• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

7:00 PM EST : Detroit ( 8 ) at Cleveland ( -8 ) —- T: 215
    7:30 PM EST : Indiana ( -3 ) at New York ( 3 ) —- T: 211
    7:30 PM EST : Okla City ( -6 ) at Brooklyn ( 6 ) —- T: 224.5
    8:00 PM EST : Portland ( 3 ) at New Orleans ( -3 ) —- T: 216.5
    10:30 PM EST : Philadelphia ( 17 ) at Golden State ( -17 ) —- T: 221

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NBA thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. Please make it a point to say if you’re talking about Cash or GPP options.

• fourseasons

@dgballer said...

He was less than 1% owned. If Millsap had a better game I would have been looking real good.

Millsap kept me under the 320 threshhold as well. Was distracted near lock when I learned that Gobert was playing. sigh!

• Poole954

@NBAFantasy101 said...

anyone like Nurkic tonight?

Yasssss!

• frugal

@ccchalfant said...

Ok just trying to figure out where people come up with those numbers and which ones they go off of?

Mathematically speaking at it’s most basic, it’s adjusting a player’s performance for DvP. That said, the more factors taken into play, the more accurate one can be in identifying players in great positions to succeed. But no model is 100%. For example last night all my supporting plays beat my projections but I had Kawhi and Jokic outperforming Butler and Towns. In retrospect, towns was in a much more competitive game and I should have manually adjusted my projection, but Butler was unforeseeable based on the method I follow daily. Still came out ahead on the night with ~1.8X return on my entry fees.

EDIT: Yahoo scoring.

• fourseasons

Question of the day: Cousins or Davis? Thoughts?

• ccchalfant

@frugal said...

Mathematically speaking at it’s most basic, it’s adjusting a player’s performance for DvP. That said, the more factors taken into play, the more accurate one can be in identifying players in great positions to succeed. But no model is 100%. For example last night all my supporting plays beat my projections but I had Kawhi and Jokic outperforming Butler and Towns. In retrospect, towns was in a much more competitive game and I should have manually adjusted my projection, but Butler was unforeseeable based on the method I follow daily. Still came out ahead on the night with ~1.8X return on my entry fees.

Thanks, Ill be happy to just min cash at this point…never had such a problem in NBA till this year

• RecEm2014

The bright side of snow. If BKN game gets cancelled…no “to Westy or not to Westy”

• draped

@ccchalfant said...

Thanks, Ill be happy to just min cash at this point…never had such a problem in NBA till this year

another part of consistently cashing is which contests you are entering. if you are struggling consistently then try the large field single entry double ups or the 100-200 man double up/triple ups. if you still want to play gpps, then try the low buy-in single entry ones. on DK there is always a 1/3/5$ single entry GPP.

• MrPerfekt7

@fourseasons said...

My man, Luwa! Gotta luv him.

Yep, he had been showing up a lot as I make LUs. First I was like who is this guy. Then I see he put up numbers when Covington is out

• frugal

@ccchalfant said...

Give Yahoo a try. Switched from DK at the beginning of the year and have been extremely profitable. I prefer the pricing method there, smaller pots but less sharks. That said, I’ve recently applied my projections to DK and have been on a little streak but I only play the Daily Dollar or the Quarter Arcade and only a couple entries.

• MrPerfekt7

@fourseasons said...

Question of the day: Cousins or Davis? Thoughts?

I would play AD over him. Cousins is now a hit or a miss especially when he gets in foul trouble

• fourseasons

@7klub06 said...

Yep, he had been showing up a lot as I make LUs. First I was like who is this guy. Then I see he put up numbers when Covington is out

And we know Cov likes him some GSW. Lots of attention on this game with BKN on weather alert.

• LogiHD

@Poole954 said...

Yasssss!

Why?

• Sixersfan

@eli87 said...

100% Zubac and barely broke even!! Thanks Tyreke!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yea Tyreke killed all the potential I had. I had alot of exposure to the late games and for my early games I was looking pretty good. All players were over 30 fandeul points with 4-6 players left to play and 4 of them had Tyreke. I was so pissed.

• loutheitalian

No talk of saric

• Sixersfan

@thebimonster said...

