• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

7:00 PM EST : Orlando ( 0 ) at Washington ( 0 ) —- T: —
    7:00 PM EST : Brooklyn ( 0 ) at Oklahoma ( 0 ) —- T: —
    7:30 PM EST : Detroit ( 1 ) at Miami ( -1 ) —- T: 210
    7:30 PM EST : Memphis ( 1 ) at Atlanta ( -1 ) —- T: 221
    9:30 PM EST : Golden St ( 0 ) at Houston ( 0 ) —- T: —
    10:00 PM EST : Utah ( -7.5 ) at Phoenix ( 7.5 ) —- T: 222

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NBA thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• superstars92

If Aaron Gordon is out, people should consider Terrance Ross.

• JSteele

People are talking about Conley being in a great spot, but is anyone interested in the other side of that game with Trae? only 100 cheaper on DK, at home, especially if you are looking at Delon.

Speaking of Delon on the road.
    In the last few road games: One game Conley didn’t play, one game was a blowout and the other Bradley played 19 minutes because of a B2B.

There is a bit of merit to the play though, he usually plays about 25-26 minutes regardless of where the game is played and Conley is limited to about 30 on the road in a close game, so that would open up a few more minutes for Delon.

• superjon

@superstars92 said...

Correct

I like DJ, Ross and Vuc if Gordon sits

Issac and Fournier are secondary for me.

Damn man.. got smoked.. LOUUUUU duds.. fell for trap w Zizic/Jones. From now on playing my picks and tuning out the noise on the forums. Took out Zubac’s for Zizic. Many mistakes. Obviously I am gonna be playing Curry, Dray.. Harden and Paul tonight. Iggy Time also. M Bridges as well. Oh yea some J Grants also vs WSH.

• frugal

@Kmasonbx said...

I’ve seen that % too and it throws me off as well. The most sense I can make of it is Isaac didn’t start 11 games maybe Gordon played all 11 and spent nearly all of his minutes at PF? Gordon also plays 7 minutes more a game than Isaac, so all 7 of those minutes he plays at PF and maybe with their rotations they spend a decent amount of their playing time without the other on the court so Gordon sees all his SF minutes when sharing the court with Isaac and that has only worked out to be about 30% of his overall playing time.

Going through this exercise maybe it’s safe to say that both are viable to take advantage of the PF vs. Wizards thing.

I think it’s probably best to not even think of them as PF or SF at all and rather as generic forwards who essentially play the same role offensively. Defensively, it seems Isaac takes the opposing PF.

• superstars92

@866 said...

Oh yea some J Grants also vs WSH

Jerian Grant has the revenge narrative for his dad. His dad was shipped out of Washington when it looked like he could blossom into a star and then his career plummeted, and now his son is out for revenge (some guy here said he was a Bullets fan, so I’m sure he can confirm this).

Meanwhile Jerami Grant has a lot to prove since he knows his brother will be motivated, so he has to outshine his brother vs. the Nets tonight.

I’m just having some fun, obviously none of this matters.

• frugal

@JSteele said...

People are talking about Conley being in a great spot, but is anyone interested in the other side of that game with Trae? only 100 cheaper on DK, at home, especially if you are looking at Delon.

Speaking of Delon on the road.
    In the last few road games: One game Conley didn’t play, one game was a blowout and the other Bradley played 19 minutes because of a B2B.

There is a bit of merit to the play though, he usually plays about 25-26 minutes regardless of where the game is played and Conley is limited to about 30 on the road in a close game, so that would open up a few more minutes for Delon.

Despite shaking things up, MEM is still good defensively allowing the fewest opponent PPG and play at the slowest pace in the league. ATL conversely plays at the fastest, if they meet in the middle a huge pace down spot for ATL and huge pace up spot for MEM.

• JSteele

@frugal said...

Despite shaking things up, While MEM are still good defensively allowing the fewest opponent PPG and play at the slowest pace in the leagues. ATL conversely plays at the fastest, if they meet in the middle a huge pace down spot for ATL and huge pace up spot for MEM.

Yea the more I look at this game, the less I like it.

Anyone like Kurucs with no Carroll?

• superstars92

CP3 is extremely cheap against the Warriors and Steph.

