• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

7:30 PM EST : Utah ( -7.5 ) at Atlanta ( 7.5 ) —- T: 224
    7:30 PM EST : Golden State ( 4 ) at Dallas ( -4 ) —- T: —
    8:00 PM EST : Portland ( 9 ) at Philadelphia ( -9 ) —- T: —
    9:00 PM EST : Houston ( 2 ) at Memphis ( -2 ) —- T: 224.5
    10:00 PM EST : Denver ( 5 ) at LA Lakers ( -5 ) —- T: 219

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterday’s games will be moved to yesterday’s NBA thread. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

• Ace15

Man Sterling Brown is really interesting.

• frugal

KP probable, nice!

• theIrrigator

• Ranked #85

RG Tiered Ranking

@ifthethunder said...

I wish he was out yesterday so I wouldn’t have played him.
    ~

Me too. I was 80% on both sites. Oladipo told me Wall would pay me back

• frugal

@theIrrigator said...

Me too. I was 80% on both sites. Oladipo told me Wall would pay me back

After looking at numbers I pivoted most up to Jimmy. It was Keldon’s disappearing act and Quickely nailed to the bench that killed me.

• theIrrigator

• Ranked #85

RG Tiered Ranking

@frugal said...

Spreads aren’t arbitrary. Doesn’t mean they’re always right, but Vegas wins more than loses. Like I said strange things happen. If Melo starts I’ll absolutely want some. Off the bench, I’ll look elsewhere. I’ll be heavy Simons & Trent. If Embiid sits, heavy Simmons and Harris as they’ll be responsible if it blows out.

I know I want tons of Simons. Still need to decide how much I want of the others

• ifthethunder

@tmarohl said...

Not at 5800 on FD.

Everybody hates Draymond.

P.S. Nice job in the forum contest.
    ~

• tmarohl

@Ace15 said...

Wish I would have played him yesterday when we were having the discussion on viable plays on DK under 3100 when I mentioned him.

• frugal

@theIrrigator said...

I know I want tons of Simons. Still need to decide how much I want of the others

Yeah CourtIQ doesn’t really help here as there’s not much in terms of real game minutes. For example running the starters they’ve played 4.7 minutes together and Trent has 47% usage. Running the full squad without inactive guys, Kanter is 1st in usage at 26, then Simons at 24.3 and yet somehow gets a -.08 FPPG differential which is suspect. Anthony sees a significant -.12 FPPM differential which is confusing as well.

• frugal

@tmarohl said...

Wish I would have played him yesterday when we were having the discussion on viable plays on DK under 3100 when I mentioned him.

Ha! I immediately discredited him.

• theIrrigator

• Ranked #85

RG Tiered Ranking

@frugal said...

Yeah CourtIQ doesn’t really help here as there’s not much in terms of real game minutes. For example running the starters they’ve played 4.7 minutes together and Trent has 47% usage. Running the full squad without inactive guys, Kanter is 1st in usage at 26, then Simons at 24.3 and yet somehow gets a -.08 FPPG differential which is suspect. Anthony sees a significant -.12 FPPM differential which is confusing as well.

Yeah I was looking at that also. Simons, Kanter, Hood is where I’m starting. I just cant get past playing Trent at 6.2k. Wall is only $700 more lol

• tmarohl

@frugal said...

Ha! I immediately discredited him.

He will be very viable again tonight depending on Nwaba’s status. He is a pretty good player. I was not on the Dipo train yesterday because I don’t trust him. I don’t think he is anything like the player he was pre-injury. Houston must feel that way as well, as I heard reports on the radio today that Houston is open to trading him. I did miss out on Gordon, because I never get him right, so decided to look elsewhere.

• Yukerboy

• Blogger of the Month

1 out of every 3 games in the NBA are decided by 15+ points.
    I have 3 out of 5 tonight decided by 20+

Fun slate.

