• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

7:00 PM EST : Brooklyn ( 9 ) at Detroit ( -9 ) —- T: 209
    7:30 PM EST : Houston ( -4.5 ) at Miami ( 4.5 ) —- T: 211
    8:00 PM EST : Minnesota ( -3.5 ) at Cleveland ( 3.5 ) —- T: 221
    8:00 PM EST : Utah ( -7.5 ) at Memphis ( 7.5 ) —- T: 202
    8:00 PM EST : Indiana ( 0 ) at New Orleans ( 0 ) —- T: —
    10:30 PM EST : San Antonio ( 0 ) at Phoenix ( 0 ) —- T: —

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NBA thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• Link
    • Last Updated 3 years ago
  • Orangeflow

@dolphinkick182 said...

It’s right in their rules of play:

“For one day MLB, Basketball, NHL and Soccer contests, if the postponed game is played on the same day then you will receive points for your players in those games as normal. If a game is postponed to a later date or called off for any reason, any players you have selected for that game will receive zero points”.

I’m guessing that DK and Yahoo don’t clearly state that in their rules and that is why people think they should be compensated. But for me, it’s easy, all spelled out in English and I accepted it when I plopped down my $1100.

Please dont say you were in charge of customer service anywhere at anytime in your life. That is a poor approach.

Doing the right thing…….thats what impresses people.

• deactivated66527

@cjs5555 said...

i just deposited on yahoo for the first time and am looking at their scoring structure for research. and i emailed DK to let them know if they don’t refund me, I’m off them.

If they increase their prize pools by a good amount for NFL next season, I’m fully switching over.

• XxHeisenbergxX

@cjs5555 said...

yeah, i think that’s the difference. you know from feeling whether it’s your own fault or you were screwed.

Your right even when I play NBA and I roster glass and I know there is a 70% chance he slams the toilet seat on his dick and has to sit out and I get a big fat 0 I know the risk I’m taking. This is just absurd and people who don’t deserve to win tonight are …I just don’t see how that is fair.

• elving188

• Blogger of the Month

@cjs5555 said...

i raise capital for a living. sometimes you suck it up to make your clients/partners happy and it will pay you back much more in the long term. DK apparently hasn’t learned that lesson.

Exactly. To me, it’s not even a question. If I was running things, that is.

• tbird05

@MinusEV said...

DK and FD are very poor and failing companies. They probably can’t afford it, and Yahoo will reap Huge benefits from this one night. I know I’m going to check it out tomorrow and open an account

you really think this will make Yahoo the new FD or DK?

• cjs5555

@tbird05 said...

if enough people switch, yes.

• MinusEV

@tbird05 said...

It’s going to get them new customers 100%…… Unless FD and DK start giving out refunds, which is pretty unlikely

• elving188

• Blogger of the Month

@tbird05 said...

No, they’re not going to just blow up like that. But it does help them. And they are certainly getting a handful of new customers.

• fluffynuggets

Long-time lurker; rare contributor, here.
    Customer service is of prime importance! Those that provide it (Yahoo, FantasyDraft) deserve business. Those that do not, deserve to drown in their massive debt.
    I have emailed DK to initiate removal of my winnings – so that they may be put to use where my traffic is appreciated. Never played Yahoo before; but damn well gonna give it a shot now.
    YOU HAVE A VOICE (no matter how small)!!! Tell the “big boys” their ever-increasing rake, and atrocious customer relations can/will be replaced. Go where you’re valued; prize pools will follow.

• cjs5555

i guess we’ll find out tomorrow when DK and/or FD decide to speak up. honestly i feel bad for their customer service people tonight…. they were thrust into a bad situation and obviously the executive leadership had probably gone home for the day and were indecisive.

• cjs5555

@fluffynuggets said...

YOU HAVE A VOICE (no matter how small)!!! Tell the “big boys” their ever-increasing rake, and atrocious customer relations can/will be replaced. Go where you’re valued; prize pools will follow.

just opened my yahoo account and deposited. whether i make a withdrawal on DK tomorrow depends upon their response.

• deactivated66527

There is no way Yahoo remains underground and the “third wheel” forever with DK and FD continuing to struggle to make a profit & going through PR nightmares every month

• dolphinkick182

@Orangeflow said...

Brilliantly put.

It wasnt our fault.

But it is your fault when someone withdraws from a golf match…interesting. What if 3 people in the same LU withdraw? Still your fault or the company running the tournament?