Please fade. I will play a guy who is on a hot streak and the coach went out of his way to say he has earned more minutes. With blowout likely, those minutes seem like a sure thing, AND at $3600, even if he craps the bed, he won’t kill you. Also, have you seen Philly play D lately?

may I ask who you are referring to?

• gaelicgirl

@Sixersfan said...

may I ask who you are referring to?

He’s talking about Ian Clark.

• moped_jones

Great night last night. Won $95 off of $9. I’ll take that every day. Been losing 5-$10 a day for the past week. Just missed cashing several times during that time. Nice to not only get back into the win column, but to be set bankroll wise for a while.

As for tonight I have 1 lineup of players not affected by weather and one just regular ol’ lineup But after reading some of the posts here it sounds like they games will probably be played tonight.

My two punts are Crawford (duh, everyone is on him) and TLC (76ers, too lazy to go look up how to spell it). This allowed me to have two studs and Nurkic in both lineups.

• Sixersfan

@RecEm2014 said...

Link Quote Reply * To quote a specific section, highlight the desired text with the cursor before using the Quote link * GIF https://media.giphy.com/media/AAFKOoD6B1F0k/giphy.gif Search Agree Applause Awww Dance Deal With It Do Not Want Eww Please Facepalm Fist Bump Good Luck Goodbye Happy Dance Hearts High Five Hug IDK Kiss Mic Drop No OMG Oh Snap Ok Oops Popcorn SMH Scared Seriously Shocked Shrug Sigh Slow Clap Sorry Thank You Thumbs Down Thumbs Up Want Win Wink YOLO Yawn Yes You Got This $(document).ready(function() { giphy.init(); }); draped 0 23 minutes ago @ccchalfant said… another part of consistently cashing is which contests you are entering. if you are struggling consistently then try the large field single entry double ups or the 100-200 man double up/triple ups. if you still want to play gpps, then try the low buy-in single entry ones. on DK there is always a 1/3/5$ single entry GPP. Link Quote Reply 7klub06 1 21 minutes ago @fourseasons said… Yep, he had been showing up a lot as I make LUs. First I was like who is this guy. Then I see he put up numbers when Covington is out Link Quote Reply frugal 0 21 minutes ago @ccchalfant said… Give Yahoo a try. Switched from DK at the beginning of the year and have been extremely profitable. I prefer the pricing method there, smaller pots but less sharks. That said, I’ve recently applied my projections to DK and have been on a little streak but I only play the Daily Dollar or the Quarter Arcade and only a couple entries. Link Quote Reply 7klub06 0 20 minutes ago @fourseasons said… I would play AD over him. Cousins is now a hit or a miss especially when he gets in foul trouble Link Quote Reply fourseasons 0 12 minutes ago @7klub06 said… And we know Cov likes him some GSW. Lots of attention on this game with BKN on weather alert. Link Quote Reply LogiHD 0 10 minutes ago @Poole954 said… Why? Link Quote Reply Sixersfan 0 3 minutes ago @eli87 said… Yea Tyreke killed all the potential I had. I had alot of exposure to the late games and for my early games I was looking pretty good. All players were over 30 fandeul points with 4-6 players left to play and 4 of them had Tyreke. I was so pissed. Edit Link Quote Reply loutheitalian 0 3 minutes ago No talk of saric Link Quote Reply Sixersfan 0 2 minutes ago @thebimonster said… may I ask who you are referring to? Edit Link Quote Reply gaelicgirl 0 X 1 minute ago @Sixersfan said… He’s talking about Ian Clark. Link Quote Reply moped_jones 0 X 1 minute ago Great night last night. Won $95 off of $9. I’ll take that every day. Been losing 5-$10 a day for the past week. Just missed cashing several times during that time. Nice to not only get back into the win column, but to be set bankroll wise for a while.

As for tonight I have 1 lineup of players not affected by weather and one just regular ol’ lineup But after reading some of the posts here it sounds like they games will probably be played tonight.

My two punts are Crawford (duh, everyone is on him) and TLC (76ers, too lazy to go look up how to spell it). This allowed me to have two studs and Nurkic in both lineups.

