NBA FORUM

Comments

• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

7:00 PM EST : Brooklyn ( 10.5 ) at Charlotte ( -10.5 ) —- T: 217
    8:00 PM EST : Orlando ( 11 ) at Houston ( -11 ) —- T: 223
    8:30 PM EST : Portland ( 1 ) at Dallas ( -1 ) —- T: 204.5

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NBA thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. Please make it a point to say if you’re talking about Cash or GPP options.

• mrmogz

@Ccon33 said...

Again, read the response. What I said was top 20%. Idk,I thought you play to win…..Must be just me.🤔

Your argument doesn’t make sense though. Top 20-25% is a min cash. 350+ as I mentioned already is in the 1 percentile or even lower tbh.

• BPhillips44

@gausman7 said...

Not lately. Unfortunately. 350 and up usually gets you in the top 20%

I have cashed the last 3 nights in GPP’s with 303,329,309. If your first number starts with a 3 you are in good shape most nights

• hewhoshallnotbenamed

@winnerchickendinner said...

If you take harden on dk then pick up nene for your punt.3100 and can get you about 4x value

Do you see nene getting that many minutes tonight?

• moped_jones

“Yogi’s price has sky rocketed”.

Has it ever. I thought “Wow, this will be a nice little value play for a while”. In a week he went from out of the league…….to $3500 (on FD) to $6100.

• dp33071

If you fade Harden you basically have to go with McCollum, and he has potential to hit 45-50 fantasy points.

• dunbarnation

@gausman7 said...

I think Kemba ownership is gonna be ridicolous at home vs. Brooklyn (as it should be). If you can get Lillard to play like he used to and keep the GTD designation, have Kemba play like a donkey while you fade him, and stay away from Beard…you may be able to take home 1st place alone……………or you will score 179 pts and preach about how being contrarian is often times a heartbreaking disaster.

Lol it will have to be that type of lineup. I do find that it is always the most obvious lineup that wins tonight because too many of us will focus on trying to be contrarian

• moped_jones

I had 307 and didn’t cash last night. Recently had a 319 and didn’t cash either. But you are right, most of the time 300 will keep you in the running on FD GPP’s.

• draped

since people like to talk about vegas lines and blowouts this RG article gives some basic numbers. pretty much what you would expect vegas is pretty damn good at getting ~50% outcomes on their spreads. nothing too mind blowing.

https://rotogrinders.com/articles/how-good-are-we-at-predicting-blowouts-1718123

• Kujo2020

@Rachelynn51912 said...

sick of seeing the pro’s in the $1 100 mans… I joined 3 different 100 man $1s and Assanni had 5 lineups in each…. so stupid..

Yeah, flat out ridiculous. It shouldn’t be allowed imho. So annoying.

• tarheelsrule44

Stacking Portland vs Dallas, hoping for low ownership and for OT. Also hoping the other two are blowouts.

• TrustinthePlan

@moped_jones said...

Foul trouble killed me last night. Seemed like Bledsoe and Jokic had two fouls already during pregame warmups.

Killed me too last night. I think Bledsoe and Jokic walked onto the court with 2 fouls thats how fast they picked them up. Then Boogie getting canned did me in in all my gpps.

• moped_jones

@Rachelynn51912 said...

sick of seeing the pro’s in the $1 100 mans… I joined 3 different 100 man $1s and Assanni had 5 lineups in each…. so stupid..

You’re mad at them for being good? Instead of being mad at them why don’t you learn from them by studying their lineups?

• Dirt_Lavert

in 3 games vs the Nets this year Kemba hasn’t hit more than 40 DKP.

Maybe a game theory play to avoid him and take other players (Marvin, MKG, Kaminsky) and hope that’s where the points go.

Also, if no Zeller I figure Kaminsky is the play. But Miles Plum did get 18 minutes last game and had 18 DKP. He’s 3k, think he’s a candidate to hit 6 x if Zeller doesn’t play too.

• Kyley5

What size Gpp are you playing to not cash with 300+??

• Dndeals15

@Ccon33 said...

