NBA FORUM

Comments

• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

7:00 PM EST : Brooklyn ( 10.5 ) at Charlotte ( -10.5 ) —- T: 217
    8:00 PM EST : Orlando ( 11 ) at Houston ( -11 ) —- T: 223
    8:30 PM EST : Portland ( 1 ) at Dallas ( -1 ) —- T: 204.5

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NBA thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. Please make it a point to say if you’re talking about Cash or GPP options.

• frugal

@elementasrat said...

People need to learn that not every player needs to hit 6x for you to win a GPP. It’s a TEAM. 8 roster spots. If Harden gets you 50 but your punts get 10x, you can still win a GPP.

Any combination of players going off can win a tourney. However, on a short slate when a player taking such a significant portion of your cap has a dud it’s very hard to make up ground as that second player going off is likely owned in lineups without the stud as well (unless we’re talking about an extremely low owned min salary player completely blowing up).

• jrizzo6

If you aren’t playing 100% Harden in the 4 dollar then I thank you for your donation

• zline34

$50k on a 3 gamer again. Just lol at DK’s thought process.

• deerosa

@billholler said...

No one get their panties in a wad but last season someone joked about making an all white guys LU. I did it that night and cashed. Made an almost all whiteish LU but had to use Harden and really like it.

All Euro team as well, including Schroder**

• draped

@zline34 said...

$50k on a 3 gamer again. Just lol at DK’s thought process.

idk why everyone is saying this. you all are complaining how bad 3 game slates are, so how do you think they get people to want to play it? Hint: it involves $$$

• billholler

@elementasrat said...

People need to learn that not every player needs to hit 6x for you to win a GPP. It’s a TEAM. 8 roster spots. If Harden gets you 50 but your punts get 10x, you can still win a GPP.

I say this all the time but no one ever listens because they are stuck with the idea that every player has to get you 6x value for you to have a chance. A 12k guy getting you 5x value is way more important than a $3500 guy getting you 8x value.

• xEnvayNe

@erizos17 said...

Of course he’s floor is higher than most players ceiling. Everyone knows that. Thats why he costs 5K more than anyone on the slate. Can you answer one question i have now? If Harden scores between 40 and 50 points how exactly are you cashing in a tournament let alone make some decent money unless his ownership is 50%? What im trying to say and we agree here is have decent exposure to Harden but not 100% exposure

To me on this slate specifically his ownership doesn’t matter to me because say Batum, McCollum, and Harden all go for 40 or 50 points.
    What does it matter if ones 20% ones 10% and ones 70% you got the same amount of points from them so unless that money you saved from paying down to the other two translates to 20 more points at C or PG(which is where I would assume you would pay up) that you payed up for who will also be around 20-30% owned it doesn’t matter.

Harden is projected at 70% ownership and cash line in GPP’S is around 20%.

Either way you’re right we do agree I have 10 LU’s and Harden is in 9 of them. So not 100% lol but nothing in life is ever 100% guaranteed!

• Dndeals15

@Stickman731 said...

I think you need some bank roll management – I play 4-6 LU most nights 2-4 GPP and 2 CASH line (double up) – I always play my cash LU in low price GPPs just in case I hit higher scores. MY GPP line-up I typically include a few PUNTS (high upside guys). I play primarily because I love BBall and it keeps me interested in other players.

The very first time I played I hit for $800 in a $1GPP and thought this was too easy. I hold me own and stay consistent in my entries. I recommend playing the free entries on DK and putting them in GPP until you hit your stride.

thank you for the support-
    Im taking notes-
    my biggest payday came in NFL this season Ive been playing with their money for 2 year. but im running low and need a win otherwise I might be done. I don’t like donating my money lol

• draped

@billholler said...

I say this all the time but no one ever listens because they are stuck with the idea that every player has to get you 6x value for you to have a chance. A 12k guy getting you 5x value is way more important than a $3500 guy getting you 8x value.

this just isn’t true. if you actually looked at winnings lineups everyday and maybe even kept track of them you would know that only 3% of players hit below 5x value and only 10% hit below 6x value in the winning lineup for the DK four point play over the past two months. And most of those are lower salary guys.

EDIT: I was referring to the first sentence. the second one is obviously true that the more expensive guy you have the more important it is that they hit a multiplier.

