• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

7:00 PM EST : Detroit ( 12 ) at Philadelphia ( -12 ) —- T: —
    7:30 PM EST : New York ( 4.5 ) at Atlanta ( -4.5 ) —- T: 230
    7:30 PM EST : Charlotte ( 9.5 ) at Miami ( -9.5 ) —- T: —
    8:00 PM EST : Utah ( 2 ) at Oklahoma City ( -2 ) —- T: —
    8:00 PM EST : Denver ( 1.5 ) at Dallas ( -1.5 ) —- T: —
    10:30 PM EST : New Orleans ( -2 ) at Sacramento ( 2 ) —- T: 235

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterday’s games will be moved to yesterday’s NBA thread. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

• miggs6876

@jcrebs said...

My 2 cents about a couple of topics.
    Regarding Trump’s reversal to now listen to his medical advisers, extend the guidelines until 4/30, and agree that the best case scenario is 100k-200k usa deaths, he did this solely to be able to say later that he did a great job by minimizing deaths. If the medical advisers advise to move the date again and again, he will continue to do so, as it keeps his outcome at the current best case scenario, and when this is all over, he will deny that he ever did or said anything differently. I think that he sees this approach as the best way to get re elected.
    Re bringing manufacturing jobs back to the USA, not easy. I worked in the garment manufacturing business , starting in 1968 when the factories were all in the South, as they had moved from the East for cheaper labor costs. By the early 80’s, even the South was too expensive, and production moved to Korea and Taiwan, and my job moved from manufacturing management to sourcing. At that time there were quotas set by trade agreements between each country, that controlled how many units of each category, for example mens jackets with chief value synthetic outer shell, could be imported into the USA in each year. As more companies flocked to Asia, other countries, Phillipines, Thailand, Sri Lanka, Malaysia,Bangladesh etc became manufacturing sources, as quota was used up , and you had to keep moving to acquire enough quota to fill your orders. China slowly entered the picture in the early 90’s, but was restricted by quota, also. In 1994 the Multi Fibre Agreement was reached by all members of the WTO, to eliminate all quotas over 10 years. Since 2004, there have been no quotas for textile products and China has dominated the market due to price and volume capability. There is no supply chain in the USA to bring back much of this category, no mills, no trim, no factories, would be a major undertaking to re start , and the cost would be higher than Americans would be willing to pay.

Great insight. Thanks.

• captainwacky

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #94

RG Tiered Ranking

So he’s exempt from objective criticism and we shouldn’t point out that he’s a failure, even as people are suffering and dying from his decision tree during a pandemic, got it.

I’m proud of the way our populous has reacted during this time, for sure. I just hope we continue to get our heads on correctly and never let this psycho near an elected office again.

• marker0357

@frugal said...

You should read up a little deeper on where the call to action came from, who signed on, and when it happened.

And also realize Trump has little understanding of “business” outside real estate and branding…

Withdrawn. I’m not going to further argue the point. Clearly, he has done nothing and we would be much better with any other leader or no leader at all.

• frugal

@marker0357 said...

You should vote your conscious but as long as he is our leader, we should support him.

And that was Trump’s position during the Obama admin right?

• captainwacky

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #94

RG Tiered Ranking

@marker0357 said...

Withdrawn. I’m not going to further argue the point. Clearly, he has done nothing and we would be much better with any other leader or no leader at all.

This is astonishingly accurate.

• miggs6876

@frugal said...

I’m a little older than you with a family and a spouse with an ongoing medical condition. So I just have to suck it up and pay. Universal healthcare is one position of the uber progressive I’m 100% behind, especially since “how are we going to pay for it” really no longer matters.

I have mixed feelings about it. I think it should be a fundamental right that all Americans get healthcare. Additionally, Americans pay way too much for healthcare and medicine. I don’t mind paying a little more if it means more people who can’t afford care get covered. I do have a problem with the greedy corporations getting rich off us.

• Awon1

@theIrrigator said...

