Comments

• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

7:00 PM EST : New York ( 5.5 ) at Detroit ( -5.5 ) —- T: 203.5
    9:00 PM EST : Houston ( -8 ) at Phoenix ( 8 ) —- T: 213
    9:30 PM EST : LA Lakers ( 10.5 ) at New Orleans ( -10.5 ) —- T: 208.5
    10:00 PM EST : Toronto ( 1 ) at Portland ( -1 ) —- T: 204

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. Please make it a point to say if you’re talking about Cash or GPP options

• BUFUu2

@tdsforever said...

Since you are a Dolphins fan, I believe they will move you up in the rankings sole because they feel your pain of so many disheartening seasons. JK

I am not sure how they work.

LMAO haven’t thought about that or should take me straight to last place lol truth hurts

• bcjmu

Awesome!!! Sick lineup!

• tonytone1908

@lastcallcasualty said...

2 nights ago, Spencer Hawes was in the winning lineup. You call that “strategy and research”. Spencer friggin Hawes. Give me a break.

you’ve apparently never watched him play. and in the right spot? fuhgeddaboutit

• adamkaz

Is Markieff Morris chasing points or taking advantage of increased usage?

• CantCatchABreak99

@lastcallcasualty said...

You really can’t build around those unless you pick scraps and they luck out. Like LIn and Moore.

I’m not trying to be a dickhead here, but if you thjink Lin was “luck” then that would say something about your research. With Walker out you knew he was going to get the start, whether Batum was out or not and it was a decent match up. Moore was a solid punt because he’s not expensive and has been starting in place of Snell lately. The fact that Butler was a late scratch was definitely “lucky” . . . I seriously doubt he goes for 9 times salary if Butler plays, but he would have been a value play anyway.

• bluesunday1287

@adamkaz said...

Hard not to like his usage….Could easily hit 5x value at current salary…

• quietstorm778

@jeuffd said...

The only thing that was lucky on FD was that Jimmy Buckets was late scratch after lock. I liked the play regardless (matchup/minutes). Lin was going to get a ton of minutes/usage with starting at point with Kemba out. Neither was luck. EM just went for 10x instead of 6-7x because of Buckets sitting.

Good point on FD…I only play DK.

• tdsforever

IMO, Norris Cole is a fantastic play tonight, as long as Evans isn’t playing. Huge opportunity against one of the worst defenses in the league and Norris has been taking advantage of most if his opportunities.

• rlangell

You will have to be different tonight. Kieff will be highly owned for sure and he could crush value again but if he don’t and you fade him then you will probably be looking at a top 15% finish if you can get other chalk plays correct..the key is which stud minus harden and davis(highest owned studs tonight imo)will you roster to get you ahead of the pacl? Is it Lowry or Derozan? Drum? Lillard? Melo? we will see but I think the winning GPP lineup will have a Laker involved

• xdan3220

@rlangell said...

How hard is it really to actually pull down a GPP? I ask myself this question becasue you literally have to have everything fall into your lap..Think about it..Last night E’Twaun goes off which I had in one lineup that I didnt have Jimmy Buckets in and that lineup did great(also had AD, LA, Westbrook, and Kyrie) but the other 4 pieces of the puzzle fucked me and they were all solid plays. But Butler gets scratched late after FD lock and all the money is removed from those lineups because of the zero..So a complete fade in JB(who was the best SG with the best matchup as well last night) would be just the starting point..If Butler was scratched before lock, i wouldve had 100% exposure to E’Twaun(huge purdue fan, watched every single one of his college games minus a few) and thought that it was going to be one of the lowest owned Value plays that would pay off atleast 7x which i bvelieve he payed off 9x last night…I wouldve pivoted to Oladipo from JB and had Moore as my orther SG to go with Westbrook, Kyrie, AD, LA, Horford. Though Covington and Barnes sucked i still wouldve cashed across the board. Im starting to think the big GPP’s are just too tough to take down with a limited bankroll and im tlaking under 1000$. I think there definitely is some skill involved, but the luck completely outweighs it in my opinion

It depends on the size of the GPP you are playing. If you’re in the $2 shot or something like that with 100k plus entries of course it is insanely difficult to take that down. You basically need to have the perfect lineup. Last night was a little crazy with the very late scratch on Butler who had really high ownership, most nights you don’t need to get E’Twaun Moore lucky. But if you are playing the huge entry GPPs you need things to break perfectly. If you are playing a high entry fee GPP than you don’t generally have to be so perfect because there are less entries. I won the Fanduel Monster Tuesday night with 339.5 points, that many points in the shot would have finished at 250th, but that is the difference between a GPP with 1,000 people in in and one with 170,000 people in it.

