7:00 PM EST : Cleveland ( 10 ) at Philly ( -10 ) — T: 223.5
    7:00 PM EST : Minnesota ( 4.5 ) at Washington ( -4.5 ) — T: 236
    8:00 PM EST : New Orleans ( -3.5 ) at San Antonio ( 3.5 ) — T: 228.5
    8:00 PM EST : Indiana ( -1 ) at New York ( 1 ) — T: 218.5
    8:00 PM EST : Utah ( -10.5 ) at Orlando ( 10.5 ) — T: 220.5
    8;00 PM EST : Denver ( -7 ) at Oklahoma City ( 7 ) — T: 222
    8:30 PM EST : Dallas ( 4 ) at Brooklyn ( -4 ) — T: 236

DRAFTKINGS RG FORUM LEAGUE

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterday’s games will be moved to yesterday’s NBA thread. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

• fleishmo6

This will be a RWB/Towns slug fest

• Yukerboy

• Blogger of the Month

DISCLAIMER: I took last place in the RG Forum contest last night so take this with a grain of salt. A 60burger from Biyombo would have put me just outside the money. So close…

Cleveland and Philly – First thought is blowout. Second thought is Allen can actually compete with Embiid. Garland on Simmons not so much. And are they seriously going to start Dean Wade again? Cleveland is 2-0 when Wade starts, so there’s that. Also, No Tobias Harris puts Mike Scott in a tremendous spot when stretch forwards have been decimating Cleveland. Sadly, Doc Rivers is also an idiot coach enamored with his own intelligence. I expect Scott to barely crack 20 minutes as Thybulle, Milton AND Korkmaz all could get more minutes than him. If so, the question becomes who’s gonna stop Dean Wade? The answer? J.B. Bickerstaff, because almost all NBA coaches are morons. He’ll feel the need to “match up” and that sends Wade to the bench and gives Windler that many more minutes.

Minny and Wizards – Malik Beasley usage has to go somewhere. Yet, I look at McDaniels and I see 6, maybe 7 FGA. Chris Finch is a supposed offensive genius and the T-Wolves are averaging 119 ppg since he took over, but also giving up 135 ppg. Did I mention the Wizards can score?
    If McDaniels gets the start, which is never safe assuming a coach will do the expected, then KAT could put up 30 shots and Edwards put up 20. Also liking Vanderbilt and his increased minutes in this spot. His peripherals are good, even if he isn’t a scorer. If this game stays close, KAT can certainly put up an Embiid like 80 burger, but his high ownership may push me away some. If Finch goes another direction (Culver/Nowell) that will bring down some of the shine and usage on KAT and Edwards. As for the Wizards, ALL THE BEAL! ALL THE WESTY! And my God, let Bertans play. Please! That Minny bench is the absolute worst in the league. Washington could be tipping the O/U by themselves with a 140 point outburst here. 235? Please, I’m all over that.

New Orleans and San Antonio – That spread is because Vegas respects Pop too much. New Orleans clobbers San Antonio. I’m interested in seeing if LaMarcus starts alongside Poetl to face Zion/Adams. I think he has to, but Pop can get goofy in his old age. If Aldridge is out, then Zion is certainly worth the price tag, but again may be overowned. I love Ball defensively and he’s the only Pelican I love defensively. This strikes Dejounte, but then, I can’t roster any Spurs unless both Derozan and Aldridge are out. The only Pelican I have any interest in is Zion as I think they are overpriced at this point with a blowout looming.

Indiana and NYK – Indiana is coming off the back to back where Sabonis/Turner played 37 minutes each. I really like Brogdon if Rose gets the start and I would also like Rose. I think Quickley seeing TJ Mac will hurt some, but Burks just showed he could turn it on. I think Randle is overpriced for this pace and there’s just going to be better options at PF and Noel’s price has surpassed his value. I will have Rose/Burks/Brogdon and little else from this game.

Utah and Orlando – The ONLY player I have any interest in other than the one offs with Vuc and most of the Jazz starters is Aminu. The secret here is that the minutes are going to be there. He would have hit 28 or so if Orlando wasn’t in a blowout last game. At his price, I’ll have a ton of Aminu, even though the matchup is not the best. My hope is that few others realize how many minutes he’s going to get. Obviously, a blowout here is scary, but that just hides Aminu again for the even more tasty matchup against Dallas on Monday.

Denver and OKCOKC coming off a back to back and everyone will be on chalk MPJ again. My hope is that SGA was so disappointing last night that people will avoid him, but I don’t think that will happen and recency bias could jack up Dort’s ownership. With the amount of KAT I’m looking at having, I won’t have too much Jokic and I expect him to be overowned compared to what he can bring you. The only Nuggets I’ll have any interest in are Camp and Morris and Morris may end up being too chalky for me.

