• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

7:00 PM EST : Sacramento ( 2 ) at Washington ( -2 ) —- T: 240.5
    7:00 PM EST : Toronto ( -10.5 ) at Cleveland ( 10.5 ) —- T: 222
    7:30 PM EST : Detroit ( 2 ) at Brooklyn ( -2 ) —- T: 222
    8:00 PM EST : Charlotte ( 9 ) at Houston ( -9 ) —- T: 225.5
    9:00 PM EST : Okla City ( 3 ) at Utah ( -3 ) —- T: 227
    10:30 PM EST : Boston ( -1 ) at LA Clippers ( 1 ) —- T: 226

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NBA thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• theIrrigator

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #41

RG Tiered Ranking

@billythekidcowboysheat said...

Im fading drummond and wiz-kings completely, i strictly am a gpp player and play a couple lineups, i probably will be crying for not having any exposure im sure.

I can see not playing Drummond since there is like 10 other centers I want to play but zero players from wiz-kings will yes most likely make you cry

• @mbunner23 said...

Sickness coming your way.

Either that or $$$ i only put a few lineups in so i won’t be completely sick. I had collins vs nets over all that len love satuday, i’ll take my chances blake outscores drummond.

• Kuda708

Any one on Donovan Mitchell tonight? (He May need to carry team on back to keep game close)

• @Kuda708 said...

Any one on Donovan Mitchell tonight? (He May need to carry team on back to keep game close)

100% for me.

• chris5764

20 entries in the $1 tourney and realize I am 60% Allen and 0% Drummond and Kemba… I think I might be doing DFS wrong lol

• captainwacky

@Kuda708 said...

I have tons of him. He’s the best SG play by far in my eyes.

• Kuda708

Thanks. I had same initial thoughts about Mitchell. Snapfest incoming I hope

• theIrrigator

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #41

RG Tiered Ranking

@noddy said...

Kurucus or Frank the Tank?

• captainwacky

@theIrrigator said...

Eh, I guess Kaminsky, but I’m not in love with either.

• theIrrigator

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #41

RG Tiered Ranking

@Kuda708 said...

He should be good for 50 fpts

• monarch

@Kuda708 said...

Everyone

• jcotdl

I don’t see CHA hanging with HOU, i pivoted from Kaminsky to Bjelica

• Packapunch

@jcotdl said...

Kaminsky will still get plenty of mintues blow out or not.

• captainwacky

@jcotdl said...

I don’t know that Kaminsky’s minutes and production are contingent on the game staying competitive.. but I don’t mind that pivot either way.

• emnj69

pick one please-dk not fd
    frank the tank
    danny green
    zubac
    thanks very much

• theIrrigator

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #41

RG Tiered Ranking

@Packapunch said...

Kaminsky will still get plenty of mintues blow out or not.

Yeah I wouldnt be surprised if Kaminsky played 35 mins tonight

• emnj69

@Pandamonious said...

So this is kind of crazy when you think about it…Unico earlier asked about entering the $77 on DK.

The field is 2971. Max entries is 88. Currently 15 people have max entered the contest. That’s 1320 entries. 45% of the fields entries are coming from 15 people. Not to mention the several people who didn’t, but are close to max entering. Bric has 44 entries. BCalicore has 20. Our own fellow poster Superstars92 has 36. That’s now 48% of the field and there’s others with over 20. That’s just crazy to me.

It’s just super hard to compete in it with a only a few entries. I see Unico has decided to forge forward. Godspeed. I may join you, but this seems like a slate I’d rather have 50 entries than 10. Although I think that’s every slate for me.

I often equate daily to fishing
    imagine you are in the ocean trying to catch a fish-you have one lure or bait out there and the guy next to you has sometimes hundreds if not thousands of lures/baits out there
    who is going to catch the fish-just because the guy with huge amounts out there catches the fish does not mean he is a better fisherman

I give mad props to those willing to pay big money to risk it all I cant do that.

• mbunner23

@emnj69 said...

imagine you are in the ocean trying to catch a fish-you have one lure or bait out there and the guy next to you has sometimes hundreds if not thousands of lures/baits out there
    who is going to catch the fish-just because the guy with huge amounts out there catches the fish does not mean he is a better fisherman

I give mad props to those willing to pay big money to risk it all I cant do that.

• jcotdl

• captainwacky

@emnj69 said...

Counterpoint: Risk tolerance, bankroll management, game selection, and understanding of a gambling ecosystem and its opportunities are the most difficult skills to master in DFS. Same thing with poker, when people look at top pros and go “wow, I could do that if I had the bankroll”… it’s probably not the case. I don’t want to be a dick, but people usually get to their level of success according to their level of acumen at something and their willingness to dedicate time to it (which is also a skill).

• Unico10

RG Overall Ranking

@Pandamonious said...

So this is kind of crazy when you think about it…Unico earlier asked about entering the $77 on DK.

The field is 2971. Max entries is 88. Currently 15 people have max entered the contest. That’s 1320 entries. 45% of the fields entries are coming from 15 people. Not to mention the several people who didn’t, but are close to max entering. Bric has 44 entries. BCalicore has 20. Our own fellow poster Superstars92 has 36. That’s now 48% of the field and there’s others with over 20. That’s just crazy to me.

It’s just super hard to compete in it with a only a few entries. I see Unico has decided to forge forward. Godspeed. I may join you, but this seems like a slate I’d rather have 50 entries than 10. Although I think that’s every slate for me.

I hear you… I am 90% sure I will stay in. Contest is filling so not much time to make a final decision.

I had success in the past in tournaments at that price range/field size… although that was in MLB.

My thinking is that while for sure competition is tougher, just like when playing the $222 or higher, there are less lineups to beat.

I am thinking to approach it like a 3-max

• strassnerte

FD—Better trio?
    Jaylen Brown, Portis, and Drummond or Bogdan, Blake, and Capela

• captainwacky

@Unico10 said...

I hear you… I am 90% sure I will stay in. Contest is filling so not much time to make a final decision.

I had success in the past in tournaments at that price range/field size… although that was in MLB.

My think is that while for sure competition is tougher, just like when playing the $222 or higher, there are less lineups to beat.

I am thinking to approach it like a 3-max

I would view it like this: If you think you have a strong grasp on the slate, then this is a good one to go for it. There are some pretty polarized ownership plays today, and if you are willing to navigate them, you could do well. This one is where it gets a little outside of my comfort zone though… I’m still just dabbling in mid dollar tournaments, and haven’t started taking bigger entry shots yet except whenever I win tickets.

• captainwacky

@strassnerte said...

FD—Better trio?
    Jaylen Brown, Portis, and Drummond or Bogdan, Blake, and Capela

1st one is chalkier but safer… the second one is going to be way less owned but more volatile, especially with the way Bogdan has been playing.

• Unico10

RG Overall Ranking

@captainwacky said...

I would view it like this: If you think you have a strong grasp on the slate, then this is a good one to go for it. There are some pretty polarized ownership plays today, and if you are willing to navigate them, you could do well. This one is where it gets a little outside of my comfort zone though… I’m still just dabbling in mid dollar tournaments, and haven’t started taking bigger entry shots yet except whenever I win tickets.

Would like to add that I make better lineups when I enter 1 to 5… I know that can be said of many players.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).