• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

7:00 PM EST : Detroit ( 12 ) at Philadelphia ( -12 ) —- T: —
    7:30 PM EST : New York ( 4.5 ) at Atlanta ( -4.5 ) —- T: 230
    7:30 PM EST : Charlotte ( 9.5 ) at Miami ( -9.5 ) —- T: —
    8:00 PM EST : Utah ( 2 ) at Oklahoma City ( -2 ) —- T: —
    8:00 PM EST : Denver ( 1.5 ) at Dallas ( -1.5 ) —- T: —
    10:30 PM EST : New Orleans ( -2 ) at Sacramento ( 2 ) —- T: 235

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterday’s games will be moved to yesterday’s NBA thread. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

• miggs6876

@tmarohl said...

Did you see the kind of crap Pelosi was trying to put in the relief bill? She got some of it, like money for the performing arts, but that is a perfect example why I won’t vote for a democrat it at all possible. The lines are blurring now though, both parties don’t have an identity that the majority of the people can swallow. Everything is extreme. Dems are drifting further left, and republicans don’t have a rudder and don’t know where they stand in the Trump Era.

Very fair. No arguments here.

• tmarohl

@gaelicgirl said...

If we brought the manufacturing of everything we’ve delegated to China back, then people could earn decent wages again.
    We rely on cheap goods made in China because so many people are stuck in crappy service jobs.
    it’s kind of a vicious cycle we’ve gotten ourselves into, and I think this would be a winning issue.

Exactly. Want to raise wages in the United States, quit importing cheap crap from China. You wan’t to keep wages low, keep importing cheap crap from China.

• miggs6876

@gaelicgirl said...

As if the Democrats aren’t exactly the same.

The dems aren’t innocent victims. They also lie, cheat, and distort. Look no further than to Omar’s statements their responses. However, the thesis of my statement I stand by.

• gaelicgirl

@miggs6876 said...

The dems aren’t innocent victims. They also lie, cheat, and distort. Look no further than to Omar’s statements their responses. However, the thesis of my statement I stand by.

Who’s Omar?

• tmarohl

I’ve talked to several elders lately. People who lived through the depression and World War 2. The conditions we are facing now are eerily similar in a lot of ways. Shortages, rationing, uncertain stock market, the country coming together to support a singular effort, not knowing if you are going to have a job, etc. Some of the most prosperous times in US history followed said events. Here is hoping that happens again.

• gaelicgirl

@tmarohl said...

I’ve talked to several elders lately. People who lived through the depression and World War 2. The conditions we are facing now are eerily similar in a lot of ways. Shortages, rationing, uncertain stock market, the country coming together to support a singular effort, not knowing if you are going to have a job, etc. Some of the most prosperous times in US history followed said events. Here is hoping that happens again.

I hope for that as well

• miggs6876

@tmarohl said...

He seems to be listening to his medical advisors, at least lately, that is a start. I totally agree with his stance on trade, especially with China. The one good thing that may result from Corona is less reliance on country’s like China. If we get caught in a situation like this again where we rely on them for everything shame on us. I expect fundamental changes going forward. Trump is a buffoon, but his stance on things like trade are the right thing for this country in my opinion. We don’t need to import much of anything. We have everything we need here. We need to get by on an economy based on making stuff again in the United States. If it costs a few bucks more, so be it. It is pretty sad that there are antibiotic shortages because we farmed that out to China. Pretty sad that most of our PPE is imported from China. The end result of all of this is that maybe the US will get back to producing our own stuff. With that said, they can continue to produce $12 NBA jerseys, because I’m not paying $125 for a real one that is probably actually made in Vietnam or Thailand:)

Trump is not presidential. That is not even a question. All traditional decorum is out the window. Yes, he is full of himself. But hey, I actually enjoy him bitching at these snotty nose amateur CNN reporters who are just looking for the “Gotcha” moment. They will probably do a two hour prime time special about how Trump backtracked on his own words when a reporter asked him a “legitimate question”. Something like you wanted to open the economy by Easter, but now you are extending the social distancing until the end of April. Why did you lie to the American people? The simple answer, I have more information from the experts and I changed my opinion”. However, the news outlets will crucify him for changing his mind and imply that he is lying. People wonder why Trump was elected. Not very hard to figure out with the Obama 8 year worldwide apology tour, and a historically bad candidate like Hillary waiting in the wings. That is why Trump is the president.

