• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

7:00 PM EST : Detroit ( 12 ) at Philadelphia ( -12 ) —- T: —
    7:30 PM EST : New York ( 4.5 ) at Atlanta ( -4.5 ) —- T: 230
    7:30 PM EST : Charlotte ( 9.5 ) at Miami ( -9.5 ) —- T: —
    8:00 PM EST : Utah ( 2 ) at Oklahoma City ( -2 ) —- T: —
    8:00 PM EST : Denver ( 1.5 ) at Dallas ( -1.5 ) —- T: —
    10:30 PM EST : New Orleans ( -2 ) at Sacramento ( 2 ) —- T: 235

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic ā€“ NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterday’s games will be moved to yesterday’s NBA thread. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

• Awon1

@captainwacky said...

I personally enjoy the general distinction of smart vs. intelligent (briefly in which I think smart correlates to getting what you want most easily, intelligent being your capacity to learn and conceptualize).

In that sense, sure, he’s smart— you are correct in saying he’s an all time great grifter, con artist, and manipulator, and it legitimately impressively allowed him to become president. But now we should still be panicking and trying to get rid of him, because he’s a plague on the office and our people.

The worst part is that his manipulation doesn’t work on actual intelligent people, especially other powerful people. He gets decimated in these situations, and it’s costing us dearly on the world stage. It’s also been an absolute nightmare during this pandemic, and we’re not even addressing the boatload of crime he’s committed. It’s easy to make the situation seem ok if you just bring up one deficiency at a time, but the totality of what he’s done is horrifying.

Correct it won’t work on like Xi. That’s why Trump spends his time sucking up to Xi by calling him a great friend and leader lol. Every time he calls him a great friend.

He also tried the trade war that got nothing except farmers back the produce they had lost in the year before, but made no forward progress to things that matter like intellectual property or tech transfers.

However with that said, you think Biden would do better? Biden would have no idea how to negotiate. He would be a laughing stock.

Ideally like I said it should be Bloomberg, but the alternate choice Biden isn’t much better.

I’m actually embarrassed. How did so many people in the Democratic primary vote for Biden? I mean a 10year old might have a higher intellectual capability and I’m being serious.

How is America so bad at voting? Both sides…it’s crazy and you wonder why China is going to overtake us.

• telestraightshooter

@Awon1 said...

lot of his base are too stupid to know that info so they just vote for him since his base actually hates immigrants.

You mean like this one:?

Woman Who Ingested Fish Tank Cleaner….
    ….. Is Prolific Donor to Democratic Causes
    Arizona woman who accidentally poisoned her husband donated to ‘pro-science resistance’ PAC, among others

https://freebeacon.com/latest-news/woman-who-ingested-fish-tank-cleaner-was-prolific-donor-to-democratic-causes/
    ….

Things are not always as they appear, and buying into political based sterotypes mean….

• Awon1

@captainwacky said...

I’m not shocked at either, sadly. We’re a dumb country. At this point it’s been laid pretty bare.

Ok yea agree. Oh well.

I guess we can wait for like people to like Pete Buttigieg or something in 2024.

• captainwacky

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #94

RG Tiered Ranking

@Awon1 said...

Correct it won’t work on like Xi. That’s why Trump spends his time sucking up to Xi by calling him a great friend and leader lol. Every time he calls him a great friend.

He also tried the trade war that got nothing except farmers back the produce they had lost in the year before, but made no forward progress to things that matter like intellectual property or tech transfers.

However with that said, you think Biden would do better? Biden would have no idea how to negotiate. He would be a laughing stock.

Ideally like I said it should be Bloomberg, but the alternate choice Biden isn’t much better.

I’m actually embarrassed. How did so many people in the Democratic primary vote for Biden? I mean a 10year old might have a higher intellectual capability and I’m being serious.

How is America so bad at voting? Both sides…it’s crazy and you wonder why China is going to overtake us.

I think Biden would be more controllable by the right people, and probably listen to a more competent cabinet. Everything Trump and his cronies do is for self-gain, and while I’m not claiming Biden or the higher ups in the democratic party are all saints, I think we could allow qualified people in our country to legislate around a passive and incompetent Biden, while Trump just creates political napalm.

I have no idea at how we’re such a dumb populous, but it’s easy to start with our education system and work backward from there.

• Awon1

@tmarohl said...

If you vote for Biden, better be sure he has a good vice president. Pretty sure that dude will be declared mentally incompetent within a few months in office. I really think he has dementia.

If I had to vote in 2020, I probably would vote Trump over Biden. But I’m not voting for anyone so it’s a moot point. Besides my state is Blue no matter what so it’s not a potential swing state like Wisconsin.

It’s just crazy how come we can’t get a smart and coherent candidate who doesn’t need to stroke his ego or lie every 5 mins.

• gaelicgirl

@tmarohl said...

If you vote for Biden, better be sure he has a good vice president.

It will be a woman, he’s already told us

• captainwacky

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #94

RG Tiered Ranking

@Awon1 said...