Dallas and Brooklyn – Mismatches galore! Who guards Porzingis? Who guards Kleber? Who guards Donc? I think JRich can actually do decent against Kyrie and you gotta figure Donc will see a lot of Harden. The Brooklyn bench has become a complete joke though and I can see THJ in early if Kleber isn’t playing the post like he should be either by design or by desire. I’ll be heavier than most on THJ, Donc, Kleber, and Porzingis and probably underweight on Harden with some Kyrie. I won’t be touching any of the frontcourt for the Nets and the nice part is knowing there won’t be a Boban sighting no matter what Porzingis’ status is….unless Green is out too and DJ gets the start. Boban was a desperate act by a desperate coach who knew he had no answer for Embiid. Boban COULD be an answer for DJ and if that happens, I’ll be getting some shares for sure. If Porzingis is out and Green starts, RC could go with any of 6 different players to start for Porzingis with the undersized Jeff Green playing center. The only ones that would interest me are obviously THJ or not so obviously NeckTat.

• miggs6876

Nice breakdown Yukerboy. My immediate response was to lock in Westbrook and Westbrook and take my 100 plus points. The floor is so high and the ceiling is nice too.

• Brendan239

Wow, those top 3 PGs on FD are hard to pass up, but I’m going to go Nikilita/Nowell, but Westy will be my highest owned PG

• Tribefan18

Rubio night?

• miggs6876

@Brendan239 said...

Wow, those top 3 PGs on FD are hard to pass up, but I’m going to go Nikilita/Nowell, but Westy will be my highest owned PG

Eat the chalk Brandon. Don’t over think it. I don’t think the pivot isn’t to Nikilita or Nowell.

• miggs6876

@Tribefan18 said...

Rubio night?

Opponent is juicy but Rubio is hard to stomach. I can’t see putting him in more than 5% of your lineups.

• Brendan239

Can you play Nowell/Bates-Diop/Vanderbilt in the same LU? Minny and Dallas should put up 120 points each.

• fleishmo6

Garland is a good midrange PG on FD
    He or Sexton will go off against my sixers.

• Brendan239

Already so much value. How do you not play 4 studs….Luka/Beard/Zion/Embid, Luka/Beard/Ingram/Joker

Milton
    Nikilita
    McLaughlin
    Nowell
    Maledon
    Okoro
    DFS
    Bates-Diop
    Williams
    Okogie
    Kleber
    Aminu
    McGee
    Gibson

• Brendan239

Westy/Beard/Quickly/Zion/Towns. There’s almost 300 FD points.

• Brendan239

Embid w no Tobias. Cmon Saturday DFS you’re playing with me too early. And I haven’t even gotten home from the gym to make my wife breakfast.

• Brendan239

So PGs have been deeeesteoging OKC. And the one playing them is averaging like 55 the L5. Dammit

• Petergunz82

@Brendan239 said...

Embid w no Tobias. Cmon Saturday DFS you’re playing with me too early. And I haven’t even gotten home from the gym to make my wife breakfast.

If there was a way to thumbs down a comment, I would for this one.

• mbunner23

@Petergunz82 said...

If there was a way to thumbs down a comment, I would for this one.

For real.

Nice little slate we have tonight.

• Petergunz82

The mid tier on DK looks weak so jamming in some Minnesota cheapies to get a couple studs is gonna be popular.

• superjon

Love me some KP if he plays tonight

• thegunnard

@Yukerboy said...

DISCLAIMER: I took last place in the RG Forum contest last night so take this with a grain of salt. A 60burger from Biyombo would have put me just outside the money. So close…

Cleveland and Philly – First thought is blowout. Second thought is Allen can actually compete with Embiid. Garland on Simmons not so much. And are they seriously going to start Dean Wade again? Cleveland is 2-0 when Wade starts, so there’s that. Also, No Tobias Harris puts Mike Scott in a tremendous spot when stretch forwards have been decimating Cleveland. Sadly, Doc Rivers is also an idiot coach enamored with his own intelligence. I expect Scott to barely crack 20 minutes as Thybulle, Milton AND Korkmaz all could get more minutes than him. If so, the question becomes who’s gonna stop Dean Wade? The answer? J.B. Bickerstaff, because almost all NBA coaches are morons. He’ll feel the need to “match up” and that sends Wade to the bench and gives Windler that many more minutes.

