• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

7:00 PM EST : Houston ( -4 ) at Charlotte ( 4 ) —- T: 224
    7:00 PM EST : Philadelphia ( 4.5 ) at Orlando ( -4.5 ) —- T: 211.5
    8:00 PM EST : Cleveland ( -2 ) at Okla City ( 2 ) —- T: 218
    8:30 PM EST : Utah ( -2 ) at Dallas ( 2 ) —- T: 192
    10:30 PM EST : Boston ( 1.5 ) at Portland ( -1.5 ) —- T: 220.5

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NBA thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. Please make it a point to say if you’re talking about Cash or GPP options.

• Garpeters

@draped said...

ya but he gets yogi defense now and PG/SG combos (starting and bench) have been doing decent vs yogi and seth. I think hill is a fine play not good but fine.

Exactly, I said him and Walker are not in bad spots, but especially Hill with Yogi defense.

• Chewy00

Whos starting for the 3 cle sitters!! In Play?

• billholler

Just seems like one of those nights where 4 guys priced under 4k will be in the winning GPP lineups with 2 of the 3 studs. Which 4 will it be?

• Ryan61290

@tim51278 said...

IT/Amir or Lillard/Ibaka?

Lillard/Ibaka

• KillaChap

@draped said...

ya but he gets yogi defense now and PG/SG combos (starting and bench) have been doing decent vs yogi and seth. I think hill is a fine play not good but fine.

Good point. I actually think Kemba is due for a bounce back too.

• billholler

The Cavs situation just doesn’t seem right. Why rest your starters when you only have 4 games in the next 2 weeks? Do they just not consider Boston or Washington to be legit threats this season?

• KillaChap

@billholler said...

The Cavs situation just doesn’t seem right. Why rest your starters when you only have 4 games in the next 2 weeks? Do they just not consider Boston or Washington to be legit threats this season?

Because LeBron is a pansy and, well, I can’t really understand the other 2 sitting. It’s tanking to get a lower playoff seed or something? Either way, it’s disgusting for the integrity of the game. (yes, I’m fired up about it.)

• xdan3220

Looking at the last two games that OKC was involved in that were true “blowouts” it is fairly easy to fade them IMO. In the game they won, they beat LAC by almost 30 and all the starters but Roberson maxed out at 29 minutes, they got 100 minutes from their bench players. Westbrook got 55 FD points in that one, the only player that was usable besides him was Kanter. So perhaps Louvergne is a guy that should get an extra look tonight since he has taken Kanters role (though he is a poor mans version).

Their other “blowout” game they lost against Chicago again all the starters but Roberson maxed out at 29 minutes. Obviously very small sample size but if you think the game will be a blowout, and I do, your best bet may be avoiding all Thunder, save perhaps Louvergne.

• KillaChap

Stop talking about Roberson…

• 7klub06

So is RWB a must play since the big 3 will be out or is he a pass? Also Oladipo or Roberson?

• moped_jones

@KillaChap said...

Honestly, the only guy I’m in love with that I need to be talked out of is Hayward. He’s been on fire lately.

I’ll help you. The Mavericks are faster when Yogi plays.

• KillaChap

How funny would it be if we find out that only LeBum is sitting tonight? It would make this entire thread worthless.

• ASitar

Tonight’s GPP winners will have that one guy that no ones talking about that usually gets 15-20 minutes and ends up getting 25-30 tonight. Who is it gonna be. Like everyone else on here I have Fournier, Hayward, Ibaka, Vuc, Covington. Having all the guys we’re talking about will win you $6.

• nateW

Ha ha. Cavs big three resting against RW. He must be insulted by that. Thunder no longer a team other teams feel they need to play and prove anything. If it was the Warriors on a b2b, Cavs would definitely be playing tonight.

• squidkill

@KillaChap said...

Because LeBron is a pansy and, well, I can’t really understand the other 2 sitting. It’s tanking to get a lower playoff seed or something? Either way, it’s disgusting for the integrity of the game. (yes, I’m fired up about it.)

