7:00 PM EST : Chicago ( 6.5 ) at Toronto ( -6.5 ) — T: 236
    8:00 PM EST : Memphis ( -1 ) at Houston ( 1 ) — T:
    8:00 PM EST : Atlanta ( 6.5 ) at Miami ( -6.5 ) — T: 227.5
    8:00 PM EST : New York ( -0.5 ) at Detroit ( 0.5 ) — T: 214.5
    8;00 PM EST : Golden State ( 4 ) at LA Lakers ( -4 ) — T: 224.5
    9:00 PM EST : Phoenix ( -10 ) at Minnesota ( 10 ) — T: 226
    10:00 PM EST : Charlotte ( 2 ) at Sacramento ( -2 ) — T:

DRAFTKINGS RG FORUM LEAGUE

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterday’s games will be moved to yesterday’s NBA thread. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

• Wsdm61987

Anyone cash up 2/27? I didn’t do any lineups and didn’t get to watch any games.

• Yukerboy

• Blogger of the Month

Disclaimer: Half the reason I write this up is to help me get my thoughts together. Understand I’m thinking through each game as I walk through them and obviously things change, except for the atrocious coaching throughout the NBA.

Was@Bos – Gut check for Westbrook. Two game winning streak and win this one and you are one game back of Boston for the playoffs. Supposedly, Westy was excited to play a B2B finally and I have to think he’s gonna give it a go again today, especially after the Neto injury. Boston’s favored by 5 but Washington is one of the hottest teams in the East with the Nets being the only team with a better record over their last 10. And what’s up with Tatum? If he doesn’t recover in this spot, then I have to think there’s an issue with him after talking about COVID-19. I’m thinking Westy plays and plays well along with Beal, but they are on a B2B. I’ll pass on Tatum with the other PFs in play, but Tatum very easily could be on the winning lineup. Another weak frontcourt bench other than Time Lord opens it up for Bertans again and I’ll have more than I should…again. If Jaylen Brown is a no go, Walker has to be the man or Washington, yes, Washington will blow them off the court. If Brown is a no go, whoever Stevens plugs in is going to be a low usage guy, meaning Tatum and Kemba get even more usage and Theis actually should get a bump.

Chi@Tor – Toronto’s favored by 6 and for the life of me, I can’t figure out why. Win this and they are virtually tied with Toronto for 5th in the East. Toronto is missing one of their big three and their bench is nowhere near what Chicago brings. With Boucher in the starting lineup (Nurse is still out, right?), I’m intrigued with Thaddeus Young against who, Bembry? Yuta? Baynes? Throw in Satoransky and Valentine and the Bulls could have a big lead with 6 minutes left in the 2nd quarter for Lavine and company to blow. DFS wise, I’ll have little here, but I am absolutely infatuated with Thaddeus Young. After reading this over, if I’m the Toronto coach, I start Baynes. Not that I play Boucher less, but I want Baynes in there to make the rotations where Boucher is my first or second option rather than my fourth. But, it took some thinking through to get that to dawn on me and I don’t know how much thinking Nurse will let the coach do.

Mem@Hou – JVal. My God, JVal! Houston’s 10 game losing streak has to stop at some time, but my God, JVal! Glassier being out will make Nwaba a thing again, but my God, JVal! Let’s face it. Houston has given up on the season. I’ll have some Nwaba, a little Wall, and obviously some Gordon, but I’ll pass on any Tate. On Memphis’ side, my God, JVal! I’ll also have some Morant as he has to be due for that random 50 burger and he is priced at $7100 on FD. He won’t ever be much cheaper than that.

Atl@Mia – Trae and Herro being questionable puts a damper on things. Assuming both play, I am not finding much here to love. I think the Atlanta big three are overpriced for this game and Butler/Bam have limited ceilings here. I’m shocked that the O/U is at 227.5 and I’ll be grabbing a lot of under shares here. If Trae is out, Obviously the popular pick will be Rondo, but I’m more interested in extended run for Skylar Mays. I won’t turn my nose up at Rondo, but there’s a chance I’ll have a few lineups with both of them in there. If Herro is out, Dragic already showed what he can do with an expanded role and I think that would continue, but I would temper my expectations with him. I won’t temper my ownership of Nunn though.

