be on the bench solely as a backup for DSJ or vice versa. Let them both eat into Ellington/Svi’s 40 minutes and Stewart/Sekou’s 25 minutes. But that’s just me bitching about typical NBA coaching.

The fact is, DSJ/Lee won’t see more than 48 minutes and that’s a travesty. It also makes both useless to me in DFS except for a few one offs where I pray and hope.

But if there was ever a game to run both, Sacramento would be it.

You’re reading me wrong. Lee starting because he can function off ball next to Grant and DSJ off the bench with Lee at the 2 because he can play off ball next to DSJ. Grant is the primary facilitator on the team. So The fewer minutes DSJ and Grant share the floor the better. DSJ is not a good basketball player and no good coach is going to run him out there for 30 minutes regularly and expect positive results unless they have no choice. Lee is green as hell, the more minutes he runs the better chance at him becoming a better player. I’d agree Lee/DSJ could/should see 48+ but more like Lee seeing all the minutes he can take and DSJ seeing 18 or less unless he comes in and gets hot.

• Yukerboy

• Blogger of the Month

@Macb44 said...

What are your guys strategies for lineups and contests? I’m kinda new to this so I’m not exactly sure. I usually enter about 15$ of contests a night, with like 2-4 lineups. Should I be doing that differently? And what kind of contests should I be entering? Sorry for all the questions just trying to learn lol.

Everyone is different and has their own strengths and weaknesses. For one, I suck at cash, but do well at MME GPPs.
    I would suggest taking $5 and enter 100 Nickle lineups, take $5 and put them in cash contests, and run your normal 2-4 lineups with your other five. Do this for about a week and track them separately to give yourself an idea on the type of player you are.

• bdf

Ayton vs the Bulls.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).