• Blogger of the Month

7:30 PM EST : Charlotte ( 3.5 ) at Brooklyn ( -3.5 ) —- T: 228
    7:30 PM EST : Chicago ( 2.5 ) at Atlanta ( -2.5 ) —- T: 230
    8:00 PM EST : Portland ( 5 ) at Toronto ( -5 ) —- T: 225
    8:00 PM EST : Washington ( 9 ) at Boston ( -9 ) —- T: 231
    9:00 PM EST : New Orleans ( -4 ) at Phoenix ( 4 ) —- T: 237.5
    10:00 PM EST : LA Clippers ( 3 ) at Sacramento ( -3 ) —- T: 239
    10:30 PM EST : Milwaukee ( -4.5 ) at LA Lakers ( 4.5 ) —- T: 236

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NBA thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• ASitar

How does everyone look at expected value output when selecting players (DK)? I don’t expect a top tier player like Lebron to hit 10x at $11k, but as I get around the $4k range I’m looking for players I “expect” to hit 8-10x. Sometimes I’ll plug in a cash-game type player like Bog if he’s at a decent price with no one I like around him, but that’s how I usually go about my selections. Talking bigger slates.

• Pandamonious

• 2019 Blogger of the Month

@ASitar said...

How does everyone look at expected value output when selecting players (DK)? I don’t expect a top tier player like Lebron to hit 10x at $11k, but as I get around the $4k range I’m looking for players I “expect” to hit 8-10x. Sometimes I’ll plug in a cash-game type player like Bog if he’s at a decent price with no one I like around him, but that’s how I usually go about my selections. Talking bigger slates.

Sliding scales. price x 4.5 + 17 is my baseline. That number isn’t everything, but gives me a rough gauge of what I’d hope to get. That across 50,000 adds up to a 360 score if everyone hits their magic number. Obviously some can exceed and some won’t. Again, just a baseline.

• captainwacky

@Pandamonious said...

ALL MY WORK IS RUINED!

In all seriousness. Collins being out would bump up Dedmon who I’ll get to and I think Len? Dedmon to match up with Lauri? Who else would they have? Prince and Spellman can’t, can they?

Well Dedmon will be stuck on Rolo who is playing a grip right now. So all his minutes are there. Thus it would have to be either len or Spelllman, but I would lean Spellman because Lauri is a little too diverse offensively for len to hang out with.. and they’ll try to figure out the rebounding somewhere else? Honestly, Collins is atrocious on defense so it couldn’t really get worse with whoever they threw out there. I think he might be the Zach Lavine equivalent of PF’s.

Edit: Ugh.. Spellman not Bembry.

• Jeezylives

Hey all, could use some thoughts.

I’m historically a pretty small time player, how happened his way to a single entry in $444 FD monster. All the big time pros have mass entered the 767 man field.

I would love nothing more than to boost may bankroll and take one down for the forum.

Does anyone have any ideas for your boy on lineup construction, chalk it, or who we think the pros will be on in the monster?

Thanks all.

• Pandamonious

@captainwacky said...

Well Dedmon will be stuck on Rolo who is playing a grip right now. So all his minutes are there. Thus it would have to be either len or bembry, but I would lean bembry because Lauri is a little too diverse offensively for len to hang out with.. and they’ll try to figure out the rebounding somewhere else? Honestly, Collins is atrocious on defense so it couldn’t really get worse with whoever they threw out there. I think he might be the Zach Lavine equivalent of PF’s.

I was thinking Dedmon was the better more active defender who’d get run at the 4 on Lauri while Len hung out with Lopez. Bembry doesn’t have the height or length for Lauri does he?

• Jonas137

@Pandamonious said...

I was thinking Dedmon was the better more active defender who’d get run at the 4 on Lauri while Len hung out with Lopez. Bembry doesn’t have the height or length for Lauri does he?

