7:30 PM EST : Golden State ( -9 ) at Miami ( 9 ) —- T: 223.5
    8:00 PM EST : Portland ( 2.5 ) at Boston ( -2.5 ) —- T: 225
    8:00 PM EST : Chicago ( 3 ) at Memphis ( -3 ) —- T: 213
    8:30 PM EST : Detroit ( 4.5 ) at San Antonio ( -4.5 ) —- T: 219
    8:30 PM EST : Indiana ( -1.5 ) at Dallas ( 1.5 ) —- T: 215.5
    9:00 PM EST : LA Clippers ( 9.5 ) at Utah ( -9.5 ) —- T: 227
    10:00 PM EST : Milwaukee ( 0 ) at Sacramento ( 0 ) —- T: —
    10:30 PM EST : New Orleans ( 5.5 ) at LA Lakers ( -5.5 ) —- T: 238.5

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NBA thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• smokeyca14

@frugal said...

I’m leaning towards splitting the difference with 1 scrub and balanced out the rest of the way. So many mid tier players in really good spots tonight, specifically C’s.

Sounds good, but i normally run 2 scrubs.

Powell and Looney popping so far.

• casper

@miggs6876 said...

I really don’t like the value tonight

you always want value you can’t win without it

• frugal

@smokeyca14 said...

Sounds good, but i normally run 2 scrubs.

Powell and Looney popping so far.

Man, I had Powell last game and am tempted tonight. The matchup looks horrible as Turner is very good defending the post, but 2 20 point games in a row is looking tasty. I was wondering if the Doncic/Powell P&R was going to start connecting and it has in a huge way.

• mtdurham

@monarch said...

Hate playing H Barnes but he pops every now and then.

Let me game theory for a second. The best way to attack the Bucks is to attack Giannis which will in turn limit his weakside blocks/steals/rebounds which mitigates their transition. They may want Barnes to be super aggressive.

Or he could be on the bench with foul trouble 30 seconds in. No in between.

Here’s a story about Harrison Barnes. Harrison Barnes used to be coached by the worst NBA coach in the league not named Jason Kidd.

And that coach had Harrison Barnes playing as the lead playmaker on the 2nd unit.

Then the Warriors fired the worst coach in the league not named Jason Kidd.

And Steve Kerr came in and showed Harrisson Barnes a piece of paper that showed he was basically the least effective on the ball player inthe league and he really needed to go stand in the corner and get out of the way if he ever wanted to get a big contract.

And then Dallas gave him a big contract and gave him the ball again. And then Dallas drafted in the lottery for two years.

If the game plan starts with giving Harrison Barnes the ball and getting out of the way instead of giving anyone else the ball and getting Harrison Barnes out of the way. It’s the wrong gameplan.

• Ronboogie6

What do you guys think about derozan at home after that rough road trip? Should be very low owned. Could see him getting 50.

• Jonas137

Panda, is this an Iggy 25-30 minute off the bench kind of night?

• Packapunch

@Ronboogie6 said...

What do you guys think about derozan at home after that rough road trip? Should be very low owned. Could see him getting 50.

Smartest thing I heard all day.

• frugal

@mtdurham said...

Here’s a story about Harrison Barnes. Harrison Barnes used to be coached by the worst NBA coach in the league not named Jason Kidd.

And that coach had Harrison Barnes playing as the lead playmaker on the 2nd unit.

Then the Warriors fired the worst coach in the league not named Jason Kidd.

And Steve Kerr came in and showed Harrisson Barnes a piece of paper that showed he was basically the least effective on the ball player inthe league and he really needed to go stand in the corner and get out of the way if he ever wanted to get a big contract.

And then Dallas gave him a big contract and gave him the ball again. And then Dallas drafted in the lottery for two years.

If the game plan starts with giving Harrison Barnes the ball and getting out of the way instead of giving anyone else the ball and getting Harrison Barnes out of the way. It’s the wrong gameplan.

You are correct on Barnes. But is that Sacremento’s gameplan? Seems like he is the 3rd or 4th option there which is about right. He can hit the 3, occasionally score in ISO, but if asking anything more you are expecting too much and will likely lose some games.

• monarch

What I’m saying Durham if Barnes is shooting and Giannis is defending Barnes then Giannis is not getting out into transition. That is a reasonable strategy.

Also he went 22 DK points last game without making a shot. What if he made eight?

• casper

J Crowder vrs clippers 35-40 ftps

• Pandamonious

• Ranked #55

RG Tiered Ranking

• 2020 Blogger of the Month

@Jonas137 said...

Panda, is this an Iggy 25-30 minute off the bench kind of night?

Possibly. With Cousins out it’d make sense he could end up with more burn. I’m not interested in using him though.

• Pandamonious

• Ranked #55

RG Tiered Ranking

• 2020 Blogger of the Month

@casper said...

J Crowder vrs clippers 35-40 ftps

YESSIR!

• BBWC_10

@gunshow2425 said...

