Comments

• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

7:30 PM EST : LA Lakers ( 4 ) at Miami ( -4 ) —- T: 215.5
    8:00 PM EST : Philadelphia ( 3.5 ) at Cleveland ( -3.5 ) —- T: 222.5
    10:00 PM EST : Brooklyn ( -1 ) at Sacramento ( 1 ) —- T: 214
    10:30 PM EST : Minnesota ( 4.5 ) at Portland ( -4.5 ) —- T: 217

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NBA thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• Kmasonbx

@Benf15harp said...

Lonzo 4th in drpm

From the little I’ve watched of Lonzo it’s more of a result of how great of a team defender he is, he’s incredible off the ball and as a help defender. he seems to make the right play everytime; however, his man to man defense isn’t elite. He’s the opposite of guys like Klay and Bradley who are great man to man defenders but are awful away from the ball and as a result their DRPM are negative but you don’t want to target guys who will be defended by them.

• xc0achx

@nickpierce723826 said...

What do you guys think Lebron ownership will be ..60%. He’s definitely going to get his but feels like maybe a possible let down game. He’s been over 60 both philly games, time for some regression ..right?

Sounds like a bit of overthinking disease there

• TheDataDetective

• Blogger of the Month

Oh wait, I didn’t realize that the FD Beat the Score $3 contest has a lower threshold today (275 instead of 290). On second thought, I’m in…

• draggin49

@Benf15harp said...

Lonzo 4th in drpm

I’m trying to figure out how this is?
    This guy used to get torched regularly . Before he got hurt I’d regularly play PGs vs him and it almost never failed

• Benf15harp

@Kmasonbx said...

From the little I’ve watched of Lonzo it’s more of a result of how great of a team defender he is, he’s incredible off the ball and as a help defender. he seems to make the right play everytime; however, his man to man defense isn’t elite. He’s the opposite of guys like Klay and Bradley who are great man to man defenders but are awful away from the ball and as a result their DRPM are negative but you don’t want to target guys who will be defended by them.

I see your point but pg is a tougher defensive task imo
    Plus it’s not like dragic is an elite offensive pg

• Packapunch

It would be nice if Yahoo will give me my money, so I can give it back to them.

• nickpierce723826

@xc0achx said...

Sounds like a bit of overthinking disease there

I’m just saying I don’t see how your’re going to maximize ceiling potential to take down a GPP. Cash games yes he’s a lock but in a gpp I don’t see how it’s going to happen.Plus Line is trending towards Philly.

• BerkeleyBoss

@Benf15harp said...

I just like to put facts out there. Never intend to sway anyone’s picks.
    Looks to me like like Kelly o is getting 24 mins JJ 16 and bam 8 based on last game. Somewhat concerning but all those should go up this game
    Dragic
    Jrich
    Winslow
    Kelly o
    Whiteside with wade//JJ/bam/mcgruder off the bench
    Does that rotation sound right ?

No worries at all, the facts are appreciated! If you sway me, it’s because you showed me something that I hadn’t considered that makes sense. I would never get mad at somebody for that if the player happened to flop.

That rotation looks good to me. The only ones I’ll full fade are probably Bam and McGruder. I’m thinking JJ has to get some more run with his playmaking abilities.

• gregsl

@nickpierce723826 said...

I’m just saying I don’t see how your’re going to maximize ceiling potential to take down a GPP. Cash games yes he’s a lock but in a gpp I don’t see how it’s going to happen.Plus Line is trending towards Philly.

I think he was saying the overthinking was you suggesting LBJ is due for a possible letdown because he was so great in this spot twice before.

• Benf15harp

@draggin49 said...

I’m trying to figure out how this is?
    This guy used to get torched regularly . Before he got hurt I’d regularly play PGs vs him and it almost never failed

Last 6 vs ball
    Kemba 41fp
    Schroeder 37fp
    DJ 32fp
    Fox 30fp
    Murray 44
    Schroeder 33

• mbunner23

The $180 entry, $100,000 top prize looks so enticing. Only 2,469 entrants, top 508 get paid….

Don’t think I have the nads to do it.

• BUFUu2

anyone here playing ilyasova I think he is def worth a shot tonight for 3800……. even if he his 20 mins an easy 5x for him…. On a short slate like you have to be a different to win.. Great pivot away from the heat players..

• xc0achx

@gregsl said...

I think he was saying the overthinking was you suggesting LBJ is due for a possible letdown because he was so great in this spot twice before.

This

• BerkeleyBoss

I feel like I’m the only one on KAT. Anybody got access to ownership projections? Will he be < 10%?

• frugal

@dolphinkick182 said...

From Daniel Haight 2m ago in regards to Yahoo payouts

Still working with data provider on this one, we have yet to receive the final box scores. Been really frustrating. They say it should be resolved shortly.

Uh oh…we may see the dreaded “adjustments” prior to payout for the first time on Yahoo.

• dgballer

@frugal said...

Uh oh…we may see the dreaded “adjustments” prior to payout for the first time on Yahoo.

what? Adjustments. What’s this?

• dominicanpapi

I’m leaning towards the fade Lebron route, at least on FD. He’s basically tonight’s Anthony Davis from last night (we have to play him b/c he’s on a heater!).

If you’re playing him on FD, you’re probably playing 3 or 4 of these value guys: Winslow, McConnell, Olynyk, Wade and running it back with either Embiid or Simmons. It’s too obvious.

• frugal

@dgballer said...

what? Adjustments. What’s this?

If the final boxes weren’t submitted, there could be adjustments to stats in the finals which would affect scores prior to payout.

• MrPerfekt7

Thoughts on JR Swiss

• Benf15harp

@BerkeleyBoss said...

No worries at all, the facts are appreciated! If you sway me, it’s because you showed me something that I hadn’t considered that makes sense. I would never get mad at somebody for that if the player happened to flop.

That rotation looks good to me. The only ones I’ll full fade are probably Bam and McGruder. I’m thinking JJ has to get some more run with his playmaking abilities.

I just tried putting all 7 heat players minus bam and McGruder with Lebron
    Went over budget lol
    Could do it with embiid or X out whiteside for Dario

• superjon

@dominicanpapi said...

I’m leaning towards the fade Lebron route, at least on FD. He’s basically tonight’s Anthony Davis from last night (we have to play him b/c he’s on a heater!).

If you’re playing him on FD, you’re probably playing 3 or 4 of these value guys: Winslow, McConnell, Olynyk, Wade and running it back with either Embiid or Simmons. It’s too obvious.

Not even close to the same.

Lebrons match up is way juicier

• ASitar

@dolphinkick182 said...

I like Ed Davis for the low ownership bum. He’ll pick up a lot of rebounds in 20 minutes.

Oh I got Eddie Davis fo sho. 28 DK points vs Minny last time too!

• Benf15harp

@superjon said...

Well said

• dragon1952

I don’t typically play at FD but I just went there and noticed their “50% back on all entry fees through 3/5” with a max $5. Are they saying the most you can get back is $5!?!? How is that 50% back on all entry fees?

• dominicanpapi

@superjon said...

Not suggesting it’s the same match set up, but rather the narrative is the same in that you have to play a certain player b/c you just have to. I’ve already established a combo of Lebron/Simmons or Lebron/Embiid would led to people having to play probably 4 guys that are priced 4500 or less, one of whom will be chalk (Wade). Maybe the contrarian move would to just stack the Sixers side and hope for the best?

Edit: I also know it’s a 4 game slate, that’s why it’s hard for me to figure out. FD priced him high enough that it gives you pause (at least for me).

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).