• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

8:00 PM EST : Boston ( -4 ) at Milwaukee ( 4 ) —- T: 207.5
    8:00 PM EST : San Antonio ( -7 ) at Miami ( 7 ) —- T: 193.5
    8:00 PM EST : Washington ( 1.5 ) at New York ( -1.5 ) —- T: 207
    8:30 PM EST : Utah ( 2 ) at Dallas ( -2 ) —- T: 184.5
    10:30 PM EST : Houston ( 0 ) at Golden St ( 0 ) —- T: —

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. Please make it a point to say if you’re talking about Cash or GPP options

• dailyfinancialsports

@fcurev said...

this might be the worst thread for the entire nba season so far…might be done reading this until people stick on topic and actually discuss/debate etc. been pretty weak for the past few days

Agreed.

• thedkexperience

@fcurev said...

this might be the worst thread for the entire nba season so far…might be done reading this until people stick on topic and actually discuss/debate etc. been pretty weak for the past few days

Fair point. In that case please tell me why I should reconsider my 50% exposure to Andrew Bogut. Is is because he sucks or because I need to find a faster way to light $5 on fire?

• DFSNewbie

I am thinking about paying up for Curry and Wall when the majority will try to go cheap in that position. I don’t believe this strategy is the way to go but if both have 60+ FPTS, then I will need my scrubs to hit 5-6 times. I don’t believe that many scrubs will go off so I might actually change my LU lol

• dailyfinancialsports

FanDuel / Cash

Curry’s ownership numbers in cash games should be above 50%, however, there are other PGs on the slate worth rostering at a lower price point. Is there an argument to be made that going elsewhere at PG is actually the better strategy given the overall improvements you could make to your roster and the fcat that Curry will be guarded by Beverly? Or do you think his ownership % in cash games makes it a better strategy to build around Curry and maybe forgo choosing a guy like Melo, Harden, or Green instead?

• coach232

• Blogger of the Month

@Agent47 said...

Don’t mean to sound like a jerk…but do you have anything to contribute other than a complaint? Just one or two pages back, I shared some thoughts/data on why I like Nowitzki tonight, and at least 1 person chimed in on that. I’ve seen the same for other players, too. There’s some fluff in here every day (some of it funny, some not so much), but I don’t see anything wrong with people having some fun here or there.

great observation on DIrk Kudo’s. I mean when does a fourm ever stay on topic. IJS

• RecEm2014

I think you have to pay for Dwight tonight

With that. Brewer or Barnes —- Fanduel GPP

• Craigg13

@Agent47 said...

Not trying to discourage you from using Draymond, but I believe Curry missed that game where Green scored 59.8 DK pts.

I didn’t check for that. I was looking to see if Dwight played. Thanks.

• xdan3220

@thedkexperience said...

Fair point. In that case please tell me why I should reconsider my 50% exposure to Andrew Bogut. Is is because he sucks or because I need to find a faster way to light $5 on fire?

I’m right there with you on Bogut. He has 4 games this year when he has played 30+ minutes, one of which was Houston when he played 36 his high for the year. on FD he is priced at only $4,200 I like him for about 28 fps tonight and I don’t have a 40 pt projection on any Center tonight so at that price he really lets you spend up elsewhere without falling far behind at center.

• coach232

• Blogger of the Month

@DFSNewbie said...

I am thinking about paying up for Curry and Wall when the majority will try to go cheap in that position. I don’t believe this strategy is the way to go but if both have 60+ FPTS, then I will need my scrubs to hit 5-6 times. I don’t believe that many scrubs will go off so I might actually change my LU lol

If it was a bigger slate I would fade Curry. Tonight I will play either Wall or Curry just have to deal with the high ownership%

• thedkexperience

@dailyfinancialsports said...

FanDuel / Cash

Curry’s ownership numbers in cash games should be above 50%, however, there are other PGs on the slate worth rostering at a lower price point. Is there an argument to be made that going elsewhere at PG is actually the better strategy given the overall improvements you could make to your roster and the fcat that Curry will be guarded by Beverly? Or do you think his ownership % in cash games makes it a better strategy to build around Curry and maybe forgo choosing a guy like Melo, Harden, or Green instead?

I agree with you on Curry and cash. With that said I have to assume the highest ownership of the day will be Melo. Gotta remember that 95% of players don’t do more than 10 minutes worth of research and he is more name recognition than any other SF tonight by a wide margin. Normally I’d say Harden but the GTD tag will suppress ownership.

• kmart35

Any bucks fans have insight on Jabari’s rebounding? I know as a team they’re great but I’m thinking Amir can bully Jabari on the offensive glass and easily go for 15&12 or something tonight.. thoughts?

• frugal

@thedkexperience said...

I agree with you on Curry and cash. With that said I have to assume the highest ownership of the day will be Melo. Gotta remember that 95% of players don’t do more than 10 minutes worth of research and he is more name recognition than any other SF tonight by a wide margin. Normally I’d say Harden but the GTD tag will suppress ownership.

Melo also has a great matchup, wings against Washington for $$$.

• dailyfinancialsports

@thedkexperience said...

Right now my core for cash is Curry, Melo, and Monroe. I like this core for GPPs as well. I usually only make one lineup but on a slate like this I am considering making separate cash and GPP for the first time. I really can’t find any way to fit Harden into a LU I like.

• Craigg13

@frugal said...

