• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

7:00 PM EST : Houston ( -4 ) at Charlotte ( 4 ) —- T: 224
    7:00 PM EST : Philadelphia ( 4.5 ) at Orlando ( -4.5 ) —- T: 211.5
    8:00 PM EST : Cleveland ( -2 ) at Okla City ( 2 ) —- T: 218
    8:30 PM EST : Utah ( -2 ) at Dallas ( 2 ) —- T: 192
    10:30 PM EST : Boston ( 1.5 ) at Portland ( -1.5 ) —- T: 220.5

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NBA thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. Please make it a point to say if you’re talking about Cash or GPP options.

• draped

@Garpeters said...

It is simply something he brought up to make people aware of, does not mean it will happen. This forum is for discussion, and he brought up a completely valid point that with all the questions tonight with regards to Cleveland players, could potentially happen. Nobody knows what will happen, Thompson could play 40+ minutes or 10 seconds, the point is that he brought up a logical point that does have evidence to back up.

last comment on this before im done.

the point of whether it was the last time the big 3 rested vs last season is HUGE for me if I was considering TT. if he did it the last time I would think its pretty probable he is doing it this time. but since he hasn’t done it for awhile or even with this roster im not worried about it at all.

• draped

with Eric Gordon Questionable im thinking Sam Dekker is a good pivot off of CLE. CHA gives up a lot of threes too.

• KillaChap

Honestly, Cleveland needs to be punished for this garbage. Not sure how, or what the league could do but if they rest the “Big 3” and TT, then they are basically telling the fans to go to hell. I get resting 1 guy here and there like Pop, or even limiting minutes, but this is clearly not in the interest of those who pay the salaries of everyone who works for that organization.

• frugal

@Njsum1 said...

First off, not sure why you quoted my thoughts on Covington then went on to give your breakdown of the entire slate. IMO it would have made more sense to address my thoughts on Covington in one post, then give your breakdown of the slate in another post, but OK.

Second, some players have up and down games, yet are generally predictable in certain situations, given covingtons DK price,role, and expected minutes, I stand by my initial assertion, regardless of the outcome.

Not sure why on a fairly short slate superbuckwild is recommending fading Covington, perhaps site dependent salary. Yes, he has a history of inconsistency, but we’ve seen the results of the usage bump he gets with Embiid out. He’s averaged 32.9 FP at a Yahoo salary of $23 over the last 2 weeks with a 52.9 upside and 20 low. Presuming he’s going to see Jeff Green defense, I agree that Covington is a solid play tonight.

• moped_jones

@MPDR1983 said...

I would like to give a big thank to Kyle Lowry for fuc%ing up my entire LU last night. Could if won so much more but instead I walk away with 6 bucks!

Same, but Michael Carter Williams in place of Lowry (actually, for some reason I never miss on Lowry)

• Barnold89

I did the same but if I’m rostering one high prices stud tonight it’s harden

• Garpeters

As I keep looking through this slate, I believe the best move would be to fade the OKC v. CLE game. I do not see a way in which this game remains close which puts Westbrook, Oladipo and any other OKC players at a much lower ceiling. And for Cleveland, I don’t think that any of the players available will reach into the 30 fpts, maybe Frye or Thompson, but that would be best case scenario. Also thinking fading Harden is beneficial to lineup construction.

• tim51278

@Garpeters said...

As I keep looking through this slate, I believe the best move would be to fade the OKC v. CLE game. I do not see a way in which this game remains close which puts Westbrook, Oladipo and any other OKC players at a much lower ceiling. And for Cleveland, I don’t think that any of the players available will reach into the 30 fpts, maybe Frye or Thompson, but that would be best case scenario.

Who will they play in a blowout? I mean who else is on depth I think McRae and Felder could easily see 30 min. Korver prob not and Frye could see 25 or so in a blowout.

• DirkDigglerz

Westbrook will score more

• draped

@Garpeters said...

As I keep looking through this slate, I believe the best move would be to fade the OKC v. CLE game. I do not see a way in which this game remains close which puts Westbrook, Oladipo and any other OKC players at a much lower ceiling. And for Cleveland, I don’t think that any of the players available will reach into the 30 fpts, maybe Frye or Thompson, but that would be best case scenario. Also thinking fading Harden is beneficial to lineup construction.

interesting idea. I think that would be a nice contrarian way to go. fading RWB and Harden and CLE. my only question is where are you spending your money? its only a 5 game slate, so on DK it would have to be IT/Lillard or are you thinking fading all the value and going super balanced (batum/vuc/gobert/McCollum/etc)?

