7:30 PM EST : Charlotte ( -4.5 ) at Atlanta ( 4.5 ) —- T: 220
    7:30 PM EST : Philadelphia ( -9 ) at New York ( 9 ) —- T: 217
    8:00 PM EST : LA Clippers ( 11 ) at Houston ( -11 ) —- T: 224.5
    8:00 PM EST : Chicago ( 2 ) at Memphis ( -2 ) —- T: 212.5
    8:30 PM EST : New Orleans ( 3.5 ) at San Antonio ( -3.5 ) —- T: 219.5
    9:00 PM EST : Phoenix ( 12.5 ) at Utah ( -12.5 ) —- T: 213
    9:00 PM EST : Detroit ( 7.5 ) at Denver ( -7.5 ) —- T: 216
    10:00 PM EST : Cleveland ( 5 ) at Portland ( -5 ) —- T: 222

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NBA thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• tmarohl

@thetitanlb said...

Iono man I personally think it’s Lebron and just the shit system Lue runs..Lue might be the worst coach in the whole league btw. Hood was good on the jazz. Look st crowder, he had been great for the jazz but was a ghost for the cavs

That is on Lebron. He is the coach

• tmarohl

@chronoxiong said...

People really played Zizic? Lol. And people seriously picked Troy Williams? Lol. What an easy night to win. I scored 323.40 which crushed all my cash games and won more than minimum GPP cash. Beat the Score for 275 and 290 as well. And people rostered CP3 when CP3 clearly doesn’t care about revenge against the Clippers? Nor the fact that Harden was somehow 50% owned in cash when there were SGs in great spots below him (Jrue, McCollum, Batum, even Mitchell). I love chalky nights like this. It’s so easy to win. Ok ok ok, I had a few blunders in my lineup. If you want to know, I went Murray/Rondo/Batum/McCollum/Lebron/Beasley/Vonleh/Plumlee/Nurkic. Yeah laugh at me for picking Plumdog over Jeff Green at the same price. My bad there. And I had no clue the Cavs were going to play Lebron at Center negating Nurkic’s use. I could have a much much better score if Nurkic didn’t suck. Spent $25 and won back $53. Wished I was in more games but had to play it safe due to work.

Congrats, but yes, I had Troy in just about every lineup. Just signed to a two year deal and getting 20 minutes per game, and doesn’t sniff the floor. CP3 was cheap and thought he would hit value. Jrue was in a terrible spot. I agree with mcColoum and Batum.

• thetitanlb

@tmarohl said...

The only player Lebummer ever made better in his entire career was Delly. He wrecks everyone else. He got a lot of guys paid though. I challenge anyone on this board to give me another name of a player that performed better next to Lebron. Lebummer may be one of the best statistical players ever, but he is not even in the top 10 on my list because it is, and has always been, all about Lebron. In my mind he is just a terrible team mate.

I fully agree man. No arguement here. I never have fully understood why because bron is a willing passer. But it’s just a fact. He somehow lowers teammates numbers

• Warmtakes

He’s the drama king.

• tmarohl

My tweet to Lebron and JR

How does someone play 27 minutes, and have 3 points, 1 turnover, no assists and 2 rebounds. Seems to me that just about any old man or 4th grader could accomplish that. I’m looking at you TheRealJRSmith, the worst player in the entire NBA. KingJames would probably agree.

• thetitanlb

@tmarohl said...

My tweet to Lebron an JR

How does someone play 27 minutes, and have 3 points, 1 turnover, no assists and 2 rebounds. Seems to me that just about any old man or 4th grader could accomplish that. I’m looking at you TheRealJRSmith, the worst player in the entire NBA. KingJames would probably agree.

Best part is the cavs player super duper small and gave Zizic 6 minutes while JR 27 minutes the worst player in the league confirmed by many stats

• thetitanlb

@tmarohl said...

My tweet to Lebron and JR

Except you forget Lebron forced the cavs to give JR that humongous contract

• tmarohl

@thetitanlb said...

Except you forget Lebron forced the cavs to give JR that humongous contract

Well, I did say he got a lot of guys paid.

• tmarohl

I keep hearing that the Lakers have two max spots, and they want Lebron. Serious question, knowing that Lebron makes the players around him worse, why would you want him? If I’m the Lakers, I think I would rather have Julius Randle. Adding Lebron just takes the ball out of Ball’s hands, and makes everyone else just stand around.
    If I am the Rockets, why do I want Lebron? That will just take the ball out of Harden’s and Paul’s hands. The only teams I think would be better if Lebron joined them would be Philly or Toronto.