• frugal

Damn. Late news on Butler and all my SF’s crapped the bed last night. Typically do better on short slates like tonight…but Harden and Davis are the 2 high dollar players I least like to roster.

• bluesunday1287

Fading both Brow & Harden tonight.

• Bellest

@tdsforever said...

IMO, Norris Cole is a fantastic play tonight, as long as Evans isn’t playing. Huge opportunity against one of the worst defenses in the league and Norris has been taking advantage of most if his opportunities.

I just read an article about Evans; the coach isn’t happy with him, and told him to take his time coming back. Also, it’s rumored he’s on the trade block.
    http://www.nola.com/pelicans/index.ssf/2016/02/is_it_time_for_pelicans_to_tra.html#incart_story_package

• al3b3d3v

@bluesunday1287 said...

Fading both Brow & Harden tonight.

play me heads up, ill play mr glass and mr beard lets see who wins

• abreezy

@al3b3d3v said...

play me heads up, ill play mr glass and mr beard lets see who wins

I want in on this too. Pretty sure you arent winning if you fade both, send me the invite. easy money

• frugal

@adamkaz said...

If you’re expecting him to hit 58 DK points again you are absolutely chasing points.However, I think he still has a solid 6X upside at his current salary. Gotta remember, last year he averaged 15.3 PPG, 6.2 REB, 2.3 AST, and 1.2 STL which would be right around 30 DK points and that was with a healthy and much more talented supporting cast. This year’s regression has been more about fluctuating playing time and being upset with the franchise than his skill level.

• abreezy

What happened to a lot of you guys last night is exacly why i dont play FD. There is too much money on the line every night to find out after line-ups are set and going that Jimmy Buckets is a late scracth. Why dont they just update their site to allow you to make changes up until tip off.

• frugal

@abreezy said...

What happened to a lot of you guys last night is exacly why i dont play FD. There is too much money on the line every night to find out after line-ups are set and going that Jimmy Buckets is a late scracth. Why dont they just update their site to allow you to make changes up until tip off.

Yep. I hate FD due to roster lock. Though the last news still killed me as he was in all my lineups and with games started I wasn’t able to get the right studs in play. All my value plays hit and it was the SF’s which killed me.

• fanjuice

• 2016 FanDuel WFFC Finalist

• 2017 FanDuel WFBBC Finalist

Made my Anthony Davis lineups, and my Ryan Anderson back up lineups, not gonna let another injury ruin my day lol

• DFSNewbie

Any average player here wants to play me 1$ H2H? I am an average player and I want to see how I would fare against some of yall here. FD btw

• fanjuice

• 2016 FanDuel WFFC Finalist

• 2017 FanDuel WFBBC Finalist

@frugal said...

Yep. I hate FD due to roster lock. Though the last news still killed me as he was in all my lineups and with games started I wasn’t able to get the right studs in play. All my value plays hit and it was the SF’s which killed me.

Yeah but it can also help you win GPP’s if 44% of the competition is instantly eliminated…also not having a lineup late swap means you can play questionable players if you are risk tolerant…like Kobe the other day was .02% owned at 53 FDP

• dominicanpapi

Question, was there a reason why you guys were so high on Butler? I had him in 1 lineup, had Klay in another, but other than that, I had Dipo in every lineup. He had an insane game against OKC earlier in the season and just rolled the dice with him. At $6100 why not?

• deerosa

@Fazool said...

Yeah i think you’re right.
    I’m a glutton for punishment that’s why i keep going back to him.

Porzingis gets into foul trouble early and he makes stupid fouls all the time. He is up and down in rebounds and he is a better play when Melo is out. He is also hovering the three point line alot lately and chucking those up. His put back dunks are usually from a running start and jumping over someone’s back. On defense he tends to play out on the 3 pt line while covering stretch 4’s like D. Green/K Olynk/etc. Big men that shoot 3’s as well which do not put him in a position to grab a lot of boards.

And of course, the rookie wall like previously mentioned. I will get to see him live next month when the play the clippers!

• frugal

@dominicanpapi said...

Question, was there a reason why you guys were so high on Butler? I had him in 1 lineup, had Klay in another, but other than that, I had Dipo in every lineup. He had an insane game against OKC earlier in the season and just rolled the dice with him. At $6100 why not?

Defense vs position. Kings are absolutely horrible against SG, note Moore going off…

• tdsforever

Anyone in here who can give advice on this?

I have only been playing Draftpot lately …….I am only going to be playing H2H from here on…..
    For those who aren’t familiar with DP, in a H2H/GM mode game, you have a 300 point limit to build your team and each player points is based on their average FPPG. Any advice on how to correctly build a lineup??????

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).