Comments

• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

7:00 PM EST : New York ( 5.5 ) at Detroit ( -5.5 ) —- T: 203.5
    9:00 PM EST : Houston ( -8 ) at Phoenix ( 8 ) —- T: 213
    9:30 PM EST : LA Lakers ( 10.5 ) at New Orleans ( -10.5 ) —- T: 208.5
    10:00 PM EST : Toronto ( 1 ) at Portland ( -1 ) —- T: 204

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. Please make it a point to say if you’re talking about Cash or GPP options

• jeuffd

Thoughts on the Spicy Mustard tonight? May be a good punt vs Lakers. Should hit value easily, with some small upside (for Cash).

• mchin1027

Lopez seems to be pretty productive when given minutes, but his minutes are unpredictable.

Should play more vs Drummond right?

• tdsforever

I have been playing Draftpot lately only…….I am only going to be playing H2H from here on…..

For those who aren’t familiar with DP, in a H2H/GM mode game, you have a 300 point limit to build your team and each player points is based on their average FPS per game. Any advice on how to correctly build a lineup??????

• lastcallcasualty

@playaz said...

What did you build around those three? :)

You really can’t build around those unless you pick scraps and they luck out. Like LIn and Moore.

• WuChef1986

@galed said...

I cashed 11 in the new DK tourney and had A.Rivers and Thompson only get a combine 11 points.

feel better now?

• jeuffd

@lastcallcasualty said...

You really can’t build around those unless you pick scraps and they luck out. Like LIn and Moore.

I had WB, Curry, and Draymond last night. Did have both Lin and Moore, though. Lin was obvious, but Moore was purely a punt with his minutes/matchup. Nice to have a 180 points from 3 players to build on, though!

• lastcallcasualty

@CantCatchABreak99 said...

Please keep thinking that way and when you do make sure you throw some cash in the GPPs.

2 nights ago, Spencer Hawes was in the winning lineup. You call that “strategy and research”. Spencer friggin Hawes. Give me a break.

• nrgreve

@lastcallcasualty said...

2 nights ago, Spencer Hawes was in the winning lineup. You call that “strategy and research”. Spencer friggin Hawes. Give me a break.

He’s been a hot play for 2 weeks now lol

• bcjmu

Booker/Brewer or Affalo/Tucker for Cash?

• bluesunday1287

Best night i’ve had in a week or two last night.. 12TH in the Fanduel Swat, 361 Points… 1 Dollar turned into 300.00…. Lets eat tonight boys!

• onepinrodney

@al3b3d3v said...

Im taking Asik over Ro-Lo, but thats just me and in cash. holla.

I’m playing Asik also, centers feast on the shoddy Laker defense. At that price he could hit value with a broken leg.

• rlangell

How hard is it really to actually pull down a GPP? I ask myself this question becasue you literally have to have everything fall into your lap..Think about it..Last night E’Twaun goes off which I had in one lineup that I didnt have Jimmy Buckets in and that lineup did great(also had AD, LA, Westbrook, and Kyrie) but the other 4 pieces of the puzzle fucked me and they were all solid plays. But Butler gets scratched late after FD lock and all the money is removed from those lineups because of the zero..So a complete fade in JB(who was the best SG with the best matchup as well last night) would be just the starting point..If Butler was scratched before lock, i wouldve had 100% exposure to E’Twaun(huge purdue fan, watched every single one of his college games minus a few) and thought that it was going to be one of the lowest owned Value plays that would pay off atleast 7x which i bvelieve he payed off 9x last night…I wouldve pivoted to Oladipo from JB and had Moore as my orther SG to go with Westbrook, Kyrie, AD, LA, Horford. Though Covington and Barnes sucked i still wouldve cashed across the board. Im starting to think the big GPP’s are just too tough to take down with a limited bankroll and im tlaking under 1000$. I think there definitely is some skill involved, but the luck completely outweighs it in my opinion

• bcjmu

@bluesunday1287 said...

Best night i’ve had in a week or two last night.. 12TH in the Fanduel Swat, 361 Points… 1 Dollar turned into 300.00…. Lets eat tonight boys!

Congrats! How many lineups you put in?

• tdsforever

@jeuffd said...

Woah thats rough! They must have had E’Tuwan, Lin, or Oladipo to top that.

LOL. I also had Lin, Jordan Hill, Dieng, Covington, Barea, Gibson and Bargnani

• dailyfinancialsports

@tdsforever said...

Bargnani

bruh….

• quietstorm778

What about Lin & Moore was luck?

