• Blogger of the Month

1:00 PM EST : Cleveland ( -5.5 ) at Washington ( 5.5 ) —- T: 210
    3:30 PM EST : Charlotte ( 4.5 ) at Atlanta ( -4.5 ) —- T: 201.5
    6:00 PM EST : Portland ( 4.5 ) at Indiana ( -4.5 ) —- T: 210
    6:00 PM EST : Philadelphia ( 10.5 ) at Orlando ( -10.5 ) —- T: 210.5
    6:00 PM EST : Toronto ( 0 ) at Detroit ( 0 ) —- T: —
    7:00 PM EST : Minnesota ( 7 ) at Dallas ( -7 ) —- T: 214
    7:30 PM EST : Miami ( 1.5 ) at New York ( -1.5 ) —- T: 198

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. Please make it a point to say if you’re talking about Cash or GPP options

• crowntheirasses

The high ownership on LeBron is a clear indication that there is significant edge to be had still. There was more than enough time to adjust to that news. Had I known it was free money Sunday morning, it would obviously have been time to get crazy and bet the farm.

• bulls40

@lloydjv1 said...

If you sit in front of your computer or laptop all day thats fine, but some people just dont.

Might I recommend the Rotogrinders app?

• tkerns05

Over under 25min for David Lee tonight? ZaZa will have his hands full with KAT

• migarvin99

@lloydjv1 said...

I may be inclined to agree with the first part of that statement, however you are out of line on the last part. If you sit in front of your computer or laptop all day thats fine, but some people just dont. I have a valid point, and I made it. No knock on the people that do constantly check for updates until the last minute, but I am sure there are others who were taken by surprise when the games actually started. At least on FD I can see LJ’s ownership level locked in at 33 percent, so I doubt I am alone in that sentiment.

I kind of agree with him. Why throw your money away if you can’t check a few minutes before lock to see if, i don’t know, the guys you are playing actually play!!! The guy who gave the analogy would you sitdown at a poker table and run to the bathroom while every other player gets an extra card. Why throw your money away if one of your players sits out and your lineup is shot. I feel DFS is very addicting so if you can’t check your lineup 15 minutes before lock just pass and don’t even bother playing that night….some people get the itch to play even when they can’t monitor late breaking news and it bites them in the ass….either dedicate the time to play thoroughly or don’t play that night…

• fanjuice

• 2016 FanDuel WFFC Finalist

• 2017 FanDuel WFBBC Finalist

Iman Shumpert was the early slate GPP winning player, looks like no one had him

• wolf79

@lloydjv1 said...

I may be inclined to agree with the first part of that statement, however you are out of line on the last part. If you sit in front of your computer or laptop all day thats fine, but some people just dont. I have a valid point, and I made it. No knock on the people that do constantly check for updates until the last minute, but I am sure there are others who were taken by surprise when the games actually started. At least on FD I can see LJ’s ownership level locked in at 33 percent, so I doubt I am alone in that sentiment.

Get the RG app for your phone. I’m not able to be by a computer a lot either, but the updates have saved me money over time. If you don’t mind the constant alerts it can be very helpful.

• dingdangdong

@tkerns05 said...

Over under 25min for David Lee tonight? ZaZa will have his hands full with KAT

Under

• lloydjv1

@wolf79 said...

Get the RG app for your phone. I’m not able to be by a computer a lot either, but the updates have saved me money over time. If you don’t mind the constant alerts it can be very helpful.

Thanks for the tip. That is at least one thing I usually have with me all the time.

• 2021Labs

@wolf79 said...

Im on a replacement phone right now without all my normal apps, so I had to redowonload the app. Not being at a computer or being on twitter cost me my entry fees last night, as I was one of the 10% or so that didnt get Ryan Anderson into my line up.
    We went to Scene 75, and then out to eat, and I wasnt able to monitor news. Luckily I only made a few GPP lineups and a few bucks in cash game entries, since I knew id be out all evening, but moral of that story is dont bother with NBA at a serious level of you are unable to monitor injury news in some way.
    If you lose a big entry fee because of missing out on news, its your own fault. Late scratches are a part of the deal, of you cant deal with it, dont complain when you lose money!

• flea90

deng or harris?

• traviswhite

Am I a fool for liking Monte Ellis tonight?

• TheBeefalo

Is the DK lineups page not updating scores for anyone else?

• jamesfishing

@traviswhite said...

Am I a fool for liking Monte Ellis tonight?

The guy can’t seem to hit a shot… but he’s been shooting a lot, if he can start getting it to fall he could be in for a big game.

• B_Heals152

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #7

RG Tiered Ranking

On FD does anyone know what the multiplier means next to a player’s name when viewing head to head matches? Also, any advice on how to best approach head to heads? Do you prefer setting one up? Joining? Any advice or help is appreciated.

• KeithVanHorn82

DK score updates are slow….I like Deng and Harris today…was wondering Derozan or Oladipo….I’m leaning towards Derozan

• Bellest

@B_Heals152 said...

On FD does anyone know what the multiplier means next to a player’s name when viewing head to head matches? Also, any advice on how to best approach head to heads? Do you prefer setting one up? Joining? Any advice or help is appreciated.

It’s the number of entries created for that line up

• deactivated70770

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #84

RG Tiered Ranking

f off porter. Only one I didn’t take from Wash. LMAO I suck .

• migarvin99

@KeithVanHorn82 said...

DK score updates are slow….I like Deng and Harris today…was wondering Derozan or Oladipo….I’m leaning towards Derozan

Stanley Johnson might play….and i don’t like any SG vs Caldwell-Pope…Derozan also burned me bad last game so i might be biased

• migarvin99

@slpanthers24 said...

f off porter. Only one I didn’t take from Wash. LMAO I suck .

Hit 3 straight 3’s…

• deactivated70770

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #84

RG Tiered Ranking

@migarvin99 said...

Hit 3 straight 3’s…

Yeah that’s why I made that comment.

• deactivated70770

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #84

RG Tiered Ranking

@migarvin99 said...

Hit 3 straight 3’s…

Only guy I DIDN’T take.

• traviswhite

My research says no Whiteside but my gut says go with it

• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

@crowntheirasses said...

The high ownership on LeBron is a clear indication that there is significant edge to be had still. There was more than enough time to adjust to that news. Had I known it was free money Sunday morning, it would obviously have been time to get crazy and bet the farm.

Sunday mornings there isn’t as many ‘sites’ and expert picks available, keep that in mind. The average player is more reliant on his own research than others.

That’s me speculating, but from what I’ve seen over the past few years, early slates are softer.

• TeHDruiD

@migarvin99 said...

Stanley Johnson might play….and i don’t like any SG vs Caldwell-Pope…Derozan also burned me bad last game so i might be biased

I used to be like this, until I started to realize that every day is a new day in DFS and I was getting burned twice as hard by avoiding a player who hurt me in the last game

You have to approach each slate as if it’s fresh. Use what you know, how you conceive the matchup (as you said, you don’t like SG’s vs KCP which is a sound reason not to use him) and completely forget if a player burned you recently. You’ll see your lineups improve immensely when you enter each lineup building phase with no biases

Another example of this would be to build your lineups based off of what a player did in the last 10 games. It’s so easy to convince yourself that this player is going to have another great game, but it’s that thinking that usually cripples your lineup because you’re riding a hot hand and you know at any moment that player could fall back to reality. Not to say this doesn’t work from time to time, but your best lineups will come when you approach everything with a clear head

• Mister225

its crazy how many people have LeBron! 42% in the $1 early swat

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).