7:00 PM EST : Cleveland ( -7 ) at Orlando ( 7 ) —- T: 222
    7:30 PM EST : Memphis ( 2.5 ) at Atlanta ( -2.5 ) —- T: 205.5
    7:30 PM EST : Milwaukee ( 0 ) at New York ( 0 ) —- T: —
    7:30 PM EST : Boston ( 0 ) at Toronto ( 0 ) —- T: —
    7:30 PM EST : Houston ( -10 ) at Brooklyn ( 10 ) —- T: 217.5
    8:00 PM EST : Washington ( 6 ) at Philadelphia ( -6 ) —- T: 213.5
    10:30 PM EST : Okla City ( 10 ) at Golden State ( -10 ) —- T: 230
    10:30 PM EST : Phoenix ( 0 ) at LA Lakers ( 0 ) —- T: —

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NBA thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• yountingly

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #33

RG Tiered Ranking

@Lathum said...

The problem with LeBron is he isn’t even a great tournament play because the casual fan will keep clicking his name.

This is a so true. He is an easy fade tonight with so many other studs to pay for. It’s a good spot but he will be over owned, especially on FD and so I will fade and hope he doesn’t go off.

• frugal

Good morning, hope you had a solid night last night. I stepped into too many bear traps to profit but at least cashed a few lineups to prevent a completely horrible night. Tonight’s slate already looks like there’s some solid value available. Yahoo early look:

Mario Hezonja $12 – I hate that he’s a PF on Yahoo, but doesn’t look like they plan to change that. His minutes have trended up over the last 5 and he should draw another start for Gordon in an exploitable matchup vs CLE’s horrible defense. He’s averaged just over 1 FPPM over the last 5 and should see around 30 minutes tonight. He’ll be the chalk value tonight, but worth eating anyway.

Shelvin Mack or DJ Augustin $10 – Over the last 4 games both these guys have been seeing minutes in the mid 20’s of late and both have returned right around 2.3X Either is a solid play against CLE’s awful D.

Jarrett Allen $13 – Allen has a horrible matchup tonight but since moving into the starting lineup 4 games ago he’s averaged 24.5 MPG and 27 FPPG including a big game vs Embiid. Presuming he sees minutes in line with the last 4 I like his chances at 2X+ in what should be a very fast game and he should be relatively blowout proof.

Good luck all!

• MinusEV

@Lathum said...

2 injuries last night cost me between $200-a few thousand.

Had 305 on my main FD lineup with a low owned Olynyk, first in most GPPs was between 325-345.

Had Fox in the late slate and missed the cash line in all lineups by .2.

Just have to tell myself I’m building solid lineups, but man, so frustrating.

Over a big enough sample size skill will beat out luck. Just keep on keeping on, brother.

• damionismyname

@MinusEV said...

Over a big enough sample size skill will beat out luck. Just keep on keeping on, brother.

skill will never beat our luck. gpp’s are 90% luck.

• dmbtrip2004

man there is just to much value and studs on this slate

• frugal

@damionismyname said...

Winning a GPP I will agree requires a great deal of luck. Cashing in GPP’s consistently is skill.

• Ndepompei

anybody on channing frye tonight? they need to increase his minutes I don’t want to miss the game that they do

• elving188

• Blogger of the Month

About to dive deeper into the daily research & just discovered Semi Pro is on HBO. Just pressed play. Feeling like a good day already!

• ASitar

Is there a player from the Cavs that will exceed value tonight? Maybe Frye? I mean a 7 point spread and a 222 total…

• elving188

• Blogger of the Month

@Ndepompei said...

anybody on channing frye tonight? they need to increase his minutes I don’t want to miss the game that they do

I’ll be more than happy to miss that game than to even take a $4 risk on him. lol

I’ll watch from a far if he has a breakout game.

• elving188

• Blogger of the Month

@ASitar said...

Is there a player from the Cavs that will exceed value tonight? Maybe Frye? I mean a 7 point spread and a 222 total…

If I had to make a bet I’d say lean Wade or IT2..more Wade cause he’s cheaper

• feekdogg

@elving188 said...

