• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

7:00 PM EST : Houston ( -4 ) at Charlotte ( 4 ) —- T: 224
    7:00 PM EST : Philadelphia ( 4.5 ) at Orlando ( -4.5 ) —- T: 211.5
    8:00 PM EST : Cleveland ( -2 ) at Okla City ( 2 ) —- T: 218
    8:30 PM EST : Utah ( -2 ) at Dallas ( 2 ) —- T: 192
    10:30 PM EST : Boston ( 1.5 ) at Portland ( -1.5 ) —- T: 220.5

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NBA thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. Please make it a point to say if you’re talking about Cash or GPP options.

• 7klub06

@ASitar said...

Tonight’s GPP winners will have that one guy that no ones talking about that usually gets 15-20 minutes and ends up getting 25-30 tonight. Who is it gonna be. Like everyone else on here I have Fournier, Hayward, Ibaka, Vuc, Covington. Having all the guys we’re talking about will win you $6.

Crabbe, Marco, Lamb, Jeff Green

• tonytone1908

So everyone is talking about which CLE scrub to play. I see a good play or 2 on the other side. Could the CLE scrubs keep it somewhat close and OKC’s starters play their normal minutes or do we see bench guys for OKC get upgrades while starters get downgraded?

There’s some great min salary options at SF tonight.

• yanksfan1

Anyone like Harkless now that he’s starting again?

• KillaChap

@squidkill said...

Missing my point man- Kyrie was the (injury guy) defending champs was in reference to the sold out arena every night. Nobody cares in the NBA they never have. They still make their ginormous salaries and dopes will still keep on coming each night. that’s all fella

Much better. I get what you’re saying, I just don’t accept it. I guess growing up watching old school guys play just makes me expect more out of role models and athletes. I am willing to wager a large sum of money that you can get a ticket to any regular season basketball game for less than $20.

• tonytone1908

@KillaChap said...

Stop talking about Roberson…

my thoughts as well

• superbuckwild

• Blogger of the Month

@frugal said...

Not sure why on a fairly short slate superbuckwild is recommending fading Covington, perhaps site dependent salary. Yes, he has a history of inconsistency, but we’ve seen the results of the usage bump he gets with Embiid out. He’s averaged 32.9 FP at a Yahoo salary of $23 over the last 2 weeks with a 52.9 upside and 20 low. Presuming he’s going to see Jeff Green defense, I agree that Covington is a solid play tonight.

I love Covington as a tournament play, I was just commenting on the fact that he is NOT a safe cash play. He is the opposite of safe, he has 50 upside but can also throw out a 5 – 10 FD night as well. Even in Notorious’ breakdown for tonight’s slate, he mentioned that there is a huge difference between his ceiling and his floor. I was just simply making a comment about using Safety and Covington in the same sentence.

• machzeagher

@tonytone1908 said...

my thoughts as well

Because he is your super sneaky play of the day? Or just a bad play? I see guys on here mention him from time to time but never actually rostered him myself.

• hardrocker61

Is Felder any good-anyone?

• tonytone1908

@machzeagher said...

Because he is your super sneaky play of the day? Or just a bad play? I see guys on here mention him from time to time but never actually rostered him myself.

I love him tonight. everyone looking at CLE scrubs. Great last couple games. People on Green. I plan on double punting SF myself. I think he’ll get good minutes tonight.

• frugal

@squidkill said...

They can do whatever the hell they want. They are the defending champs and are banging out the arena on a daily basis. These guys are older and injury prone-players, the NBA is a grind. The more they stretch them out in the regular season the better they will be for it in May/June- Nobody in the East is knocking them off as it stands today- they could give 2 craps about seeding. Could be the 5th seed and roll…. Come on now. And the NBA could care less if it affects your DFS lineups.

I agree they can do what they want. But disagree with the rest. We’ve had decades of players have no issues playing B2B or even B2B2B (yep, their used to be these as well). Why? Because players didn’t have the power to sit out games and it was also looked down upon as you either didn’t have the conditioning or the competitive spirit to suit up. Of course, the game is different today but I’d argue it was far more physical in the past. Now, I do understand older players sitting out games but sitting out 3 of your starting 5? No, that is a slap in the face to the fans who pay to see the games and without the fans there is no money to pay those giant salaries.

Regarding no one in the east beating them, I tend to agree though we have seen them hit rough patches defensively and as you said they are old and injury prone. Celtics might be a real threat. Anything can happen in the playoffs and IMHO if home court is within reach, you should do your best to secure.