NYK@Det Rose played 38, Randle played 42, hell even Noel played 41. On a B2B where they are traveling to Detroit? I’m loving the Rose resurgence and I would love for Elf to be on the shelf again with Rose returning to his old stomping grounds, but there’s no guarantee Rose doesn’t sit this one out. Tough situation for the Knicks to be in after getting to .500. Vegas has the Knicks favored only by half a point against the worst record in the East and the lowest O/U total on the slate for a reason and this is one where I’m on board with Vegas 100%. I will however go out on a limb and say this game is a blowout, but I don’t know who wins. Either way, I’ll have a good bit of Quickley and Saban Lee here and if Taj is out, I can easily go with Stewart in some lineups as I think both benches will see extended run. Matter of fact, I even took NYK to win by 11.5 or more for +420 AND Detroit to win by 11.5 for +450..

GSW@LAL – I am praying that total doesn’t go up much as the higher it goes, the higher Curry will be owned and I absolutely love Curry in this spot. I’m intrigued in Harrell vs Wiseman and see some extended run for the rookie, so I’ll have him in some of my lineups. Markieff Morris will do everything he can to get under Dray’s skin, but I think Dray is still feeling terrible about the Charlotte game and won’t get suckered in. I think I’ll end up around the field on LBJ, but I will actually be heavier than the field on Schroeder. As much as I bitch about coaching, I love the Markieff Morris move into the starting lineup and keeping Kuzma’s usage up on the bench.

Pho@Min – Finally! Here we are. Washington scored only a disappointing 128 on Minnesota. Phoenix won’t have any issues here. I won’t have more than 3 Suns in any lineup, but I will have all 5 starters heavier than the field. Remember when Towns was out and Reid did great offensively but Centers were dominating the TWolves at will? It’s a Kaminsky spot again. Especially with Ayton potential foul trouble and Saric potentially out. If Saric plays, I’ll go seven maybe even 8 deep on the Suns. As for Minnesota, AE and KAT went 16-41 from the floor last night. Minnesota sucks, but that won’t continue. They’ll jack up 20 a piece with some better results tonight…unless Finch figures out he made a mistake starting low usage Okogie and decides to go with Nowell or Culver, who both interest me even as backups. Phoenix is the heaviest favorite of the night, as they should be and I’m hoping that scares away some ownership of the Suns. Not me. Not even a little bit. I’m all in. That 226 O/U is cray cray. Minnesota would have to be sub 100 as Phoenix is heading for 130. I’ll be taking the over easily.

Cha@Sac – It’s a catfight over who the worst coach in the NBA is. I can literally see Borrega screaming at Luke Walton “Oh yeah?! I’ll start one of the Martin boys, so there!” Anyway, Holmes could draw Washington which makes me back away from him some, but if Martin is on Bagley, I’ll take all the Bagley and then some. Fox is still slightly underpriced, and I think Gordon Hayward can actually hold off Barnes, so I think the offense flows through Fox and Bagley. As for Hield and Rozier, I see both of them being overpriced for what they could give you. I’m praying the total for this game rises to around 230 like most Sacramento games so the ownership is jacked up and gives me leverage elsewhere.

See ya in 8 hours!

• miggs6876

Great stuff Yukerboy. Keep it coming. I like it.

• Kanner88

Good stuff yukerboy, love the insight you bring to all games , thank you and good luck later on !

• noddy

Finished 16th in the big $100K (night) contest last night. Only 19 points out of first place and no one in front of me had Harden. I did. Oh what could have been. Couldn’t believe when they took him out with almost 8 minutes left. Seems to me he’s usually in there no matter what the score is. So close, but yet so far. Never been this close before to anything big.

• mnstone14

@Yukerboy said...

Disclaimer: Half the reason I write this up is to help me get my thoughts together. Understand I’m thinking through each game as I walk through them and obviously things change, except for the atrocious coaching throughout the NBA.

Was@Bos – Gut check for Westbrook. Two game winning streak and win this one and you are one game back of Boston for the playoffs. Supposedly, Westy was excited to play a B2B finally and I have to think he’s gonna give it a go again today, especially after the Neto injury. Boston’s favored by 5 but Washington is one of the hottest teams in the East with the Nets being the only team with a better record over their last 10. And what’s up with Tatum? If he doesn’t recover in this spot, then I have to think there’s an issue with him after talking about COVID-19. I’m thinking Westy plays and plays well along with Beal, but they are on a B2B. I’ll pass on Tatum with the other PFs in play, but Tatum very easily could be on the winning lineup. Another weak frontcourt bench other than Time Lord opens it up for Bertans again and I’ll have more than I should…again. If Jaylen Brown is a no go, Walker has to be the man or Washington, yes, Washington will blow them off the court. If Brown is a no go, whoever Stevens plugs in is going to be a low usage guy, meaning Tatum and Kemba get even more usage and Theis actually should get a bump.