We at least have the Yankees and good food. Almost baseball season! The easiest DFS season of all.

We also have awful weather 6 months a year, high taxes. The worst Governor and now the biggest crackpot in congress.

• mtdurham

@monarch said...

What I’m saying Durham if Barnes is shooting and Giannis is defending Barnes then Giannis is not getting out into transition. That is a reasonable strategy.

Also he went 22 DK points last game without making a shot. What if he made eight?

oh i should have noted at the end that i don’t think Barnes is a bad play…. Milwaukee gives up a lot of threes…. if Barnes is doing his best little jack horner sat in the corner eating his curds and Treys he could def get 40 FPS

but if their plan is to take the ball out of fox/bogey’s hands to give it to harrison barnes thats horrendous and will not work at all… especially not against a relatively elite defensive team….

So in summary i think the Barnes play has merit, but not as a primary or secondary playmaker… and i did not do a very good job summarizing that in my initial post i apologize….

i was too busy getting subtle jabs in at the worst NBA coach not named Jason Kidd….

Who is the only coach to hold Michael Jordan below 20 ppg? Dean Smith.

Who is the only coach to hold Steph Curry below 30 ppg? Mark Jackson.

• monarch

SAC #1 in the league in transition. The Bucks allow the least transition points so while the pace is still good for the Kings they will have to grind it out on half court more than usual and Fox is dealing with Bledsoe.

• Kmasonbx

@mtdurham said...

I mean the guy takes TWO threes a game… so he’s only taking the absolute best looks… he shoots 25% from 3’s from the corner… most centers can shoot 25% from the corner with one eye closed…..

He’s got an offensive rating that hovers below 100 virtually every year the last ~5 years which is basically the Mendoza line for an NBA PG…. his defensive rating is ~110 which is trash…. his OBPM is massively negative, his vorp his negative…. his on/off splits are massively negative….

his RAPM will be horrific this year no doubt…. the dude stinks…. he is a better shooter than when he was the worst shooter inthe league that is true…. but heck even JR smith makes the occasional shot and there is no denying he sucks

When we’re even having to talk about Rajon Rondo’s “improved perimeter shooting” you know he is truly washed up and has nothing else left to talk about

Oh I don’t think Rondo helps you win, I said that in here, was just pointing out that if he’s wide open he can hit shots now. Early in his career he was a guy who would run himself off the line, ala Ben Simmons.

• BBWC_10

@Ronboogie6 said...

I like DDR tonight. I think if SA is going to squeak into the playoffs they have to make a run now. The Spurs have been trying to force the ball into LMA against all these weak front courts lately and they have been losing bad. Tonight they have to deal with Drum inside so DDR may have to take matters into his hands and put up 22-28 shots tonight.

• Kmasonbx

@mtdurham said...

i can not possibly disagree with you more about Trae Young…. guy looks like a megaflop to me

You have to remember the guy should be a sophomore in college. Point guard is the position with the highest learning curve, and over the last couple of months he’s been a lot more efficient and Atlanta has been a much better team because of it.

• jess701

@BBWC_10 said...

We also have awful weather 6 months a year, high taxes. The worst Governor and now the biggest crackpot in congress.

At least your Owner of your foorball team isnt sleeping with prostitutes!

• mbunner23

No way I’m playing Dirk. It hurts my eyes just watching him run up the court.

• gunshow2425

@BBWC_10 said...

You’re right on the weather! I would be down south somewhere if it wasn’t for my wife’s health insurance coverage for the kids.

• mtdurham

It seems like this is one of those nights where Eric Bledsoe drops 50 just to put me on Super Monkey Tilt… it happens all the time… like you play Sabonis three nights in a row with Turner out and he does mediocre…then Turner comes back and you take Sabonis out of hte pool and he gets 55 FPS…. that happens all the time…

• feekdogg

@Kmasonbx said...

You have to remember the guy should be a sophomore in college. Point guard is the position with the highest learning curve, and over the last couple of months he’s been a lot more efficient and Atlanta has been a much better team because of it.

I’d be more interested in him if Teague plays. If it’s Tyus guarding him most of the game, that guy can be quite the pain in the ass. Fox put up 23 points on Tyus on Monday and he had to shoot 24 times to do it.

• mtdurham

@BBWC_10 said...

I like DDR tonight. I think if SA is going to squeak into the playoffs they have to make a run now. The Spurs have been trying to force the ball into LMA against all these weak front courts lately and they have been losing bad. Tonight they have to deal with Drum inside so DDR may have to take matters into his hands and put up 22-28 shots tonight.

I made up a theory in my head that Detroit would have trouble against wings with Bullock/”(player-popup #stanley-johnson)Stanley Johnson”:/players/stanley-johnson-18913 traded away… i remember it happened like the first night so i was anecdotally proven correct….

has that theory withstood the test of time?

Everytime i try to watch Detroit play i end up banging my head against the wall until i pass out just to make it stop

• Kp24

Anyone have a mins projection on Cheick Diallo?

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).