7:30 PM EST : Indiana ( 6 ) at Toronto ( -6 ) —- T: 216.5
    7:30 PM EST : Golden St ( 0 ) at Brooklyn ( 0 ) —- T: —
    7:30 PM EST : Orlando ( 0 ) at Boston ( 0 ) —- T: —
    8:00 PM EST : Atlanta ( 6 ) at Minnesota ( -6 ) —- T: 236.5
    8:00 PM EST : Cleveland ( 12 ) at Okla City ( -12 ) —- T: 219.5
    8:30 PM EST : Memphis ( 5 ) at Dallas ( -5 ) —- T: 229
    9:00 PM EST : Denver ( 0 ) at Utah ( 0 ) —- T: —
    10:00 PM EST : Miami ( 6.5 ) at LA Clippers ( -6.5 ) —- T: 223

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterday’s games will be moved to yesterday’s NBA thread. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

• BerkeleyBoss

@RandysCrow said...

BerkeleyBoss I saw you near the Top in the Yahoo Baller. I finished 23rd.

If I would have used Joker over Kat I would have won the Baller by 14 points.

Stupid Wolves fandom got in my way. I would have won the Baller twice in four nights!

Still turned $85 into $355, but damn that one choice! If Kat wouldn’t have played like a zombie tonight I could have still got it! He would have had to of scored 62 which was entirely possible.

Damn! Nice finish though. I actually made twice as many FD lineups tonight so that I could get a lot of Jokic and KAT exposure…thankfully. I figured one of them had to have a huge night.

• BerkeleyBoss

@captainwacky said...

The warriors are pulling off such a ridiculous coup this year. If they end up flipping D-LO for someone valuable + a pick, they could conceivably hop right back in as contenders.

No question! Place your bets now, Warriors 2021 champs!

• tmarohl

@PaperStacking92 said...

Sixers will either have to trade 2 guys or waive 2

They will probably just waive Kyle O’Quinn and one of Trey Burke or Raul Neto

• RandysCrow

• Ranked #48

RG Tiered Ranking

@BerkeleyBoss said...

Damn! Nice finish though. I actually made twice as many FD lineups tonight so that I could get a lot of Jokic and KAT exposure…thankfully. I figured one of them had to have a huge night.

Yeah I made two lines with only one change (one with Hardaway and one with R Jackson) I should have kept my guards the same and did one Kat and one Joker…my fault for not using the star on a depleted team at the same price as Kat…

But I’m not greedy…I’ll let someone else have the Baller tonight…I’ve been on a heater so I’m coming after it again!!! 🤣

• tmarohl

Sounds like Miami is interested in Draymond Green if they can’t get Gallinari.

• gaelicgirl

@tmarohl said...

Timberwolves really are stalking aren’t they?

LOL

• yisman

And in MLB news, Betts failed his physical. Trade in jeopardy.

• gaelicgirl

@tmarohl said...

I think they could have gotten much more than three low second round picks for those guys. This was just a way to reduce their tax. Now they have to go out and sign some G league guys to min deals to to fill our their roster.

2 weeks ago they only had one 2nd round pick through the next 7 drafts, now they have 5. They have a couple of G League guys whose contracts they want to convert already in Bowman and Chriss.

• tmarohl

@gaelicgirl said...

2 weeks ago they only had one 2nd round pick through the next 7 drafts, now they have 5. They have a couple of G League guys whose contracts they want to convert already in Bowman and Chriss.

Chriss isn’t a G League guy, he is on a full deal I believe. Former MU player Juan Anderson could be a candidate to be given some ten day contracts or placed on the roster at minimum salary. I have a feeling that GS is not done. I think they try to get out of the tax completely this year, to avoid the much steeper repeater tax in coming years. Look for a guy like Kevon Looney to be dumped for nothing.

• RWilder

@Sleazygreazy said...

Good thing he dropped 58 fpts first. He would have played more too if game had stayed close at the end. He was itching to come back in but there was no reason to risk it

Yep this killed me. He left with 7 min remaining. Tue way he was rolling tonight he would have gotten 14 more points. He was averaging 2 fptm.

I ended with 419. Add that 14 and I’m at 433. In probably would have boasted THJ another 5 points because Zinger would have kept it closer.

That broken nose cost me anywhere between 1500 and 25k. I’m happy with the 250 bucks but man I always cone so close . Always sonething

• gaelicgirl

@tmarohl said...

Sounds like Miami is interested in Draymond Green if they can’t get Gallinari.

That definitely won’t be happening

Congrats Berkeley Boss (go Warriors!) and RandysCrow (nice to see you again!)

• Sleazygreazy

RG Overall Ranking

@RWilder said...

That broken nose cost me anywhere between 1500 and 25k.

Unlikely bro, he was like 50% owned lmao, he stalled tens of thousands of lineups

• gaelicgirl

@tmarohl said...

Chriss isn’t a G League guy, he is on a full deal I believe.

Nope, he doesn’t have an NBA contract yet. After they waived him and signed Damion Lee, they gave him Lee’s G League spot when they brought him back. I don’t think they’re done, either, and wouldn’t be surprised if they tried to dump Looney’s contract (although I don’t know who would take him with that neuropathy thing).

• tmarohl

@gaelicgirl said...

Nope, he doesn’t have an NBA contract yet. After they waived him and signed Damion Lee, they gave him Lee’s G League spot when they brought him back. I don’t think they’re done, either, and wouldn’t be surprised if they tried to dump Looney’s contract (although I don’t know who would take him with that neuropathy thing).

