NBA FORUM

Comments

• Pandamonious

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #80

RG Tiered Ranking

• 2019 Blogger of the Month

I figured I would start a basic, fresh NBA thread to hold everyone over through the weekend who wanted to discuss basketball without getting into Tuesdays slate.

• monarch

Looking forward to Wednesday.

I think we see some breakout stars early this season. Zach Lavine is a player that I’ll be on. He might join Beal and Booker in terms of what he can do on a given night. Also like Bam to a lesser extent. Ayton of course.

There are a lot of really good breakout candidates that I probably lean a bit more balanced on full slates outside of always looking to get to Harden.

• kbsktbll88

• Njsum1

To quote the great Clubber Lang…

“Prediction”……

• zpruitt3

Miami to the ECF

• chrisbanas

Very excited to see Ayton. I expect big stuff opening night for him versus the Kings

• Smallchimp

What nugget of truth is going to take a few slates for people to digest? In NFL this season, it’s been learning that Miami players really aren’t viable. What is the general pop (and maybe some of us) going to lag on adjusting to?

• tmarohl

Predictions – East Playoffs
    Bucks
    76’ers
    Celtics
    Toronto
    Miami
    Orlando
    Indiana
    Brooklyn/Detroit fighting for last spot.

West Playoffs
    Clippers
    Jazz
    Nuggets
    Lakers
    Rockets
    Blazers
    Sacremento
    Spurs/Warriors fighting for last spot.

• mtdurham

I took brett brown coach of the year at 15:1

• tmarohl

@mtdurham said...

I took brett brown coach of the year at 15:1

I could see that if the Sixers win the East.
    I would bet on a guy like Spoelstra, Snyder or Malone though, as they have more room for their teams to make big jumps from last year, which is usually what the award is based on.

• gaelicgirl

@Smallchimp said...

What nugget of truth is going to take a few slates for people to digest? In NFL this season, it’s been learning that Miami players really aren’t viable. What is the general pop (and maybe some of us) going to lag on adjusting to?

I’ll propose 2 possibilities:
    1) D-Lo will be a viable stand-in for Klay by posting more points and more assists, and 2) Harden will once again be a usage monster as Westbrook becomes the new CP3

Everybody might already be on to the second one

• tmarohl

@gaelicgirl said...

I’ll propose 2 possibilities:
    1) D-Lo will be a viable stand-in for Klay by posting more points and more assists, and 2) Harden will once again be a usage monster as Westbrook becomes the new CP3

Everybody might already be on to the second one

Except CP3 is a better shooter than Westbrook. We already know that Harden going to get his!

• realphipps

For someone beginning his NBA research today, any “nightly” rookies viable early on this year?

• monarch

Warriors to get demolished vs true centers

KAT is option 1,2,3 and so on with the Wolves

OG probably steps up

Bam feels like an 8k player

Hawks continue to be DFS gold for both them and their opponent

Vuc will be a monster in at least ten games

Play Dejounte Murray if DeRozan is out

• Pandamonious

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #80

RG Tiered Ranking

• 2019 Blogger of the Month

@Smallchimp said...

Not sure there will be any one specific thing. Last year it was people having issues adjusting to the higher scoring and this could happen again, but everyone should be better prepared for it.

I think the main thing and this is the same every year is player movement impacting roles and usage of certain players. Same thing can be said about declining or improving players. This will create undervaluing and overvaluing of certain players that won’t be immediately accepted.

Things like, I wouldn’t be surprised if Horford negatively impacts Embiids fantasy value, while Tatum breaks out big time and or Hayward, now a year healthier, returns to and surpasses his Jazz form in the absence of Horford.

A guy like Jaren Jackson Jr. breaking out to an all-star level with a full year of Conley, Gasol, and J. Green out of the way.

Curry being the new James Harden from a fantasy perspective. He should be an 11K+ player immediately, but probably won’t be. Also Draymond should fall back into his old nightly trouble double threat ways after constantly burning people last year.

The emergence of Brogdon as a starting PG, who will probably be a 7-8K player while Dipo is out, but will probably start around 5-5.5K, with the turnover of the Pacers roster and away from Bledsoe, and ABC.