Cousins also looks cheaper than he has been, but Harden will probably cause him to fall or get into foul trouble. Either way, he might then take his anger out on the refs, and we all know how that usually goes. I have no idea why the Warriors got Cousins since he actually hurts them vs. the Rockets. I’m sure he can put up like 20/10 against them, but his defense is so bad that it would be better if they played Looney or Iggy.

• queensfinest

thoughts on crowder tonight and allen crabbe?

• superstars92

@JSteele said...

It’ll just be next man up for the Nets right? No Carroll just means more Dudley or RHJ. Maybe Rodions gets a few more mins here and there, but he might get in some foul trouble/fatigue vs. George. Give him credit though, he’s had some great defensive games lately (like vs. Blake) despite being undersized and not as athletic.

• FunchessOfFun

Are Centers vs Utah still a thing? Asking for a friend…

• JSteele

@FunchessOfFun said...

Yea kind of, Whiteside against Drummond is also

• frugal

Few numbers worth looking at…

ATL allows the most opponent FP at 243.7 and plays at the fastest with DvP ranks of #1 at PG, SG, and PF and #2 at SF
    PHO allows the 3rd most opponent FP at 235.4 with DvP ranks of 2 at C, 3 at SG, 6 at PG, and 7 at SF
    WAS allows the 8th most opponent FP at 230.9 with DvP ranks of 3 at PF, 7 at C, and 9 at PG.

Conversely…

MEM allows the 2nd fewest opponent FP at 212.3
    ORL the 4th fewest at 216.4
    DET and MIA allow the 5th and 6th fewest
    and UTA the 7th fewest

• frugal

@JSteele said...

• frugal

@FunchessOfFun said...

Not as much as C’s vs PHO

• Kmasonbx

@frugal said...

ATL allows the most opponent FP at 243.7 and plays at the fastest with DvP ranks of #1 at PG, SG, and PF and #2 at SF

The Hawks pace has slowed dramatically, they are down to 12th in the NBA over the last month of play (going back a week before the all-star break). In that same time they’re giving up about 10 less fantasy points per game with the backcourt being their biggest struggle. They have been fairly stifling against SFs over that time.

• dominicanpapi

@Kmasonbx said...

The Hawks pace has slowed dramatically, they are down to 12th in the NBA over the last month of play (going back a week before the all-star break). In that same time they’re giving up about 10 less fantasy points per game with the backcourt being their biggest struggle. They have been fairly stifling against SFs over that time.

You can’t just chalk it up to them playing slower. Gotta look at their opponents too: Pelicans, Nets, Spurs, Heat, Bulls 2X, Wolves, Rockets, Suns, Pistons, Knicks, Lakers, Magic.

• Benf15harp

@866 said...

Damn man.. got smoked.. LOUUUUU duds.. fell for trap w Zizic/Jones. From now on playing my picks and tuning out the noise on the forums. Took out Zubac’s for Zizic. Many mistakes. Obviously I am gonna be playing Curry, Dray.. Harden and Paul tonight. Iggy Time also. M Bridges as well. Oh yea some J Grants also vs WSH.

Tried to tell you my friend
    One of these days you’ll listen to me LOL
    Until then see you in the ER 👨‍🔬 🤣

• Kmasonbx

@FunchessOfFun said...

They’ve been better but I still don’t like post bigs vs. Gobert. I prefer the guys that get most of their points off of Gobert having to help elsewhere and leaving the boards or lobs open. Trying to go straight at Gobert only works for the most gifted scoring bigs.

• Pandamonious

• 2020 Blogger of the Month

@Kmasonbx said...

So are you confirming CJ Miles is a bad idea?

• Benf15harp

@superstars92 said...

Pretty much a 6x + play without AG 👍

• FunchessOfFun

@Kmasonbx said...

They’ve been better but I still don’t like post bigs vs. Gobert. I prefer the guys that get most of their points off of Gobert having to help elsewhere and leaving the boards or lobs open. Trying to go straight at Gobert only works for the most gifted scoring bigs.

This makes a lot of sense. Thank you.

Unfortunately most of my LU’s will be tied to Rubio news. I’d love to keep playing Mitchell, but not if Rubio comes back.

• I went on 5 day winn streak last week, now on a 2 day losing streak, looking to break it tonight. Loading up dubs rockets with harden!. Never fade the beard.

• Donnyleonard

@ASitar said...

Josh Jackson will be in a lot of my LUs

May I ask why? My first build he fell in my last spot with my left over $.
    I’m glad someone like you is on him today!

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).