• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

7:00 PM EST : Sacramento ( 2 ) at Washington ( -2 ) —- T: 240.5
    7:00 PM EST : Toronto ( -10.5 ) at Cleveland ( 10.5 ) —- T: 222
    7:30 PM EST : Detroit ( 2 ) at Brooklyn ( -2 ) —- T: 222
    8:00 PM EST : Charlotte ( 9 ) at Houston ( -9 ) —- T: 225.5
    9:00 PM EST : Okla City ( 3 ) at Utah ( -3 ) —- T: 227
    10:30 PM EST : Boston ( -1 ) at LA Clippers ( 1 ) —- T: 226

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NBA thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• Pandamonious

• 2020 Blogger of the Month

@SpudCrowley said...

Blake has burned me time and again, and I don’t care for the guy. But I’ll have some shares, no doubt.

He really picked it up in the 4th in the 1st game against the Bulls then carried it over into yesterdays game. Hopefully he’s out of that funk he was in.

• monarch

@Pandamonious said...

He really picked it up in the 4th in the 1st game against the Bulls then carried it over into yesterdays game. Hopefully he’s out of that funk he was in.

Is he worn down? Hes one of the heavier players in the league at the end of the season in a league that is faster than ever.

I dont see how he fits defensively in this game….Kurucs, Carroll should get whatever they want.

• frugal

@ValuableTrader said...

Westbrook, Harden or Beal? Why?

On Yahoo in order

1. Beal – SAC/WAS allow the 6th and 7th most FP to opponents on the season, play at the 3rd and 5th highest pace, he’s the offensive focal point, and comes at a significant discount over the other 2.

2. Harden – After his dud last night, Harden may have a big game tonight as that’s how the DFS ball bounces. Pretty sure his 2 biggest games were on the back side of a B2B. That said, DAL jsut provided a blueprint to anyone scouting that game: if you double Harden off the screen you can greatly limit his offensive effectiveness and frustrate him. Of course, if he can stay focused the double opens up his assist upside.

3. Westbrook – OKC largely looks at PG’s team at this point, OKC is on the road, honestly I have a a little more interest in a couple players from UTA here who see a huge pace up games here.

• JSteele

Paul George has absolutely crushed the Jazz this year. He’s scored 45 (in OT) and 43 in regulation and 31 real points in regulation

• frugal

@monarch said...

Is he worn down? Hes one of the heavier players in the league at the end of the season in a league that is faster than ever.

I dont see how he fits defensively in this game….Kurucs, Carroll should get whatever they want.

Griffin plays like a smaller player though. Does BKN have anyone who can really matchup with Griffin? Seems like both DET bigs should have their way tonight.

• JSteele

Also don’t forget about Dinwiddie revenge. He’s averaging 24 actual points against the Pistons this year

• Njsum1

Its a good slate, unless we get news some stud is scratched. I wish I could make 150 lineups tonight, feels like a slate with some edge. 🤷‍♂️

• Pandamonious

@monarch said...

I think he struggled a bit shooting coming out of the break, which isn’t odd. Now he’s back in rhythm. Pistons all year have been near the best in the league in DVP to PF’s and defensive efficiency to PF’s. Not saying either are bad plays, but not sure why you think they’d smash? I can’t remember the last PF to do damage. Lauri, Siakam, LMA, Morris all had average to below average games. Thad Young I think had a good game.

• mrjredoak

Anyone from the BOS/LAC game stand out? Tatum a GTD

• monarch

@Pandamonious said...

I think he struggled a bit shooting coming out of the break, which isn’t odd. Now he’s back in rhythm. Pistons all year have been near the best in the league in DVP to PF’s and defensive efficiency to PF’s. Not saying either are bad plays, but not sure why you think they’d smash? I can’t remember the last PF to do damage. Lauri, Siakam, LMA, Morris all had average to below average games. Thad Young I think had a good game.

BKN is different with how they play offensively. All five players are away from the basket…its going to be hard for Blake IMO to get out to Kurucs, Carroll or whoever he switches out on.

• frugal

@Pandamonious said...

