Comments

• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

7:00 PM EST : New York ( 8 ) at Philadelphia ( -8 ) —- T: 211.5
    8:00 PM EST : Portland ( 9.5 ) at Indiana ( -9.5 ) —- T: 218.5
    8:00 PM EST : Sacramento ( 7 ) at Okla City ( -7 ) —- T: 224
    10:30 PM EST : LA Lakers ( -13 ) at Golden State ( 13 ) —- T: 225.5

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterday’s games will be moved to yesterday’s NBA thread. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

• telestraightshooter

@DC2380 said...

can anyone stomach playing wiggins??? lol

yes
    Dray is gonna play and that greatly improves the play of the first player selected in the 2014 NBA draft

• frugal

@theIrrigator said...

I think Burks plays like 22-24 mins with a 30% usage rate

Why are you giving him 22-24 though? Milton has jumped over him in the rotation. Embiid shouldn’t affect his minutes. Korkmaz is more likely to see 30 before Burks seeing 24.

• mbunner23

I feel like I have the perfect lineup if Fox sits. I have Bogy

• telestraightshooter

@theIrrigator said...

Also Laker line has dropped 3.5 points to -10

Rught Ro!

wait, that happend on the overnight…..

• frugal

@captainwacky said...

Welllllll one thing that’s worth noting is that Philly is pretty cautious with their minutes allocation, and their main guys played 32-36 minutes. Especially with Horford being banged up all year, Harris being questionable a couple days ago, and the fact that it’s the knicks, we might see a different distribution tonight.

Unless PHI is essentially throwing the game, I’d expect their starting rotation and minutes allocation to be about the same.

• megatronswanson

Thanks for the varied takes on KOQ. Still not sure where I lean heaviest, but I’m going to have at least one share.

• captainwacky

@frugal said...

Unless PHI is essentially throwing the game, I’d expect their starting rotation and minutes allocation to be about the same.

I don’t think they’re going to throw anything; I think they are willing to utilize other resources than leaning on Al Horford on a b2b with their main 2 guys already hurt. I might be wrong, but logic would dictate they act cautiously there and not place some huge emphasis on what amounts to a nothing regular season game. Unless you think they will place crazy importance on this one game in the standings on the only maybe-existent race for the 3 seed?

• Pandamonious

RG Overall Ranking

• 2020 Blogger of the Month

@captainwacky said...

I don’t think they’re going to throw anything; I think they are willing to utilize other resources than leaning on Al Horford on a b2b with their main 2 guys already hurt. I might be wrong, but logic would dictate they act cautiously there and not place some huge emphasis on what amounts to a nothing regular season game. Unless you think they will place crazy importance on this one game in the standings on the only maybe-existent race for the 3 seed?

Well, it’s not like they can’t fall to 6th either here. Also I’d imagine they’d like to at least get home court in the first round, as they’re 5th right now. They’re also going west after this game and playing the Clippers and Lakers in there next 2, so, it might actually be kind of important. Plus, they just lost to the Cavs! You think they want to lose to the Knicks now too?

• theIrrigator

@frugal said...

Why are you giving him 22-24 though? Milton has jumped over him in the rotation. Embiid shouldn’t affect his minutes. Korkmaz is more likely to see 30 before Burks seeing 24.

Well he played 11 in the 2nd half last night and was in the closing lineup. Shake also played 37 mins. I cant see him playing 37 mins again. I guess Neto could gets some mins also

• theIrrigator

@telestraightshooter said...

Rught Ro!

wait, that happend on the overnight…..

Looked at like 10 this morning and it was -13.5. Guess the site I use didnt update until late morning

• dgballer

@Pandamonious said...

Well, it’s not like they can’t fall to 6th either here. Also I’d imagine they’d like to at least get home court in the first round, as they’re 5th right now. They’re also going west after this game and playing the Clippers and Lakers in there next 2, so, it might actually be kind of important. Plus, they just lost to the Cavs! You think they want to lose to the Knicks now too?

This

• captainwacky

@Pandamonious said...

Yeah, I’m trying to weigh all this… but I can’t see them running Horford out there more than 30 tonight for some reason. Granted, I have no factual basis, but he’s the guy that scares me most. Tobias is probably fine, and they can run Milton out there as much as they need to. Josh Rich is somewhere in the middle.

Obviously their motives are to win, and they need to beat bad teams to keep their standing, but I don’t think any team is at ‘must win today’ mode yet.

• RipCityRings

@captainwacky said...

We’re definitely on the same page here, captain. It will be interesting to see how this plays out since there are a lot of different takes in here tonight, but I think people are looking at the Philly situation too linearly.

