Comments

• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

7:30 PM EST : LA Lakers ( 4 ) at Miami ( -4 ) —- T: 215.5
    8:00 PM EST : Philadelphia ( 3.5 ) at Cleveland ( -3.5 ) —- T: 222.5
    10:00 PM EST : Brooklyn ( -1 ) at Sacramento ( 1 ) —- T: 214
    10:30 PM EST : Minnesota ( 4.5 ) at Portland ( -4.5 ) —- T: 217

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NBA thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• elving188

• Blogger of the Month

ah yeah! Not a great looking slate actually. But should be fun! Who’s going all in on LeBron? Not I. Tough one!

https://rotogrinders.com/blog-posts/my-player-pool-3-1-2408546

• superjon

When I started my research last night, my initial builds had 0 Lebron. No way was I going to even entertain the thought of playing him at 12.2 on FD.

Now, I have 100% Lebron. My thinking is this –

There are no players in the 8k-9k range on FD. It’s Simmons as the lowest stud at 9500 and then it drops all the way down to 7700 for Whiteside, Randle, and Teague, and then some other guys in that 7k range.

So most of the 2-stud LU’s will have Embiid/Simmons, Embiid/Lillard, Towns/Simmons, or Towns/Lillard. I don’t think it would be wise to pair Lebron with another stud as just limits your roster construction. Now every single player in that 7k range has 50+ point upside. Whether you go with one of the 2-stud combos I previously mentioned, or with a combo of lets’ say, Lebron/Teague. You are still spending around $20k

The big difference here is that while the 7k guys can match the 9k-10k guys, the 9k-10k guys (with the exception of Embiid and maybe Towns) really can’t match the ceiling of Lebron.

There’s a lot of different ways you can go tonight, but this is why I’ll be going all in on Lebron and fading the other studs.

• ASitar

Kat ✅
    Dame ✅
    Ingram ✅
    Olynyk ✅
    McConnell is my punt as of right now. He fits my LU on DK and if he sees 26+ minutes he should hit 7x.

I probably won’t take LeBron but he DID have a trip dub vs the 76ers already this year.

• elving188

• Blogger of the Month

@ASitar said...

Kat ✅
    Dame ✅
    Ingram ✅
    Olynyk ✅
    McConnell is my punt as of right now. He fits my LU on DK and if he sees 26+ minutes he should hit 7x.

I probably won’t take LeBron but he DID have a trip dub vs the 76ers already this year.

I’m hesitating on KAT. His games vs POR have all sucked. Otherwise we’re on the same thought process!

• kinger8705

To Whiteside or not that is the question ?

• ASitar

@elving188 said...

I’m hesitating on KAT. His games vs POR have all sucked. Otherwise we’re on the same thought process!

Aaahhh, I see that now. Went down to WCS and moved up from Ingram to LBJ. It also forces me to put Caruso in my LU. With Hart out he should get some run and close to the bare minimum I’ll take that.

• elving188

• Blogger of the Month

@ASitar said...

Aaahhh, I see that now. Went down to WCS and moved up from Ingram to LBJ. It also forces me to put Caruso in my LU. With Hart out he should get some run and close to the bare minimum I’ll take that.

Yep! I was looking at him too but sure is risky. Dunno how many minutes they’ll actually need him to play or Ennis vs MIA, should be a slow game. I like a few of the LAL guys but I’m trying to not get too many in. Maybe it’ll be one of MIA’s random really high scoring games lol. Id rather play it safe with Lonzo/IT of course.

But I wouldn’t get completely off KAT! Obviously we know players can go off any game! I’ll him in maybe 2. JIC

• MrPerfekt7

Back to the KCP well?

• elving188

• Blogger of the Month

@7klub06 said...

Back to the KCP well?

• srcripps

• x5

Blogger of the Month

Cauley-Stein should eat today…centers vs Brooklyn is a thing, isn’t it? I’m looking hard at that Brooklyn/Sacramento game for some fantasy goodness. Hollis-Jefferson anybody?

• Kmasonbx

What’s up with Yahoo? Stil haven’t paid out from last night.

Looks like Ellington is out for, I’m banking on Tyler Johnson being out, really like Dragic and Wade if both guys sit. Could be a nice stack with Lonzo and Lopez. Whiteside does not cover the 3 point line and Lonzo is too cheap if he’s going to push for 30 minutes.

• upgradetoquestionable

Sounds like my early builds are in agreement with everyone here. Got LeBron, WCS, Wade and Dragic. Either I’m in good shape or based on my recent results you all better change your LU’s.

• upgradetoquestionable

@kinger8705 said...

To Whiteside or not that is the question ?

His minutes are always so inconsistent. He’s one of those 1st quarter All-Stars where after 8 minutes he’s got 20 FP’s and you figure you’re golden then he just barely hits 5x. Based on the Lakers LU I feel it may be a Olynyk night.

• elving188

• Blogger of the Month

https://rotogrinders.com/blog-posts/my-player-pool-3-1-2408546

Good luck fellas!

Also, agree if Ellington (doubtful) sits and if Johnson sits. I’m definitely gonna up my Dragic shares

• Njsum1

@srcripps said...

Cauley-Stein should eat today…centers vs Brooklyn is a thing, isn’t it? I’m looking hard at that Brooklyn/Sacramento game for some fantasy goodness. Hollis-Jefferson anybody?