+1. DET most venerable spot is PG, Dinwiddie looks good at a discount to Russell and probably the only guy on BKN I have any interest in. Drum on a B2B is a little concerning but I can’t ignore the matchup, Ish is coming off a bad game but had 4 solid performances prior to that one and offers some significant salary relief on yahoo at $12.

• JSteele

@mrjredoak said...

Anyone from the BOS/LAC game stand out? Tatum a GTD

I think that would give some room for Hayward or Jaylen to do something but its always a guessing game with Boston. Tatum plays without Kyrie almost half of the time so I’d think you would see a boost to Kyrie for half the game and then whichever Hayward/Brown is coming off the bench will soak up a lot of the usage for the 2nd unit.

• frugal

@monarch said...

BKN is different with how they play offensively. All five players are away from the basket…its going to be hard for Blake IMO to get out to Kurucs, Carroll or whoever he switches out on.

Doesn’t Blake typically cover stretch 4’s?

• JSteele

@frugal said...

Doesn’t Blake typically cover stretch 4’s?

Blake is kind of a stretch 4 he can definitely shoot the 3 and play around the perimeter.

• frugal

@JSteele said...

Blake is kind of a stretch 4 he can definitely shoot the 3 and play around the perimeter.

I mean specifically on D, I’m not intimately familiar but like I said he plays like a much smaller player and from what I’ve seen he doesn’t have too much issue covering stretch 4’s.

• monarch

I think I really like Carroll now at 3800. Even better if Kurucs picks up two quick fouls on Blake

• JSteele

@frugal said...

I mean specifically on D, I’m not intimately familiar but like I said he plays like a much smaller player and from what I’ve seen he doesn’t have too much issue covering stretch 4’s.

Yea I think he can cover the perimeter just fine.

• monarch

@frugal said...

He is is over 250 pounds. I suspect he might be a little out of his element getting out to guys like Kurucs/Carroll…especially off a B2B and three in four days. The Nets really space teams out and get advantageous switches.

• Pandamonious

@monarch said...

I’m not at all calling Blake a good defender, but I think you’re underestimating him. You’re calling him heavy for some reason, but he’s still just a built solid athletic guy. If he can keep Siakam in check, I mean, C’mon. He can guard guys on the perimeter. Pistons are 2nd best in DVA against “versatile forwards” depending on how much stock you want to put into RG’s defense vs. archetype tool.

• theIrrigator

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #28

RG Tiered Ranking

@monarch said...

Blake is pretty athletic, it’s not like he is boban or something

• mbunner23

@monarch said...

Blake is one of the more fit guys in the league. You’re reaching here…

• monarch

@Pandamonious said...

I’m not at all calling Blake a good defender, but I think you’re underestimating him. You’re calling him heavy for some reason, but he’s still just a built solid athletic guy. If he can keep Siakam in check, I mean, C’mon. He can guard guys on the perimeter. Pistons are 2nd best in DVA against “versatile forwards” depending on how much stock you want to put into RG’s defense vs. archetype tool.

That’s not what I mean. Of course he can guard a ball dominant guy like Siakam.

What I am saying can he go from help side paint defense and then cover 22 feet to the baseline and get out to shooters? The nets dont play traditionally. It’s a spread offense that uses every inch of the floor. Blake will have his work cut out for him with rotations and close outs….not on ball but off ball.

• JSteele

so heavy

• Pandamonious

Monarch, go on youtube search for Blake highlights from this season and get back to me on calling him heavy and not athletic enough to get out and guard guys on the perimeter. Who knows, Carroll might smash tonight, but it won’t be because of the reasons you’re suggesting.

• monarch

Okay, try and follow what I am saying here.

The Net have D Lo at the top of they key with R Jax on him. Allen brings Drummond to the top for a PnR….happens like 40 times a game.

Blake is guarding Carroll/Kurucs in the corner. Blake now has to leave them to protect the paint in a weakside/help side situation or its lob city.

Once D Lo comes off the screen is Blake like amazing at then turning and sprinting out to a glorified shooting guard on the wing? I dont think he is. Especially in a 3 in 4 days scenario.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).