• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

7:00 PM EST : Sacramento ( 2 ) at Washington ( -2 ) —- T: 240.5
    7:00 PM EST : Toronto ( -10.5 ) at Cleveland ( 10.5 ) —- T: 222
    7:30 PM EST : Detroit ( 2 ) at Brooklyn ( -2 ) —- T: 222
    8:00 PM EST : Charlotte ( 9 ) at Houston ( -9 ) —- T: 225.5
    9:00 PM EST : Okla City ( 3 ) at Utah ( -3 ) —- T: 227
    10:30 PM EST : Boston ( -1 ) at LA Clippers ( 1 ) —- T: 226

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NBA thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• captainwacky

@mbunner23 said...

I do play mostly cash. Probably 90%. And I do quite well in cash, also have several top 5s with my lineup in GPP. Check my scores page to confirm. I just don’t have $50k bankroll to waste during a season max entering gpps. I’ve built a few thousand but I don’t have the balls to play a ton of volume.

I get it— I’m not trying to attack or discredit you in any way (and your results look good to me). I guess I just try and follow the logic in which you said you’re confident 1 on 1 vs anyone, so then why would you not just take on as much cash volume as possible? That should lead to more than a few thousand. Either that or your confidence interval might not be where you think it is, or you are more rational in practice than posting :) This stuff is really tough and really competitive… finding your own version of an edge isn’t easy in any respect, so if you have, then good work there already.

• Pandamonious

• 2020 Blogger of the Month

@jcotdl said...

Raps gonna play at full strength v. Cavs? seems like a primo spot to rest some guys, which i suppose they could just do in the second half

Teams have to release an updated injury report by 5:30 EST. I’m hoping if Lowry is resting it’ll be announced then. If not then I’m guessing they’re all in.

• jess701

Guys question if you could only have one guy in your lineup pick between pg13 or Drummond??

• monarch

Panda—-Kennard in play at 4700?

• GoldenBritish

I’ve done some research on cash game profitability this season (Draftkings). Moklovin was the best. Papagates was also good. Squirrel patrol played infrequently but had the highest ROI.

Youdacao and awesemo were both not great in cash games.

I didn’t look at tournaments. This only included high stakes double ups that were featured.

• jcotdl

Panda- is Bridges the Oubre special?

• NoLimits0

@jess701 said...

Guys question if you could only have one guy in your lineup pick between pg13 or Drummond??

Rumor has it PG13 isn’t 100% so Drummond is safer.

• NoLimits0

@GoldenBritish said...

I’ve done some research on cash game profitability this season (Draftkings). Moklovin was the best. Papagates was also good. Squirrel patrol played infrequently but had the highest ROI.

Youdacao and awesemo were both not great in cash games.

I didn’t look at tournaments. This only included high stakes double ups that were featured.

Good post! Yea I totally agree moklovin must be good at 1 tournament if he has the sustainability keep playing 150.

The fact though is if most of us even had the bankroll to play 150 a night every night we would go broke. Like if someone handed me 50k and be like you must use this to play 150 a night, there’s no way I’m gonna be returning 50k back in a few months. Moklovin, Awesemo, youdacao, shawnzhan, those guys are a special breed, most of whom like SaahilSud are gone now.

• NoLimits0

@jcotdl said...

No hopefully Royce O’Neale is. For what it was worth he was decent in last years playoffs when Rubio was out. No sure this season why he isn’t as good.

• ASitar

F it, I’m putting. Blake w Drummond in one. I asked in page 1, but should Brandon Knight see 20+ minutes again or go OG or Bridges?

• captainwacky

@ASitar said...

F it, I’m putting. Blake w Drummond in one. I asked in page 1, but should Brandon Knight see 20+ minutes again or go OG or Bridges?

If you’re doing one lineup, I dunno if I’m confident enough in knight, so I’d go bridges, who I think is a better overall play than either of the other guys. If doing a bunch, I’d take a shot on knight— he has some historical upside that he might be able to reach if they extend his minutes, and it’s always fun to be on the right side of those days.

• Pandamonious

@monarch said...

Panda—-Kennard in play at 4700?

Ehhhhhh. That price is pushing it. His recent surge is legit. The kids been good since he was drafted. He’s just now finally getting it and playing with confidence and earning the minutes to produce. I just think were looking at maybe, what? 30-35 DK points at the very high end? You’re also looking at a 15-20 type floor? I don’t think he’s a bad play, but I’d rather just play Marcus Morris who I think has a bit more upside in a better environment.

