• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

3:30 PM EST : Cleveland ( -1.5 ) at LA Clippers ( 1.5 ) —- T: 208
    6:00 PM EST : Indiana ( 4.5 ) at Atlanta ( -4.5 ) —- T: 197
    6:00 PM EST : Utah ( -2.5 ) at Sacramento ( 2.5 ) —- T: 205
    8:00 PM EST : Milwaukee ( -2 ) at Brooklyn ( 2 ) —- T: 207
    9:30 PM EST : New York ( -2 ) at LA Lakers ( 2 ) —- T: 205

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. Please make it a point to say if you’re talking about Cash or GPP options

• TeHDruiD

Been fading ABC, think tonight I’ll be on him with everyone else shying away. Liking Cousins, Hood and Mack from the Utah vs Sacramento game as well. Probably going to build around that core

• Ty127

How do you approach a late slate?

• TeHDruiD

I only play tournaments on a 4 game slate. I put in very little of my bankroll (I’ll do a few low cost single entry tournaments like the Dribbler and the Mini Dribbler) and I get weird with it in hopes of hitting on the perfect lineup. If it fails, then it’s whatever to me because I’m not losing hardly any money

With so few games, there is going to be a lot of overlap in terms of lineups, so I try to be as different as possible without putting together a completely worthless lineup at the same time. Like I said, I’ll have my core of players set and I’ll fill in around them

Identify which players you think are going to do well, stick them in and then get weird around them, you really never know

Or you can approach it like a cash game, get in your value guys and then load up on mid-high priced players who you think are going to do good. In the end, on some of these 4 game slates, the chalk will hit. Other times the chalk fails miserably and the wacky lineup hits

• jr1886

• 2017 FanDuel WFBBC Finalist

The alphabet has a home/road split. But ownership should be lower than it would normally be.

• nstrachan2

@Ty127 said...

On tilt with a burning desire to make smarter picks because you foolishly picked player A instead of player B in the all-day late, lost a ton of cash, and now you have to make that right. And it works every time for everybody. Good Luck!

• rogs

Is Cousins playing today?

• BooduhKing

Kobe’s last game against the Knicks. Any chance he plays a decent amount of minutes? Can’t see this game being one sided.

• Sixersfan

@Ty127 said...

Join a tournament that starts at 6PM. Enter lineup…

• DFSNewbie

I have 4 Cavs. You are welcome for the donation

• Bellest

@BooduhKing said...

Kobe’s last game against the Knicks. Any chance he plays a decent amount of minutes? Can’t see this game being one sided.

I’m stacking that game in a few GPPs. Kobe and Melo’s last game + the Phil Jackson narrative, should be fun!

• B_Heals152

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #13

RG Tiered Ranking

Word of advice: stack the Jazz tonight.

• lk2000

Vujacic revenge game???

• superbuckwild

• Blogger of the Month

@Bellest said...

I’m stacking that game in a few GPPs. Kobe and Melo’s last game + the Phil Jackson narrative, should be fun!

What is Phil Jackson’s price on FD? Lol this narrative talk is ridiculous! When the clips play the Bucks next if Griffin is back he will have a monster game because he once hosted Sesame Street and sang the ABC song and he will be facing Alphabet and will want to play extra hard because of the Alphabet Narrative. Also, Griffin was at a Greek restaurant in Toronto when he broke his hand, and Alphabet is Greek, so that is a double narrative! Expect 80 FD points from Griffin when he eventually faces the Bucks again because narratives don’t lie.

• B_Heals152

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #13

RG Tiered Ranking

Wow! There’s hardly any players above 8k on the whole slate. Makes building a lineup interesting because of all the mid range value.

• BonsackMac78

Lol…love this…

• migarvin99

@superbuckwild said...

What is Phil Jackson’s price on FD? Lol this narrative talk is ridiculous! When the clips play the Bucks next if Griffin is back he will have a monster game because he once hosted Sesame Street and sang the ABC song and he will be facing Alphabet and will want to play extra hard because of the Alphabet Narrative. Also, Griffin was at a Greek restaurant in Toronto when he broke his hand, and Alphabet is Greek, so that is a double narrative! Expect 80 FD points from Griffin when he eventually faces the Bucks again because narratives don’t lie.

NO! Giannis will eat so much Greek food in Brooklyn he will exit early from food poisoning after Greek restaurant owner and closet psycho Nets fan lace his food with E Coli…Book it

• Sixersfan

@migarvin99 said...

NO! Giannis will eat so much Greek food in Brooklyn he will exit early from food poisoning after Greek restaurant owner and closet psycho Nets fan lace his food with E Coli…Book it

Dirty New York City slop food! I hate NYC

• Bellest

@superbuckwild said...

I never play the narrative card, but it seems legit in this case.
    Kobe seemed pretty fired up in his final game against LBJ, I’m assuming (if he plays) he’ll have the same enthusiasm in his final game against Melo and with his former coach in attendance.
    I’m sorry if I offended you with my “ridiculous” take…

• GGee87

I think stacking certain games is the way to go on these super small slates. One of the games is bound to be high scoring.. maybe even overtime. Got a couple teams in mind. Hope the injury news is at a minimum. I never feel as confident in my lineups when i have to switch last minute.

• GGee87

I also wanted to point out that i went back and looked at some of my higher cashes and it seems that a majority of them came on Sunday slates. I wonder if there is something to that or not. We shall see after this weekend. I feel pretty good about tonights slate. The past 2 nights I was not very confident after all of the late switches. Its tough on such huge slates to narrow down each and every individual matchups +/-. So i tend to overlook something that seems obvious after the fact.

• CJtheGrump

Not sure if Cousins will be highly owned or low owned.

Reasons for high ownership: only 10k guy on the 6pm skate. Generally matchup-proof with an extremely high ceiling. Lots of productive value options so people will have room for him.

Reasons for low ownership: Jazz are a stingy defense that prefers to slow the pace. Coach drama.

• DFSNewbie

@GGee87 said...

I also wanted to point out that i went back and looked at some of my higher cashes and it seems that a majority of them came on Sunday slates.

I have had my bigger wins on the weekend as well. I think the reason for that is because the slates are much smaller and I don’t think many people check their LUs during those days if they are playing because there are more fun things to do on the weekend than sitting home and playing DFS. I don’t have any proof but that’s what I think

• TommyWantWingy33

@superbuckwild said...

While I agree some narratives are absurd and stupid. Such as so and so played for these guys 3 years ago he will no doubt have a good game. Now on the other hand if you don’t believe kobe wants to play and play hard against phil Jackson’s team tonight you are just simply wrong. The other part to this is that he may want to play and play well but will it be enough will power for him to actually play well for extended minutes.

• walkoff9

Any slate without james harden is a good slate.

• danderson05

Kobe and Melo never had anywhere near the battles that Kobe and LeBron has had. Kobe and Bron were considered the two best players in the game which always made the games more competitive, can’t say the same for Melo

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-Gambler (NJ/WV/PA), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO) or 1-800-BETS OFF (IA). 21+. NJ/PA/WV/IN/IA/CO/IL only.