Positions don’t matter as much as what those missing guys do best. Role players aren’t going to stop role playing because a couple high-usage studs are out. The whole game plan gets inverted and the Burks, O’Quinns and Kanters of the world that might usually be defensive/strategic liabilities become hugely important in that they can reliably put the ball in the hoop.

• nerman

My process for Centers on FD is terribly flawed. Seems like I only have a really good pick about 25% of the time. The rest of my positions have a much higher rate of success. Not sure what I’m doing wrong but I’ll share below my thought process. I usually play Single Entry on FD and 3-5 lineups in bigger tournaments. So I usually only have 1-2 Centers per night.

For tonight…

We’ve already got Embiid out and I don’t like any other Phi C’s (KOQ). On the other side we’ve got a healthy Taj starting and Portis to deal with. That leaves Robinson with anywhere from 15 – 25 minutes. I would typically automatically rule out this game.

Turner vs Whiteside is intriguing to me. Whiteside should be the highest scoring C tonight but he’s 9500. It’s hard for me to see him going 6.5 – 7x even though the matchup isn’t bad. I could see a 5 – 5.5x type performance so I’ll probably pass on him. Now Turner looks interesting because it’s a nice matchup for him and his price is only $6K. I hate the fact he just had a blow-up game though. Even though that shouldn’t sway me I do take it into account. So Turner goes on my maybe list. I’d need 39 from him to get 6.5X and 40+ is doable if he gets extra minutes playing Whiteside.

Sac and OKC have nothing for me tonight. I rode Adams against Chicago but I just don’t see it tonight. Hard to explain why. I try not to play C’s against Sac. Even though it can look really good on paper the results are never what I hope them to be. They don’t give up a ton of bleals, assists, points, really anything. So I’d expect an average game from him around 35-38 points. And that’s not good enough with his price going up to 6900. Len on the other side get’s no minutes so this game is a pass for me.

LA vs GS only has Chriss interest for me since AD is likely playing. He’s at 6100 and I’d probably like him if Draymond wasn’t playing. But with those guys along with Paschall, Looney, Bender I’m just not interested. LA is tough against C’s anyway.

So now I’ve looked at all 4 games and the most reasonable option appears to be Turner. This is for GPP upside mostly. I never get him right and can’t stand playing him. That’s probably what started this long post. I fell like I’m just playing the wrong C again. I’ve seen others say they like Adams and Robinson.

Help?!? What am I doing wrong here?

• frugal

@captainwacky said...

Even if your correct, Horford playing less shouldn’t benefit Burks but guys like Scott, Pelle, and O’Quin.

• captainwacky

@frugal said...

Even if your correct, Horford playing less shouldn’t benefit Burks but guys like Scott, Pelle, and O’Quin.

This much is true. But then I would also assume maybe they dial back Richardson, Harris, maybe even Milton a few as well, which opens some doors. Again, I have so little of this dialed in, I’m just trying to come up with options that aren’t ‘Lock in Horford, Harris, Richardson, Rondo, AD’, because otherwise this slate is pretty useless.

• BlueEdwards

Is Danny green gonna get minutes tonight?

• monarch

If KOQ doesnt start then there is a really strong chance that he doesnt even see the floor. Think of it this way…the Sixers are going to beat the Knicks regardless of personnel. They have so many avenues to beat a horrible road B2B Knicks team that is giving actual minutes to Trier and DSJ that they wont have to worry about inserting KOQ because of fear that anyone on the Knicks tears them up.

• theIrrigator

De’Aaron Fox (abdominal) ruled out Thursday. https://t.co/BiikWNXI9l

• Bodiaz36

Wow, fire up Buddy and Bog?

• telestraightshooter

@theIrrigator said...

De’Aaron Fox (abdominal) ruled out Thursday. https://t.co/BiikWNXI9l

Buddy !
    Baze !
    Cory.J….?

• Sleazygreazy

RG Overall Ranking

@nerman said...

Help?!? What am I doing wrong here?

TL;DR

Play Whiteside

• RipCityRings

If CoJo guards CP3 I think that’s a huge boost for SGA. On the SAC side, other than Bogdanovic what kind of impact does Fox out have? I guess Walton has to give Hield minutes and he should chuck a fair amount, though the matchup leaves a lot to be desired.

• Unico10

RG Overall Ranking

It’s truly impossible and frustrating…. spent quite a bit of time experimenting a different way to build lineups (playing just 15… volume isn’t the issue)…. building in small batches with different parameters to test a couple of theories… and now Fox out and the “re-builder” can only run them all at once

• Sleazygreazy

RG Overall Ranking

Of all the chalky guys I think I like Rondo the least. Only doing three lineups and I’ll have zero Rondo

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-Gambler (NJ/WV/PA), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO) or 1-800-BETS OFF (IA). 21+. NJ/PA/WV/IN/IA/CO/IL only.