Nice post. The thing that never should have happened is Trump getting the R nominee. That was a colossal error especially when you look at that qualified field. Makes the Dam field look like boys and girls scouts. Hillary was ripe to beat beat for obvious reasons.

Obviously, I’m no Trump fan but I do consider myself open minded and reasonable. His 3 years isn’t all bad. I’m not sure if his negotiations with China will end of being a win for the US. However, he has the balls to do the right thing and try to level the playing field. It’s admirable and should have been tried and accomplished years ago. I think he is on the right track with trade vs China. Unfortunately, the vast number of farmers have been adversely effected.

Lastly, I agree he seems to be listening to the experts. Great sign, but I think it’s the exception and won’t be the norm.

• tmarohl

This mandatory minimum wage crap that dems constantly push is also bullshit. The best thing for wages is a humming economy. As a consultant who works with about 60 clients, I can tell you that when unemployment was at about 2.5 percent, like it was before Corona, that you couldn’t find an employee even willing to work for the $15 dollar minimum wage dems always push. If you have a skill like Welding, Machining, CNC operator or the like, you could expect to make $35 – $40 an hour, with all the overtime your heart desired. Fast Food restaurants were already paying over this $15 wage with benefits to get people to apply. So in my opinion, bottom line, bring back these manufacturing jobs from overseas, make our economy less reliant on foreign low wage production, pay $100 more for your I-Phone or TV, and everyone benefits. Screw Global Markets.

• miggs6876

@gaelicgirl said...

Who’s Omar?

Ilhan Omar Dem Congress women out of Minn.. She has made several anti semantic comments.

• miggs6876

@tmarohl said...

This mandatory minimum wage crap that dems constantly push is also bullshit. The best thing for wages is a humming economy. As a consultant who works with about 60 clients, I can tell you that when unemployment was at about 2.5 percent, like it was before Corona, that you couldn’t find an employee even willing to work for the $15 dollar minimum wage dems always push. If you have a skill like Welding, Machining, CNC operator or the like, you could expect to make $35 – $40 an hour, with all the overtime your heart desired. Fast Food restaurants were already paying over this $15 wage with benefits to get people to apply. So in my opinion, bottom line, bring back these manufacturing jobs from overseas, make our economy less reliant on foreign low wage production, pay $100 more for your I-Phone or TV, and everyone benefits. Screw Global Markets.

A little out of my area of expertise. It’s sound logical and sound. I am just not sure lots will be willing to pay more for products even if it’s for the good of the country.

• tmarohl

@miggs6876 said...

A little out of my area of expertise. It’s sound logical and sound. I am just not sure lots will be willing to pay more for products even if it’s for the good of the country.

It really is not that complicated. For instance, right now oil markets are tanking. US oil producers can’t make money, because the market is being flooded by cheap Saudi and Russian oil. We can’t produce it for near the cost these importers can sell it for. So we take their $20 a barrel oil, and thousands of people in the US are out of work. Rely on ourselves, limit imports, and our economy will balance itself. We pay $35 or $40 dollars a barrel from domestic producers, people are working and spending money. You can apply that principal to about any product. But no, us Americans want the cheapest stuff possible, and it is a vicious circle, that leads us to be a service economy that doesn’t produce anything.

• joephoto

@SkateFiend said...

In CA the 1% pays nearly third or half of the revenue. When the revenue source dries up they won’t have money to feed and take care of their large and often impoverished population.