If I had to make a bet I’d say lean Wade or IT2..more Wade cause he’s cheaper

I think Wade is questionable.

• MrPerfekt7

Kyrie in

• frugal

A few general stats worth considering tonight:

1. 4 of the 5 teams who allow the highest opponent rebounds are playing tonight. In order of opponent boards allowed: BRK, LAL, ORL, and PHO.

2. ORL, CLE, and ATL are tied allowing the the 4th highest opponent FG% of 47.4 with PHO right behind them at 47.1.

3. The 6 teams which allow the most opponent points in the paint are playing tonight. In order of points allowed: ORL, LAL, HOU, CLE, GS, and PHO. Conversely the Lakers also score the most points in the paint.

4. PHO allows the 2nd highest opponent fast break PPG, MEM the 4th most, and GS the 5th most. Conversely GS, LAL, OKC, and PHO are top 5 in fastbreak points scored per game.

• elving188

• Blogger of the Month

@7klub06 said...

Kyrie in

GOOD!

Anyone gonna actually play him? GPP

• Syzltuth

Mock me if you must but I’ll have Ryan Anderson in my lu tonight. Bkn has been soft vs pf including giving up 3’s which he likes to throw. I also bought into his color blindness narrative all season so the black and white court should help with this I’d assume. I kind of wish he didn’t have the big last game vs cle to keep his ownership even lower but he’ll be low owned even though.

• elving188

• Blogger of the Month

@frugal said...

A few general stats worth considering tonight:

1. 4 of the 5 teams who allow the highest opponent rebounds are playing tonight. In order of opponent boards allowed: BRK, LAL, ORL, and PHO.

2. ORL, CLE, and ATL are tied allowing the the 4th highest opponent FG% of 47.4 with PHO right behind them at 47.1.

3. The 6 teams which allow the most opponent points in the paint are playing tonight. In order of points allowed: ORL, LAL, HOU, CLE, GS, and PHO. Conversely the Lakers also score the most points in the paint.

4. PHO allows the 2nd highest opponent fast break PPG, MEM the 4th most, and GS the 5th most. Conversely GS, LAL, OKC, and PHO are top 5 in fastbreak points scored per game.

Thanks brother!

Really interesting. Definitely taking that into account as a I start my research!

• yountingly

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #33

RG Tiered Ranking

@frugal said...

Winning a GPP I will agree requires a great deal of luck. Cashing in GPP’s consistently is skill.

agree completely. Rather annoying to hear it’s all luck as often as I do.

That late slate should be some fun. I think I’ll have to play it.. (rarely do)

• elving188

• Blogger of the Month

@Syzltuth said...

Mock me if you must but I’ll have Ryan Anderson in my lu tonight. Bkn has been soft vs pf including giving up 3’s which he likes to throw. I also bought into his color blindness narrative all season so the black and white court should help with this I’d assume. I kind of wish he didn’t have the big last game vs cle to keep his ownership even lower but he’ll be low owned even though.

• elving188

• Blogger of the Month

@yountingly said...

agree completely. Rather annoying to hear it’s all luck as often as I do.

That late slate should be some fun. I think I’ll have to play it.. (rarely do)

Same here. Only doing the late on FD!

Let’s see if one of us can bink it!

• bbeast

@frugal said...

Jarrett Allen

I’m with you on Allen tonight. Zeller gone, rotation should be a lot tighter at C now. I think BKN is giving these guys some run to see what they have.

• MrPerfekt7

No Delly or Brogdon, could this be a good spot for Sterling Brown tonight

• bbeast

I’m rolling with Stephen Curry and Ben Simmons as my highest salary guys tonight. Nobody else under $5k at the moment. Lot of good spots on this slate. Don’t have any players from BOS/TOR/NYK/MIL.

• elving188

• Blogger of the Month

Oh snap! 100k to 1st tourney on FD late..$7 there goes all my monies

• MinusEV

@damionismyname said...

Well, 90% seems a bit aggressive. Did you know that 78% of all statistics are made up?

And we were talking about cashing not winning.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).