• Blogger of the Month

7:00 PM EST : Philadelphia ( 11.5 ) at Washington ( -11.5 ) —- T: 214
    7:00 PM EST : Indiana ( 8 ) at Cleveland ( -8 ) —- T: 206.5
    7:30 PM EST : Utah ( 5.5 ) at Boston ( -5.5 ) —- T: 202.5
    8:00 PM EST : Houston ( -1.5 ) at Milwaukee ( 1.5 ) —- T: 212.5
    9:00 PM EST : Memphis ( -2.5 ) at Denver ( 2.5 ) —- T: 206.5
    10:00 PM EST : Oklahoma ( 0 ) at Sacramento ( 0 ) —- T: —
    10:30 PM EST : Brooklyn ( 12.5 ) at LA Clippers ( -12.5 ) —- T: 208.5

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. Please make it a point to say if you’re talking about Cash or GPP options

• PujolsJunkie

@Unico10 said...

315.5 pts #23 in the Leap Year $400… with Collison, Barton and Barnes going.

Wish I had played Gortat for Gobert and saved on the G spot for Barton. Regardless is going to be ok…. thank you Jabari, Middleton and ABC!

You don’t need RotoAcademy to know you always need to save a little extra for the G spot.

• Sjv

@zpa1989 said...

bartons clunker smoked me. bad. makes no sense either he was always in store for a bigger workload with danilo on the shelf. oh well.

Was a solid play, just didn’t execute

• cpp214

@dustyschmidt22 said...

I’m sitting at 6th place in a .25 satellite to the mega crossover, 6pts off the lead. Have Boogie, Kanter, Collison, AND Rondo still to go. Wish me luck!

sounds like you’re in good shape man, but good luck!

• dailyfinancialsports

@viciousphilpy said...

i had trouble seeing any Center as a good play after Jhalil went down. So I punted with Mosgov. Other than that I had Canaan, Harden, Jerami, Favors, Middleton and ABC.

Playing Reddick right now. I can’t explain it, but anytime I play a large GPP I hit cash.

Same. After all the injury news, I pivoted from Young and Parker to Parker and Grant, and Conley and Smith to Westbrook and Collison. That led me to “upgrade” from Gortat to Gobert. Got to take the good with the bad, I guess. Regardless, my core all day was Middleton, Alphabet, and Parker. If I was a multi entry player, I would’ve absolutely destroyed it today. But I’m a lowly cash player. Regardless, I had a pretty good night :)

• Jaseboyhyde

@Sjv said...

What’s the cashline for a lower stake double up on DK looking like tonight?

In the $1 double and triple ups I’m in it’s around 270 and climbing.

• dailyfinancialsports

@dailyfinancialsports said...

Same. After all the injury news, I pivoted from Young and Parker to Parker and Grant, and Conley and Smith to Westbrook and Collison. That led me to “upgrade” from Gortat to Gobert. Got to take the good with the bad, I guess. Regardless, my core all day was Middleton, Alphabet, and Parker. If I was a multi entry player, I would’ve absolutely destroyed it today. But I’m a lowly cash player. Regardless, I had a pretty good night :)

And I hope some multi entry guys did listen to my tip of the day! If they did…they’d be destroying tonight’s slate

• rebkell

I took Gortat, I think the guys on the Grinders live talked me into that one, plus he was cheaper, $6900 sounds so much cheaper than anything $7000 or over. LOL

• walkoff9

RG Overall Ranking

this things over leave westbrook on the bench…..

• rebkell

@walkoff9 said...

this things over leave westbrook on the bench…..

No, don’t do that, how did it get over so quick? It’s been close all night and then bam. OKC can give up a lead as fast as they can get it.

• Unico10

RG Overall Ranking

@PujolsJunkie said...

You don’t need RotoAcademy to know you always need to save a little extra for the G spot.

???
    Not sure you understood
    Wish I spent $300 more to go to Gortat (who I had earlier switched to Gobert) and faded Barton.

I am 21st with 321. Are you ahead of me?

• dailyfinancialsports

@rebkell said...

I took Gortat, I think the guys on the Grinders live talked me into that one, plus he was cheaper, $6900 sounds so much cheaper than anything $7000 or over. LOL

Sure it does. However, when Gortat isn’t even guaranteed to play 30+ min in a matchup against a great team, why risk playing him against a sixers team that had 3 or 4 guys ruled out before tip? ended up being a great pick, but he had 20 FP in the 1st Q and less than 20 min total written all over him. Congrats on sticking with him.

• rebkell

ended up being a great pick, but he had 20 FP in the 1st Q and less than 20 min total written all over him. Congrats on sticking with him.

I’ve given up trying to predict blowouts, it was a prime opportunity.

