• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

7:00 PM EST : Sacramento ( 2 ) at Washington ( -2 ) —- T: 240.5
    7:00 PM EST : Toronto ( -10.5 ) at Cleveland ( 10.5 ) —- T: 222
    7:30 PM EST : Detroit ( 2 ) at Brooklyn ( -2 ) —- T: 222
    8:00 PM EST : Charlotte ( 9 ) at Houston ( -9 ) —- T: 225.5
    9:00 PM EST : Okla City ( 3 ) at Utah ( -3 ) —- T: 227
    10:30 PM EST : Boston ( -1 ) at LA Clippers ( 1 ) —- T: 226

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NBA thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• zpa1989

@superstars92 said...

Wow that’s insane. Lou Williams scored 34 in under 25 mins.

Imagine if Lou was about 2 inches taller and could play average defense and was just slightly more efficient (not even that much more). He would be an MVP candidate. Instead he’s just a high scoring sixth man, who albeit does play starter’s minutes. Don’t believe that could be the case? Just ask James Harden.

basically

and that reminds me, thats really all isiah thomas ever was too. remember the whole “backing up the brinks truck” for a max deal? LOL the only reason he had a high PPG for the celts is cause they had no one else to shoot the ball.

no one will give a max contract to a 5’9 sixth man scoring guy off the bench. the comment was totally pre mature.

• superstars92

@theIrrigator said...

Yeah I dont know why I keep playing Hayward, should of swapped them all to brown. Might have been able to break even or make a small profit

You know I thought about that, but it actually turns out it’s kinda a toss up. I think if they played without Tatum for a while, you’ll see Hayward and Brown be about equal. Tonight, it just happened to be all Brown. Both though still don’t have that much upside because Tatum wasn’t giving up much usage anyways and Celtics spread it out. Obviously, Brown was the right pick, but don’t fret too much on it, I think Hayward could have smashed in some situations too and Brown woulda done what Hayward did.

• theIrrigator

• Ranked #39

RG Tiered Ranking

@zpa1989 said...

deangelo russell lol

my bad

deron williams is not on the nets anymore! duh! haha i guess when you still are playing guys like vince carter, joakim noah, and loul deng in 2019, you forget who is still playing these days.

Figured that’s who you were talking about just wanted to give you a hard time

• rog11sm

Superstars always appreciate your input at golf or nba

• superstars92

Wow, RWB could be suspended for what he did tonight. I read the entire story. Now, the fan also deserves to be permanently suspended from all future NBA games due to the fan’s comments, but given how RWB reacted, there is a serious chance he could be suspended because although the fan’s comments were way out of line, RWB’s comments were also way out of line too. Obviously, for DFS purposes, that makes Schroder/George appealing, but I’m more interested in seeing how the NBA reacts. Fan will be gone for sure. No place in the game for those comments.

• BBWC_10

Too much Lamb/Hayward/Carroll tonight but I broke even thanks to 2 decent LU’s. I did win a $25 ticket to NBA Millions, I have no Idea what that is..LOL

• superstars92

@BBWC_10 said...

Too much Lamb/Hayward/Carroll tonight but I broke even thanks to 2 decent LU’s. I did win a $25 ticket to NBA Millions, I have no Idea what that is..LOL

I think it’s probably the big tourney that will have a huge 1st prize sometime in the future. Good job on that, you never know you could win it.

• theIrrigator

• Ranked #39

RG Tiered Ranking

@superstars92 said...

You know I thought about that, but it actually turns out it’s kinda a toss up. I think if they played without Tatum for a while, you’ll see Hayward and Brown be about equal. Tonight, it just happened to be all Brown. Both though still don’t have that much upside because Tatum wasn’t giving up much usage anyways and Celtics spread it out. Obviously, Brown was the right pick, but don’t fret too much on it, I think Hayward could have smashed in some situations too and Brown woulda done what Hayward did.

Yeah I know it was just a toss up, i should have just thought about it more and made the deciding factor off of who is the more athletic and aggressive player

• BBWC_10

@superstars92 said...

I can post here and on the golf forum with some more credibility!

Speaking of Golf…Why did Rose suck so bad and I did have my countryman Molinari in my LU.

• theprodigy20

Terry Rozier 3 pointer at the buzzer just netted me 1000$ on the NBA Single Block 10,000

• superstars92

I’ll just post my random thoughts for tomorrow on here. The number of people reading this will be way lower than tomorrow’s thread, but I probably won’t have time tomorrow.

7 game slate.