I didn’t say to just cash,I said top 20%. You can cash with 260 or so. But just barely and with no consistency

My question is how do you consistently score in the 300’s Ive hit 300 plus 3xs with no optimizers or anything like that. I just don’t understand how to place consistently- when I look at the top scores people have players you didn’t even know existed and its like how did you know to play this person. Ive lost about $50 in 4days playing daily $4 $3 $2 and even .25cent matches. I need some advice on how to play the right games – im on the verge of retiring until playoffs or football season

• Syzltuth

@clrockny24 said...

kind of a noob question, but does a score of 280-290 get you anything in any game on draft kings? playing some free games recently and getting those scores, and just wondering. thanks

I cashed in the $1 and one last night with a 282.50 so most nights I’d say your scores would get you min cash in gpp’s. Def need mid 300’s to earn any real money though

• Ccon33

This is why I don’t really post much. Youguys over analyzing every little bit of what is posted. What I’m saying is it’s really tuff to consistently cash with a score under 300. Especially in the freebies. Trust me, I know from playing every day. Low buy in and free GPP. You can cash with the score but not with any regularity. In hindsight, maybe top 20% is wrong. My mistake. But thanks for the discussion, makes me feel like I’m not alone. Lol.😂

• moped_jones

@Kyley5 said...

What size Gpp are you playing to not cash with 300+??

If you are talking to me…I play either the 3 max entry swat or the single entry $1 dribbler on FD. If I’m feeling bold I will play the $3 or $4 Clutch.

• BUFUu2

f it making one with lillard/harden/lamb/ and beli

• Chewy00

@gausman7 said...

This is an exaggeration in my experience. On DK you don’t need 350 to cash in a GPP. Just not true

I cashed in a $1 gpp in the game slate last night. First was in the 300 point range and I was at 282. Wasn’t much but it was cashing.

• Ccon33

@Dndeals15 said...

My question is how do you consistently score in the 300’s Ive hit 300 plus 3xs with no optimizers or anything like that. I just don’t understand how to place consistently- when I look at the top scores people have players you didn’t even know existed and its like how did you know to play this person. Ive lost about $50 in 4days playing daily $4 $3 $2 and even .25cent matches. I need some advice on how to play the right games – im on the verge of retiring until playoffs or football season

Oh I so wish I knew myself, I’m in the same boat. While I’ve had good nights. Consistency is tuff to come by. Especially when you have kids ,job,etc…..

• draped

@TrustinthePlan said...

Killed me too last night. I think Bledsoe and Jokic walked onto the court with 2 fouls thats how fast they picked them up. Then Boogie getting canned did me in in all my gpps.

ya similar story for me last night. Cousins/Jokic/Booker = no good :(. but today is a new day.

• Dndeals15

@Ccon33 said...

Oh I so wish I knew myself, I’m in the same boat. While I’ve had good nights. Consistency is tuff to come by. Especially when you have kids ,job,etc…..

exactly- I agree 100%
    I just hear ppl saying they win so much and they have the perfect formula. Pay me $80 and Ill show you or join here and get exclusive content for $45 a month and its like NO. I think I know basketball Im am good at fantasy. Just not good at this.

Thanks for the reply

• ScoLuns

• Blogger of the Month

Biggest question I’ve got is which player is going to be “out” tonight with no mention of rest or injury. I’ve picked THREE of such players in the last week.

• moped_jones

@fcurev said...

Here is my blog for today. Another will be posted Thursday about how to “DFS and Dad”.

Thank you again for the 1.5 point assist with the award. It was a huge pick me up for me personally and I feel very honored.

Enjoy!

https://rotogrinders.com/blog-posts/a-cautionary-tale-on-why-we-should-never-delete-our-initial-lineup-build-1720939

I don’t know why I stopped doing this, but I the night before I do a quick 5 minute (often drunk) lineup and enter it 3 times into the 3 max swat. Then the following morning I would do my research and change two of the lineups based off my research. I would keep my original lineup just to see how my 5 minute drunken LU did against the heavily researched lineup.

Often times the 5 minute drunken LU would be 10-15 points higher. I need to start doing that again. I won’t today b/c of the short slate and I’m only playing two lineups (one with Harden and one without). But I might do that tomorrow with the larger slate. I enjoyed your article and look forward to reading more.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-Gambler (NJ/WV/PA), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO) or 1-800-BETS OFF (IA). 21+. NJ/PA/WV/IN/IA/CO/IL only.