• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

7:30 PM EST : Utah ( -7.5 ) at Atlanta ( 7.5 ) —- T: 224
    7:30 PM EST : Golden State ( 4 ) at Dallas ( -4 ) —- T: —
    8:00 PM EST : Portland ( 9 ) at Philadelphia ( -9 ) —- T: —
    9:00 PM EST : Houston ( 2 ) at Memphis ( -2 ) —- T: 224.5
    10:00 PM EST : Denver ( 5 ) at LA Lakers ( -5 ) —- T: 219

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterday’s games will be moved to yesterday’s NBA thread. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

• emoney1214

Oubre and melo I believe were quite chalky on fd and that was obvious pre-lock. Oubre has too much upside at that price point, especially tournaments, and talk of him playing small ball center made it juicer. Embiid sucked 2nd half, lots of pgs busted and sg sucked too. The chalker players I didn’t like didn’t do all that well but my pivots sucked as well. Chrono, I see you post after the night is done but rarely during the day. Since you appear to be tilted every night, I would like to see who you like during the day.

Premium/optimizers are good to make sure you aren’t missing anything. I suck with twitter, so hearing them talk about a. Simmons 20 min limit was helpful in for example. It is nice to see chalk and where you can pivot based on your own opinion.

• SkateFiend

@chronoxiong said...

Its always nice to hear from you. You and I are similar in how to feel about how the NBA DFS game has changed. Its clearly not the same as it was during the 2015-17 seasons. Those were the seasons I was crushing everyone nightly. Is DK hard to win too? Or is the competition weaker? Are the lineup optimizers all over DK too? Because I am really sick of them.

For me to cash this in the Clutch Shot: https://www.fanduel.com/games/54274/contests/54274-243713290/entries/2361985427/scoring
    But to fall way short just to win one fricken $1 50/50 here: https://www.fanduel.com/games/54274/contests/54274-243834557/entries/2362115622/scoring

Yeah thats lame. Its supposed to be the other way around. I’m assuming 326.40 must be the optimized lineup. Why would people want to win with the same lineup? Anyways, I regret playing Josh Richardson. I played him because Rodney Hood blows. But of course, Richardson proceeds to suck while Hood decides to get 27 fdp. Thats pretty much why I couldn’t cash in the Pick N Roll GPP too. Overall, I played $15 and won back $14.90. I can’t profit for s@%t.

DK’s pricing is unforgiving compared to the other two sites. I almost had no choice but to play the GS forwards, because you have to play a lot of guys in the 5,000-5,400 range to fit in even someone like John Collins. The result is inflated ownership, meaning I gained little edge from playing guys like Kelly Oubre Jr or Toscano.

The problem with NBA (for DFS purposes) is that it’s becoming positionless and too dependent on outside shooting. If a big man is out, many teams go smallish and just play everyone for 20 minutes. Everyone apparently becomes shooters and mid level players don’t seem to have many opportunity to collect stats. So you’ll see someone like Kyle Lowry play almost 30 minutes and cough up 15 points and 6 assists, having missed 8 out of 12 three point attempts. Back in the day I remember stud PGs like Steve Nash could dish out 10 assists and stuff the stat sheet for 30 minutes every night, delivering the ball to Amare and Dirk and shooting the ball with supreme accuracy.

NBA is becoming MLB, where you have to nail a handful of aces and hope that someone like Josh Richardson does something extraordinary at low ownership. Since NBA has little correlation, it’s an near impossible task.

• theIrrigator

• Ranked #61

RG Tiered Ranking

@ImADonk11 said...

I missed what happened but You got stuck with 100 on accident? Like I did with Baynes the other night!? Excel or HQ issue? Lol man sometimes you just got to laugh at this stuff.

Yeah most likely user error. Didnt hit save or clicked orginal file to upload. Had 100% Giannis and Curry. Giannis worked out great lol

• RandysCrow

Damnit Jokic…I know it was a “tougher matchup” but why did you dud so bad last night?!!

I pivoted from Embiid to Joker for my FD single bullet line that I used in the single entry series and a few other small single entry gpps. As all the other games were ending and Denver was about to start, I noticed that no one above me really had any investment in that game.

If I could have gotten Jokic’s typical 60 fpts I possibly would have taken it down instead of finishing with a 331.4 score good for 589th getting just 31 from Joker….ugh

Such frustration lol

Edit

Lineup was:

Melton
    Steph
    Trent
    Hood
    Melo
    Oubre
    Porzingis
    Draymond
    Jokic

• jdtrey

@RandysCrow said...

Damnit Jokic…I know it was a “tougher matchup” but why did you dud so bad last night?!!

Jokic almost never plays well against the Lakers.
    He’s got 1 60 FDP and 4 50+ FDP games in 20 games against the Lakers.
    The lone 60 spot was in 39 minutes with 4 steals in the playoffs last year.

Ball-Fever Again!

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).