Chi@Tor – Toronto’s favored by 6 and for the life of me, I can’t figure out why. Win this and they are virtually tied with Toronto for 5th in the East. Toronto is missing one of their big three and their bench is nowhere near what Chicago brings. With Boucher in the starting lineup (Nurse is still out, right?), I’m intrigued with Thaddeus Young against who, Bembry? Yuta? Baynes? Throw in Satoransky and Valentine and the Bulls could have a big lead with 6 minutes left in the 2nd quarter for Lavine and company to blow. DFS wise, I’ll have little here, but I am absolutely infatuated with Thaddeus Young. After reading this over, if I’m the Toronto coach, I start Baynes. Not that I play Boucher less, but I want Baynes in there to make the rotations where Boucher is my first or second option rather than my fourth. But, it took some thinking through to get that to dawn on me and I don’t know how much thinking Nurse will let the coach do.

Mem@Hou – JVal. My God, JVal! Houston’s 10 game losing streak has to stop at some time, but my God, JVal! Glassier being out will make Nwaba a thing again, but my God, JVal! Let’s face it. Houston has given up on the season. I’ll have some Nwaba, a little Wall, and obviously some Gordon, but I’ll pass on any Tate. On Memphis’ side, my God, JVal! I’ll also have some Morant as he has to be due for that random 50 burger and he is priced at $7100 on FD. He won’t ever be much cheaper than that.

Atl@Mia – Trae and Herro being questionable puts a damper on things. Assuming both play, I am not finding much here to love. I think the Atlanta big three are overpriced for this game and Butler/Bam have limited ceilings here. I’m shocked that the O/U is at 227.5 and I’ll be grabbing a lot of under shares here. If Trae is out, Obviously the popular pick will be Rondo, but I’m more interested in extended run for Skylar Mays. I won’t turn my nose up at Rondo, but there’s a chance I’ll have a few lineups with both of them in there. If Herro is out, Dragic already showed what he can do with an expanded role and I think that would continue, but I would temper my expectations with him. I won’t temper my ownership of Nunn though.

NYK@Det Rose played 38, Randle played 42, hell even Noel played 41. On a B2B where they are traveling to Detroit? I’m loving the Rose resurgence and I would love for Elf to be on the shelf again with Rose returning to his old stomping grounds, but there’s no guarantee Rose doesn’t sit this one out. Tough situation for the Knicks to be in after getting to .500. Vegas has the Knicks favored only by half a point against the worst record in the East and the lowest O/U total on the slate for a reason and this is one where I’m on board with Vegas 100%. I will however go out on a limb and say this game is a blowout, but I don’t know who wins. Either way, I’ll have a good bit of Quickley and Saban Lee here and if Taj is out, I can easily go with Stewart in some lineups as I think both benches will see extended run. Matter of fact, I even took NYK to win by 11.5 or more for +420 AND Detroit to win by 11.5 for +450..

GSW@LAL – I am praying that total doesn’t go up much as the higher it goes, the higher Curry will be owned and I absolutely love Curry in this spot. I’m intrigued in Harrell vs Wiseman and see some extended run for the rookie, so I’ll have him in some of my lineups. Markieff Morris will do everything he can to get under Dray’s skin, but I think Dray is still feeling terrible about the Charlotte game and won’t get suckered in. I think I’ll end up around the field on LBJ, but I will actually be heavier than the field on Schroeder. As much as I bitch about coaching, I love the Markieff Morris move into the starting lineup and keeping Kuzma’s usage up on the bench.

Pho@Min – Finally! Here we are. Washington scored only a disappointing 128 on Minnesota. Phoenix won’t have any issues here. I won’t have more than 3 Suns in any lineup, but I will have all 5 starters heavier than the field. Remember when Towns was out and Reid did great offensively but Centers were dominating the TWolves at will? It’s a Kaminsky spot again. Especially with Ayton potential foul trouble and Saric potentially out. If Saric plays, I’ll go seven maybe even 8 deep on the Suns. As for Minnesota, AE and KAT went 16-41 from the floor last night. Minnesota sucks, but that won’t continue. They’ll jack up 20 a piece with some better results tonight…unless Finch figures out he made a mistake starting low usage Okogie and decides to go with Nowell or Culver, who both interest me even as backups. Phoenix is the heaviest favorite of the night, as they should be and I’m hoping that scares away some ownership of the Suns. Not me. Not even a little bit. I’m all in. That 226 O/U is cray cray. Minnesota would have to be sub 100 as Phoenix is heading for 130. I’ll be taking the over easily.