• joeyhawk42

Is it ok to have
    Dirk
    Yogi
    Wes Matthews
    On same tournament team? If not who would you suggest getting rid of and for who at there price points? DK

• superbuckwild

• Blogger of the Month

I just wanted to comment about all the posts regarding my comment about Tristan Thompson playing a few minutes earlier in the year. It did happen once at the end of last year for them to continue his streak and earlier this year, they had intended to do it again when the other three were sitting, the coach even said it was the intention and then something happened to force their hands into playing him later in second half of the game. I follow basketballmonster.com for all of my updates on twitter and honestly they are really good and I follow Rotogrinders as well and specifically remember rostering Tristan Thompson that day and being pissed off because a couple of minutes after lineup lock they announced they were going to do that. I apologize for not being completely accurate with my posting. I take pride in giving out valuable information and I wanted to at least let people know on this forum that this was a possibility. We are all playing with hard earned cash and want to make decisions based on as much information that we can get. I again apologize for forgetting about the fact that they later decided to play him, but I do think it is important to know that this IS definitely a thing that they have done and obviously would be willing to do again if the possibility arises

• Stickman731

@MPDR1983 said...

Anyone else do more DFS work at work than the real work you should be doing? Or is that just me haha

Hopefully you are using cellular minutes and not the companies WIFI. ;) Everything is visible back to an IP address. Even anonymous engines can be seen.

• kettab24

guys just fade the cle value and go balanced…a balanced lu will win tonight…plenty of midrange guys with high upside u don’t need harden or Westy to win tonight

• hobbes2d

@zpa1989 said...

does zeller being back puts kaminsky out of play at 4900 on FD? the matchup is good. just don’t know how the minutes will shake out with zeller back plumlee in the mix too. im thinking minutes in the low to mid 20’s? can he hit 30 with that?

I think Kaminsky will get solid minutes regardless in a pace up game.

• hobbes2d

@7klub06 said...

Crabbe, Marco, Lamb, Jeff Green

Marco, Lamb, Lauvergne, Iso Joe and Meyers Leonard.

• draped

how do you guys feel about Vuc $7700 vs Ibaka $6800 on DK? please explain like I’m 5 yrs old. thanks.

• deerosa

@Ronboogie6 said...

I know everyone hates playing Ryan Anderson, but he is MUCH better away than at home.
    Per ESPN

Min- Home; 29.6 / Away; 31.7
    3pt%- Home; .306 / Away; .458
    ppg- Home; 10.5 / Away; 16.6

Sorry if you play him and busts but I will have him. Those number differences are crazy.

@ IND
    01/29
    35 27 7 0 0 1 0 37.4

I took a chance with him @ Indy and it paid off for me :)

• Stickman731

@KillaChap said...

Good point. I actually think Kemba is due for a bounce back too.

Normally, I love Kemba @home but today I think he will be getting the Pat Bev treatment; thus I am fading to Batum as the key CHA player.

• JRite2003

Anybody wanna get some of that Dario Saric with me?

• NarrowJ

Nik Stauskas has had some good games recently. Just had 37.25 DK off the bench yesterday. Good pivot from CLE guys. I like Lamb against the HOU 2nd unit too.

• Stickman731

@7klub06 said...

So is RWB a must play since the big 3 will be out or is he a pass? Also Oladipo or Roberson?

You need to weigh the risk of a blowout and him playing less than 28 mins. I like Oladipo on DK but not FD. I did not discuss Roberson – LMAO.

• hobbes2d

@draped said...

how do you guys feel about Vuc $7700 vs Ibaka $6800 on DK? please explain like I’m 5 yrs old. thanks.

I think Ibaka is fools gold tonight but that’s just me. :)

• draped

@hobbes2d said...

I think Ibaka is fools gold tonight but that’s just me. :)

why?

• frugal

@superbuckwild said...

I love Covington as a tournament play, I was just commenting on the fact that he is NOT a safe cash play. He is the opposite of safe, he has 50 upside but can also throw out a 5 – 10 FD night as well. Even in Notorious’ breakdown for tonight’s slate, he mentioned that there is a huge difference between his ceiling and his floor. I was just simply making a comment about using Safety and Covington in the same sentence.

Ah, I see.

Since I do not create cash and tournament lineups typically being a single lineup player, I don’t segregate the 2 and instead focus on generating the most possible points based on my projections. FWIW, I calculate standard deviation for every player on each slate based on their performances over the last 2 weeks (Yahoo scoring). Tonight Favors (8.3), Walker(12.7), R Anderson (3.8), Ibaka(7.5), and Thompson(8.6) have all had a game significantly worse than Covington (20) over the last 2 weeks. Covington also has had the best game of that group at 52.9, Walker 2nd with 52.5. All these guys have a large STDDEV due to the their generally inconsistent play.

The safest players on the slate over the last 2 weeks are Eric Gordon (if he plays) with a very low STDDEV of 3.6,AVG 25.48, MAX 29.7, MIN 20.2 and Montrezl Harrell with a crazy low STDDEV of 2.98, AVG 17.85, MAX 20.9, MIN 15.1 (though the game just before the sample period he had a horrendous -1).

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-Gambler (NJ/WV/PA), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO) or 1-800-BETS OFF (IA). 21+. NJ/PA/WV/IN/IA/CO/IL only.