• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

7:00 PM EST : Detroit ( 12 ) at Philadelphia ( -12 ) —- T: —
    7:30 PM EST : New York ( 4.5 ) at Atlanta ( -4.5 ) —- T: 230
    7:30 PM EST : Charlotte ( 9.5 ) at Miami ( -9.5 ) —- T: —
    8:00 PM EST : Utah ( 2 ) at Oklahoma City ( -2 ) —- T: —
    8:00 PM EST : Denver ( 1.5 ) at Dallas ( -1.5 ) —- T: —
    10:30 PM EST : New Orleans ( -2 ) at Sacramento ( 2 ) —- T: 235

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterday’s games will be moved to yesterday’s NBA thread. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

• tmarohl

CNN really is fake news, after watching the press conference, and seeing them do fact checks on just about every statement.

Example – Trump says – we have tested more people than anyone.
    Within 30 seconds, CNN puts up a scroll – Breaking News – Italy has tested 3 x more people per capita than the US.

Problem is, per capita wasn’t the statement.

• gaelicgirl

@tmarohl said...

CNN really is fake news, after watching the press conference, and seeing them do fact checks on just about every statement.

They’re always in a lather at CNN – it’s kind of hilarious – but I have it on all day to keep up with the news. Just have to filter out the political bias during the day…the international coverage that starts at 1 am PT is a bit less partisan.

• marker0357

@gaelicgirl said...

They’re always in a lather at CNN – it’s kind of hilarious – but I have it on all day to keep up with the news. Just have to filter out the political bias during the day…the international coverage that starts at 1 am PT is a bit less partisan.

Impossible to filter out the bias unless you turn off the volume

• superstars92

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #32

RG Tiered Ranking

Some relevant NBA news.

Onyeka Okongwu declares for the draft. There is a chance he has the highest upside among any player in this draft. If I were the Warriors, this is who I would draft, as he is a true modern day C. He’s very raw, but that’s ok on the Warriors since they have veterans to help him.

Interesting fact. He played with Lonzo Ball, LiAngelo Ball, and LaMelo Ball in HS at Chino Hills. Wouldn’t it be something the guy no one talked about on those Chino Hills teams turned out to be the best player among the bunch. All you read about was the Ball brothers and here Okongwu might be the best player on those teams.

There is a non-zero chance Okongwu and LaMelo Ball can go 1-2 in the draft. I don’t believe two HS freshman teammates have ever gone 1-2 (Zion and Ja were AAU teammates not HS teammates).

• miggs6876

@tmarohl said...

Within 30 seconds, CNN puts up a scroll – Breaking News – Italy has tested 3 x more people per capita than the US.

I hear you. However, one can say Trump’s implied statement is deceptive.

• superstars92

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #32

RG Tiered Ranking

Speaking of the draft, besides Okongwu and Ball, a lot of places have Anthony Edwards projected as the #1 pick. There is absolutely nothing special about Anthony Edwards. If he goes #1, it would be the one of the weakest #1 picks ever.

• miggs6876

@gaelicgirl said...

Im not here to defend CNN but Fox News isn’t any more accurate. They used to be but they have really lost huge amounts of credibility. Just watch Hannity, Dobbs, Laura I, and Judge Jeanine. I have no problem with being Pro Trump but they have crossed the line. Same goes for CNN. Sadly, most of the media isn’t interested in the truth unless it suits their agenda. Lots not only call out CNN.

• BerkeleyBoss

@tmarohl said...

Same as Miggs, I’m not here to defend CNN, but I personally very much appreciate that fact-check/clarification. We obviously need more tests per capita.

• Jaguar22

@tmarohl said...

Fox News is fake have you ever watch those bootlickers indoctrinate their followers

• Pandamonious

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #91

RG Tiered Ranking

• 2019 Blogger of the Month

Almost all easily accessible media is fake.

If I own media, I probably have money. Why would I want media I own report something that doesn’t fit my agenda. I’m going to use that media platform to project what suits me best. This is just commen sense. This is how its always been.

Does anyone here remember when your local newspaper was a thing and they would pick a candidate to support? Then a lot of times that local paper would have a competitor local paper and they’d pick the other guy?

Imagine that paper then running any articles putting that candidate in a negative light? How stupid would that be.

• joephoto

It is just so laughable. Because CNN, WSJ, NYT etc. have NO candidate for president.
    They are going Nutty Crazy constantly blaming the elected president every hour of the day, every day, for any reason they can make up.
    Incredible.

• Zieg30

@joephoto said...

It is just so laughable. Because CNN, WSJ, NYT etc. have NO candidate for president.
    They are going Nutty Crazy constantly blaming the elected president every hour of the day, every day, for any reason they can make up.
    Incredible.

They shouldn’t have a candidate for president. Nor should Fox News. No news organization should “have a candidate”.

Fox News is nothing but a propaganda arm for the Trump administration at this point. CNN, and many of the others, however, have become extremely problematic themselves over the last few years. The anti-Trump bias is readily apparent.

That said, calling out Trump on his lies isn’t a problem. It’s when you go too far (like the example above of referencing per capita tests – his statement itself wasn’t inaccurate of a half-truth), that there is a problem.

• miggs6876

@Pandamonious said...

