Comments

• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

7:30 PM EST : Atlanta ( 3.5 ) at Toronto ( -3.5 ) —- T: 199
    8:00 PM EST : Chicago ( 0 ) at San Antonio ( 0 ) —- T: —
    9:00 PM EST : Phoenix ( 7 ) at Denver ( -7 ) —- T: 214
    10:30 PM EST : Cleveland ( 0 ) at LA Lakers ( 0 ) —- T: —

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. Please make it a point to say if you’re talking about Cash or GPP options

• Agent47

I know the Bulls are big underdogs tonight, but if memory serves me right, they’ve generally been pretty competitive against the top teams in the league this year. They’ve shown a tendency to get up for big games and play up or down to the level of competition that they face. I’d have to look at the game logs to be sure, but I don’t recall many of their games against the league’s top teams this season being blowouts. Just thought I’d throw that out there as it seems most people are assuming the Spurs will blow them out.

• abreezy

I know everyone thinks the Lakers game is a blow out…and it vary well may be but they have been playing better lately and Cleveland is coming off a back to back on the West Coast. I’m not so sure I’m just going to write that game off as a blow out. Not to mention last game Vs Lakers, Cleveland only won by 9 points.

• fcurev

• Blogger of the Month

agreed ^ and LBJ and Kyrie went off for 50+ in their last Laker meeting. Although, i think Love was out.

• BUFUu2

God I hate saying this swore I would never play Bazemore anymore what you guys think???????????

• abreezy

@fcurev said...

agreed ^ and LBJ and Kyrie went off for 50+ in their last Laker meeting. Although, i think Love was out.

Learned my lesson last time they played, faded Kyrie for the “oh its gonna be a blowout” narrative and it cost me, not making the same mistake this time around.

• superbuckwild

• Blogger of the Month

@wolverinezack said...

There’s been nothing about Kyrie/LBJ/Love sitting. Let’s say they all play and the Cavs play like the team they are capable of. If that’s the case, they are up 20 going into the 4th and all 3 ride the bench in the 4th. Highly unlikely either of them hit value if that’s the case. For Kyrie’s price, maybe he hits 30-35. You can probably find cheaper value with the same production @ PG. With Love, maybe he hits the same 30-35 or certainly more like 15-20 at which you can def get more production cheaper out of the likes of Faried, Randle, Taj. LBJ say he hits 4x which he’s done 8 out of the last 9 except the Detroit game where he was just off. Does he hit 4x in 3 quarters? If you fade LBJ you’re probably looking at Baze or Dunleavy as the safest option. You need them to hit 25-30 and hope LBJ only goes for 4x or less

I like your first two points but I am assuming that if you downgrade from Lebron to Baze you are using the cash you freed up to upgrade considerably somewhere else. For example, moving up from punting at SG with Shumpert to Derozan. If you downgrade from Lebron hitting only 40 in a blowout to Bazemore getting 20 in competitive game with Raps but then go from even Barton who could score as low as 20 to a much safer Derozan who is a pretty safe bet for 30 and can get 45 in a close game with Korver covering him, you have more than replaced your output from Lebron based on matchups and for FD you don’t have that lingering “will he sit” Yes, he may end up going off for 60 cause the Lakers keep it close, but perhaps the punt play as SG gets into early foul trouble and only gets 15 and your in the same boat anyways.

• sunchips666

im all in on kyrie tonight, he always puts up huge numbers vs the lakers

• walkoff9

@BUFUu2 said...

God I hate saying this swore I would never play Bazemore anymore what you guys think???????????

dont do it

• ckamins87

• 2016 DraftKings FBWC Finalist

• 2016 FanDuel WFBBC Finalist

Jeff Goodman ‏@GoodmanESPN 30s30 seconds ago
    Sacramento Kings release they have suspended DeMarcus Cousins for one game for conduct detrimental to the team. #Shocking

• wolverinezack

Lowry or DDR? Seems like a no brainer with DDR having Korver guard him but last game Lowry was the one that had the better game.

• wolverinezack

No mention of Love narrative playing back home in LA (is he actually from LA or did he just play college ball at UCLA)? Price has come down but game logs leave a lot to be desired – he’s either gonna exceed value or come close or sink you with a 15-20pt outing.

• Bellest

@BUFUu2 said...

• BlastyBlast

@wolverinezack said...