If I had to vote in 2020, I probably would vote Trump over Biden. But I’m not voting for anyone so it’s a moot point. Besides my state is Blue no matter what so it’s not a potential swing state like Wisconsin.

It’s just crazy how come we can’t get a smart and coherent candidate who doesn’t need to stroke his ego or lie every 5 mins.

We haven’t gone much past surface level on how we believe our government runs, but the answer to your last sentence is probably where it all gets a little more nefarious on both sides, unfortunately.

But that’s kinda where I bow out because I don’t know enough and can usually live my life with accepting that I can’t influence or change that portion of it.

• telestraightshooter

sans an antibody test, we can tell were it is not very prevalent

% of SARS-CoV-2 tests returning positive by state

2.12% NM
    2.19% HI
    2.82% SD
    2.84% ND
    3.06% MN
    3.12% AK
    4.05% WV
    4.14% MT
    4.70% OR
    4.86% WY
    5.04% UT
    5.31% NE
    5.51% NH
    6.26% NC
    6.44% IA
    6.51% VT
    6.59% ID
    6.90% AZ
    7.09% OH
    7.15% WI
    7.24% MO
    7.29% KY
    7.48% KS
    7.48% WA
    7.50% ME
    7.87% TN
    8.02% TX
    8.25% AR
    8.47% VA
    8.99% NV
    9.59% MD
    10.19% FL
    10.65% DE
    10.79% PA
    11.35% RI
    11.83% LA
    13.01% DC
    13.11% AL
    13.44% MA
    14.15% GU
    15.32% IN
    15.75% PR
    16.61% IL
    17.10% CO
    17.61% CT
    18.19% SC
    19.23% VI
    22.08% GA
    22.08% MS
    23.08% CA
    28.50% OK
    35.33% MI
    35.66% NY
    39.74% NJ

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/u/2/d/e/2PACX-1vRwAqp96T9sYYq2-i7Tj0pvTf6XVHjDSMIKBdZHXiCGGdNC0ypEU9NbngS8mxea55JuCFuua1MUeOj5/pubhtml#

• theIrrigator

• Ranked #66

RG Tiered Ranking

@captainwacky said...

but Iā€™d take a bag of socks over 4 more years of Trump.

Agreed. I like my President’s to be Presidential. I kinda thought Trump’s behavior during the Election was just to get votes and he would stop the shenanigans once he became President. Nope. Just proved to be even worse than I thought possible

• captainwacky

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #94

RG Tiered Ranking

@theIrrigator said...

Agreed. I like my President’s to be Presidential. I kinda thought Trump’s behavior during the Election was just to get votes and he would stop the shenanigans once he became President. Nope. Just proved to be even worse than I thought possible

I had that hope briefly… it’s been unfathomably worse than I thought it would be. I would be fine with him just being an ongoing running joke, but he’s actually enacting things that are insane and gutting our political system. Cool, cool.

• miggs6876

šŸ‘

• miggs6876

šŸ‘

• miggs6876

@captainwacky said...

Obviously this is a nuanced and relatively polarizing topic, so I’m going to preface (as I often do on this forum) by saying I’m not targeting these statements at you personally, you just happened to bring up things I disagree with.

He probably has a mixed range of feelings on his policies, but they probably aren’t his. The corruption portion of his agenda is making all the decisions, and I think it’s pretty evident he does not have great mental faculties.

Yes, as a standalone human being who had no power and didn’t control such an important job, he would be funny. Dude says some all-time absurd things. But in the same way in which any joke becomes un-funny when the situation gets too real, that’s where we are.

Similarly, this isn’t about comparing him to anyone else. I know that ultimately that’s what you have to have in an election, and I’ll grant that Biden doesn’t strike me as a strong candidate… but right now it’s about getting rid of Trump and his cabinet and figuring out the rest. Seeing as he won’t even get contested at the Republican Primary level, that leaves one option.

It’s just a crazy indictment of the collective IQ of our population that someone with his background, composition, and blatant disregard for civility is president currently. I understand how it happened 4 years ago, it’s just nuts that his base is unmovable because they think that it’s ‘winning’ somehow (or like I said, are intellectually dishonest enough to keep committing to that).

Well said. This post is quite refreshing.

• miggs6876

@captainwacky said...

I personally enjoy the general distinction of smart vs. intelligent (briefly in which I think smart correlates to getting what you want most easily, intelligent being your capacity to learn and conceptualize).

In that sense, sure, he’s smart— you are correct in saying he’s an all time great grifter, con artist, and manipulator, and it legitimately impressively allowed him to become president. But now we should still be panicking and trying to get rid of him, because he’s a plague on the office and our people.

The worst part is that his manipulation doesn’t work on actual intelligent people, especially other powerful people. He gets decimated in these situations, and it’s costing us dearly on the world stage. It’s also been an absolute nightmare during this pandemic, and we’re not even addressing the boatload of crime he’s committed. It’s easy to make the situation seem ok if you just bring up one deficiency at a time, but the totality of what he’s done is horrifying.