• jbtrusty

Had my best night of the year on DK. Had three Hawks, and LBJ, Joker, and Blake, hit 336. Thanks to all on the forum.

• Gopackgo30

@tmarohl said...

I keep hearing that the Lakers have two max spots, and they want Lebron. Serious question, knowing that Lebron makes the players around him worse, why would you want him? If I’m the Lakers, I think I would rather have Julius Randle. Adding Lebron just takes the ball out of Ball’s hands, and makes everyone else just stand around.
    If I am the Rockets, why do I want Lebron? That will just take the ball out of Harden’s and Paul’s hands. The only teams I think would be better if Lebron joined them would be Philly or Toronto.

Lebron has been the best player on the planet for several years now. Guys who play with him aren’t going to have as high of numbers. Lebron has taken sub-par teams (without him) to 7 straight finals, winning three. I don’t see how you wouldn’t want Lebron on your team. Better numbers or not, you have a shot at a championship…I think most guys will take that over better numbers. If I was a Lakers fan, I would want Lebron. That puts LA in instant contention for a trip to the Finals.

• SkateFiend

@Gopackgo30 said...

Lebron has been the best player on the planet for several years now. Guys who play with him aren’t going to have as high of numbers. Lebron has taken sub-par teams (without him) to 7 straight finals, winning three. I don’t see how you wouldn’t want Lebron on your team. Better numbers or not, you have a shot at a championship…I think most guys will take that over better numbers. If I was a Lakers fan, I would want Lebron. That puts LA in instant contention for a trip to the Finals.

Lebron didn’t start winning until he was part of a big three system. He needs volume contributors playing next to him, and the Lakers don’t have it. Lonzo is likely a 15 PPG guard who collects rebounds and dishes out 8 assists. That’s great for DFS purposes, but with Lebron in the system his game will suffer hugely. Ingram strikes me as Andrew Wiggins type.

Let’s say the big three Lakers is Lonzo, Lebron and Ingram – everyone else who’s playing well right now will be an after thought, guaranteed. KCP will be effectively JR Smith, and Randle and Kuzma will revert back to where they were Nance and Clarkson were sill with the team. Brook Lopez is getting outta LA, he likely earned a nice contract with another team with his recent play. No way he’ll rot on the bench under the weight of Lebron and Walton. Randle will likely leave too.

In the West Lebron will have to tango with the Dubs, Rockets, Thunder, Pelicans and the Timberwolves in the playoffs. There a lot of killers here and the Lakers probably don’t have enough firepower to overcome them, even with Lebron. Not unless they commit to building a big another three around him.

• cm57201

Anyone else play the $50k alumni pickem tonight? I’m normally about classic mode, but I throw a couple in pick ems for fun and have decent results. $10k top prize and I actually placed first….with 175 others. $10k turned to $145 payout. Bummer.

• tmarohl

@SkateFiend said...

Lebron didn’t start winning until he was part of a big three system. He needs volume contributors playing next to him, and the Lakers don’t have it. Lonzo is likely a 15 PPG guard who collects rebounds and dishes out 8 assists. That’s great for DFS purposes, but with Lebron in the system his game will suffer hugely. Ingram strikes me as Andrew Wiggins type.

Let’s say the big three Lakers is Lonzo, Lebron and Ingram – everyone else who’s playing well right now will be an after thought, guaranteed. KCP will be effectively JR Smith, and Randle and Kuzma will revert back to where they were Nance and Clarkson were sill with the team. Brook Lopez is getting outta LA, he likely earned a nice contract with another team with his recent play. No way he’ll rot on the bench under the weight of Lebron and Walton. Randle will likely leave too.

In the West Lebron will have to tango with the Dubs, Rockets, Thunder, Pelicans and the Timberwolves in the playoffs. There a lot of killers here and the Lakers probably don’t have enough firepower to overcome them, even with Lebron. Not unless they commit to building a big another three around him.

Guys like KCP, Lopez, Thomas and Randle will be gone after this season. That is where the cap space to sign two max players would be coming from. If they resign Randle they may be able to afford one max player. Lebron added to that mix in my opinion would not be enough to overcome the better teams in the west. In addition, if they sign Lebron, might as well just get rid of Lonzo, because Lebron would be taking the ball out of his hands.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).