No mention of Love narrative playing back home in LA (is he actually from LA or did he just play college ball at UCLA)?

I heard J.R. Smith was conceived in a parking lot of an In-N-Out burger down the road from the Staples Center.

Lock him in your lineups.

• wolverinezack

There’s not a lot of guys in special situations or value due to injuries tonight like you’ve had in nights prior (Memphis, etc).
    Who else other than Moore with Butler being out is getting more run?
    Lou Williams is out again for the Lakers, Kobe is more likely to play 15mins than a vintage 35-40min Kobe so technically that opens up more run for a guy like Huertas while solidifying the spot and usage for Russell and Clarkson.
    I hate rostering guys against the Spurs or Spurs themselves but looking at Gasol – who else do they have Bairstow is out (he only plays a few mins anyways), Portis has fallen out of the rotation with the return of Mirotic and Dunleavy. They are rolling out Taj and Gasol for 35-40mins.

Does San Antonio ever go small or are they pretty set keeping LMA at the 4 and rotating Duncan/West/Diaw/Boban at the 5? Seems like the Bulls almost have to roll out Taj and Gasol. Niko could play the 4 with maybe Diaw but his splits on the road are shiite.

Dunleavy is an interesting punt. His minutes are trending upwards, with Butler out, they’ll need some additional scoring as well.

• deerosa

@BlastyBlast said...

I heard J.R. Smith was conceived in a parking lot of an In-N-Out burger down the road from the Staples Center.

Lock him in your lineups.

So that means he is in for a “Double-Double”.

You guys in Cali know what I am talking about :)

• BUFUu2

@Bellest said...

LMAO couldn’t agree more think I will play him in one lineup though just a dollar f it.

• BlastyBlast

@deerosa said...

A Double-Double?

Well played.

• lloydjv1

@BUFUu2 said...

Same here, but never say never. Short slates make for strange bedfellows and there’s no room for pride when you’re playing for money!

• DFSNewbie

@deerosa said...

So that means he is in for a “Double-Double”.

You guys in Cali know what I am talking about :)

Nice pun there

• Bellest

@BUFUu2 said...

LMAO couldn’t agree more think I will play him in one lineup though just a dollar f it.

You kinda have to throw out the rule book on a slate like this, good luck!

• deerosa

@wolverinezack said...

There’s been nothing about Kyrie/LBJ/Love sitting. Let’s say they all play and the Cavs play like the team they are capable of. If that’s the case, they are up 20 going into the 4th and all 3 ride the bench in the 4th. Highly unlikely either of them hit value if that’s the case. For Kyrie’s price, maybe he hits 30-35. You can probably find cheaper value with the same production @ PG. With Love, maybe he hits the same 30-35 or certainly more like 15-20 at which you can def get more production cheaper out of the likes of Faried, Randle, Taj. LBJ say he hits 4x which he’s done 8 out of the last 9 except the Detroit game where he was just off. Does he hit 4x in 3 quarters? If you fade LBJ you’re probably looking at Baze or Dunleavy as the safest option. You need them to hit 25-30 and hope LBJ only goes for 4x or less

The problem is , will the CAVS play like the CAVS that SHOULD HAVE lost to the memphis bench the other night?

Will the lakers show up like they did against the Warriors the other night?

The CAVS interior let a one “J GReen” go off on them and Tony Allen looked like AIR JORDAN.

The NBA is pretty unpredictable this year and trying to figure out blowouts is not an easy thing.

• kratos12

I ve learned my lesson to not play out a game in my head. Everyday it’s different, cavs can lose, might even go to ot….atl and tor game might be a blowout. No one knows so never assume anything

• jdsloan

I really like Clarkson until I started thinking about it. With Kobe more than likely playing, and Russell shooting a ton lately, I am wondering about the volume of opportunities he is going to have….

• captainspaceface

@wolverinezack said...

No mention of Love narrative playing back home in LA (is he actually from LA or did he just play college ball at UCLA)? Price has come down but game logs leave a lot to be desired – he’s either gonna exceed value or come close or sink you with a 15-20pt outing.

Yes, those are usually the three possible outcomes in DFS.

• walkoff9

Hard to pass up on Tim Duncan against ATL for 4400. Rested last game, should hit value easily and crush it if he plays 25 minutes.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-Gambler (NJ/WV/PA), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO) or 1-800-BETS OFF (IA). 21+. NJ/PA/WV/IN/IA/CO/IL only.