• JSteele

@NoLimits0 said...

Rumor has it PG13 isn’t 100% so Drummond is safer.

It’s pretty safe to say no one is 100% at this point in the season. PG13 missed 3 games with his shoulder injury, came back and dropped a massive line against Portland.

• JSteele

@NoLimits0 said...

No hopefully Royce O’Neale is. For what it was worth he was decent in last years playoffs when Rubio was out. No sure this season why he isn’t as good.

He needs 40 minutes to put up a solid stat line maybe. He did a couple times earlier in the year. Exum is gonna play some, also Korver has been getting a lot of run lately.

He might be the Tatum special

• captainwacky

I’ve made this play more on FD today (because you can drop), but I actually kinda like the Morris bros special at PF here and there.

• captainwacky

@JSteele said...

He needs 40 minutes to put up a solid stat line maybe. He did a couple times earlier in the year. Exum is gonna play some, also Korver has been getting a lot of run lately.

He might be the Tatum special

I kinda agree with the likelihood of a ceiling game from O’neale being lower. I think he still has a 22-30 point game in him, but last time he went on that run, they had less available pieces so he had to do more of everything.

• NoLimits0

So you guys are saying if I had a choice of Bridges and Royce go with Bridges? I’m conflicted. I watched Bridges at Michigan State. Was a big time athlete but he has been disappointing so far in the NBA, especially given how deep this class is.

• hobbes2d

So who are the plays lol

• mbunner23

@captainwacky said...

I get it— I’m not trying to attack or discredit you in any way (and your results look good to me). I guess I just try and follow the logic in which you said you’re confident 1 on 1 vs anyone, so then why would you not just take on as much cash volume as possible? That should lead to more than a few thousand. Either that or your confidence interval might not be where you think it is, or you are more rational in practice than posting :) This stuff is really tough and really competitive… finding your own version of an edge isn’t easy in any respect, so if you have, then good work there already.

I’ll try to answer this the best I can. Like I mentioned before I’ve built up a few grand. Nothing huge like those other guys have and I am confident I can play with those guys 1 vs 1, but I’m also a realist. What happens if I play those guys higher stakes and I have a bad 2-4 nights like we all have? Then my bankroll is destroyed, everything I built up becomes nothing. So am I confident I’m as good as them 1 vs 1, yes. Am I also scared to have 3-4 bad nights in a row because it happens, yes.

I’m in this to pay off my college debt, and other debt for my family. Not to become a millionaire, slow and steady is my game. I can’t afford to blow 5k a week.

I think you can be confident but also scared to lose what you’ve built.

• monarch

Zizic is a tough fade if he starts

• Pandamonious

@jcotdl said...

I don’t think he’s the Oubre special. I’m having a hard time finding a guy like that lately. The Oubre day I was just so confident in that specific play. Tatum too who didn’t work at as well, but not bad either.

I’m kind of leaning Lamb, maybe? I think he gets overlooked here a bit. Even Batum. If I knew for sure Bjelica was going to be low owned I’d roll with him. Reggie Jackson fits the bill as well.

• Pandamonious

@monarch said...

Zizic is a tough fade if he starts

All about the minutes. Does he get 20 or 30?

• emnj69

@captainwacky said...

Counterpoint: Risk tolerance, bankroll management, game selection, and understanding of a gambling ecosystem and its opportunities are the most difficult skills to master in DFS. Same thing with poker, when people look at top pros and go “wow, I could do that if I had the bankroll”… it’s probably not the case. I don’t want to be a dick, but people usually get to their level of success according to their level of acumen at something and their willingness to dedicate time to it (which is also a skill).

it depends if you want to risk it all or not that takes a special kind of person(usually crazy) and most times in the end it does not end well for them-not this past nfl season the one before I won a 100k first prize gpp and it was the best line up that day in all of fantasy-you know what much i had risked that day a cool six bucks. I could have used that money to become a mass entry guy and play the game the way the sharks play-you know what I did I put the money in the bank and continued my small fish ways-and I expect somebody to call me a liar as is always the case and I will prove them wrong by showing proof of this win

• monarch

I’m guessing he would start and close with who they have available at center tonight

• monarch

Drummond is 25 percent on DK tonight. I think he will be more

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).