• XxHeisenbergxX

I’m going to check out Yahoo or maybe I’ll join one of those year leagues to keep me busy. This was fun during the winter for entertainment and to have a little action…i am not a huge fan of winter horse racing and don’t really get back into that until March..tonight just fully soured me on dfs.

• cjs5555

@dolphinkick182 said...

But it is your fault when someone withdraws from a golf match…interesting. What if 3 people in the same LU withdraw? Still your fault or the company running the tournament?

you play a guy and he withdraws after lock for whatever reason, that’s a risk we signed up for. An indoor NBA game weather cancellation? entirely different.

• Link
  • eatmyturf23

@Orangeflow said...

Youre more than doubling your money BECAUSE this game was postponed guy!

Some people are just silly and need to think before they type.

Yes, why did you type and not think? I had money in this postponed game and still cashed. It didn’t increase my win likelihood, it put me on par still with everyone else. I thought this made sense. I was more likely to lose, yet didn’t. (And no LBJ for me btw)

• Link
  • MinusEV

DK and FD ruined their business a long time ago. A few years back, when you couldn’t turn on the tv with out seeing a commercial for one of them, they got a huge influx of customers. But they have a shit biz plan, they let a small group of pros with monster bankrolls mass enter every single tourney for with out giving the average joe a place to play and have a shot at winning. So everyone left….

Now they Really depend on the mass entry pros just to keep the doors open because their customer retention is worse than a hooker with herpes.

• eKing

“If you had 1 player from IND/NO game, we’ll refund you 20% of your entry fees for those lineups that did not cash. 2 players would be 30%. 3 players would be 40% and so on.” Just make a policy like this, quit being lazy. Not only would sites earn trust, but they would not have to do a freeroll, worry about fairness of freerolls (high rollers having same odds as $1 players) and only take a partial loss. They’re too lazy. There needs to be rules in place to protect us from these fluke occurrences, because it is a terrible way to lose money.

• Orangeflow

@dolphinkick182 said...

I would even be happy with entry tickets instead of cash. Every entry containing those players that DID NOT cash should be refunded in form of entry tickets or cash. Not LPPs cause theyre worth near nothing on the dollar.

3 people? It was a late game…….and ENTIRE game cancelled.

Cancel the last 3 days of a 4 day golf tournament and then pay out on that. See my point?

• Orangeflow

@eatmyturf23 said...

Yes, why did you type and not think? I had money in this postponed game and still cashed. It didn’t increase my win likelihood, it put me on par still with everyone else. I thought this made sense. I was more likely to lose, yet didn’t. (And no LBJ for me btw)

For lineups heavy in that contest…….possibly wouldve wiped out half of your winnings. Viola!

• XxHeisenbergxX

@dolphinkick182 said...

You making the final decision with your money the player you chose started to play what happens after that is out of our control…if I bet a horse and the jock falls off at the top of the stretch it’s bad luck and my fault for picking that horse..the incident itself isn’t my fault but the horse loaded into the gate and started in the race once he comes out of the gate what ever happens happens…and you know that when you lay the money down.

Edit: no matter how crooked horse racing is when it comes to wagering they always do the right thing…if races are cancelled in the middle of the race card due to weather or track condition all bets are refunded and if you are involved in an exotic wager such as pick 4 or pick 6 your are given a consolation.

• Link
  • cjs5555

@Orangeflow said...

I would even be happy with entry tickets instead of cash. Every entry containing those players that DID NOT cash should be refunded in form of entry tickets or cash. Not LPPs cause theyre worth near nothing on the dollar

I would totally be happy with that. replace my entries with equivalent tickets.

• MinusEV

@elving188 said...

No, they’re not going to just blow up like that. But it does help them. And they are certainly getting a handful of new customers.

Snowball effect my man…. FD and DK will be a thing of the past sooner than later. Like Blockbuster and MySpace….. A better system, and companies, will wipe them away.

• fluffynuggets

I have to start early. As I’ve not made deposits before on these sites, it is anticipated there will be hoops to jump through to get my winnings from DK – so I can do my first deposit (on Yahoo).
    Will happily take from the the callous behemoth, and try out the site that (at least pretends) to give a shit.

• dolphinkick182

@cjs5555 said...

you play a guy and he withdraws after lock for whatever reason, that’s a risk we signed up for. An indoor NBA game weather cancellation? entirely different.

How so? You didn’t know it could happen? If you took 1st place in a GPP tonight because you didn’t take anyone from that game, would you demand that the company take your winning back because it was unfair?

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).