• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

7:00 PM EST : Detroit ( 12 ) at Philadelphia ( -12 ) —- T: —
    7:30 PM EST : New York ( 4.5 ) at Atlanta ( -4.5 ) —- T: 230
    7:30 PM EST : Charlotte ( 9.5 ) at Miami ( -9.5 ) —- T: —
    8:00 PM EST : Utah ( 2 ) at Oklahoma City ( -2 ) —- T: —
    8:00 PM EST : Denver ( 1.5 ) at Dallas ( -1.5 ) —- T: —
    10:30 PM EST : New Orleans ( -2 ) at Sacramento ( 2 ) —- T: 235

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterday’s games will be moved to yesterday’s NBA thread. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

• Zieg30

@Awon1 said...

I think the governor will be shutting it down very soon. There’s a lot of pressure on him from what I read and with the aging population he can’t let it get bad.

I think it will be bad regardless right now. Florida is going to get hit hard. The Governor isn’t helping the situation.

• Awon1

Lol Trish Regan just got fired from Fox for propoganda involving the cornavirus….lol I can’t believe Fox actually fired her.

• theIrrigator

• Ranked #66

RG Tiered Ranking

@gje627 said...

It seem to me ….

The “NBA 3/11” DFS forum thread has pretty-much run it’s course and it’s long past due to lock-down … permanently ….

Nobody wants to talk about Nascar. Trying to close this thread will not help you in that endeavor

• theIrrigator

• Ranked #66

RG Tiered Ranking

@BIF said...

Our numbers have to be among the lowest in North America because the majority of people have listened and followed what we have been told. Weird huh ?

I think its cause no one wants to travel to Canada except for Meghan Markle and Prince Harry. I see they have already decided that was a bad idea and are in L.A.

Hopefully yall went on lockdown soon enough that it didnt have time to start seeding and more cases dont start popping up in the next couple weeks. U.S. was at least a month behind

• theIrrigator

• Ranked #66

RG Tiered Ranking

@gje627 said...

My entire post was intended to be funny (facetious) … including the lock-down part ….

Lesson Learned?

Obviously am I “not funny” … but I also don’t know how to make my prose flow in order for it to make sense ….

Sorry (sincerely) it struck the wrong chord with a lot of folks ….

Try to add a gif next time. We nba’ers love a good gif. The nba thread is the reason there is a gif rule. Well mainly because of catzworld. He had a gif problem and ruined the good things we had going last year

• theIrrigator

• Ranked #66

RG Tiered Ranking

@Awon1 said...

Well I guess I can talk about some basketball.

Does anyone know how KAT’s mom is doing now? Last time I checked it said she was in a medically induced coma. I had a friend in that once it’s even scarier on paper, but it usually happens so that doctors don’t want you to overwhelm your other organs so they put you in a coma. Hope she’s ok and recovers.

No updates that I have heard. His father was also infected but dont think it is hitting him as hard

• BIF

@theIrrigator said...

I think its cause no one wants to travel to Canada except for Meghan Markle and Prince Harry. I see they have already decided that was a bad idea and are in L.A.

Hopefully yall went on lockdown soon enough that it didnt have time to start seeding and more cases dont start popping up in the next couple weeks. U.S. was at least a month behind

Not saying we are through the worst of it yet but most provinces‘ numbers are looking good – of course our 2 highest density cities (Toronto and Vancouver) are furthest behind Plus they have the most covIDIOTS out on the beach or in other public spaces – most cities are getting the first signs of spring so I realize it’s tough to stay in after a long cold snowy winter but I’d rather sacrifice a few weeks of spring to be able to golf and enjoy summer outside !

• gje627

@theIrrigator said...

Nobody wants to talk about Nascar. Trying to close this thread will not help you in that endeavor

Yeah … like I said earlier. No more posts … including NASCAR … so no worries.

May reply to some posts, if directed explicitly at/towards me (like this one) … or not.

So you can rest easy my friend …. :)

• Pandamonious

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #91

RG Tiered Ranking

• 2019 Blogger of the Month

@Awon1 said...

You live in Detroit?

Detroits inner city could be a major problem since everyone’s so close and it’s already got lots of problems which isn’t helped by this virus. Hope you and everyone there is ok.

Not in Detroit. I live roughly 40 miles north of there.

• Jaguar22

@theIrrigator said...

Ah you little….

• Jaguar22

@gaelicgirl said...

Haven’t heard anything more about KAT’s mom. I did just read that Doris Burke has tested positive, though.

In order to find a cure for corona we need to know its origin gotta find the box to the puzzle before we can even begin to put pieces together. I think it’s important to atleast work with china regardless of them being responsible for virus everything else is secondary

• SkateFiend

@BIF said...

Not saying we are through the worst of it yet but most provinces‘ numbers are looking good – of course our 2 highest density cities (Toronto and Vancouver) are furthest behind Plus they have the most covIDIOTS out on the beach or in other public spaces – most cities are getting the first signs of spring so I realize it’s tough to stay in after a long cold snowy winter but I’d rather sacrifice a few weeks of spring to be able to golf and enjoy summer outside !

Canada is bigger than America but only has around 40 million people. I imagine a lot of people are more spread out in vast empty lands. Plus I hear some Canadians tend to be more introverts.

Both Canada and America are huge. Not even corona virus could cover all of it. There are a few states (which are American equivalent of Manitoba or New Brunswick) that are reporting zero deaths. That will likely change, but the public’s opinion will increasingly shift more towards locking down epicenters like NY and letting parts of the economy elsewhere slowly reopen.