It is a thing, yet hasn’t been as much of a thing as of recent. Still been good, yet not amazing. Maybe Allen is learning to play some def. Cauley-Stein should do well though he’s priced way up on DK.

Pricing too tight on DK for my liking.

• Njsum1

@Kmasonbx said...

What’s up with Yahoo? Stil haven’t paid out from last night.

Looks like Ellington is out for, I’m banking on Tyler Johnson being out, really like Dragic and Wade if both guys sit. Could be a nice stack with Lonzo and Lopez. Whiteside does not cover the 3 point line and Lonzo is too cheap if he’s going to push for 30 minutes.

I’m sure they’ll pay out soon. Finally doing better on Yahoo over the last 2 nights. Managed to turn a baby profit on Yahoo yesterday with 100% Corey Joseph, so feeling like I’m starting to get the hang of the scoring and pricing.

• kps3205s

Am I missing something? CJ McCollum at $6900 on DK tonight? Down $600 from previous game.

DvP for the last week SG vs MN 51.3 DK points and 46.8 over a 2 week period.

• mbunner23

I don’t think I will have any KAT, Nurkic is a pretty good defender. Like someone else already said, Towns hasn’t had any good games against Portland this year. He did have two good ones against them last season but I think Portland as a team is a lot better defensively than they were last season.

As of now I’ll have LBJ or Dame. Dame is on a streak and I love his matchup tonight.

I’m also looking at WCS, but it seems every time I play that dude in good matchups, he disappoints.

• Kmasonbx

@Njsum1 said...

I’m sure they’ll pay out soon. Finally doing better on Yahoo over the last 2 nights. Managed to turn a baby profit on Yahoo yesterday with 100% Corey Joseph, so feeling like I’m starting to get the hang of the scoring and pricing.

Yea not too concerned, just found it odd.

Any profit is good profit! I’m kicking myself for playing Vooch over Gasol at the same price despite liking Gasol more on a pure points basis. I think it was because I wasn’t considering Gasol on DK I just eliminated him from consideration. Still had a nice night with Dipo, Thad Young, Harrison, Capela, and most importantly fading AD, Harden, Giannis. Would have been nicer if I would have clicked “Enter Contest” 5 seconds sooner in the $10 that had another big overlay.

• Njsum1

@Kmasonbx said...

Yea not too concerned, just found it odd.

Any profit is good profit! I’m kicking myself for playing Vooch over Gasol at the same price despite liking Gasol more on a pure points basis. I think it was because I wasn’t considering Gasol on DK I just eliminated him from consideration. Still had a nice night with Dipo, Thad Young, Harrison, Capela, and most importantly fading AD, Harden, Giannis. Would have been nicer if I would have clicked “Enter Contest” 5 seconds sooner in the $10 that had another big overlay.

Yeah people were off Gasol for some reason. I posted numerous times yesterday that on Yahoo I was going 100% Gasol, Harrison, and J. Green. They were all too cheap for the matchup. I didn’t play Gasol on DK although he delivered there as well. He was 8400 on DK, which even considering the matchup was a little steep, yet his Yahoo equivalent price was 7k, which I thought was a steal.

• jglumsic

Small slate and Playing lebron in both my lineups today and not second guessing it. Playing against the team that has a billboard of him lol hes gonna put on a show for them even though its in Cleveland.

• TrustinthePlan

Going back to the LeBron thing…if you are a narrative person, this is an interesting one. Obviously, most of you probably heard of the recruitment billboards in cleveland trying to get LeBron to philly and all the twitter and instagram posts and the rumor of him visiting Philly over the all-star break to check out schools for his children. So, I would say that LeBron might have that little extra motivation to show off to Philly what they might be getting next season if he chooses to ditch Cleveland.

• squidkill

@Njsum1 said...

Yeah people were off Gasol for some reason. I posted numerous times yesterday that on Yahoo I was going 100% Gasol, Harrison, and J. Green. They were all too cheap for the matchup. I didn’t play Gasol on DK although he delivered there as well. He was 8400 on DK, which even considering the matchup was a little steep, yet his Yahoo equivalent price was 7k, which I thought was a steal.

I used 3— no GASOL Martin/Green/Harrison—-also used Josh Jackson————————

unfortunately their cheap value led me to AD and LMA/CPaul—- hence I did not cash on yahoo

• mbunner23

Guys Guys Guys. I’m not being an asshole but can we stop with the narratives? If CP3 didn’t kill the Clippers last night, when will narratives ever work? I can think of two instances all season where revenge narrative actually worked, Boogie vs Kings, and Oladipo against Magic. Play them because they’re a good play, and nothing else. Trying to figure out a player’s mindset going into a game is just crazy…

I’m sorry.

• Njsum1

@TrustinthePlan said...

Going back to the LeBron thing…if you are a narrative person, this is an interesting one. Obviously, most of you probably heard of the recruitment billboards in cleveland trying to get LeBron to philly and all the twitter and instagram posts and the rumor of him visiting Philly over the all-star break to check out schools for his children. So, I would say that LeBron might have that little extra motivation to show off to Philly what they might be getting next season if he chooses to ditch Cleveland.

This goes back to the Kevin Durant thing from yesterday. Narratives don’t work when you’re dealing with a high usage player, playing max minutes. There’s only so much extra he can do. You play Lebron, cause you like the play, or fade cause you don’t, narrative means nothing, for these types of players.

Granted, it’s a cool story, yet IMO, means nothing when it comes to his fantasy output for the night.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).