Sixers – Cavs. Actually some Cavs might be popular here due to the Cavs game tonight, where a ton of Cavs hit value. The entire Cavs starting 5 + Clarkson are viable. Sixers with Embiid back in a potential blowout situation makes them less appealing, but if it stays close, we could see some big scores from Sixers.

Lakers – Bulls. See if LBJ sits. Could open up a ton of value. Bulls are actually decent ever since they got the Advanced Analytics Monster Otto Porter Jr.

Timberwoles – Nuggets. Obviously if KAT is out, you have value everywhere on the Wolves. If Wiggins is out, more value. Keita Bates Diop was a beast in college and he was only a late round pick because of his age, but not his talent. He’s just as talented as some of the mid 1st rounders this year, it’s just he’s older and has less upside (for example, he’s clearly better than his 1st round teammate Okogie on offense). Taj/Saric/Teague/and if Rose is healthy value too. You can run it back with a few Nuggets if you think it’s close.

Trail Blazers – Clippers. Sneaky type of up tempo high scoring game

Pacers – Knicks. I guess it’s viable. But like it’s kinda hard to predict with both teams who spread it out a ton between players. Sabonis is back, but shouldn’t affect Turner too much. Just hard to predict. Big must win for Pacers if they want to get home court advantage in 1st round.

Spurs – Mavs. Luka is questionable. That’s the big one. Ton of value opens up if he’s out.

Ok good luck guys tomorrow.

• theIrrigator

• Ranked #39

RG Tiered Ranking

@superstars92 said...

Wow, RWB could be suspended for what he did tonight. I read the entire story. Now, the fan also deserves to be permanently suspended from all future NBA games due to the fan’s comments, but given how RWB reacted, there is a serious chance he could be suspended because although the fan’s comments were way out of line, RWB’s comments were also way out of line too. Obviously, for DFS purposes, that makes Schroder/George appealing, but I’m more interested in seeing how the NBA reacts. Fan will be gone for sure. No place in the game for those comments.

Yeah I read it too, I didnt see what the fans were yelling at him. I know he said it was racial but you cant be telling a woman you will f**k her up

• BBWC_10

@superstars92 said...

I think it’s probably the big tourney that will have a huge 1st prize sometime in the future. Good job on that, you never know you could win it.

Well I’ll need your help on that, LOL. I did come in 63rd the other night in the main GPP, If I had put Wagner in that LU instead of Hart it would of been top 10.

• superstars92

@BBWC_10 said...

Speaking of Golf…Why did Rose suck so bad and I did have my countryman Molinari in my LU.

I actually don’t know. I have no explanations of why he completely faded on the weekend. Molinari was a great pick though. Low owned. I’m glad Sungjae Im and RCB did well as my low priced guys since that was a nice differentiator for me (especially Im since no one wanted him last week). I’m probably finally jumping off Im this week since there is so much value everywhere for the Players. I mean we got Fleetwood at 8.8k and Molinari at like around 8.5k or so.

• superstars92

@BBWC_10 said...

Well I’ll need your help on that, LOL. I did come in 63rd the other night in the main GPP, If I had put Wagner in that LU instead of Hart it would of been top 10.

Ahh sorry man. I keep pumping Josh Hart up, and he keeps sucking. I didn’t play that night but if I did, I woulda had Hart too as usual. I know I would have because I was out at dinner, and I got an alert saying “Hart is not starting” and I was like “wow I’m glad I didn’t play because I woulda played him and not be able to change”

• Rolled

@theIrrigator said...

Yeah I read it too, I didnt see what the fans were yelling at him. I know he said it was racial but you cant be telling a woman you will f**k her up

Fans are saying otherwise. Hope they have video

• superstars92

Yea I’m leaning towards RWB will be suspended 1 game or fined a huge amount because he’s already close to getting suspended with the technical foul rule. If the fan’s comments are confirmed, he will be banned for life. That’s happened before to some fans, so it’s not a new precedent.

• pn3

52nd(324) in the .25 gpp on dk.on 1 entry
    times like this wish i went in bigger gpp’s.
    think it’s the 4th time in top 100 in single entries in the past 2+months, so guess i’m getting a bit better with my picks

• travvis

OK, schlubs! I (Gerald) am sitting in first in the RG Yahoo league. That and me beating moklovin 3/3 times today H2H pretty much means that you all should be asking me and not Panda for advice. Jokes aside, please don’t.

I couldn’t imagine how crappy it might feel to be an admin on this board and having people constantly asking you for advice all day. Speaking only for myself, I feel that it would suck.