I have been since a few days after this thread was started. Started out just playing online but lately have just been playing My Career

I started playing video games again. It’s kind of sad but there’s not much to do.

Are all your gyms also shut down?

• Pandamonious

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #91

RG Tiered Ranking

• 2019 Blogger of the Month

https://www.gatestoneinstitute.org/15821/coronavirus-spain-ideology

“A class action lawsuit filed in Spain accuses the government of knowingly endangering public safety by encouraging the public to participate in more than 75 feminist marches on March 8, to mark International Women’s Day, in the midst of the coronavirus pandemic.”

• marker0357

@captainwacky said...

I traditionally like to assess candidates case-by-case for every election, including presidential. I have no affiliation to a party, despite how strongly I am pushing against Donald Trump. I would throw a party if somehow they let George W Bush take a 3rd term instead of Trump’s second, and I detested him as a president. That’s how bad Trump is.

agree with GB but I do not have a political affiliation either. I just know that I’m proud to live here and feel strongly that divided, we are much weaker than we would be if we were aligned.

• Awon1

Can someone explain why the capital gains tax is only 15%?

That should be what some of you would be worried about?

How do you get taxed more for DFS winnings than capital gains? Also most the capital gains will come from rich people who can live still comfortably whether they have 20 or 18 million.

• captainwacky

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #94

RG Tiered Ranking

Not being able to play ball at all is pretty much the sum of all fears for me. I have a key to a gym, so I can shoot around (which has honestly been a lifesaver), but no organized basketball is brutal.

• Awon1

@captainwacky said...

Not being able to play ball at all is pretty much the sum of all fears for me. I have a key to a gym, so I can shoot around (which has honestly been a lifesaver), but no organized basketball is brutal.

Wait you can sneak into the gym?

I live in like one of those big apartment buildings with a gym and like the amenities like basketball court, swimming, and tennis court, and they banned it all. Like I’m physically unable to even reach the door since it’s walled off. Part of my rent also went towards that gym and they didn’t reduce my rent…

Everything’s shut down actually. The lobby area with the TV and pool table for hosting events is shut down. All the doorman are wearing masks. It’s not great.

• captainwacky

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #94

RG Tiered Ranking

@marker0357 said...

agree with GB but I do not have a political affiliation either. I just know that I’m proud to live here and feel strongly that divided, we are much weaker than we would be if we were aligned.

I’m proud to live here and be an American, which is why I push so hard in these instances. If your friends invited someone over to a party you were throwing, and that guy got blacked out and destroyed everything in your house, you wouldn’t be like “guys, we should support him because it seemed ok to invite him over at some point.” We should be trying to improve our country at every turn.

• captainwacky

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #94

RG Tiered Ranking

@Awon1 said...

Wait you can sneak into the gym?

I live in like one of those big apartment buildings with a gym and like the amenities like basketball court, swimming, and tennis court, and they banned it all. Like I’m physically unable to even reach the door since it’s walled off. Part of my rent also went towards that gym and they didn’t reduce my rent…

I used to coach a high school team… has it’s perks at times :)

• miggs6876

@Awon1 said...

If you are going to bash Elizabeth Warren for being a liar, perhaps you can be fair and bash Trump?

All politicians are liars. Joe Biden may be the most honest politician out there and he’s only that way since I think he’s possibly mentally unable to lie.

Lol.

• BerkeleyBoss

@Awon1 said...

Can someone explain why the capital gains tax is only 15%?

That should be what some of you would be worried about?

How do you get taxed more for DFS winnings than capital gains? Also most the capital gains will come from rich people who can live still comfortably whether they have 20 or 18 million.

Because it disproportionately benefits the most powerful people in the country.

• miggs6876

@marker0357 said...

Let’s be clear, he’s not “my guy” as I’ve said numerous times but he is Our Leader, whether we like it or not.

Leader and Trump should never be used in the same sentence. He is a con man and a disgrace. I’m embarrassed by his behavior and I cringe every time he talks. It’s obvious why world leaders mock, laugh, and placate him.

