NBA FORUM

Comments

• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

7:00 PM EST : Brooklyn ( 10.5 ) at Charlotte ( -10.5 ) —- T: 217
    8:00 PM EST : Orlando ( 11 ) at Houston ( -11 ) —- T: 223
    8:30 PM EST : Portland ( 1 ) at Dallas ( -1 ) —- T: 204.5

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NBA thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. Please make it a point to say if you’re talking about Cash or GPP options.

• frugal

@Garpeters said...

For those of you who play on Yahoo, what scores should you shoot for with regards to GPP and cash. I recently made an account, but its so different salary wise that I’d like to make sure I’m correct in my thoughts.

You will need 300+ to win the $1 multi-entry contest, rarely less, sometimes as high as 350. ~260 should beat the 50/50 cash line on most nights.

• California_Cool

Also keep an eye on the DAL lineup. If Dirk does play, and they go with Mejiri starting, that pushes Matthews back to the 2, and I want none of CJ in that case. Wes Matthews when healthy is a elite defender, and has shut him down in one on one matchups. If they go small with Curry guarding him, total green light.

• XxHeisenbergxX

Well I bought my lottery ticket. The beard is on it…I don’t see how he cannot be. I don’t see anyone from Portland going off tonight. Just my opinion and Kemba I am tired of watching him stink up the joint.

• frugal

@elementasrat said...

Meh, I’m not buying it. It’s freaking Dirk.

FWIW, Dallas doesn’t try to beat C’s in the post when they start Dirk at C. They work on keeping the player out of the post position and disrupting the passing lanes. If it’s a C that’s eating Dirk, they shift Barnes onto the C with a double team (and on the double they shift the D so the open player is on the weak side with no passing lane). Some C’s can still destroy them, Plumlee may have a good game but I doubt he’s going to have some type of career performance as Dallas will go to Mejri to stop any bleeding if it gets bad. Their team defense is actually solid this season for the first time in years.

• hardrocker61

so is Zeller out for sure?

• chatmar

Put a DK LU together without Harden with 3 stud Point Guards and I only come up with a projection of 246 FTPs. I don’t know how I can get close to 300 FTPS. Any advice would be helpful.

• monarch

@California_Cool said...

Also keep an eye on the DAL lineup. If Dirk does play, and they go with Mejiri starting, that pushes Matthews back to the 2, and I want none of CJ in that case. Wes Matthews when healthy is a elite defender, and has shut him down in one on one matchups. If they go small with Curry guarding him, total green light.

Why can’t Wes Matthews guard CJ in either scenario? Is that like illegal defense or something

• hcassidy

@XxHeisenbergxX said...

Well I bought my lottery ticket. The beard is on it…I don’t see how he cannot be. I don’t see anyone from Portland going off tonight. Just my opinion and Kemba I am tired of watching him stink up the joint.

Kemba was sick the last game he played in and I haven’t see anything otherwise to say he is still not feeling the affects, so he is out for me as well.

• Kuhn2632

@dandub9 said...

Well, “no skill” happens to be my middle name. I’ll will gladly be the one to take it down.

Today is my birthday. So my whole lineup is a lock for 8x. I just wish I had a bobble head to guarantee 9x and taking down the gpps

• Garpeters

@frugal said...

You will need 300+ to win the $1 multi-entry contest, rarely less, sometimes as high as 350. ~260 should beat the 50/50 cash line on most nights.

Thank you ! That is basically what I thought

• California_Cool

@monarch said...

Why can’t Wes Matthews guard CJ in either scenario? Is that like illegal defense or something

Because Curry doesn’t have the size to cover a guy like Evan Turner, giving up 5’ inches

• billholler

@hcassidy said...

Tonight for a 3 game slate, it feels odd on the injury front. Basically all the injury updates coming out are for tomorrow’s games. Is this a sign, should we all take the night off?

This happens every day and aggravates the hell out of me. I’m sitting around waiting on DFS alerts to be sent to my phone and they want to tell me about a dude that may play tomorrow night.

• billholler

@California_Cool said...

giving up 5’ inches

Now we are speaking my language.

• Epignosis

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #99

RG Tiered Ranking

@chatmar said...

Put a DK LU together without Harden with 3 stud Point Guards and I only come up with a projection of 246 FTPs. I don’t know how I can get close to 300 FTPS. Any advice would be helpful.

The cash line is not going to be as high as it usually is due to it being a very small slate.

• 7klub06

Zeller is out

• monarch

@7klub06 said...

Zeller is out

According to who?

• BUFUu2

@Epignosis said...

The cash line is not going to be as high as it usually is due to it being a very small slate.

i agree i think the cash line will be in the 260 tonight just because there will be a couple blow outs and a slow as hell pace game…. Good star and scrubs night if you ask me powell,hamilton, lamb baby sign me up and watch me fall lol

• monarch

He’s warming up and Clifford says he’s a GTD. Unless their HC is slipping you some inside info

• California_Cool

@monarch said...

According to who?

He’s still listed as a GTD. He’s shooting around now. If a no go, the tank will start as expected.

• hcassidy

@billholler said...

This happens every day and aggravates the hell out of me. I’m sitting around waiting on DFS alerts to be sent to my phone and they want to tell me about a dude that may play tomorrow night.

Don’t let DK hear you say that, they may not let you play….lmao. Was the main reason they got rid of late swap, so they keep telling me.

• billholler

@7klub06 said...

Zeller is out

If he plays, this is the kind of post that can get you booted from here.

• monarch

If he’s out go and grab as much Marvin Williams as you can

• Syzltuth

@Kuhn2632 said...

Today is my birthday. So my whole lineup is a lock for 8x. I just wish I had a bobble head to guarantee 9x and taking down the gpps

If you just moved into a new house that will help your odds as well apparently.

• billholler

@monarch said...

If he’s out go and grab as much Marvin Williams as you can

I assumed Zeller was going to be out so I equally dispersed Williams and Frank.

• mrmogz

@gaelicgirl said...

Many mentions of DK points. Aren’t DK points inflated compared to FD points? Haven’t played DK in over a year, I forget…thanks!

The points aren’t really inflated, only difference in the regular stats is I believe FD is 1.2 for a rebound where DK is 1.25. The big differences are that DK gives a Ddbl and TDbl bonus, and turnovers are -.5 instead of -1.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).