Cha@Sac – It’s a catfight over who the worst coach in the NBA is. I can literally see Borrega screaming at Luke Walton “Oh yeah?! I’ll start one of the Martin boys, so there!” Anyway, Holmes could draw Washington which makes me back away from him some, but if Martin is on Bagley, I’ll take all the Bagley and then some. Fox is still slightly underpriced, and I think Gordon Hayward can actually hold off Barnes, so I think the offense flows through Fox and Bagley. As for Hield and Rozier, I see both of them being overpriced for what they could give you. I’m praying the total for this game rises to around 230 like most Sacramento games so the ownership is jacked up and gives me leverage elsewhere.

See ya in 8 hours!

great thoughts, thanks! I agree with the sac/cha game, guys are already priced for their upside outside of fox. I think you take him and one of the cheaper guys (monk maybe?) and move on.

• theIrrigator

• Ranked #79

RG Tiered Ranking

Bulls-Raptors postponed Sunday. https://t.co/jKWTkQP64I

• superjon

So is the day where game log watchers are going to see most of KAT’s scores have been in the 40’s. Then think, “Oh guys like Capela, Plumlee and even J-Val can get that, are under 2k-3k cheaper.”

And then KAT scores 82

• superjon

@theIrrigator said...

Bulls-Raptors postponed Sunday. https://t.co/jKWTkQP64I

Sweet. At least we get to avoid the Boucher troll game.

• Brendan239

• theIrrigator

• Ranked #79

RG Tiered Ranking

@superjon said...

Sweet. At least we get to avoid the Boucher troll game.

Yep that was my first thought lol

• Unico10

RG Overall Ranking

Bertans with a chance to go stupid from 3 vs BOS like Gallo the other day

• dominicanpapi

There’s no way JVal plays heavy minutes right? Logic dictates that he could grab 20 rebounds tonight but their coach will find a way to split the minutes between three other guys. He’s in a smash spot

• Brendan239

Justice Winslow too

• NarrowJ

Took a week off for vacation. Nothing special, just Nashville, but it is always fun times there. So, back at it today.

Nice medium sized slate with some good (projected as close, anyway) games.

• Brendan239

Kelly O buy buy buy

• realphipps

You guys get the DK shoot-n-score ticket?

• Brendan239

How do you handle the late night last game hammer? I like in order: Ball, Rozier, Barnes, Bagley, Fox, Holmes, Monk, Bismack (if Heller out), Hield, Washington, Bridges. Fading Hayward.

• casey2884

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #19

RG Tiered Ranking

@Brendan239 said...

How do you handle the late night last game hammer? I like in order: Ball, Rozier, Barnes, Bagley, Fox, Holmes, Monk, Bismack (if Heller out), Hield, Washington, Bridges. Fading Hayward.

Think you’re too low on Hield w/ Halliburton out but who knows. Hield seems due for that 45 FP eruption.

• Brendan239

@casey2884 said...

Think you’re too low on Hield w/ Halliburton out but who knows. Hield seems due for that 45 FP eruption.

He’ll be in 1 of 3 of my FD LUs for that reason, but he’s been doing his best Tony Snell impression lately.

• Njsum1

If Zeller sits, feels like Biyombo will do tonight what people were expecting him to do last game

• billythekidcowboysheat

@Unico10 said...

Bertans with a chance to go stupid from 3 vs BOS like Gallo the other day

• deepfat

Tricky little slate. Do you trust Tatum to get out of his slump? What does WAS do on a B2B?

• ifthethunder

@noddy said...

Finished 16th in the big $100K (night) contest last night. Only 19 points out of first place and no one in front of me had Harden. I did. Oh what could have been. Couldn’t believe when they took him out with almost 8 minutes left. Seems to me he’s usually in there no matter what the score is. So close, but yet so far. Never been this close before to anything big.

Congrats, noddy!
    ~

• theIrrigator

• Ranked #79

RG Tiered Ranking

Biyombo didnt even play in the 2nd half last game. Don’t think I can play him even if Zeller is out

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).