Comments

• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

7:00 PM EST : New York ( 8 ) at Philadelphia ( -8 ) —- T: 211.5
    8:00 PM EST : Portland ( 9.5 ) at Indiana ( -9.5 ) —- T: 218.5
    8:00 PM EST : Sacramento ( 7 ) at Okla City ( -7 ) —- T: 224
    10:30 PM EST : LA Lakers ( -13 ) at Golden State ( 13 ) —- T: 225.5

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterday’s games will be moved to yesterday’s NBA thread. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

• captainwacky

@ripking said...

I might be crazy but something tells me Shake shake your booty gets more fantasy points than J-rich.

I don’t think that’s a crazy notion at all.

• theIrrigator

@chronoxiong said...

Brogdon was also out for that game too. Darn it. Thanks for the reminder. You still going with AD/Sabonis and not AD+ value PF?

Not sure yet for my main lineup. I think it really depends on what I do at C. If I play Howard or Chriss and not Whiteside then I probably go AD/Sabonis. If i pay up to Whiteside I’ll probably go AD/Giles

• dcsports21

Just play J Rich, Harris and Horford and then sprinkle in IND, Rondo and make some $$

• moosedrool

@tmarohl said...

Clearwater Beach

lol, right down the street from you. Thanks for bringing us the cold weather.

• theIrrigator

Said earlier I wasnt gonna play Wiggins but I’m gonna have some

• DC2380

sabonis ownership high?

• captainwacky

@DC2380 said...

sabonis ownership high?

I can’t see it being low, given the matchup and there not being a ton of studs.

• tmarohl

@moosedrool said...

lol, right down the street from you. Thanks for bringing us the cold weather.

It sucked before I got here :)

• Pandamonious

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #94

RG Tiered Ranking

• 2020 Blogger of the Month

@DC2380 said...

sabonis ownership high?

On DK he won’t be low owned, but with AD/Horford/Harris there he’ll be behind them I would imagine.

• DC2380

can anyone stomach playing wiggins??? lol

• theIrrigator

@DC2380 said...

sabonis ownership high?

20-30% right now

• superjon

@tmarohl said...

Clearwater Beach

Love it there. About 2 hours from me

• RipCityRings

I think it’s pretty clear that the majority of the field is going to be preoccupied with jamming in as many Lakers and Sixers as possible tonight and probably overlook SAC/OKC.

This slate gives me a similar feeling that last night’s did; dubious value. I’m not touching Horford here as every plus attribute of his game has been neutralized by injury this year. I think a lot of people have been quick to blame the fit with Philly’s system, but I genuinely believe he’s been playing hurt and no amount of extra usage is going to fix that.

I’m also liking Tobias less the more I look at it. 7.5K with no Simmons and Embiid is an easy 50 spot on paper, but I don’t know that he’s the real beneficiary of those guys being out. He rarely plays like an alpha scorer, which is what I think you want from the highest priced piece on a team. If he ends in the low 40s that’s going to hold back a lot of lineups.

I think J-Rich and Burks are much more likely to get on a heater and chuck their way to 10x here. I’ll also take Sabonis over AD here. I don’t see a lot of upside to any Laker priced over 4K other than Davis, and he seems like the most obvious fade that could give you the jump on the field if he doesn’t go for 70+.

• tmarohl

@superjon said...

Love it there. About 2 hours from me

Where are you at – Fort Myers?

• Ace15

Anyone an Arsenal fan? Kind of want to go cry in a dark room right now.

• megatronswanson

What do we think KOQ’s mins look like tonight? Also, any idea what his ownership will be? My biggest NBA win ever came from a low owned 3k O’Quin dropping 15x at relatively low ownership. Really tempted to punch that card again.

• frugal

@RipCityRings said...

I think it’s pretty clear that the majority of the field is going to be preoccupied with jamming in as many Lakers and Sixers as possible tonight and probably overlook SAC/OKC.

This slate gives me a similar feeling that last night’s did; dubious value. I’m not touching Horford here as every plus attribute of his game has been neutralized by injury this year. I think a lot of people have been quick to blame the fit with Philly’s system, but I genuinely believe he’s been playing hurt and no amount of extra usage is going to fix that.