They can do whatever the hell they want. They are the defending champs and are banging out the arena on a daily basis. These guys are older and injury prone-players, the NBA is a grind. The more they stretch them out in the regular season the better they will be for it in May/June- Nobody in the East is knocking them off as it stands today- they could give 2 craps about seeding. Could be the 5th seed and roll…. Come on now. And the NBA could care less if it affects your DFS lineups.

• Supersharpie

CJ/Ersan or Batum/Ibaka for GPP?

• xdan3220

Allen Crabbe, take a look at the minutes in games Evan Turner has missed. 30 minutes was the minimum, could be higher against Boston since they don’t play big, will be lower owned than Korver, Felder and McRae.

• superbuckwild

• Blogger of the Month

@Njsum1 said...

First off, not sure why you quoted my thoughts on Covington then went on to give your breakdown of the entire slate. IMO it would have made more sense to address my thoughts on Covington in one post, then give your breakdown of the slate in another post, but OK.

Second, some players have up and down games, yet are generally predictable in certain situations, given covingtons DK price,role, and expected minutes, I stand by my initial assertion, regardless of the outcome.

I apologize, I did not realize I had committed such a wrong. Perhaps you should change your name to Post Officer, how much is my ticket for?

• nateW

Welp, time to spend hours figuring out my lineup that probably won’t cash maybe win me a few bucks if anything. Lol.

• KillaChap

@squidkill said...

They can do whatever the hell they want. They are the defending champs and are banging out the arena on a daily basis. These guys are older and injury prone-players, the NBA is a grind. The more they stretch them out in the regular season the better they will be for it in May/June- Nobody in the East is knocking them off as it stands today- they could give 2 craps about seeding. Could be the 5th seed and roll…. Come on now. And the NBA could care less if it affects your DFS lineups.

Yeah, Kyrie certainly is old. The NBA is a grind, that’s for sure and a lot of fans pay good money (as do advertisers for these nationally televised games) to see the stars play for their very large salaries (paid for by the fans and ad revenue.) If the league is going to stop teams from intentionally fouling bad foul shooters for the sake of the fans, they need to do something about this too. I personally don’t have any problem with it from a DFS standpoint though, nor have I implied as much. I do like that defending champs narrative; still thinking last year means anything especially since with essentially the same team, Lebum was crying for a playmaker to help him.

Please respond accordingly next time.

• zpa1989

does zeller being back puts kaminsky out of play at 4900 on FD? the matchup is good. just don’t know how the minutes will shake out with zeller back plumlee in the mix too. im thinking minutes in the low to mid 20’s? can he hit 30 with that?

• Ronboogie6

I know everyone hates playing Ryan Anderson, but he is MUCH better away than at home.
    Per ESPN

Min- Home; 29.6 / Away; 31.7
    3pt%- Home; .306 / Away; .458
    ppg- Home; 10.5 / Away; 16.6

Sorry if you play him and busts but I will have him. Those number differences are crazy.

• colb24

Is it crazy to play dame Thomas vuecic and Cj all together in cash I need a win tonight been a rough week

• yanksfan1

How are you sorting out the Cleveland value?

• squidkill

@KillaChap said...

Yeah, Kyrie certainly is old. The NBA is a grind, that’s for sure and a lot of fans pay good money (as do advertisers for these nationally televised games) to see the stars play for their very large salaries (paid for by the fans and ad revenue.) If the league is going to stop teams from intentionally fouling bad foul shooters for the sake for the sake of the fans, they need to do something about this too. I personally don’t have any problem with it from a DFS standpoint though, nor have I implied as much. I do like that defending champs narrative; still thinking last year means anything especially since with essentially the same team, Lebum was crying for a playmaker to help him.

Please respond accordingly next time.

Missing my point man- Kyrie was the (injury guy) defending champs was in reference to the sold out arena every night. Nobody cares in the NBA they never have. They still make their ginormous salaries and dopes will still keep on coming each night. that’s all fella

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-Gambler (NJ/WV/PA), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO) or 1-800-BETS OFF (IA). 21+. NJ/PA/WV/IN/IA/CO/IL only.