Melo also has a great matchup, wings against Washington for $$$.

Thoughts on Iguodela tonight. Have him in a couple of DK LUs right now.

• xdan3220

FanDuel / Cash

I have 100% Curry across cash and GPP tonight on Fanduel. I think Neto will be 50% which is crazy to me, the guy has a floor of under 5 fps. Pairing Curry with Beverly makes a lot of sense to me in cash, think that is basically a 75 pt floor with upside. In GPP’s I’m more inclined to pair Curry with Smart for additional upside.

• SCARMENTO

FanDuel / Cash

i did this last night and faded rwb and durant with noone above 10k and cashed. I think this is the way to go considering the amount of money you can spend else where on players who should either hit their value or exceed it through mismatches or increased minutes from injuries. Tonights slate has some pretty defensive teams so the chances on the punts going off or even touching value are tough and itll give you a big edge on the field when curry/harden/wall barely reach value. could go the other way as we all know.

• bignish

@xdan3220 said...

I have 100% Curry across cash and GPP tonight on Fanduel. I think Neto will be 50% which is crazy to me, the guy has a floor of under 5 fps. Pairing Curry with Beverly makes a lot of sense to me in cash, think that is basically a 75 pt floor with upside. In GPP’s I’m more inclined to pair Curry with Smart for additional upside.

Floor of 5? He’s going to play around 35 minutes, you don’t think he’s capable of dishing out a few dimes and grabbing some rebounds? He’s paid off his current price tag the last 5 games on DK.

I think Draymond is more of a must than Curry personally but it’s a tough decision.

• frugal

@SCARMENTO said...

i did this last night and faded rwb and durant with noone above 10k and cashed. I think this is the way to go considering the amount of money you can spend else where on players who should either hit their value or exceed it through mismatches or increased minutes from injuries. Tonights slate has some pretty defensive teams so the chances on the punts going off or even touching value are tough and itll give you a big edge on the field when curry/harden/wall barely reach value. could go the other way as we all know.

Yep, my best lineups last night had neither RWB nor Durant. However, on big slates balanced makes more sense than on shorter slates especially with 2 games with the Jazz and Heat. Definitely going to have at least 1 lineup with Curry.

• xdan3220

@bignish said...

Floor of 5? He’s going to play around 35 minutes, you don’t think he’s capable of dishing out a few dimes and grabbing some rebounds? He’s paid off his current price tag the last 5 games on DK.

I think Draymond is more of a must than Curry personally but it’s a tough decision.

Against Charlotte he played 20 minutes and had 3.2 fps. His last 4 games with these increased minutes have been against Phoenix, Milwaukee, Denver and Chicago. Each of which either plays at a much higher pace, or has a much worse defensive efficiency than Dallas or both. I’d imagine he will go for more than 5 points but realistically what is his ceiling? Maybe 22 fps I just don’t see any appeal in him.

• Storm

Any idea how many minutes Marreese Speights gets?

• SCARMENTO

@frugal said...

Yep, my best lineups last night had neither RWB nor Durant. However, on big slates balanced makes more sense than on shorter slates especially with 2 games with the Jazz and Heat. Definitely going to have at least 1 lineup with Curry.

If you can properly target two guys who will exceed value to say 6-7x and the only way to have them in a LU is to fade anyone over 10K then it seems to give you a better edge then having Curry for 45ish. That 2-3K can be used elsewhere where you know the player has a better chance of hitting value. Klay Thompson seems like the play on GSW side and maybe Speights for a punt.

• bignish

@xdan3220 said...

Against Charlotte he played 20 minutes and had 3.2 fps. His last 4 games with these increased minutes have been against Phoenix, Milwaukee, Denver and Chicago. Each of which either plays at a much higher pace, or has a much worse defensive efficiency than Dallas or both. I’d imagine he will go for more than 5 points but realistically what is his ceiling? Maybe 22 fps I just don’t see any appeal in him.

There’s a huge difference in playing 20 minutes or 35 minutes. Players that play a full compliment of starter minutes are much more likely to get their shot in rhythm and play within the flow of the offense. That’s why bench players are so hot or cold-their shot is usually either on or its not.

I’ve literally never heard of anyone playing for 35 minutes and only putting up 5 FPs. Dallas in 25th in DvP vs. PGs by the way although I’m not sure how much that matters for a guy like Neto who has very low usage.

• Dgogal7

Jose? I’m taking my chances rolling with Clyde the glyde and mourning

• frugal

@bignish said...

There’s a huge difference in playing 20 minutes or 35 minutes. Players that play a full compliment of starter minutes are much more likely to get their shot in rhythm and play within the flow of the offense. That’s why bench players are so hot or cold-their shot is usually either on or its not.

I’ve literally never heard of anyone playing for 35 minutes and only putting up 5 FPs. Dallas in 25th in DvP vs. PGs by the way although I’m not sure how much that matters for a guy like Neto who has very low usage.

With Burke and Burks out, Neto will certainly flirt with 6X+ as he has over the last 5 games due to the massive minutes he’ll play. Not sure if some guys are dissing him to try and get people off him or if they really think he’s going to completely bust. I just don’t see the bust happening.

• Craigg13

I just put together a LU with Harden, Curry, and Wall. Really pushes me to the SAC/MIA game. Need Whiteside, Deng, and Haslem to be downgraded, maybe see more Winslow.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).