I’m also liking Tobias less the more I look at it. 7.5K with no Simmons and Embiid is an easy 50 spot on paper, but I don’t know that he’s the real beneficiary of those guys being out. He rarely plays like an alpha scorer, which is what I think you want from the highest priced piece on a team. If he ends in the low 40s that’s going to hold back a lot of lineups.

I think J-Rich and Burks are much more likely to get on a heater and chuck their way to 10x here. I’ll also take Sabonis over AD here. I don’t see a lot of upside to any Laker priced over 4K other than Davis, and he seems like the most obvious fade that could give you the jump on the field if he doesn’t go for 70+.

Burks feels like a stretch to me. I mean, unless you think they were saving him for some reason last night without Simmons and pretty much without Ebiid he saw 17 minutes. Korkmaz might be a path to lower owned exposure who has a more secure spot in the rotation but I think he may actually start tonight. Robinson/Burks just don’t seem to be a significant part of the rotation.

• telestraightshooter

@sochoice said...

Thirsty Thursday, the coronavirus and Mr. Glass in today’s NBA blog.

https://rotogrinders.com/blog-posts/nba-today-february-27-3314079

Nice PSA there: This coronavirus is about to spiral out of control

Teh chili has already hit the fan in China, but there is a strong corollary between one’s survival rate and:

• one’s access to modern medicine (flu only kills 1 in 1,000 flu hospitalizations in USA)
    • one’s government not detaining healthcare professionals fighting this SARS-2-with-a-corona
    • not having a chronic medical condition
    • being born after 1950

It would be a cheap shot @ Bloomberg to suggest he said healthcare access should be scaled back for old geazers who are going to die anyway,….
    … so I won’t…. take… that… cheapshot, ‘cause that’s not quite accurate.

• theIrrigator

@megatronswanson said...

What do we think KOQ’s mins look like tonight? Also, any idea what his ownership will be? My biggest NBA win ever came from a low owned 3k O’Quin dropping 15x at relatively low ownership. Really tempted to punch that card again.

10 mins most likely but anything can happen. Should be pretty low owned

• theIrrigator

@frugal said...

Burks feels like a stretch to me. I mean, unless you think they were saving him for some reason last night without Simmons and pretty much without Ebiid he saw 17 minutes. Korkmaz might be a path to lower owned exposure who has a more secure spot in the rotation but I think he may actually start tonight. Robinson/Burks just don’t seem to be a significant part of the rotation.

I think Burks plays like 22-24 mins with a 30% usage rate

• RipCityRings

@megatronswanson said...

I don’t think they can afford not to play him tonight. Even if Pelle is in he’s not really much of an offensive presence, and they’re going to need all the scoring they can get here. Randle will also probably abuse Horford if they try to play him at the 5, so I’d imagine 15-20 minutes are there either way.

• Pandamonious

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #94

RG Tiered Ranking

• 2020 Blogger of the Month

@megatronswanson said...

Very, very serious chance it’s zero. I posted earlier Pelle is with the team and was sick yesterday and wasn’t available, which is why O’Quinn got minutes. He’s supposed to be available tonight. Pelle has been the guy ahead of O’Quinn the last few months. If we don’t get anything distinctive either way, and we probably won’t, it’s dicey to play either.

• captainwacky

@frugal said...

Burks feels like a stretch to me. I mean, unless you think they were saving him for some reason last night without Simmons and pretty much without Ebiid he say 17 minutes. Korkmaz might be a path to lower owned exposure who has a more secure spot in the rotation but I think he may actually start tonight. Robinson/Burks just don’t seem to be a significant part of the rotation.

Welllllll one thing that’s worth noting is that Philly is pretty cautious with their minutes allocation, and their main guys played 32-36 minutes. Especially with Horford being banged up all year, Harris being questionable a couple days ago, and the fact that it’s the knicks, we might see a different distribution tonight.

• theIrrigator

Also Laker line has dropped 3.5 points to -10

• RipCityRings

@theIrrigator said...

I think Burks plays like 22-24 mins with a 30% usage rate

Yeah, they’re going to need guys who can create their own shot. Aside from Tobias that’s Rich, Shake, Burks and O’Quinn. Korkmaz is not going to give them anything other than spacing.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-Gambler (NJ/WV/PA), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO) or 1-800-BETS OFF (IA). 21+. NJ/PA/WV/IN/IA/CO/IL only.