Anybody making a good income is being taxed out to AZ, NV, or anywhere else it seems. It’s as though they love having more and more on welfare and homeless. I just don’t understand California. I mean-they also build homes in dry, remote, wooded areas. Crazy.

• Zieg30

@tmarohl said...

Did you see the kind of crap Pelosi was trying to put in the relief bill? She got some of it, like money for the performing arts, but that is a perfect example why I won’t vote for a democrat it at all possible. The lines are blurring now though, both parties don’t have an identity that the majority of the people can swallow. Everything is extreme. Dems are drifting further left, and republicans don’t have a rudder and don’t know where they stand in the Trump Era.

It’s a real shame that we have such a locked-in two party system.

I am going to vote for anybody-but-Trump without question, but I hate what the Democratic Party does at times, and stands for at times, as well.

Also, the relief bill also contains a huge tax break for wealthy real estate investors. That wasn’t Pelosi. That was Republicans up to their old “give as much money to the wealthy” tricks. It’s a shame it’s in this bill.

• miggs6876

@Zieg30 said...

It’s a real shame that we have such a locked-in two party system.

I am going to vote for anybody-but-Trump without question, but I hate what the Democratic Party does at times, and stands for at times, as well.

Also, the relief bill also contains a huge tax break for wealthy real estate investors. That wasn’t Pelosi. That was Republicans up to their old “give as much money to the wealthy” tricks. It’s a shame it’s in this bill.

Correct the sad part is Fox news only covers the Pelosi BS while CNN only covers the wealthy BS. Thus, most consumers are never fully informed and only hear their side. Polarizing it is…

• mbunner23

@superstars92 said...

So I take it no one wants to talk about the NBA? I tried to talk about the draft and I guess we had a few posts about it and now we are back to politics.

I guess I’ll give my 2 cents. Trump is a showman. He cares about winning so he’ll do anything to win in his mind.

People underestimate that he might have ran the greatest campaign in Presidential history. He went from a 0 star recruit to the #1 pick. No one thought he could make it past the first Republican debate at first.

He lies about everything but I think that’s part of him wanting to “win.” So Awon brings up the point where he lies about even what he believes in. That’s probably true. If Trump ran on the Democrat ticket (which he would have done if Hillary wasn’t so dominant), he would have supported illegal immigration. However since he ran on the Republican ticket, he’s against it. It’s just part of his strategy.

All he cared about was winning the battleground states, in particular Michigan, Ohio, and Pennsylvania. He knew he could only win those by winning the votes of the farmers and small business owners and manufacturing workers who had lost their jobs/were paying too much under Obamacare for health insurance/got their jobs outsourced to China/got replaced by immigrants. That’s why he targeted Obamacare, China, and immigrants. I’m not sure he hates China. He loves doing business with them. As Awon said, I’m also not sure he is actually against illegal immigration. However he has to hate them to get the key swing votes to win him the election. That’s why his campaign strategy was so brilliant for him to win.

The only things he for sure 100% cares about are the economy, stock market, and himself (for reelection). Other than that, I’m not sure. However, he said and did the right things to get the swing state votes.

In your opinion, who are some of the better players in this years draft?

We touched on Obi earlier, he seems like he’ll be a solid role player which is enough in this draft.

I think Lamelo has potential as a 6’7 PG with excellent handles and vision but he has questionable shot selection along with a mediocre jumper.

Avdija is another guy who intrigues me, tall, athletic and can shoot it. hell either be Hezonja or Gallo.

Wiseman, Edwards look like busts to me. Your thoughts?

• BIF

@gaelicgirl said...

How much is there to really say about golf?

Now now Gaelic, we are a tight community – if you could catch the virus over the internet, the entire golf forum would have it !

• Awon1

I think you guys are all cool people here even though we disagree on a lot of things between us (some are pro Trump, some are against, etc). I like everyone talking about their side and we can all discuss.

There’s this other forum on here where we were talking about stocks and I thought it was interesting because I wanted to learn a few things and this know-it-all who’s never posted before just comes in and details the entire conversation. I can’t stand people like that.