Well, the Warriors now have a bunch of second round picks they can attach to him.

• chronoxiong

This is now the 3rd straight I try to have some late night hammers in my lineup, only to come back and kill me instead. Went Dragic over Reggie Jackson which proved fatal. Also went Jimmy Butler over chalk Wiggins which proved fatal as well. The Hawks were blowing out the pathetic TWolves. Not even cool how they let them come back which allowed Wiggins to hit 40 fdp. Also landed on Draymond Green who crushed me even more. I’m hurt. My main lineup scored a paltry 327.5 which lost everything. And then I just realized that my original dummy lineup scored 368 because my friend played it and told me it did well for him. sigh I’m out of words. I’m on a four night losing streak now. Lost a ton of money. Sick and tired of the optimizer bullcrap I’m seeing right now. Also sick and tired of seeing the same peeps with the same cash game lineup in cash games. I keep thinking I can overcome them but yeah, there are nights like tonight where its really tough to try to differentiate. I’m frustrated.

• tmarohl

I actually was very heavy on the Joker tonight. A player I hate to play. I threw the Joker rules out the window because with seven players available, I knew there was no way he could be on the bench. Also, Rudy Gobert might be the most over rated player in the NBA.

• tmarohl

Hey GG. Houston has about 5 million in room and has a desire to land a center, and has stated they will even take on a bad contract for some draft assets. Don’t know if GS would make a deal with Houston out of principle, but assuming Looney is healing, that could be an option for Houston, If GS threw in a couple of those second rounders. Len to Houston seems off the table now that he has been traded.

• SkateFiend

@chronoxiong said...

This is now the 3rd straight I try to have some late night hammers in my lineup, only to come back and kill me instead. Went Dragic over Reggie Jackson which proved fatal. Also went Jimmy Butler over chalk Wiggins which proved fatal as well. Also landed on Draymond Gree who crushed me even more. I’m hurt. My main lineup scored a paltry 327.5 which lost everything. And then I just realized that my original dummy lineup scored 368 because my friend played it and told me it did well for him. sigh I’m out of words. I’m on a four night losing streak now. Lost a ton of money. Sick and tired of the optimizer bullcrap I’m seeing right now. Also sick and tired of seeing the same peeps with the same cash game lineup in cash games. I keep thinking I can overcome them but yeah, there are nights like tonight where its really tough to try to differentiate. I’m frustrated.

At least you had some big wins recently, didn’t you win a couple thousand dollars?

This is said often, but you should try hockey. I don’t know if it’s optimizer proof, but there’s probably enough variance there that a same formula won’t stick for every slate. I know close to nothing about NHL but I played enough to get a general sense of what team is good or whatnot.

• tmarohl

Quit worrying about optomizers. They are only useful for cash games. Use them to your advantage. Run them and see who the masses will be playing, and make a pivot or two.

• gaelicgirl

@tmarohl said...

Hey GG. Houston has about 5 million in room and has a desire to land a center, and has stated they will even take on a bad contract for some draft assets. Don’t know if GS would make a deal with Houston out of principle, but assuming Looney is healing, that could be an option for Houston, If GS threw in a couple of those second rounders. Len to Houston seems off the table now that he has been traded.

You never know, trade deadlines make strange bedfellows LOL

• chronoxiong

@SkateFiend said...

At least you had some big wins recently, didn’t you win a couple thousand dollars?

This is said often, but you should try hockey. I don’t know if it’s optimizer proof, but there’s probably enough variance there that a same formula won’t stick for every slate. I know close to nothing about NHL but I played enough to get a general sense of what team is good or whatnot.

I won 1.3k right before 2019 ended. Took out $600 from that and have lost about $150 since then. But yeah, I remember you keep talking about NHL. It sounds cool and much less stressful due to not having to worry about the optimizers. Problem is, I just dont know if I have the time to play it. I got other hobbies I do too so thats why I keep sticking to what I know/do best which is NBA. And on the days I work during lock time, I just play light. Adding NHL to it could add more stress. Thats the issue. But it is good to know that you are finding success in it. The prize pools must be low though.

• RWilder

@Sleazygreazy said...

Unlikely bro, he was like 50% owned lmao, he stalled tens of thousands of lineups

Well, there were 27 people ahead of me that didn’t have him, so I would have moved up considerably but I hear your point.

• RWilder

@tmarohl said...

I actually was very heavy on the Joker tonight. A player I hate to play. I threw the Joker rules out the window because with seven players available, I knew there was no way he could be on the bench. Also, Rudy Gobert might be the most over rated player in the NBA.

I wish I would have thought about that. Like they have 7 guys. Who is going to score and keep them in the game? Their All-Star of course. smh. Oh well I had plenty of Ayton, Drummond and made a good amount of money, but swapping Joker for KAT and wow, I would have won a ton.

• miggs6876

You have to really hit on all guys to win good money. Frustrating that I miss on 1 or 2 more often than not. 366.3 on the $1 dribbler got me $2.50. Changed Ayton to Kat was a big mistake. Culver hurt as well as Dlo. Nailed Conley. On to tomorrow.

• fleishmo6

Watched rotogrinders dfs show before lock
    their top sharps all had D Jones from Miami as a top play
    I used in 2 LUs but how could they know he would go off
    Never would have even had in my player pool
    Seems crazy to me
    Only 3 percent owned but almost 12x
    Where does that pick even come from

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).