These are the types of situations and just the tip of the iceberg of those who followed the off-season moves and knows the players should be able to take advantage of early on.

• Ace15

I will be playing a lot of Covington and Issac at the SF spot on FD. Steals/Blocks are so vital on FD. I’ll be targeting guys with good peripherals.

Curry and now that I’ve seen Pre-Season Harden w/ RWB are going to determine the slates every night they are available.

AD will exit a game where he’s over 50% owned.

• kbarnhill7523

• 2018 FanDuel WFFC Finalist

• x2

2017 FanDuel WFBBC Finalist

Wizards will be the dumpster fire of the NBA.

It’s so depressing to watch.

2018 Opening Night lineup: Wall, Beal, Porter, Markieff Morris, Dwight Howard
    2019 Opening Night lineup: Ish Smith, Beal, CJ Miles, Hachimura, Thomas Bryant

At least we have the Caps, Nats and MYSTICS

• tmarohl

@Pandamonious said...

Not sure there will be any one specific thing. Last year it was people having issues adjusting to the higher scoring and this could happen again, but everyone should be better prepared for it.

I think the main thing and this is the same every year is player movement impacting roles and usage of certain players. Same thing can be said about declining or improving players. This will create undervaluing and overvaluing of certain players that won’t be immediately accepted.

Things like, I wouldn’t be surprised if Horford negatively impacts Embiids fantasy value, while Tatum breaks out big time and or Hayward, now a year healthier, returns to and surpasses his Jazz form in the absence of Horford.

A guy like Jaren Jackson Jr. breaking out to an all-star level with a full year of Conley, Gasol, and J. Green out of the way.

Curry being the new James Harden from a fantasy perspective. He should be an 11K+ player immediately, but probably won’t be. Also Draymond should fall back into his old nightly trouble double threat ways after constantly burning people last year.

The emergence of Brogdon as a starting PG, who will probably be a 7-8K player while Dipo is out, but will probably start around 5-5.5K, with the turnover of the Pacers roster and away from Bledsoe, and ABC.

These are the types of situations and just the tip of the iceberg of those who followed the off-season moves and knows the players should be able to take advantage of early on.

Exactly. I would add a guy like Jaylen Brown to that mix early season. FVV as well. He is priced like a backup PG and is starting in the back court with Lowry this year.

• tmarohl

@kbarnhill7523 said...

Wizards will be the dumpster fire of the NBA.

It’s so depressing to watch.

2018 Opening Night lineup: Wall, Beal, Porter, Markieff Morris, Dwight Howard
    2019 Opening Night lineup: Ish Smith, Beal, CJ Miles, Hachimura, Thomas Bryant

At least we have the Caps, Nats and MYSTICS

At least you will be better than the Grizzlies and the Hornets.

• Ace15

@tmarohl said...

FVV as well.

He’s my lock for tomorrow nights slate.

• superstars92

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #63

RG Tiered Ranking

Hornets win 15 games this season. It’s gonna be hard to do, but I have faith in them.

• Smallchimp

Damn, no Klay this season accoding to Steve Kerr, according to Logan Murdock. Steph MVP season is inevitable

• monarch

Looking like a lost season for GSW. Might want to showcase D Lo then flip him

• gaelicgirl

@monarch said...

Looking like a lost season for GSW. Might want to showcase D Lo then flip him

Why not develop D-Lo then keep him? He’s only 23, and Steph’s not getting any younger.

• mtdurham

I took okc over 32.5 wins a few months ago for $500

I got on phx over 29.5 ($300) and chicago over 33.5 ($200) kinda late but wanted a few teams to root for.

Usually I prefer identifying bad teams then hammering unders and hoping I backdoor injuries if I’m wrong but I didnt see any great ones this year.

• superstars92

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #63

RG Tiered Ranking

Dang didn’t see this thread. I was gonna predict Pascal Siakam was gonna make at least 3rd team All NBA at forward (which is loaded), but now this prediction is less powerful after his game yesterday. I woulda said this before the season began though (I think I did in the NBA off season thread)

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

Bet with your head, not over it!
Gambling Problem? Call 1-800-Gambler