Here if we disagree it’s ok no one is going to have an issue. We also posted before what we disagree on and contribute to the topic, but can’t stand when a guy who’s never even posted comes in and tells us we are all idiots.

Sorry just had to rant.

• Awon1

I went out running early this morning and there’s like maybe 10% of the people I usually see. Granted it’s very early but there used to be a lot more people out and even during non-work hours there’s like no one.

• yisman

@gaelicgirl said...

Who’s Omar?

Ilhan Omar, a terrible person who got elected to the House in Minnesota.

• theIrrigator

• Ranked #66

RG Tiered Ranking

@Awon1 said...

Here if we disagree it’s ok no one is going to have an issue. We also posted before what we disagree on and contribute to the topic, but can’t stand when a guy who’s never even posted comes in and tells us we are all idiots.

Had to go see who you were talking about. Yeah that guy sucks

• Awon1

@theIrrigator said...

Had to go see who you were talking about. Yeah that guy sucks

Like me and you disagree and I know I can be annoying (Completely agree with you by the way no hard feelings), but I would never force my opinion on others and degrade someone personally.

I really don’t know much about stocks and wanted to learn and I really want to do trading now that dfs is gone (some would call me a degen waking up 6 just to trade!), but now I feel like the two people I’ve been asking questions from won’t post and I lose out as a result.

• frugal

@gaelicgirl said...

Did everyone here want Obamacare? Did anyone consider the individual mandate unconstitutional?

I think the democrats totally shit the bed with the ACA. My premiums have sky rocketed with coverage shrinking. I think they had the right idea at the core, I appreciate some of the concepts like forcing coverage of preexisting conditions, more transparent payout ratios, and to try and cover nearly everyone, but the implmentation was poor. As usually trying to placate corporate interests results in poor legislation which just doesn’t work.

• Awon1

Good news I just read.

Italy has seen a decrease in number of cases for multiple days now.

Hopefully US will be on that trajectory in 2 weeks.

• frugal

@gaelicgirl said...

If we brought the manufacturing of everything we’ve delegated to China back, then people could earn decent wages again.
    We rely on cheap goods made in China because so many people are stuck in crappy service jobs.
    It’s kind of a vicious cycle we’ve gotten ourselves into, and I think this would be a winning issue.

Much of it will come back. But it’s never coming back in the form of manual manufacturing plants. We are at the tipping point where JIT automated production often on premise will be cheaper than shipping across the globe. In other words, Amazon distribution warehouses will be making many things on demand using a combination of 3D printing and robotics. They’ve been working on it since 2014 and were awarded a patent for the business model a couple years ago.

https://www.3ders.org/articles/20180103-amazon-awarded-patent-for-innovative-new-on-demand-3d-printing-retail-service.html

• marker0357

I wouldn’t be surprised to hear a “near” national lockdown announced today. I could see domestic passenger travel paused for at least 2 weeks. Birx has already hinted over the last few days that the expectation is that the virus is coming soon to a theatre near you. This nonsense about thinking that areas of the country will not be impacted is nonsense. Every metro area, certainly, will feel this sooner or later. States are already getting ahead of any announcement by stiffening on their own. There will be more throughout the week.

I am also disgusted by the misuse of what we call businesses critical to remain open. Just because you are in distribution doesn’t mean that you are delivering medical equipment or groceries. Just because you are in manufacturing doesn’t mean that you are producing critical goods. I know of far too many people who are still working and their jobs being considered critical is nonsense. It feels more like an excuse to close down if you don’t have enough business. If you want to remain open, it sure seems to be easy enough to call yourself critical. We might as well say that we really only mean the service industry is the only one impacted. Nonsense. This doesn’t go away anytime soon unless we get serious about staying at home. Period.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week. Our goal is to help all of our members make more money playing daily fantasy sports!

Bet with your head, not over it!
Gambling Problem? Call 1-800-Gambler