• Blogger of the Month

7:00 PM EST : New York ( 12 ) at Indiana ( -12 ) —- T: 212
    7:00 PM EST : Cleveland ( 13.5 ) at Philadelphia ( -13.5 ) —- T: 222.5
    8:00 PM EST : LA Lakers ( -1 ) at Chicago ( 1 ) —- T: 226.5
    8:00 PM EST : Milwaukee ( -9 ) at New Orleans ( 9 ) —- T: 237.5
    8:00 PM EST : San Antonio ( 0 ) at Dallas ( 0 ) —- T: —
    10:30 PM EST : Portland ( -2.5 ) at LA Clippers ( 2.5 ) —- T: 231.5
    10:30 PM EST : Minnesota ( 0 ) at Denver ( 0 ) —- T: —

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NBA thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• captainwacky

@monarch said...

Shaq Harrison feels like a trap play but the more I look at him he is checking boxes.

You are correct on both counts!

• feekdogg

@monarch said...

Anyone getting Gary Harris at 4k? Decent get right spot

SG/SF against the Wolves until RoCo gets back (so basically the rest of this year).

• captainwacky

@monarch said...

Shaq Harrison feels like a trap play but the more I look at him he is checking boxes.

The only reason he seems really trappy to me is because of the rotation. If that game stays close, I think there’s way less of a chance he gets significant minutes. He’s behind Dunn, Selden, Arcidiacano, and got better run because of the blowout last game (and like 9 fps in the last 2 minutes).

That said, it’s gonna be a sloppy wild game against the lakers, and Jim Boylan has as much basketball knowledge as Moklovin, so he’s worth some shots on.

• Njsum1

The vomit is cheap value, the floor is the slate…and here’s what’s going on tonight

• Donnyleonard

So with all this AD birthday trolling stuff… Does that motivate him or make him not give a crap? Exactly what kind of dude is he? I honestly don’t know. I’ve changed my opinion on him several times over his career.

• captainwacky

It’s definitely a tricky slate. All the builds will be the same, you just have to get your punts right and your raw points 8k-9k guys right.

• mbunner23

@Njsum1 said...

if you have the stuff to be an MME player you can build a bankroll, and go for it. Some guys probably built their bankrolls, others had it from elsewhere. Granted, building a large bankroll was MUCH MUCH easier 3 or 4 years ago. Still, you can Max enter the QA, the $1, and the $4 (20 Lineup max), play some cash games or multipliers where the pros can’t play, put a couple hundred in per night and if your good, you could have a decent roll in a couple of years.

then you can start maxing the $8 dollar with 150 lineups per night, while still practicing decent bankroll management.

That’s $600 a night. That’s my point, most of us can’t do that. I probably could but if I have 2-3 bad nights, a 1/4th of my bankroll is gone. We all have different goals, mine is to pay off debt, I know I’m not getting rich with DFS. So I play smart to try to earn what I can to pay my bills.

• monarch

@captainwacky said...

The only reason he seems really trappy to me is because of the rotation. If that game stays close, I think there’s way less of a chance he gets significant minutes. He’s behind Dunn, Selden, Arcidiacano, and got better run because of the blowout last game (and like 9 fps in the last 2 minutes).

That said, it’s gonna be a sloppy wild game against the lakers, and Jim Boylan has as much basketball knowledge as Moklovin, so he’s worth some shots on.

The last two games Lavine sat he saw 32 and 24 minutes and he is .99 FPPM with Otto On and Lavine Off and then it is the Lakers. I think he plays regardless because the Bulls want to continue to evaluate him. I think he has more of a future than Arc with his defensive skill set.

• FunchessOfFun

Any Mirotic revenge love out there today?

• captainwacky

@FunchessOfFun said...

Any Mirotic revenge love out there today?

I’ll poke my nose at it a little.

• captainwacky

@monarch said...

The last two games Lavine sat he saw 32 and 24 minutes and he is .99 FPPM with Otto On and Lavine Off and then it is the Lakers. I think he plays regardless because the Bulls want to continue to evaluate him. I think he has more of a future than Arc with his defensive skill set.

Reasonable take, I just have their rotation inhibiting him a little. I will definitely have shares of all 3 bench dudes there, though.

• raul214

@monarch said...

I’m probably going to do a poor job of this but here is an example.

Evan Silva can be all over Damien Williams vs the Raiders at 6600…a dream matchup and the sharps will play Tevin Coleman at 5200 vs the Cowboys, a horrible matchup. They don’t know jack about the players, defenses but they see the carries/ownership and price and flock to Coleman and then Coleman often goes out and outscores Williams.

Gotcha , I’m still trying to learn all I can and plug it all in..I’ll get the math part together eventually if I can consistently put the work to learn it so that I can at least hang with the the average joe cashing in.

• noddy

Having a hard time coming up with a lineup I like

• Abhi

• raul214

@captainwacky said...

The math portion is then deciding what you do with all the info, and at what rate. Day to day, we (including myself) who aren’t crushing the advance math portion of it have chances. Over the long run, those who are better at the advanced application of the math will be successful.

On a connected but more generic note, I find it really weird that people begrudge the successful people in DFS, even if they’re MME guys. Like, we’re all trying to make money at it. If not, there’s tons of places you could do this for free or cheap without these prize pools and less of the ‘sharks’. So outside of jealousy, how can you be upset at them figuring it out and you not?

💯 thx for replying..all we can do is try to figure out the process lol..hating or being jealous isn’t gonna get us where we want.

• jayzee666

@callmetouch said...

What happens when you play both in 1 LU? Both dud?

They would run into each other on the court in the first minute of the game and and knock each other out!!
    Wait, that happens when I pick both!!

• noddy

any thoughts on RoLo tonight?

• Petergunz82

@Pandamonious said...

Might be the type of slate you go cheap at C or play a PF eligible player at C, which I hate doing. I see zero reason not to back to Wagner. Poeltl looks appealing. Sabonis. Or just play Nurkic.

What about Zizic?

• dominicanpapi

Teague/Rose questionable.

Wiggins/KAT GTD.

Perfect!

• captainwacky

@noddy said...

any thoughts on RoLo tonight?

Really like him. his usage picks up a bit without Lavine, and his minutes have been great, and the lakers are garbage.

• captainwacky

@Petergunz82 said...

What about Zizic?

Zizic should be good, and now we just play Tyus jones?

• monarch

The way this is going Giannis is going to be in everyone’s LU

• captainwacky

@monarch said...

The way this is going Giannis is going to be in everyone’s LU

Yeah. Why would you not? If you don’t play Giannis you’re hoping he only plays like 24 minutes.

• JSteele

Giannis doesn’t have a great history against NO and doesn’t seem to get as much as run down the stretch as he was before.

• monarch

@captainwacky said...

Yeah. Why would you not? If you don’t play Giannis you’re hoping he only plays like 24 minutes.

I am but now everyone is playing him, including the people that didn’t want to pay up and down for the likes of Wagner, Harrison, Nwaba etc.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).