• theIrrigator

• Ranked #85

RG Tiered Ranking

Status note: David Nwaba (ankle) a game-time decision Thursday.

• Yukerboy

• Blogger of the Month

@theIrrigator said...

I think Melo will play 30 mins regardless of outcome

This.
    Starter or bench.
    Blowout or close.
    Carmelo is getting his minutes.

• frugal

@Yukerboy said...

This.
    Starter or bench.
    Blowout or close.
    Carmelo is getting his minutes.

Last 3 he played 17,18(blowout), and 26 minutes. Minutes range played in games decided by more than 20, win or loss, is 18-26. He’s only played 30+ minutes in 3 games, all decided by 3 points or less, 2 of them he started.

• sochoice

• 2017 DraftKings FBWC Finalist

• 2017 FanDuel WFFC Champion

@theIrrigator said...

Blazers available Thursday:

Anfernee Simons
    Gary Trent Jr.
    Rodney Hood
    Robert Covington
    Enes Kanter
    Carmelo Anthony
    Harry Giles
    CJ Elleby
    Keljin Blevins

Key is picking the 5 guys on the court most of the second half as they are losing by 20-40 points. Unless Philly sits a bunch of players in response.

• theIrrigator

• Ranked #85

RG Tiered Ranking

@Ace15 said...

Pre-blowout he was on pace for 10 mins. He also scored 30 fpts in the 4th qtr

• theIrrigator

• Ranked #85

RG Tiered Ranking

@frugal said...

Last 3 he played 17,18(blowout), and 26 minutes. Minutes range played in games decided by more than 20, win or loss, is 18-26. He’s only played 30+ minutes in 3 games, all decided by 3 points or less, 2 of them he started.

All the same guys were out those last 3 games? Just going off last game he should play a minimum of 28 unless they are losing by 50 at the half. He doesn’t even have to close to play 28 mins and assuming the “blowout” doesnt happen until the start of the 4 qtr he should still get his normal run

• Sleazygreazy

RG Overall Ranking

Did Simons get a little banged up last night? IIRC, a Q tag popped up for him on DK at the end/after the game

• Yukerboy

• Blogger of the Month

@frugal said...

I don’t think McCollum, Lillard, and Jones were out of any of those games though.
    When Blevins/Elleby are looking at getting 20, Carmelo’s getting 30 along with Simons, Trent, Hood, Kanter, and Covington.

• theIrrigator

• Ranked #85

RG Tiered Ranking

Key news to watch (status as of 3 ET):

Trae Young – questionable
    Kristaps Porzingis – rest candidate
    LeBron James – probable
    Anthony Davis – probable
    Ben Simmons – probable
    Kevin Huerter – probable
    Eric Paschall – questionable

• Yukerboy

• Blogger of the Month

John Wall and the Lakers on that sweet 2 day rest spot.
    2 days rest average 2.5% more FDP per minute.

• theIrrigator

• Ranked #85

RG Tiered Ranking

@Sleazygreazy said...

Did Simons get a little banged up last night? IIRC, a Q tag popped up for him on DK at the end/after the game

This is the DK Blurb

UPDATE: Simons (hamstring) is not on the injury report for Thursday’s game against the 76ers.

ANALYSIS: Simons aggravated a hamstring injury during Tuesday’s game against the Wizards, but he’s absent from the injury report ahead of Thursday’s action against the Sixers. With Damian Lillard (abdominal) questionable, Simons is in line to potentially get the start at point guard.

• Sleazygreazy

RG Overall Ranking

@theIrrigator said...

Simons aggravated a hamstring injury during Tuesday’s game against the Wizards

Makes me nervioso. Probably only doing a few lineups today but if doing a bunch I would think you have scale down exposure at least a little

• Ace15

@Sleazygreazy said...

Makes me nervioso. Probably only doing a few lineups today but if doing a bunch I would think you have scale down exposure at least a little

Yeah, I’m a little scared now too…Can Melo run point?

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).