• Blogger of the Month

7:30 PM EST : Charlotte ( 3.5 ) at Brooklyn ( -3.5 ) —- T: 228
    7:30 PM EST : Chicago ( 2.5 ) at Atlanta ( -2.5 ) —- T: 230
    8:00 PM EST : Portland ( 5 ) at Toronto ( -5 ) —- T: 225
    8:00 PM EST : Washington ( 9 ) at Boston ( -9 ) —- T: 231
    9:00 PM EST : New Orleans ( -4 ) at Phoenix ( 4 ) —- T: 237.5
    10:00 PM EST : LA Clippers ( 3 ) at Sacramento ( -3 ) —- T: 239
    10:30 PM EST : Milwaukee ( -4.5 ) at LA Lakers ( 4.5 ) —- T: 236

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NBA thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• captainwacky

@Pandamonious said...

What I want to know is, if Giles didn’t just get a random 30 DK points against the Bucks instead of his usual minutes and instead got his usual 15-18 would people still be so hot for him with Bagley out? I know he’s had close to 30 before, but they’re few and far between.

I always punt him a few times on FD (though they raised his price a bunch for no reason), and when bagley was out I was playing him pretty frequently on DK at $3600-$3800. Thus, I have interest in him, but he might not be super necessary in builds today. Especially if he’s chalky.

• Jonas137

@tmarohl said...

I watched the game, he got Bagleys minutes after he was injured.

I did not watch it. So he was playing power forward alongside WCS?

• tklonewolf

Panda, Your write ups rock. Keep the long posts going. πŸ€˜πŸ€™πŸ˜ˆ
    I’m playing the late slate on FD, and your posts drove me with 5 guys I was originally on, but, at PF, C, and my SF punt, I gained some insight, and the trends back it up.
    Sincerely, a casual DFS player, who’s a Kings fan in Sac. 🀘

• tmarohl

@ASitar said...

Corey Brewer!!!! In all serious though, Harrison Barmes at $5,100 is really starting to grow on me.

I wouldn’t pay 3500 for Harrison Barnes

• tmarohl

@Jonas137 said...

I did not watch it. So he was playing power forward alongside WCS?

Yes. Overtime helped as well though.

• jcotdl

Pau and his 12 minutes a game found a better bench to sit on

• Pandamonious

• 2020 Blogger of the Month

@tmarohl said...

I watched the game, he got Bagleys minutes after he was injured.

Are you sure? Barnes came in for Bagley. Giles was already on the floor and totaled 17 minutes, which is basically his norm.

• gaelicgirl

Best news I’ve read all day!
    https://twitter.com/BleacherReport/status/1101512447385628673?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1101512447385628673&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fbleacherreport.com%2Fnba

• tklonewolf

Folks, the Giles hype is valid. FD priced him up for a reason. If he gets 20+ min tonight, at a cheap price on DK, he will hit big.

• tmarohl

@Pandamonious said...

Are you sure? Barnes came in for Bagley. Giles was already on the floor and totaled 17 minutes, which is basically his norm.

Not 100% positive, but he was on the floor a lot after Bagley was injured.

• chronoxiong

I’m a Kings fan and even I’m not gonna roster Bagley 100%. There is no correlation with Giles making up for Bagley’s usage. I just think the other players on the team have to step up and make buckets and plays. And maybe Cauley-Stein might get to play 30 mins again. But even I’m not confident in Cauley-Stein tonight. I want to roster Centers who can score more buckets.

• Pandamonious

@tklonewolf said...

Folks, the Giles hype is valid. FD priced him up for a reason. If he gets 20+ min tonight, at a cheap price on DK, he will hit big.

I don’t doubt it. My concern is him getting 20+ minutes.

Thanks by the way..And as a SAC fan your insight on this would be good. I Know Bjelica completely fell out of the rotation, but I would have to think he’s the guy to step in here. I know it’s odd to think a guy out of the rotation would come in and take more minutes then someone else in it, I just can’t see the big bump for Giles?

• frugal

@Pandamonious said...

Giles didn’t share a minute with WCS last game.

• lovpink

@Turnabuck said...

Trae or Kemba? Trying to decide between the two. DK urility so all positions in play $8100 or under. Anyone else with the same upside?

Kemba has huge upside Trae at home home favorite Kemba’s 8200 so play trae

• theIrrigator

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #35

RG Tiered Ranking

@zpa1989 said...

how many minutes does harry giles get realistically? 20 to 25? or bjelica get some run in there at the 4 spot?

I think bjelica will get 18 mins and Giles 17-20 mins. Bjelica could be another dnp and Giles gets back up mins at the 4 and 5 and would be a pretty good option. Hopefully Collins is ruled out and the situation can be avoided

• Turnabuck

Thanks.

• Matoshea

Any Rolo love? I just got home from work and really don’t want to scroll through 13 pages.

• Jonas137

@tmarohl said...

Yes

This had me dumbfounded so i just checked and he didn’t actually. Bagley got hurt with 19 seconds in the 3rd, and Giles was already in at C. Giles continued his rotation to start the 4th til WCS came back in for his rotation. Then Giles didn’t see any OT until 9 seconds left, when he came in for rebounding purposes. When Bagley was hurt earlier this year, he didn’t play any PF at that time either.

Giles last 4 games he played 17, 15, 18, and 16 minutes. So even with Bagley down in the 4th, he didn’t really see more time. Tonight in a weaker interior team, so I still think he does well for $3100, I just think people stating Bagley has some affect on him isn’t very relevant for DFS stat purposes. Maybe a match up with two bigs makes a little more more sense to me, but not against LAC IMO

• Wooden_Bones

@Agent47 said...

If choosing between those 2, I’d definitely go with Kyrie. Could be completely wrong, but I don’t like the chances that that game stays competitive throughout.

Have you seen Boston lately!? Not only would I not be surprised to see this game being competitive until the end, but I would put it past Boston to let this one get away from them. Being a Boston fan I’ve watch every game, and since the All Star break they worry me, a lot.

• zpa1989

@theIrrigator said...

I think bjelica will get 18 mins and Giles 17-20 mins. Bjelica could be another dnp and Giles gets back up mins at the 4 and 5 and would be a pretty good option. Hopefully Collins is ruled out and the situation can be avoided

would that put spellman or prince in play more? who slides to the 4 spot if collins is out?

• Donnyleonard

On FD where you can drop a guy punting on both Giles and Bjelica is risky since both could still Dud?

• frugal

@theIrrigator said...

I think there’s too much time in general spent on what could happen vs what is more probable to happen. LAC is not a big team, they play small and fast. It doesn’t really make sense to play Giles and WCS next to each other. I mean, if Giles is announced starting early then lock him in, but that is highly doubtful IMHO. It is most likely they run the same starters as last game.

• zline34

@Donnyleonard said...

On FD where you can drop a guy punting on both Giles and Bjelica is risky since both could still Dud?

Spicy Giles trap tonight

• Pandamonious

Yeah, I think I’m just going to try and meet the field on Giles as I don’t think there’s a lot to lose either way, but a lot more to lose if he goes off and you don’t have any. I’ll sprinkle in some Bjelica.

• captainwacky

Annnnnnd yahtzee.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).