Comments

• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

7:30 PM EST : LA Lakers ( 4 ) at Miami ( -4 ) —- T: 215.5
    8:00 PM EST : Philadelphia ( 3.5 ) at Cleveland ( -3.5 ) —- T: 222.5
    10:00 PM EST : Brooklyn ( -1 ) at Sacramento ( 1 ) —- T: 214
    10:30 PM EST : Minnesota ( 4.5 ) at Portland ( -4.5 ) —- T: 217

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NBA thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• noddy

One problem with these beat the score contests is that I want to go to sleep but can’t because I’m close to making it yet I might not. I need to know before I can go to sleep

• elving188

• Blogger of the Month

@toddbunner said...

arent these “beat the scores” just double ups? not sure why its so inventive. the math says so

no

• scott33

@noddy said...

Yes I really like these contests. I hope they continue to fill and grow

I agree, just know that some nights you’ll get 1x, 2× 3x etc depending on if it’s a high scoring slate or not. Since the cash line will prob be around 290-300 tonight in GPPs, you’re prob looking at 2x return tonight (in the 275).

• noddy

@toddbunner said...

arent these “beat the scores” just double ups? maybe im missing something

Doesn’t feel that way

• TheDataDetective

• Blogger of the Month

@toddbunner said...

arent these “beat the scores” just double ups? not sure why its so inventive. the math says so

No, they’re more like variable-payout multipliers…the fewer entries that beat the threshold, the greater the payout. Also, the fact that you’re trying to beat a fixed score definitely changes the strategy.

• toddbunner

@elving188 said...

no

explain then. 50% of people hit the score

• noddy

@scott33 said...

I agree, just know that some nights you’ll get 1x, 2× 3x etc depending on if it’s a high scoring slate or not. Since the cash line will prob be around 290-300 tonight in GPPs, you’re prob looking at 2x return tonight (in the 275).

I don’t care what return I get at this point. I just want to make it

• noddy

@toddbunner said...

Not yesterday.

• scott33

I shoulda kept Allen in my line instead of moving up to Whiteshit, fuck u Hassan u candyass!

• elving188

• Blogger of the Month

@toddbunner said...

do you only a chance at doubling your money or can you multiply it by more if not as many people hit on a certain slate?

• toddbunner

@tgs4 said...

No, they’re more like variable-payout multipliers…the fewer entries that beat the threshold, the greater the payout. Also, the fact that you’re trying to beat a fixed score definitely changes the strategy.

ok thanks for the input. i don’t know what to make of it

• draggin49

Deangelo with signs of life , Lillard on the other hand …….

• toddbunner

@elving188 said...

do you only a chance at doubling your money or can you multiply it by more if not as many people hit on a certain slate?

i guess will have to look at it. i was reading fd stats saying 50% of time people hit

• elving188

• Blogger of the Month

@toddbunner said...

ok thanks for the input. i don’t know what to make of it

it’s not rocket science

if the prize pool is 30k and only 2 people beat the score the two split it so each get 15k

if 5 people beat it then it splits 5 ways so then each gets 6k

just for example

• elving188

• Blogger of the Month

@toddbunner said...

i guess will have to look at it. i was reading fd stats saying 50% of time people hit

well a lot of people are going to hit. Obviously that will vary by slate! Also, depends on which you enter..

in the $3 yesterday of course a lot more people enter it as well i got $9.89 back (score to beat 290)

but if i would’ve entered the $25 dollar one the score to beat in that one was 305, which i still beat and the return was $116 for those who hit there

it’ll depend by slate and tournament

• TheDataDetective

• Blogger of the Month

Come on, Teague…please don’t have a scoreless 2nd Q and make me sweat out halftime!

• elving188

• Blogger of the Month

dame suckin my tit

• draggin49

Lillard you can stop sucking anytime now

• squidkill

@squidkill said...

And he will sit without warning. You can’t roster veteran kings. Too risky

I’m just not some funny dude. I bring the knowledge. Thank me yesterday. 🍆

• feekdogg

Meow!

• toddbunner

@elving188 said...

it’s not rocket science

if the prize pool is 30k and only 2 people beat the score the two split it so each get 15k

if 5 people beat it then it splits 5 ways so then each gets 6k

just for example

sorry i came across rude .nothing personal. i appreciate your input. i just saw it as a doubleup game. most will hit 300+ any given day that ends in y

• KOTN26

Ugly fucking game.

• chronoxiong

@scott33 said...

I shoulda kept Allen in my line instead of moving up to Whiteshit, fuck u Hassan u candyass!

Agree. Jarrett Allen was in my initial dummy before I made changes to upgrade him to Whiteside. So sad. I will be happy if I make back the money I spent tonight. Went a little heavier than I thought when I was at work during the afternoon.

• TheDataDetective

• Blogger of the Month

9 more points, Teague…I just need 9 more friggin points

• noddy

I need 20 more points from Hield and Taj and I’m not gonna get it cuz they can’t make a fucking shot

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).