• telestraightshooter

@captainwacky said...

Your guy is a con man

and this is news?
    lol

Whats news is people who think more than 15% of people in High office Are Not!

• captainwacky

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #94

RG Tiered Ranking

@telestraightshooter said...

and this is news?
    lol

I think there’s a lot of corruption at all levels and parties of politics. Even if we assume this to be true and that prior presidents in every administration were privy or complicit, or whatever (which might be a stretch), it’s never been this bad or optically open. Also, everything trump does is for personal monetary gain or to let his supporters syphon money. You could at least point to prior leaders having flattened motives and making policies that helped our country (even if you want to play along and say they might be corrupt).

• miggs6876

@marker0357 said...

that was recently attempted, Sir.

We get through this much quicker without dividing amongst ourselves. You should vote your conscious but as long as he is our leader, we should support him.

I understand, it’s difficult to give any sort of credit to someone who is so full of himself. It’s easy to say that he (we) should have reacted sooner. Political motives aside, I’m satisfied with the job that these leaders are doing but mostly I’m impressed by the American people.

Your political standards seem low. Im not happy will the job Trump and his administration had done. Failing grades on healthcare reform, immigration reform, foreign policy, and the econony. Not to mention, failure to lead the country and unite us.

• joephoto

@Awon1 said...

If you are going to bash Elizabeth Warren for being a liar, perhaps you can be fair and bash Trump?

Because I don’t come here to bash the President in every single post.
    Some here have TDS, Trump Derangement Syndrome. They can’t help it at this point. It drives them crazy.

• frugal

@telestraightshooter said...

and this is news?
    lol

Agreed. But I’ll say this. I do believe Reagan, both Bushes, and Obama all felt they were acting in to general public’s best interest. You could disagree with the policy (they all passed some very sketchy stuff) and they all absolutely were liars to differing degrees, but I think they were generally not totally corrupt (I particularly feel Obama got a bad wrap). I think Clinton was an absolute scoundrel who was 100% about getting laid and getting rich. I think Trump makes Clinton look like a saint.

• BerkeleyBoss

@joephoto said...

Link

Quote Reply

When you have no logical response, resort to gaslighting!

• captainwacky

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #94

RG Tiered Ranking

@frugal said...

Agreed. But I’ll say this. I do believe Reagan, both Bushes, and Obama all felt they were acting in to general public’s best interest. You could disagree with the policy (they all passed some very sketchy stuff) and they all absolutely were liars to differing degrees, but I think they were generally not totally corrupt (I particularly feel Obama got a bad wrap). I think Clinton was an absolute scoundrel who was 100% about getting laid and getting rich. I think Trump makes Clinton look like a saint.

Yeah, we pretty much wrote the exact same thing lol

• Awon1

@Awon1 said...

If I had to vote in 2020, I probably would vote Trump over Biden. But I’m not voting for anyone so it’s a moot point. Besides my state is Blue no matter what so it’s not a potential swing state like Wisconsin.

It’s just crazy how come we can’t get a smart and coherent candidate who doesn’t need to stroke his ego or lie every 5 mins.

^Odd that JoePhoto thinks I have Trump derangement syndrome but I wrote this yesterday. Did he even read my quoted post above. I make fun of Trump as much as Biden. I’m pretty fair.

I would say I’m actually right in the middle of this sub in terms of Trump love/hate (a lot more people hate Trump way more than me as I’m fairly neutral). However, people who suck up to Trump can’t see facts. I guess that’s how Trump manages to get all their votes cause he knows how easy it is to trick them. This is Trump’s great trick.

So I wonder does Joe have Warren Derangement Syndrome? I just asked a simple question lol. Maybe he has WDS, which is strange since Warren is not even a contender.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week. Our goal is to help all of our members make more money playing daily fantasy sports!

Bet with your head, not over it!
Gambling Problem? Call 1-800-Gambler