Amen! I almost shed a tear.

• miggs6876

@Awon1 said...

You guys are shocked Trump has so many supporters, but how come no one is shocked Biden is running away with the Democratic nomination.

Do you guys even know anyone who voted for Biden? Who in the world would vote for someone who can’t even remember his own website?

Personally, I’d vote for Wilma Flintstone before I voted for Trump.

• miggs6876

@Awon1 said...

That’s fair. I was quite disappointed with the Democratic nominees. Biden certainly isn’t ideal to say the least. I think he is getting the nominee based on his ability to beat Trump. I wouldn’t over think it.

• miggs6876

@Awon1 said...

Ok yea agree. Oh well.

I guess we can wait for like people to like Pete Buttigieg or something in 2024.

I’m thinking Cuomo. He has been outstanding at his press conferences. In control, knowledgeable, articulate, passionate, trustworthy, etc…Very presidential. The complete opposite of Trump.

• gaelicgirl

Did everyone here want Obamacare? Did anyone consider the individual mandate unconstitutional?

• Awon1

@miggs6876 said...

I’m thinking Cuomo. He has been outstanding at his press conferences. In control, knowledgeable, articulate, passionate, trustworthy, etc…Very presidential. The complete opposite of Trump.

Yea I would vote for Cuomo.

Only problem is if he ran in 2024, I know the other Democrats would use the fact he and his dad took Trump’s money back in the day against him. And a lot of primary voters might actually not vote for Cuomo just because of that. It’s a silly reason but I’m sure some will actually think that way.

I would vote for him for sure though.

• Awon1

@gaelicgirl said...

Did everyone here want Obamacare? Did anyone consider the individual mandate unconstitutional?

I was in high school and college then. I don’t actually even know 100% what it does. I should know but it’s “recent” history so I never learned.

Like is that for people who can’t afford health insurance or something but it guaranteed health insurance to all working individuals? I’m guessing insurance companies didn’t like Obamacare.

For me ever since I graduated, my employer has provided insurance that’s taken out as a deductible from my paycheck every month.

• gaelicgirl

NBA Reportedly Plans to Launch Players-Only NBA 2K Tournament on Friday
    https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2884220-nba-reportedly-plans-to-launch-players-only-nba-2k-tournament-on-friday

And if FD and DK can make contests for it…

• joephoto

@miggs6876 said...

Iā€™m thinking Cuomo. He has been outstanding at his press conferences.

And the MSM is giving him all the positive coverage they can. As a major port-of-entry his state was very unprepared and acted way too late.
    But he’s better on camera than Biden right now.

• superstars92

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #32

RG Tiered Ranking

So I take it no one wants to talk about the NBA? I tried to talk about the draft and I guess we had a few posts about it and now we are back to politics.

I guess I’ll give my 2 cents. Trump is a showman. He cares about winning so he’ll do anything to win in his mind.

People underestimate that he might have ran the greatest campaign in Presidential history. He went from a 0 star recruit to the #1 pick. No one thought he could make it past the first Republican debate at first.

He lies about everything but I think that’s part of him wanting to “win.” So Awon brings up the point where he lies about even what he believes in. That’s probably true. If Trump ran on the Democrat ticket (which he would have done if Hillary wasn’t so dominant), he would have supported illegal immigration. However since he ran on the Republican ticket, he’s against it. It’s just part of his strategy.

All he cared about was winning the battleground states, in particular Michigan, Ohio, and Pennsylvania. He knew he could only win those by winning the votes of the farmers and small business owners and manufacturing workers who had lost their jobs/were paying too much under Obamacare for health insurance/got their jobs outsourced to China/got replaced by immigrants. That’s why he targeted Obamacare, China, and immigrants. I’m not sure he hates China. He loves doing business with them. As Awon said, I’m also not sure he is actually against illegal immigration. However he has to hate them to get the key swing votes to win him the election. That’s why his campaign strategy was so brilliant for him to win.

The only things he for sure 100% cares about are the economy, stock market, and himself (for reelection). Other than that, I’m not sure. However, he said and did the right things to get the swing state votes.

• captainwacky

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #94

RG Tiered Ranking

@gaelicgirl said...

Personally, I thought it was a watered down version of what represented a good step towards universal healthcare, or affordable insurance, or some sort of medical system progress, and it got a little messed up in its final form.

I was OK with the ramifications of the individual mandate as a previously uninsured self-employed person in 2010, and I’m still ok with it as someone who employs (though now that term is more loose at this second lol) between 35-45 people year round now.

• captainwacky

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #94

RG Tiered Ranking

Trump definitely ran an outrageously successful campaign (or had it ran for him, yada yada yada). As much as I want to emphasize that he’s a spectacular failure as a president, you still have to accomplish some insane things to become the president of the United States.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week. Our goal is to help all of our members make more money playing daily fantasy sports!

Bet with your head, not over it!
Gambling Problem? Call 1-800-Gambler