Bembry is like a half foot shorter. It would need to be Spellman, Dedmon, Len, etc…

• frugal

@Pandamonious said...

ALL MY WORK IS RUINED!

In all seriousness. Collins being out would bump up Dedmon who I’ll get to and I think Len? Dedmon to match up with Lauri? Who else would they have? Prince and Spellman can’t, can they?

I mean, won’t we see full on Harden-Trae with him taking 30 FGA?

• captainwacky

@Pandamonious said...

I misspoke, it’s Spellman who’s supposed to be that guy not Bembry. Your point about len is OK… but if that was the case I’d just go all in on him because he’d have to play a ton.

• Pandamonious

@Jeezylives said...

I’m historically a pretty small time player, how happened his way to a single entry in $444 FD monster. All the big time pros have mass entered the 767 man field.

I would love nothing more than to boost may bankroll and take one down for the forum.

Does anyone have any ideas for your boy on lineup construction, chalk it, or who we think the pros will be on in the monster?

Thanks all.

If you want to boost your bankroll by min. cashing it then be a bit more conservative. Make a bit more of a cash type line up. You want to take it down or bust then get a bit more risky with it. Find the chalk and then the logical pivot. Although full disclosure I don’t play on FD so I don’t even know what’s going on over there today.

• emnj69

@Jeezylives said...

Thanks all.

if u want to win I would go studs and duds or go with a game stack and hope it pans out-if u just want to double your money go safe and balanced-do one min price guy as a dart and use the rest of the money to build balance

• Benf15harp

@Jeezylives said...

Thanks all.

Have no clue on FD. I wish you the best of luck

• Benf15harp

JHC Panda you’re going to have arthritis before the day is over LOL good job though

• Epignosis

RG Overall Ranking

One of my biggest questions is what to do with Gordon Hayward. He’s been bad lately, but he’s dirt cheap and going up against the Wizards’ “defense.”

• jcotdl

I feel like Huerter gets even better if collins sits- not sure if there is any data but i would think he at least gets a couple more shots up

• captainwacky

Definitely a decent point.

• got9forya

Spellman will get more run because he will need to match up with Markkanen. I would say Bembry but he is to short by a few inches. So if I had to pick I would go with Spellman if Collins is out. Just my opinion

• mbunner23

@Benf15harp said...

JHC Panda you’re going to have arthritis before the day is over LOL good job though

MTD style posting. A bit more informative.

• frugal

Dang, Davis playing tonight and sitting tomorrow.

• Benf15harp

@mbunner23 said...

MTD style posting. A bit more informative.

INFO vs NOFO LOL

• Donnyleonard

@captainwacky said...

The ONLY value you get from not having a $3500 (or in that range) be your drop is different roster construction. Otherwise that’s the range you should be shooting for. Let me put it this way, would you opt for a ~$53,000 cap on DK if the positions were fixed? Because that’s essentially what you’re dealing with on FD if you treat it that way, and most days it’s worth steering your roster that direction. It takes a little bit of finessing to get used to, and a better understanding of the certainty of value (or a willingness to play 70 percent Derrick Jones yesterday and not feel like an idiot. Oh wait.).

Thanks for this bit of info. I have struggled to adjust since they started the dropped player. (Having a bad year)

• Kuda708

Who we taking for the marquee matchup? LeBron or ABC?

• Ronboogie6

Having a core of Beverley/Williams/Barnes/WCS. Leaves you 7100 per player on dk so you have enough to go up for studs or go completely balanced.

• Kuda708

@Kuda708 said...

Who we taking for the marquee matchup? LeBron or ABC?

Nevermind… saw all the talk few pages back.

• osuryanf

Coming out of retirement and putting in a few lineups tonight.

You guys are welcome for my very generous donation.

• feekdogg

@Jeezylives said...

Thanks all.

Sorry, I’m in the same boat as you and already called dibs on taking one down for the forum on Page 1 of this thread. You can have 2nd though, that’s 40 grand.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).