An example of this is actually yesterday where Lavoy Allen was in the winning lineup but got only 4.4x value, everyone else in the lineup had 6x+

• astauty

@jrizzo6 said...

If you aren’t playing 100% Harden in the 4 dollar then I thank you for your donation

• billholler

@draped said...

idk why everyone is saying this. you all are complaining how bad 3 game slates are, so how do you think they get people to want to play it? Hint: it involves $$$

It’s a profit scheme!!! I knew it!!

• AdamTheBolt

@billholler said...

No one get their panties in a wad but last season someone joked about making an all white guys LU. I did it that night and cashed. Made an almost all whiteish LU but had to use Harden and really like it.

I did that last week, posted about it in here and it was my only lineup to cash. Total fluke but funny nonetheless.

• zline34

@draped said...

Let’s do a $100k on a two gamer next…it’s fucking stupid that’s why…

• monarch

I’m playing Harden with tempered expectations. I think it is important to roster Pat Bev, Ariza and Capela. Harden is going to try and get those guys going instead of bullying his way through the longer, more athletic Aaron Gordon. Ariza has been in an awful rut but he should get wide open looks against Fournier and the same can be said for Pat Bev.

• AdamTheBolt

@monarch said...

I’m playing Harden with tempered expectations. I think it is important to roster Pat Bev, Ariza and Capela. Harden is going to try and get those guys going instead of bullying his way through the longer, more athletic Aaron Gordon. Ariza has been in an awful rut but he should get wide open looks against Fournier and the same can be said for Pat Bev.

So Harden will only have 20 pts but will also have 20 assists and 10 boards.

• wuchild97

Random question: Small slate vs Large slate contest selection advice. Anyone have a link to article on most optimal types of game to play. Im mostly a cash player just curious as to statistics on Double Ups vs H2H vs 50/50s vs GPP on SPECIFICALLY small vs large slates. thanks

• billholler

@draped said...

this just isn’t true. if you actually looked at winnings lineups everyday and maybe even kept track of them you would know that only 3% of players hit below 5x value and only 10% hit below 6x value in the winning lineup for the DK four point play over the past two months. And most of those are lower salary guys.

It absolutely is true in most cases and yes I pay attention and play every night on multiple slates. Last night was a rare occasion as the stars went off and the winning GPP lineups for full slate all had a scrub that did almost nothing.

BTW, I won all my double ups last night in the later slate with Paul Zisper getting me a whopping 5.5 points. One of those was an 11 player double up with papagates and ChipotleAddict who ironically had the exact same LU.

• billholler

@AdamTheBolt said...

And that would be 70ish points and I will take it.

• 7klub06

@monarch said...

Aaron Gordon will be on Beard

Don’t see that Happening

Gordon has to hold Ariza
    Ibaka on Anderson
    Vuc on Clint
    So you left with Elf and Evan

• draped

@billholler said...

It absolutely is true in most cases and yes I pay attention and play every night on multiple slates. Last night was a rare occasion as the stars went off and the winning GPP lineups for full slate all had a scrub that did almost nothing.

BTW, I won all my double ups last night in the later slate with Paul Zisper getting me a whopping 5.5 points. One of those was an 11 player double up with papagates and ChipotleAddict who ironically had the exact same LU.

I mean I just gave you statistics on why its not true. but you can ignore that I guess, that’s fine with me. and im not seeing how winning double ups has anything to do with what we were talking about.

EDIT: I guess its about time to just log off of this forum for a bit and wait for some logical people to sign on.

• monarch

@7klub06 said...

Don’t see that Happening

Gordon has to hold Ariza
    Ibaka on Anderson
    Vuc on Clint
    So you left with Elf and Evan

Gordon guarded him in Orlando, he’s one of the best wing defenders in the league. Ariza stands in the corner for the entire shot clock, I could guard him.

• 7klub06

But I can see Gordon in a LU since he is cheap

• bigkino217

lol no chance im ever having 100% exposure to a guy over 13k

• erizos17

@elementasrat said...

Yeah its so easy to get 4 4K players who will get you 10x each. Wow how didnt i think of that lol

• KindGuy

@AdamTheBolt said...

I’ll take that all day. Add some steals and 3’s and we’re golden.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).