7:00 PM EST : Chicago ( 7 ) at Charlotte ( -7 ) —- T: 200
    7:30 PM EST : Dallas ( 4 ) at Toronto ( -4 ) —- T: 197.5
    8:00 PM EST : Washington ( 1 ) at Minnesota ( -1 ) —- T: 214
    8:00 PM EST : Milwaukee ( 4 ) at Memphis ( -4 ) —- T: 201.5
    8:00 PM EST : Atlanta ( 0 ) at San Antonio ( 0 ) —- T: —
    9:00 PM EST : LA Clippers ( 0 ) at Utah ( 0 ) —- T: —
    10:30 PM EST : LA Lakers ( 11.5 ) at Denver ( -11.5 ) —- T: 231
    10:30 PM EST : Orlando ( -1 ) at Sacramento ( 1 ) —- T: 207

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NBA thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. Please make it a point to say if you’re talking about Cash or GPP options.

• draped

@frugal said...

Pitchers have done the rest thing for years now and that’s understandable to me. Do they really rest at other positions? Baseball doesn’t seem like it’s physically taxing enough to require rest.

a lot of position players take days off. but that makes sense bc when you are playing 162 games taking off 5-10 throughout the year isn’t a big deal. especially if they have parts of the schedule when they are playing 12/13 out of 14 days and stuff like that. But at the same time, its pretty rare for a team to rest more than one of its stud position players during a game.

• hbomb57

@DirkDigglerz said...

Feels like a late night Magic Stack is a good idea.

Was just going to ask what Elf shows up tonight you know he is due for a letdown game …could it be tonite probably so if I pick em.

• Conbon32

All on ZBo and Marc Gasol. Bucks cannot guard PFs or C’s.

• draped

@hbomb57 said...

Was just going to ask what Elf shows up tonight you know he is due for a letdown game …could it be tonite probably so if I pick em.

I think elf is a great GPP play. the guy still has 50 FP upside even with Vuc back. and he gets SAC guard defense. he will be very very low owned bc of Vuc being back and having the blowout game vs CHA and a bad game vs CLE.

he is always extremely risky, but I don’t mind targeting him in good matchups if his ownership is going to be miniscule.

EDIT: all that being said I probably wont have the balls to play him. just like everyone else.

• erizos17

@Jaws1002 said...

I have been thinking the same thing. This year more than ever guys are sitting out and getting more rest than ever before. I have never seen anything like it. I hope it’s not a trend that continues into baseball as well. So far only the NBA seems to be doing it.

Didnt the whole rest thing start last year because of Golden state and the bulls record? And it all started because the media(ESPN) kept saying that they should have rested players and not go for the record? And a lot of fans were agreeing with it? Well here we go. They all got their wish

Edit: Thank god the Knicks exist and the Nets get a few extra wins per year

• frugal

@erizos17 said...

Didnt the whole rest thing start last year because of Golden state and the bulls record? And it all started because the media(ESPN) kept saying that they should have rested players and not go for the record? And a lot of fans were agreeing with it? Well here we go. They all got their wish

The first I recall is Pops resting starters on a nationally televised TNT game a few years back. David Stern fined them for it.

• hbomb57

@draped said...

I think elf is a great GPP play. the guy still has 50 FP upside even with Vuc back. and he gets SAC guard defense. he will be very very low owned bc of Vuc being back and having the blowout game vs CHA and a bad game vs CLE.

he is always extremely risky, but I don’t mind targeting him in good matchups if his ownership is going to be miniscule.

I know but I was thinking Schroder though 900 cheaper on DK and he has been pretty consistent might be better option I am taking centers tonight with Utility too may nice options out there. Joke and Howard. specifically.

• goblue84

@frugal said...

Pitchers have done the rest thing for years now and that’s understandable to me. Do they really rest at other positions? Baseball doesn’t seem like it’s physically taxing enough to require rest.

Baseball lends itself to more fast twitch muscle injuries that can linger.

• eli87

@hbomb57 said...

I know but I was thinking Schroder though 900 cheaper on DK and he has been pretty consistent might be better option I am taking centers tonight with Utility too may nice options out there. Joke and Howard. specifically.

What about Rubio?? Similar upside and more consistent a home.. Wizards defend the PG well but so does Chris Paul and he got beat up in Minnesota.

• rebkell

@frugal said...

The first I recall is Pops resting starters on a nationally televised TNT game a few years back. David Stern fined them for it.

I’m pretty sure it was against the Heat with LeBron/Wade/Bosh it was really getting built up and then Pop decided to rest all his studs. I think the news came out pretty late too, I know Pop gets out info about resting players pretty well in advance nowadays.

• chatmar

@nickelos85 said...

Blue arrow looks good too if jameer sits out with hip flexor issue.

Who is Blue Arrow? Thanks

• mathewsmarner

i’m a newbie to basketball, when u say pop u don’t mean this guy

• BUFUu2

anyone else on aaron gordan seems like he has a very good matchup and may goooooo off tonight lower owned prolly as well

• BigPod

Nwaba starting for Swaggy tonight,? another site changed the projected starter.

• rebkell

@chatmar said...

Who is Blue Arrow? Thanks

Jamal Murray for the Denver Nuggets.

• draped

@hbomb57 said...

yes Schroder is definitely a better play and the safer play but he is going to be WAY higher owned. that’s the thing about Elf today, he has the super high upside at super low ownership. but is also super risky.

• Ryan61290

I haven’t seen a mention of Millsap yet. I can’t see Lee keeping up with him. Plus he is only 6.9K on DK. He has been so consistent lately. It is going to be hard for me not to lock him in on cash games

• Cpjttogether

I’m with Heisenberg I like Jokic. I was at golden one center and watched him play live last week. It was crazy how fast his rebounds went up on the stat board. when Jokic is in the game he gets points super fast. A while back I couldn’t beat anybody in h2h because they kept playing jokic against me and I didn’t know who he was. Back then he cost a lot less though.

• frugal

@BigPod said...

Nwaba starting for Swaggy tonight,? another site changed the projected starter.

Looks like LA is going full on youth. I like Clarkson on Yahoo at only $14, he’s going to eat up backup combo guard minutes. If he see’s another 35 minutes tonight he should see 30+ YFP.

• draped

@Ryan61290 said...

I haven’t seen a mention of Millsap yet. I can’t see Lee keeping up with him. Plus he is only 6.9K on DK. He has been so consistent lately. It is going to be hard for me not to lock him in on cash games

agreed. he will be very chalky in cash games. him and Schroder as a pairing with SAS scrubs will be very popular today.

• mathewsmarner

i’m going to read u guys my lineup and tell me what you all think…..2sa 2wsh 2den 1dal 1sac

• bigkino217

im banking on denver crushing the lakers today

• 7klub06

@ASitar said...

Terrence Jones a good play for GPP tonight?

Hell no. I played him Saturday and got 0 points from him

• moped_jones

Kemba/Howard or Rubio/Beal (GPP on DK: pg & utility)

• nickelos85

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).