• tdsforever

@dailyfinancialsports said...

bruh….

With the lineup I had, I basically had to utilize a player with barely any stats, which is why I chose him.

• jeuffd

@quietstorm778 said...

What about Lin & Moore was luck?

The only thing that was lucky on FD was that Jimmy Buckets was late scratch after lock. I liked the play regardless (matchup/minutes). Lin was going to get a ton of minutes/usage with starting at point with Kemba out. Neither was luck. EM just went for 10x instead of 6-7x because of Buckets sitting.

• dominicanpapi

That after hours slate on FD is rough, you’re basically forced to start Alonzo Gee.

• tmarohl

@rlangell said...

How hard is it really to actually pull down a GPP? I ask myself this question becasue you literally have to have everything fall into your lap..Think about it..Last night E’Twaun goes off which I had in one lineup that I didnt have Jimmy Buckets in and that lineup did great(also had AD, LA, Westbrook, and Kyrie) but the other 4 pieces of the puzzle fucked me and they were all solid plays. But Butler gets scratched late after FD lock and all the money is removed from those lineups because of the zero..So a complete fade in JB(who was the best SG with the best matchup as well last night) would be just the starting point..If Butler was scratched before lock, i wouldve had 100% exposure to E’Twaun(huge purdue fan, watched every single one of his college games minus a few) and thought that it was going to be one of the lowest owned Value plays that would pay off atleast 7x which i bvelieve he payed off 9x last night…I wouldve pivoted to Oladipo from JB and had Moore as my orther SG to go with Westbrook, Kyrie, AD, LA, Horford. Though Covington and Barnes sucked i still wouldve cashed across the board. Im starting to think the big GPP’s are just too tough to take down with a limited bankroll and im tlaking under 1000$. I think there definitely is some skill involved, but the luck completely outweighs it in my opinion

I almost took down the Fanduel $25 slam about three weeks ago. Ended up in 3rd for a cool fifteen grand. I should have won the thing though. I had Chris Paul and Wade in the last game of the night, and the two guys ahead of me had no one left. Clippers broke the game open with about 5 minutes to go in the fourth quarter. That sent Paul and Wade to the bench. Missed second place by less than one point, which would have gave me an additional 5 grand, and missed first place by about 9 points, which I would have had most likely if the game stayed close.

A few nights ago scores were through the roof. I had something like 370 points and finished in about 200th place.

• BUFUu2

Off subject pretty new on here but how does the ranking on here work.

• Craigg13

@bcjmu said...

Booker/Brewer or Affalo/Tucker for Cash?

Booker/Brewer

• bluesunday1287

@bcjmu said...

Congrats! How many lineups you put in?

2 Lineups in the 1.00 Swat… I’m cheap..

12th Place lineup was

PG Stephen Curry
    GS 134
    Was 121
    Final

$10,700
    Salary

19%
    Owned

John Wall
    PG John Wall
    GS 134
    Was 121
    Final

$9,700
    Salary

10.5%
    Owned

E’Twaun Moore
    SG E’Twaun Moore
    Chi 107
    Sac 102
    Final

$3,600
    Salary

0.9%
    Owned

Jeremy Lin
    SG Jeremy Lin
    Cle 97
    Cha 106
    Final

$5,000
    Salary

24%
    Owned

Luol Deng
    SF Luol Deng
    Mia 93
    Dal 90
    Final

$4,800
    Salary

8.2%
    Owned

Harrison Barnes
    SF Harrison Barnes
    GS 134
    Was 121
    Final

$4,300
    Salary

8.3%
    Owned

LaMarcus Aldridge
    PF LaMarcus Aldridge
    NO 97
    SA 110
    Final

$6,900
    Salary

7.1%
    Owned

Anthony Davis
    PF Anthony Davis
    NO 97
    SA 110
    Final

$10,100
    Salary

5.9%
    Owned

Jordan Hill
    C Jordan Hill
    Ind 114
    BKN 100
    Final

$4,700
    Salary

23.9%
    Owned

• Bellest

@onepinrodney said...

I’m playing Asik also, centers feast on the shoddy Laker defense. At that price he could hit value with a broken leg.

He put up 23.60 FD FPTs against the Lakers earlier this year and didn’t score a single basket lol

• tdsforever

@BUFUu2 said...

Off subject pretty new on here but how does the ranking on here work.

Since you are a Dolphins fan, I believe they will move you up in the rankings solely because they feel your pain of so many disheartening seasons. JK

I am not sure how they work.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).