Link Quote Reply Comments: 1

… 3

X Unread Thread X Thread with New Replies* *Jumps to your first unread reply Sites mentioned in this thread Use our links to sign up and deposit on sites listed in this thread to get these bonuses: Learn More DraftKings DraftKings Sign up for DraftKings using a RotoGrinders link & receive our DraftKings Incentives premium content FREE for 3-months. That’s a $75 value! No DraftKings promo code necessary! Subforum Index NHL Forum 43 seconds ago Strategy Forum 43 seconds ago NBA Forum 1 minute ago PGA Forum 9 minutes ago SOC Forum 19 minutes ago MMA Forum 22 minutes ago Industry Forum 36 minutes ago CBB Forum 1 hour ago Nascar Forum 1 hour ago RSD Forum 1 hour ago Getting-started Forum 2 hours ago MLB Forum 8 hours ago Support Forum 19 hours ago Esports Forum 1 day ago Tools Forum 1 day ago Bankroll Forum 2 days ago CFB Forum 4 days ago Off-topic Forum 4 days ago NFL Forum 5 days ago See All See More Tweets by @RotoGrinders

!function(d,s,id){var js,fjs=d.getElementsByTagName(s)$this->footnoteID(‘0’,’‘,’‘),p=/^http:/.test(d.location)?‘http’:‘https’;if(!d.getElementById(id)){js=d.createElement(s);js.id=id;js.src=p+”://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js”;fjs.parentNode.insertBefore(js,fjs);}}(document,“script”,“twitter-wjs”);

Most Active Pages Threads: NBA, 3/14 Articles: NBA First Look: Tuesday, March 14th News: Daily Fantasy Alerts – Breaking NBA News and Updates Articles: NBA Starting 5: Tuesday, March 14th Lineup Builder: FanDuel Lineup Optimizer | Build NBA lineups quickly Articles: PGA First Look: Arnold Palmer Invitational Podcasts: Daily Fantasy Fix: 3/14/2017 Projected Stats: DraftKings NBA Projections | Today’s Player Projections Lineups: NBA Starting Lineups | DraftKings NBA Lineups and Salaries Threads: Arnold Palmer Invitational (PGA) Projected Stats: FanDuel NBA Projected Optimal Lineup for Today’s Games, March 14th, 2017 Podcasts: RotoGrinders Morning Grind: 3/14/2017 Offers: DraftKings NBA Daily Research Console Lineup Builder: DraftKings Lineup Optimizer | Build PGA lineups quickly Lineups: NHL Starting Lineups | DraftKings NHL Lineups and Salaries Podcasts: Daily Fantasy Podcasts Blog Posts: Fading the Chalk: Don’t Call It a Comeback Projecte

was thinknig the same thing. I’m kind of hoping this game gets cancelled just for that reason

• Sixersfan

@gaelicgirl said...

He’s talking about Ian Clark.

Cool thanks

• thebimonster

@moped_jones said...

Great night last night. Won $95 off of $9. I’ll take that every day. Been losing 5-$10 a day for the past week. Just missed cashing several times during that time. Nice to not only get back into the win column, but to be set bankroll wise for a while.

Why is everyone so high on Nurkic and his fouling tendency. Won’t AD and Boogie expose that tremendously?

• moped_jones

@DirkDigglerz said...

Gotta love AD tonight the dude is averaging 64.5 fantasy points against the Blazers this season

Boogie is too. I’ve got 100% exposure to Davis and 25% to Boogie. Portland sucks against bigs. Although with Nurkic they’ve been a lot better recently (but I’d need to go back and see who’ve they’ve played during that span).

• thebimonster

@moped_jones said...

Boogie is too. I’ve got 100% exposure to Davis and 25% to Boogie. Portland sucks against bigs. Although with Nurkic they’ve been a lot better recently (but I’d need to go back and see who’ve they’ve played during that span).

100% exposure to someone made of glass is a scary proposition.

• loutheitalian

I’m playing TLC and saric to and look how the wizards attacked nurkic the other night imagine what boogie and Davis can do no nurkic for me

• moped_jones

@thebimonster said...

With Cov out, Clark became an even better play, since TLC won’t guard him now (will probably be Henderson). Plus Cov out adds to the blowout factor.

Now TLC just became a much better play. I was going to play him anyway.

• thebimonster

@moped_jones said...

Now TLC just became a much better play. I was going to play him anyway.

Just saying, Clark is a nice GPP pivot from the much higher owned TLC.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).