• chronoxiong

On a night where Russell Westbrook went off on some fans saying he will “eff him and his wife up” and Ibaka choking and punching bench scrub Marquess Chriss, I did well on Yahoo. Scored 292.50 to crush all my games finishing 1st place or top 5 in cash games. Won $22.86 in the $5 Baller GPP because I had the same lineup as a few other people. The one who killed me was Ingles and Kaminksy. I think I’m done playing Kaminksy now. Fool me once. Fool me twice. Enough. Overall I spent $16.75 and won $54.43. I have been finding ways to win on Yahoo but continue to struggle on FD. I lowered my action on there and scored 274.60 to cash in the Dribbler and Fadeaway GPPs. Got killed by Marcus Morris as he was my low score drop.

• superstars92

@chronoxiong said...

On a night where Russell Westbrook went off on some fans saying he will “eff him and his wife up” and Ibaka choking and punching bench scrub Marquess Chriss, I did well on Yahoo. Scored 292.50 to crush all my games finishing 1st place or top 5 in cash games. Won $22.86 in the $5 Baller GPP because I had the same lineup as a few other people. The one who killed me was Ingles and Kaminksy. I think I’m done playing Kaminksy now. Fool me once. Fool me twice. Enough. Overall I spent $16.75 and won $54.43. I have been finding ways to win on Yahoo but continue to struggle on FD. I lowered my action on there and scored 274.60 to cash in the Dribbler and Fadeaway GPPs. Got killed by Marcus Morris as he was my low score drop.

Don’t play FD, but they drop the lowest score? Do you find it a better strategy to actually make a decent lineup and don’t care which score gets dropped or intentionally put like a terrible min priced player knowing he’ll be the score that’s dropped. Or does it depend? Just curious, like I said don’t play but curious on the logic.

• superstars92

Oh Luka has a mild knee sprain. 20% chance he plays. Mavs are gonna look like “value plays,” but it wouldn’t be shocking Mavs score like 80 points without Luka. Mavs are the worst team in the NBA when they don’t have Luka, yes worse than the Cavs and Suns and even Knicks. They have 2 starters (Finney-Smith and Dirk) who wouldn’t make half of NBA rosters. Dirk wouldn’t make any if he wasn’t named Dirk Nowitzki and was just on current talent alone and not legacy. Hardaway Jr. is a terrible starter, shoots like under 40% which is terrible in today’s NBA. Powell is reliant on a good PG for his pick and pop game, but I guess is their most consistent starter not named Luka.

Half of their bench players are lucky they aren’t in the G league. I mean Brokehoff, Mejri, Justin Jackson, and others are really G league players who happen to be in the NBA due to Mavs needing roster spots.

Jalen Brunson might be their best player without Luka (assuming Powell relies on Luka for his offense), and that’s saying a lot since Jalen Brunson was also Villanova’s best player in the NCAA last year…

I suppose for DFS purposes, a guy like Brunson, Powell, Hardaway, or Trey Burke can go off, but like I said, I would totally not be shocked if Mavs only scored 80 points without Luka.

• ScofieldReturns

@superstars92 said...

Don’t play FD, but they drop the lowest score? Do you find it a better strategy to actually make a decent lineup and don’t care which score gets dropped or intentionally put like a terrible min priced player knowing he’ll be the score that’s dropped. Or does it depend? Just curious, like I said don’t play but curious on the logic.

usually pick 2-3 min guys and hope 1-2 hits value. today was a good day to go oneal/chriss/zizic since 2/3 hit (that’s not what i ended up doing tho)

• chronoxiong

@superstars92 said...

Because I was working earlier in the afternoon, I didnt have much time to research so this was what I rolled with: Fox/Tomas/Mitchell/Smart/Ingles/Bjelica/Morris/Kaminsky/Drummond

With the low score drop format, the guy who I was hoping to be my low score out of those 9 guys were Smart, Morris or Kaminsky. There are nights where you should just make lineups where you think everyone will hit value. But a lot of times, people make lineups where they hope one of the bench srubs they pick will be their low score drop. The players like Royce O’Neal, Josh Okogie, Chriss, and many others I can’t think of right now would fall in that category. Seems like cash games on that site nowadays, I see many people pick a scrub in hopes of that scrub being their low score drop.

• fleishmo6

Good night here. Got 2nd place in a single entry 2 dollar won 75 bucks
    Sac/was stack with Westy and sweet Lou

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).