Minny and Wizards – Malik Beasley usage has to go somewhere. Yet, I look at McDaniels and I see 6, maybe 7 FGA. Chris Finch is a supposed offensive genius and the T-Wolves are averaging 119 ppg since he took over, but also giving up 135 ppg. Did I mention the Wizards can score?
    If McDaniels gets the start, which is never safe assuming a coach will do the expected, then KAT could put up 30 shots and Edwards put up 20. Also liking Vanderbilt and his increased minutes in this spot. His peripherals are good, even if he isn’t a scorer. If this game stays close, KAT can certainly put up an Embiid like 80 burger, but his high ownership may push me away some. If Finch goes another direction (Culver/Nowell) that will bring down some of the shine and usage on KAT and Edwards. As for the Wizards, ALL THE BEAL! ALL THE WESTY! And my God, let Bertans play. Please! That Minny bench is the absolute worst in the league. Washington could be tipping the O/U by themselves with a 140 point outburst here. 235? Please, I’m all over that.

New Orleans and San Antonio – That spread is because Vegas respects Pop too much. New Orleans clobbers San Antonio. I’m interested in seeing if LaMarcus starts alongside Poetl to face Zion/Adams. I think he has to, but Pop can get goofy in his old age. If Aldridge is out, then Zion is certainly worth the price tag, but again may be overowned. I love Ball defensively and he’s the only Pelican I love defensively. This strikes Dejounte, but then, I can’t roster any Spurs unless both Derozan and Aldridge are out. The only Pelican I have any interest in is Zion as I think they are overpriced at this point with a blowout looming.

Indiana and NYK – Indiana is coming off the back to back where Sabonis/Turner played 37 minutes each. I really like Brogdon if Rose gets the start and I would also like Rose. I think Quickley seeing TJ Mac will hurt some, but Burks just showed he could turn it on. I think Randle is overpriced for this pace and there’s just going to be better options at PF and Noel’s price has surpassed his value. I will have Rose/Burks/Brogdon and little else from this game.

Utah and Orlando – The ONLY player I have any interest in other than the one offs with Vuc and most of the Jazz starters is Aminu. The secret here is that the minutes are going to be there. He would have hit 28 or so if Orlando wasn’t in a blowout last game. At his price, I’ll have a ton of Aminu, even though the matchup is not the best. My hope is that few others realize how many minutes he’s going to get. Obviously, a blowout here is scary, but that just hides Aminu again for the even more tasty matchup against Dallas on Monday.

Denver and OKCOKC coming off a back to back and everyone will be on chalk MPJ again. My hope is that SGA was so disappointing last night that people will avoid him, but I don’t think that will happen and recency bias could jack up Dort’s ownership. With the amount of KAT I’m looking at having, I won’t have too much Jokic and I expect him to be overowned compared to what he can bring you. The only Nuggets I’ll have any interest in are Camp and Morris and Morris may end up being too chalky for me.

Dallas and Brooklyn – Mismatches galore! Who guards Porzingis? Who guards Kleber? Who guards Donc? I think JRich can actually do decent against Kyrie and you gotta figure Donc will see a lot of Harden. The Brooklyn bench has become a complete joke though and I can see THJ in early if Kleber isn’t playing the post like he should be either by design or by desire. I’ll be heavier than most on THJ, Donc, Kleber, and Porzingis and probably underweight on Harden with some Kyrie. I won’t be touching any of the frontcourt for the Nets and the nice part is knowing there won’t be a Boban sighting no matter what Porzingis’ status is….unless Green is out too and DJ gets the start. Boban was a desperate act by a desperate coach who knew he had no answer for Embiid. Boban COULD be an answer for DJ and if that happens, I’ll be getting some shares for sure. If Porzingis is out and Green starts, RC could go with any of 6 different players to start for Porzingis with the undersized Jeff Green playing center. The only ones that would interest me are obviously THJ or not so obviously NeckTat.

A forward and a SG may have helped a little!

• dw12290

@superjon said...

Love me some KP if he plays tonight

Even if he plays I don’t see him being 100% and with the value today I think it’s wise to fade him. With that being said I really suck at basketball so maybe I’m 100% wrong.

• IT4MVP

Thoughts on priced up Allen going against Embiid??? Ride the hot hand or good fade spot??

• Brendan239

Can you go Harden/Harris? SF is soooo gross.

• Alvance83

Holy shit came in and seen I won the forum dk last night. Didn’t think I would cash in anything with roby, Boucher, and Hayward. Glad Paul,Lowry, capala picked up the slack

Mike Scott and taj Gibson look in pretty good spots on the super cheap. Thoughts?

• mbunner23

@IT4MVP said...

Thoughts on priced up Allen going against Embiid??? Ride the hot hand or good fade spot??

As long as he can stay out of foul trouble, I think he’s a solid play.

• dw12290

Can someone post the forum link for FD.

Thanks

• theIrrigator

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #28

RG Tiered Ranking

@dw12290 said...

Can someone post the forum link for FD.

Thanks

FD links are trash. I sent you an invite

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).