• Blogger of the Month

7:00 PM EST : Dallas ( 0 ) at Washington ( 0 ) —- T: —
    7:00 PM EST : Memphis ( 0 ) at Philadelphia ( 0 ) —- T: —
    7:30 PM EST : Atlanta ( 0 ) at Boston ( 0 ) —- T: —
    8:00 PM EST : Toronto ( -1 ) at Indiana ( 1 ) —- T: 218.5
    9:00 PM EST : Houston ( 0 ) at Phoenix ( 0 ) —- T: —
    10:00 PM EST : Miami ( 0 ) at Sacramento ( 0 ) —- T: —
    10:30 PM EST : Portland ( 8.5 ) at Utah ( -8.5 ) —- T: 226.5

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterday’s games will be moved to yesterday’s NBA thread. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

• Seyedaed

@gausman7 said...

maybe get away from 150 lineups and focus on the max-20 entry contests. 150 max is a losing proposition for most unless you have a masterful optimizer and can handle dramatic swings.

i like they way you think. Do you feel that max 20 lineups are way easier to win though?

• gausman7

@jsul1975 said...

I agree that the fun is gone in cash games. Where is everyone getting the same lineup from? I see a lot of people with the Simplify DFS logo, then I see 4000 of the same lineup last night in the $2 double ups.

There are some very popular optimizers—-LineupHQ by RG being one of them. A large group of players follows it in cash.

• gausman7

@Seyedaed said...

i like they way you think. Do you feel that max 20 lineups are way easier to win though?

I don’t know about easier to win, but there are more manageable swings.

• Pandamonious

• 2020 Blogger of the Month

@gausman7 said...

Starting today with Harden and running it back with Booker. I like Eric Gordon as an auxiliary piece and I am on C. Wood at 6K on DK. RG is projecting him for 30 minutes and his motivation should be high to prove he is the guy. Beyond these plays, need to see how the slate shapes up. I really like this core 4 though.

I’m probably wrong, since that’s been the trend, but I’ll be floored with shock if by lock you’re paying 6K for Christian Wood against OKC. There will be so many better plays with value by then.

It’s tankin’ season!

• gausman7

@Seyedaed said...

the 100 person leagues where top 12 get paid are a good place to go to get better at your process in my experience.

• gausman7

@Pandamonious said...

I’m probably wrong, since that’s been the trend, but I’ll be floored with shock if by lock you’re paying 6K for Christian Wood against OKC. There will be so many better plays with value by then.

It’s tankin’ season!

You’re probably right. There is going to be a ton of action prior to lock and likely some good low priced ceiling plays. Wood could very easily get thrown to the wayside in a fairly tough matchup.

• jsul1975

I beat the trains on most nights but then again if you don’t beat the train you’re not cashing.

• mbunner23

@gausman7 said...

There are some very popular optimizers—-LineupHQ by RG being one of them. A large group of players follows it in cash.

Those optimizers are killing DFS.

• gausman7

@mbunner23 said...

Those optimizers are killing DFS.

I think I’m in agreement. The issue is that they win over time. How can you expect people not to use them when they’re winning in cash at a 60% clip? I don’t think it’s a problem that can be solved, we just need to find a way to work with it.

• raul214

Tired of it always being one player that ruins it lol…i had 317 with rondos big 2.5 lol , I had some sick lines too.

• yisman

updated championship odds:

Los Angeles Lakers
    +260
    Milwaukee Bucks
    +300
    Los Angeles Clippers
    +325
    Houston Rockets
    +1250
    Miami Heat
    +1700
    Denver Nuggets
    +1800
    Utah Jazz
    +1850

• Herf

@raul214 said...

Tired of it always being one player that ruins it lol…i had 317 with rondos big 2.5 lol , I had some sick lines too.

Rondo and Pat C. did me in.

• Seyedaed

@gausman7 said...

I don’t know about easier to win, but there are more manageable swings.

what do you mean by manageable swings?

• ferrara316

@Herf said...

Knox with his 2.5 killed me last night too

• Seyedaed

what do you mean they win at 60% clip. are you saying they just all run the standard optimizer then they cash

• Herf

I know little to nothing about NHL… well to prove a point I put some money into a few NHL contests and I won money in one of them and overall. I couldn’t tell you more than five people that play hockey in the ENTIRE league. But just using the value report, the DraftKings expected chalk on RW, and luck, I was able to win. I think that I have a decent chance in that perspective because I am not picking “Big Name” players or using emotion to select players.

• Unico10

RG Overall Ranking

@yisman said...

updated championship odds:

Los Angeles Lakers
    +260
    Milwaukee Bucks
    +300
    Los Angeles Clippers
    +325
    Houston Rockets
    +1250
    Miami Heat
    +1700
    Denver Nuggets
    +1800
    Utah Jazz
    +1850

Did you leave the Raptors out or their odds are worse than Utah?

• monarch

@Herf said...

I had a 297 on DK with Rondo and Pat C. I think I could have flipped that into Coby/Hutchison which would have been a contender but I’m too dumb to play chalk.

• gausman7

@Seyedaed said...

what do you mean by manageable swings?

Depending on contest choice, with 20 max entry (let’s say $4 entry), you have $80 in play. If you go 0-20, you are down $80. That’s a bad night, but the down“swing” is not horrible.

Same example, you play 150 max entry ($4 entry), your core misses and you win 10-150, you’re down $584. That’s a disastrous down“swing”.

Once your process is better, you can increase your entries. My belief is that until I have a more consistent process, don’t go crazy and try to MME with the top dawgs. I would rather find a core I believe in, and build 5-20 lines around said core.

I’m sure others think differently…this is just my particular way of thinking.

• sochoice

• 2017 DraftKings FBWC Finalist

• 2017 FanDuel WFFC Champion

Too much injury news to even properly think about this slate. Putting NBA on hold until 5:30pm.

• gausman7

@Seyedaed said...

what do you mean they win at 60% clip. are you saying they just all run the standard optimizer then they cash

The final optimizer (final changes prior to lock) has been winning more than 60% of the time of late.

• frugal

First thoughts without running numbers:

KP I think will sit and this is a great spot for Kleber, DFS, and Brunson.

DET players are traps. Give me Schroder.

All the Harden, all the Ayton. Don’t make me laugh with Ayton won’t get minutes due to matchup garbage. Ayton isn’t a 5th option like Lakers C’s he’s arguably their best player and IMHO will be the #1 option on offense tonight. Game stack in play here if the salaries align.

Dragic in a great spot.

Going light on Lillard tonight.

• superstars92

@gausman7 said...

The final optimizer (final changes prior to lock) has been winning more than 60% of the time of late.

What was it yesterday? Because it’s not the one everyone had right?

• Unico10

RG Overall Ranking

@frugal said...

Going light on Lillard tonight.

Let me down big time yesterday…. thought the pvs game was a blip. He was also my “early day lock” that caused many other poor decisions

• frugal

@Unico10 said...

Let me down big time yesterday…. thought the pvs game was a blip. He was also my “early day lock” that caused many other poor decisions

To be clear, I think he’s going to start going off again, I just don’t think tonight’s the night against the UTA D (and I know he just exploded against them). Feb 11 vs NO where hopefully his price dips after a few bad games is going to be the day to hop back on and I think he has a solid stretch for the next 4 of blow up games.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).