The other night when everybody was talking about Eric Gordon being a great pick for New Orleans when AD was out, the announcers for NO spent half the pregame talking to Gordon about having his fingers taped up and how it was adversely affecting his shooting and I think it was his first game back.

• bignish

That was my qualm with Gortat; he has consistently played less than 30 minutes in 5 straight games so I wasn’t pleased about his playing time. However, with Nene out that opens up more playing time but I figured that would be split between Markieff/Dudley/Hickson.

• dailyfinancialsports

@rebkell said...

The other night when everybody was talking about Eric Gordon being a great pick for New Orleans when AD was out, the announcers for NO spent half the pregame talking to Gordon about having his fingers taped up and how it was adversely affecting his shooting and I think it was his first game back.

Yeah, and anyone with half a brain picked Ryan Anderson that night. Ryan Anderson was the obvious decision. Eric Gordon was a decision that a player could only afford to make if they were doing multiple lineups. If someone honestly was making one or two lineups and decided to pick Eric Gordon I have a lot of respect for them but let’s be Honest, with hindsight not in mind that was a crazy pick. No one could’ve expected a guy in his first game back from injury to put up such a great performance.

• Epignosis

RG Overall Ranking

When I first looked to put together a lineup this morning, Marcin Gortat was my first choice out of everybody.

• walkoff9

RG Overall Ranking

westy and cousins to the bench

• bignish

@rebkell said...

Yeah man the “coming back from injury” designation is clearly nothing to worry about. Bayless played the entire game today and this was his 1st game back and he was supposed to be “limited”.

If a guy can play, he can play period. Don’t overthink it and assume things about the player’s health condition.

• migarvin99

Yeah, and anyone with half a brain picked Ryan Anderson that night. Ryan Anderson was the obvious decision. Eric Gordon was a decision that a player could only afford to make if they were doing multiple lineups. If someone honestly was making one or two lineups and decided to pick Eric Gordon I have a lot of respect for them but let’s be Honest, space with hindsight not in mind that was a crazy pick. No one could’ve expected a guy in his first game back from injury to put up such a great performance.

exactly, especially since Gentry treats Holiday like he’s made of glass coming back from injury but throws Gordon out there for like 40 minutes in his first game back.

I had him in my lineup too, but switched it last minute because i figured Gentry would limit him….wtf

• chunkybangles

Couple of overtimes for paul to catch up to westy/cousins and i’ll be fine, haha

• flea90

should of listened to the ppl on here to take gortat..oh well

• walkoff9

RG Overall Ranking

all the studs out, watch casspi drain a bunch of 3’s in the final minutes though to come through for the chalk

• rebkell

I didn’t have Gordon that night, but the thing that caught my eye was the ownership on the 3-Ball that night, he was one of the favorites that night.

• migarvin99

@bignish said...

Yeah man the “coming back from injury” designation is clearly nothing to worry about. Bayless played the entire game today and this was his 1st game back and he was supposed to be “limited”.

If a guy can play, he can play period. Don’t overthink it and assume things about the player’s health condition.

Not true. Gordon has been injured his entire nba career. You need to look for a pattern. Gentry demonstrated he is concerned about injuries by limiting Holiday to less than 30 minutes for the first 2 months of the season, but he rushes Gordon back. Makes no sense.

The one mistake i’ll admit was that his usage was destined to go up with the news Davis was out, but everyone was all over Anderson (which was a no brainer). I should have put Gordon back in my lineup too lol. But he burned me the couple times i played him earlier in the year. He had like 11 fantasy points the last game i played him back in december. Oh well. You live and learn…not sure what you can learn from that. Minn is really bad defensively…maybe that is the lesson :)

• rebkell

@flea90 said...

should of listened to the ppl on here to take gortat..oh well

who wasn’t mentioned in this thread, I haven’t read that much of it, but I’m sure half the starters going tonight were mentioned at some time or the other.

• dailyfinancialsports

@migarvin99 said...

exactly, especially since Gentry treats Holiday like he’s made of glass coming back from injury but throws Gordon out there for like 40 minutes in his first game back.

I had him in my lineup too, but switched it last minute because i figured Gentry would limit him….wtf

Exactly. That’s the benefit of doing multiple lineups. At Gordon’s price there were a lot of guys in that range you could have played none of whom I would personally be comfortable with. However, if you’re playing multiple lineups you can conceivably put 30, that’s obviously a hyperbole, but a lot of different guys in that 6000 to 5000 price range and be able to do well overall with someone getting a very bad score so long as someone does get a very high score. That night Gordon happened to get a very high score. If anyone can honestly provide me with evidence that they used to predict that Eric Gordon would score 30 or more points that night, I will personally give them $100.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).