Almost all easily accessible media is fake.

If I own media, I probably have money. Why would I want media I own report something that doesn’t fit my agenda. I’m going to use that media platform to project what suits me best. This is just commen sense. This is how its always been.

Does anyone here remember when your local newspaper was a thing and they would pick a candidate to support? Then a lot of times that local paper would have a competitor local paper and they’d pick the other guy?

Imagine that paper then running any articles putting that candidate in a negative light? How stupid would that be.

Panda, the theme of your post is true. Media always has a level of bias built in. I believe the media in the 80s and 90s was more honest and accurate. Yes still biased to a degree but they were still interested in the truth. They didn’t cross the lines that the media crosses today. Today’s media is much less interested in the truth of at all. Prime examples of this are Don Lemon, Hannity, Dobbs, Wolf Blitzer, Judge Jeanine, Laura I, Rush, etc. One guy who is far is more than fair is Chris Wallace. Just my 2 cents.

• miggs6876

@joephoto said...

Incredible.

The president gives them plenty of “ammo.” No need for them to make up stories. If you want some recent examples just ask me. Reality check is always humbling.

• miggs6876

@Zieg30 said...

They shouldn’t have a candidate for president. Nor should Fox News. No news organization should “have a candidate”.

Fox News is nothing but a propaganda arm for the Trump administration at this point. CNN, and many of the others, however, have become extremely problematic themselves over the last few years. The anti-Trump bias is readily apparent.

That said, calling out Trump on his lies isn’t a problem. It’s when you go too far (like the example above of referencing per capita tests – his statement itself wasn’t inaccurate of a half-truth), that there is a problem.

Very nice well thought out post.👍

• BIF

@BerkeleyBoss said...

The death rate will almost certainly go up in the US (with regard to confirmed cases), but if you compare it to where Italy’s was when they were where we are (adjusted for population size), ours is about 4-5x lower than theirs (~1.7% vs ~7.3%).

Of course, that’s not a direct comparison, as there are other variables and we’re working with incomplete information, but it’s a good sign.

Death rates go up exponentially when your hospital system gets maxed out and Infected patients outnumber ventilators available – if you have to start deciding who dies, then the death rate start to climb.

I’m a believer that you won’t have anywhere near 200K deaths and 100K is probably a reach as well but you could have 50K by the time it is over.

• BIF

@Pandamonious said...

Interesting if any of these are true and being counted in the numbers. Who else may be falsely counted? I’ve noticed locally when people died the hospitals would release name if OK with the family, and age and whether or not they had underlying health issues. Now locally all we get is a number of deaths per day.

https://twitter.com/tremendicorn/status/1244336081908236288

I think for every miscounted death in the US there is probably 2 homeless people dead from the virus that won’t make the body count.

• Jaguar22

@BIF said...

I think for every miscounted death in the US there is probably 2 homeless people dead from the virus that won’t make the body count.

Very true also to add China reported 100k cases with 3 thousand dead China lied because they average 9 million deaths a year which comes to about 24 thousand deaths a day adding up the numbers would make one realize that they were blowing the crisis out of proportion or complete coverup

• Pandamonious

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #91

RG Tiered Ranking

• 2019 Blogger of the Month

@BIF said...

Maybe they’re already counting them too?

The general point I’m asking is are they trying to inflate the numbers? Why go on the news and say someone passed away from the virus if they didn’t?

• BIF

@Pandamonious said...

Maybe they’re already counting them too?

I doubt they have even found them as so many people are on lockdown and some police departments are not doing normal patrol so the homeless are not being checked on or monitored (except maybe by themselves) especially the ones squatting in vacant (or closed) building and not the ones in more easily visible in tent cities.

• gaelicgirl

@marker0357 said...

Impossible to filter out the bias unless you turn off the volume

LOL It’s not that hard.
    Just got back from a quest for toilet paper and cat litter, and wore one of those N95 masks for the first time. It was pretty uncomfortable, but I’m glad I did because I was surprised how many people weren’t wearing one. There was not a square of toilet paper to be found, and I checked three stores! Only one of them even had a sign limiting customers to one pack.
    Hopefully I won’t have to resort to sharing the cat’s litter box.

• BIF

@gaelicgirl said...

Hopefully I won’t have to resort to sharing the cat’s litter box.

Hope you bought the clumping kind with the granular odor eating pellets…just in case

• BIF

Not looking forward to the next 2 days as I have to be in the office (on a rotation with 2 others) but at least we’re down to having only 10-15% of staff in the office and we are spread over a couple floors.

The last time I was in the building (a week ago), I think I only left my office to heat up my lunch in the microwave and grab some print jobs off the printer. I’m almost more isolated at the office then I am home.

• gaelicgirl

@BIF said...

Hope you bought the clumping kind with the granular odor eating pellets…just in case

Low dust formula, ultra strong odor-destroying clumps, mountain meadow scent…we’re good!

• Jaguar22

@gaelicgirl said...

Low dust formula, ultra strong odor-destroying clumps, mountain meadow scent…we’re good!

Have you watched cats movie yet

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week. Our goal is to help all of our members make more money playing daily fantasy sports!

Bet with your head, not over it!
Gambling Problem? Call 1-800-Gambler