• joephoto

@Jaguar22 said...

important to atleast work with china regardless of them being responsible for virus everything else is secondary

But I’m guessing China will try to pass any responsibility. No help there.

• telestraightshooter

@SkateFiend said...

but the public’s opinion will increasingly shift more towards locking down epicenters

Like Toronto w/ SARS1

• telestraightshooter

Gov Cuomo making some sense here:

Sweeping statewide quarantine orders may not have been the most effective strategy to combat the coronavirus, Gov. Andrew Cuomo conceded on Thursday, as he weighed plans to restart the economy.

“We closed everything down. That was our public health strategy,” said Cuomo during an Albany press briefing. “If you re-thought that or had time to analyze that public health strategy, I don’t know that you would say ‘Quarantine everyone.’”

It’s the third day in a row that Cuomo has publicly mused about quarantines and how best to eventually restart the Empire State’s shattered economy. …

“I don’t even know that that was the best public health policy. Young people then quarantined with older people, [it] was probably not the best public health strategy,” he said. “The younger people could have been exposing the older people to an infection.”

Nightmare scenario.. State of Rhode Island has Police and National Guard at several border entrances, to “stop” vehicles with NEW YORK plates on them.. and those snagged will be forced to self-quarantine for 14 days upon entry into R.I. State! How can that be?

• BIF

@SkateFiend said...

Canada is bigger than America but only has around 40 million people. I imagine a lot of people are more spread out in vast empty lands. Plus I hear some Canadians tend to be more introverts.

Both Canada and America are huge. Not even corona virus could cover all of it. There are a few states (which are American equivalent of Manitoba or New Brunswick) that are reporting zero deaths. That will likely change, but the public’s opinion will increasingly shift more towards locking down epicenters like NY and letting parts of the economy elsewhere slowly reopen.

Yes Canada is vast but 90+% of the population lives within a couple hours of the US border – if you get much further away from the border, the weather gets exponentially worse in winter so there is a lot of uninhabited areas, bush, lakes, mining and oil exploration. So yeah while we are a vast country, we still do have some population density issues at risk for the virus in cities like Toronto, Vancouver, Calgary and Montreal

Not sure on the rest of the country for deaths by province but my province of Manitoba now just had its 1st death.

Not sure what to think on the introverts comment, but an equivalent comment would be that all Americans live in trailer parks except the rich who have mansions….I hope that sounds real dumb because that’s how the introverts comment did to me 😂

• gaelicgirl

@866 said...

Nightmare scenario.. State of Rhode Island has Police and National Guard at several border entrances, to “stop” vehicles with NEW YORK plates on them.. and those snagged will be forced to self-quarantine for 14 days upon entry into R.I. State! How can that be?

Because RI wants to make sure people escaping from NY

aren’t bringing an infectious disease with them?

• yisman

@gaelicgirl said...

They absolutely did. Came across this chilling timeline in my internet browsing last night
    https://www.nationalreview.com/the-morning-jolt/chinas-devastating-lies/?utm_source=recirc-desktop&utm_medium=article&utm_campaign=right-rail&utm_content=top-stories&utm_term=second
    The World Health Organization, whether out of an overabundance of political correctness or sheer incompetence, also deserves blame for failing to raise the alarm over this global health threat

Yes, the Chinese did everything they could to make sure the virus was as devastating as possible by continually lying to the world about it. If their numbers are to believed, they got off easy, while Italy, Spain, and the USA took the brunt of it.

The Chinese sunk the world economy and are responsible for the deaths of probably millions… again.

• Jaguar22

Crap now we gotta worry about hantavirus

• gaelicgirl

@Jaguar22 said...

Crap now we gotta worry about hantavirus

“Nothing to worry about.” – China

• Jaguar22

@gaelicgirl said...

“Nothing to worry about.” – China

Lol who will china blame now

• Awon1

Can someone explain to me how Russia, which borders China has so few coronavirus cases? Even Japan which is only a small body of water away doesn’t have that many compared to the US (adjusted for population), and Japan is very densely populated. Same with India currently despite bordering China. Same with Canada. (All adjusted for population density).

But yet US has so many freaking cases? Anyone wanna explain?

Why are countries directly next to China not as affected right now? Canada is next to the US but has a much better trajectory?

I doubt they are all lying about numbers. US might be under reporting too given so many people haven’t been tested.

Need an explanation cause that kinda makes me mad US has so many more compared to countries which should have been hit harder.

• telestraightshooter

@Awon1 said...

But yet US has so many freaking cases? Anyone wanna explain?

Why are countries directly next to China not as affected right now?

Japan/ S.Korea/ Hong Kong/ Singapore

• all have gone thru 1 -5 CoronarVirus outbreaks since SARS1, and were far better prepared.

Not alot of travel between Russia & China
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sino-Soviet_border_conflict

Italy/ Iran/ Spain/ USA
    Top trading partners w/ China

• telestraightshooter

@yisman said...

Yes, the Chinese did everything they could to make sure the virus was as devastating as possible

From Nice link to NR by gg:
    According to a New York Times study of cellphone data from China, 175,000 people leave Wuhan (January 1st)
    Mass Exodus when Local ChiCom party members realize SARS2 is afoot in Wuhan….
    …of course they are jailing those sounding alarm for disrupting the peace.

When Chernobyl exploded USSR officials fled, and kept the masses ignorant.
    In fact there was Big Parade a bit down river in Keiv that weekend, the Party bigwigs’s reviewing stands… EMPTY.

They say Communism is the “peoples party”, but it’s just the people who get played

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week. Our goal is to help all of our members make more money playing daily fantasy sports!

Bet with your head, not over it!
Gambling Problem? Call 1-800-Gambler