• Epignosis

RG Overall Ranking

The correlation I’m seeing is that before Aaron Gordon played significant minutes, Robert Covington produced 33+ DK points against the Magic. Once Gordon started playing, Covington hasn’t topped 30 since. Without Gordon, Covington is an enticing play.

• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

Mod Note

I have moved the league talk into the appropriate thread, which can be found here: https://rotogrinders.com/threads/dfs-leagues-and-or-friends-mode-1401763?page=6

We created that thread specifically for any league posts and to keep it out of the daily threads. Thanks for understanding.

• FDDough

@MPDR1983 said...

Anyone else do more DFS work at work than the real work you should be doing? Or is that just me haha

lmaooooo Monday through Friday my man, Monday through Friday lolol

• Russhawk

Harkless, Korver or Belinelli? Who has the best night?

• tim51278

IT/Amir or Lillard/Ibaka?

• Njsum1

@Epignosis said...

The correlation I’m seeing is that before Aaron Gordon played significant minutes, Robert Covington produced 33+ DK points against the Magic. Once Gordon started playing, Covington hasn’t topped 30 since. Without Gordon, Covington is an enticing play.

Take it a step further….In the previous two games versus Orlando this season with Gordon, Embiid played in both and covington only played 25 minutes, yet still averages 20 DK points. He now plays 35 minutes, Embiid is out, and only costs 5400. Yes the play is sweeter without Gordon, yet it would still be sweet with gordon playing. Now let’s just hope he doesn’t disappoint in this choice spot.

• DirkDigglerz

I’m all in on Vucevic revenge game factor. He always shows up versus the sixers

• Garpeters

@tim51278 said...

Who will they play in a blowout? I mean who else is on depth I think McRae and Felder could easily see 30 min. Korver prob not and Frye could see 25 or so in a blowout.

I see your point, and it makes sense if everything goes best case scenario and the Cavs don’t end up scoring only 70 points in a blow out. I think this slate is a pay up at point guard with Thomas and Lillard in great positions, as well as Walker and Hill in not bad spots. And same goes for SG with regards to McRae, I will probably not go any lower than Fournier today at SG. I’ll be paying down at SF and probably one of my PF spots.

• Garpeters

@draped said...

interesting idea. I think that would be a nice contrarian way to go. fading RWB and Harden and CLE. my only question is where are you spending your money? its only a 5 game slate, so on DK it would have to be IT/Lillard or are you thinking fading all the value and going super balanced (batum/vuc/gobert/McCollum/etc)?

Balanced is looking like in my opinion the best way to attack this slate. I’m really liking Lillard and Thomas for PG, and Fournier for SG especially without Gordon. I also think Vuc is in a great spot against Okafor and that porous Sixers front court, a 20 pt 10 reb double double is highly likely. Personally, I think Covington is under priced right now. That ORL v. PHI game could be a sleeper for some great picks tonight.

• KillaChap

@Garpeters said...

I see your point, and it makes sense if everything goes best case scenario and the Cavs don’t end up scoring only 70 points in a blow out. I think this slate is a pay up at point guard with Thomas and Lillard in great positions, as well as Walker and Hill in not bad spots. And same goes for SG with regards to McRae, I will probably not go any lower than Fournier today at SG. I’ll be paying down at SF and probably one of my PF spots.

Hill is in a terrible spot and did nothing against the Mavs last time he played them. And I love Hill.

• hpatel1089

walker did score 40+ FD against Hous last time up and Beverley played that game as well

• draped

@KillaChap said...

Hill is in a terrible spot and did nothing against the Mavs last time he played them. And I love Hill.

ya but he gets yogi defense now and PG/SG combos (starting and bench) have been doing decent vs yogi and seth. I think hill is a fine play not good but fine.

• Garpeters

Yogi is a terrible defender, and at $6100 on FD I can see him returning 6x value and would be a way to get off Lillard, Walker and Thomas who most will play together tonight.

• xEnvayNe

Got 3 LU all the same except for C. Just switched out between Gobert, Horford, and Vuc.

• yountingly

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #43

RG Tiered Ranking

@hpatel1089 said...

walker did score 40+ FD against Hous last time up and Beverley played that game as well

Kemba been so bad last few so I think I’m fading him tonight. Maybe trot him in a game stack but that’s it.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-Gambler (NJ/WV/PA), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO) or 1-800-BETS OFF (IA). 21+. NJ/PA/WV/IN/IA/CO/IL only.